Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

These Are The Top 10 tvN Dramas With The Highest Premiere Ratings Ever

tvN is one of the most successful broadcasting channels in South Korea. Over time, through partnerships with OTT platforms like Netflix, tvN dramas have gained immense success worldwide as well. However, it is worth noting how Korea itself reacted to these dramas. National viewership is generally calculated in the form of ratings and these ratings give us a rough idea about public response.

Today, we're ranking the top 10 tvN dramas of all time on the basis of the ratings they received on their first episode.

drama-rating.png

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/these-are-the-top-10-tvn-dramas-with-the-highest-premiere-ratings-ever/

Hyun Bin selected as official ambassador for luxury brand Loro Piana

Actor Hyun Bin has been selected as the official ambassador of the luxury brand Loro Piana.

loropiana1.jpg

loropiana2.jpg

Italian high-end lifestyle brand Loro Piana announced on the 1st that it has selected actor Hyun Bin as its official ambassador for the first time in Korea. "We selected Hyun Bin as the official ambassador who shared a common value consistent with the philosophy of the brand pursuing sustainability based on his interest in humanity, animals and the environment," Loro Piana said.

Hyun Bin said, "I want to share the serious story of Loro Piana with many people through this Ambassador activity. Please look forward to our future activities.'

As an official ambassador, Hyun Bin will showcase various styles, ranging from FW21 collection to Ready to Wear to Shoes.

In the drama "Crash Landing on You," Hyun Bin is loved by viewers all over the world, including Son Ye-jin, who developed into a real lover, and Japan. The movie "The Point Men" is about to be released.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/009/0004845975

*** tvN has listed "Crash Landing On You" as one, which has been providing the network with endless entertainment for years. Because of this drama, tvN has set some new records, making history and changing the game for Korean movie and TV entertainment fields forever. This drama is one, which wowed the world, according to tvN’s official Instagram!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTXLATGFKtA/?hl=ko

2. Crash Landing On You

Need we say more? The 2019 mega-hit series Crash Landing On You gave us the greatest Dispatch reveal of the decade: Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin in an actual relationship! From on-screen to off-screen, the leads showed us how to do romance right in Crash Landing On You, receiving a record-breaking 21.7% in viewer ratings after the season’s finale episode aired.

-ObDqckD4M0B2d2Sl9b7pnHcszxBqm0CNGbAGeseNVEMmOn2_2rbdc2ij7xvyvEg9CnGHBFe5-h7x9NCdawWXqd9iLwJqCthJBDyqlIeeURYDE0=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | @tvn_joy/Instagram

In fact, Crash Landing On You swept the world off its feet and received an unprecedented amount of attention from both inside Korea and out. It has been chosen as one of the “Top 10 International Dramas” for the New York Times, 2020. It won “The Best Drama Award” at the Asian Academy Creative Awards. Variety also throned the series the “Best International TV Series.” D-e-s-e-r-v-e-d, right?

source : https://theqoo.net/index.php?mid=hot&filter_mode=normal&document_srl=2148932560

*** September 25 is nearing.....................HB's special DAY! The Hyun Bin Philippines Fan Club (HBPFC), were already planning to celebrate his birthday since July. The fan club went an extra mile to gift him a locally made crafted “Hyun Bin Beer.” The gift was so unique and has caught the attention of local and international media outlets. The Hyun Bin Beer is exclusively available this September only. The ale classifications were named from some of his previous roles. The beers are intended to be distributed just in time before his virtual birthday party on September 25. To celebrate Hyun Bin’s 39th Birthday, his Filipino Binians prepared 3 things: Gift, Party, and Share the Joy. For their first project, the fan club will send a gift box containing 9 gifts addressed to his agency. For their second project, they will live stream a birthday party this September 25 where everyone can watch it for free. It features games, blow cakes, and make wishes. Their last project is Share the Joy, wherein they will provide charity support in their 9 selected beneficiaries. It looks like that this year (2021) birthday celebration for Hyun Bin is special. It looks like a different fangirling event. :Megalol:  Surely, it is a unique event. Click here to sign up for the virtual event. 

:shaq:

Hyun-Bin-Beer-Photoshoot-rotated.jpg?res

HB_portrait_rsvp_082521.jpg?resize=618,8

photo source : anyyeongoppa

2nd CF for SimInvest

more pics. This was posted from the film studio

It turns out that Tom Ford Oud Wood scent is also Hyun Bin's favorite he likes to wear:

Hyun Bin, mysterious eyes... Tom Ford Oud Wood pictorial

'Tom Ford Beauty' has unveiled a new fragrance campaign with Hyun Bin, the first Asia Pacific fragrance perfume brand.

spacer.png

In July, Hyun Bin was selected as the first Tom Ford Beauty perfume to represent 15 countries in the Asia-Pacific region. In the pictorial released this time, Hyun Bin showed off his strong yet deep eyes while wearing an all-black outfit in a chic way.

Filmed in black and white, the perfume with the actor is Tom Ford Oud Wood, a woody type that gives a mysterious feeling with a smoky woody scent combined with a sweet spice. In particular, it is a Tom Ford perfume that Hyun Bin personally uses and loves.

Actor Hyun Bin's new perfume campaign with Tom Ford Beauty and the behind-the-scenes video to be released can be found through official SNS channels including Tom Ford's official KakaoTalk Plus channel.

http://m.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=284266

Top 5 Korean Male Actors Who Successfully Played North Korean Soldier Roles!!

Top-5-Korean-Male-Actors-Who-Successfull

Top 5 Korean Male Actors Who Successfully Played North Korean Soldier Roles!!

One of the popular Korean movie genres is probably those that include North Korean issues. Little known to the South Korean public, North Korea is a popular yet interesting topic many movie producers use to make their movies mysterious and interesting. North Korea and South Korea share similar yet different languages, cultures, and other features. Such differences make it very challenging for actors to perfectly fit themselves into characters from North Korea. However, we all know those who have done it successfully.

Here are five top Korean actors who played North Korean roles and perfectly nailed it.

Hyun Bin as Im Cheolryung in ‘Confidential Assignment’

8e027ba1c65bb1b62649e222d562b494.jpg

Hyun Bin as Ri Junghyuk in ‘Crash Landing on You’

IMG_9091.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/09/08/top-5-korean-male-actors-who-successfully-played-north-korean-soldier-roles/

*** She's a Filipina K-drama fan who appeared in more than (60) K-dramas. Check out the video interview with Joyce from the Philippines where she mentioned HB in 2:36 part of the video! She is now living her dreams by having a successful career at a Korean company on weekdays, and appearing in dozens of popular Korean dramas herself mostly as a background actor and also hosting TV shows and events with K-pop bands on weekends.  :heart2:

video source : Korea Times

*** Hyun Bin has become one of the in-demand celebrities when it comes to endorsing brands, especially the luxurious ones. Recently, Loro Piana chooses Hyun Bin as their first Korean Brand Ambassador. He is the perfect fit to represent the brand. Loro Piana has been holding a Personalized Pop-up event from September 2 to 15 at the Cheongdam flagship store in Seoul. HB attended the opening ceremony to celebrate. All the stylish outfits from coat, jacket, scarf, and inner top even the clothing materials were all displayed inside the store. During the special event, Hyun Bin was shown wearing a light brown jacket and knitwear turtleneck, which defined his dandy style. Also, Hyun Bin has been working with different brands all across Asia, too. :kaching3:

The store in Seoul :

hyun-bin.jpeg?w=600?w=650

During the brand's event :

hyun-bin-loro-piana.png?w=900

hyun-bin.jpg?w=600?w=650

Spoiler

hyun-bin.jpg?w=600?w=650

photos source : Kdramastars

• Like 1

Hyun Bin answering fan questions for Esquire Korea

He visited the opening of the Lorno Piano store recently:

Hyun Bin, 'Autumn Man' look... Attend Loro Piana pop-in event

Loro Piana, an Italian high-end lifestyle brand, will hold a Personalization Pop-in event at the Cheongdam flagship store in Seoul until the 15th.n Bin, who was selected as Korea's first Loro Piana ambassador, attended the opening ceremony to celebrate.

On this day, Hyun Bin matched a jacket and knitwear to show off a style that smells like autumn. In addition, they had time to experience various customized services such as looking at the color options of Loro Piana and cashmere scarves at the event.

spacer.png

Meanwhile, the pop-in that Hyun Bin attended is even more special because it allows them to create customized products that reflect the individuality and lifestyle of each customer, from shoes to outerwear.

http://m.slist.kr/news/ampArticleView.html?idxno=284547&idxno=284547&__twitter_impression=true

The video of the store visit:

• Love 1

*** 'Crash Landing on You" won the Grand Prize at the recent 2021 Korea Communications Commission Broadcasting Awards. This is an annual ceremony to commemorate the excellent programs produced by various broadcasting companies, may it be in series, variety shows, and more. Congratulations to the team, especially to HB & SYJ.

:heart3:

• Love 1

*** tvN is partnering with TVing to run a vote for the audiences’ favorite K-drama in the network’s 15-year span. tvN has so many great dramas. I’ve watched so many dramas from this cable network. I can say that tvN is the HBO of SK. And

running down the list are "Crash Landing On You & Memories of Alhambra"   -     :blush:

LINK to vote :     http://event.tving.com/external/tvn15th/5377

• Love 1

Lots of photoshoots of Hyun Bin x Loro Piana in W Korea. Plus his interview :) 

2021-w2.jpg

2021-w13.jpg

2021-w7.jpg

more of the photoshoots

Spoiler

2021-w9.jpg

2021-w8.jpg

2021-w6.jpg

2021-w5.jpg

2021-w4.jpg

2021-w14.jpg

2021-w3.jpg

2021-w1.jpg

2021-w12.jpg

2021-w11.jpg

2021-w10.jpg

His interview

* note translated with papago by Naver. Some words might be off a bit or not properly correct

Calling You (Hyun Bin)

How does it feel to have been selected as the first ambassador for Loro Piana?

I don't know what it would be like to use the expression "I've been watching this brand," but I was that interested. I think it's a very good brand with a long tradition. With the keyword "Timeless," the spirit of conveying unchanging value over time is also good. I am sincerely happy to be with you on Loropiana's journey in the future.

According to Loropiana's CEO, the brand's DNA is closely linked to Italy's core values such as excellence, comfortable elegance, and family traditions. What impression do you have about Italy?

I went to Venice and Florence, and even if it was the same Italy, the impression was very different. Like Italy, I saw many small workshops, so I stopped by several places. It was already a few years ago, but I felt that it was a place to live gracefully while maintaining the tradition. There were some sad moments. I heard during the trip that Venice's sleep continues to rise. There must be an impact of global warming. I remember trying to capture as many images as possible in my eyes because I thought I might not be able to see this beautiful scenery someday.

When it comes to movies set in Italy, "vacation" and "family" first emerge as related search terms. "I am Love" and...

"Call Me By Your Name", too! I love the "Godfather" series so much.

Watching him take a photo shoot while changing various costumes, I wondered what item has been preserved for the longest time in Hyunbin's dress room. It's an item that you love and don't think about throwing away as time goes by.

That's the case with coats. I like basic styles rather than anything that stands out or is trendy. Something hidden rather than what the logo looks like, something simple rather than complicated elements. If you think about it, there are many coats like that that that have been kept for a long time.

Does the black coat take up a lot of shares in the hangers where only the coat is hung up?

It's not to the point of "colorful," but there are also some camels. There seem to be a number of black, gray, and camel coats.

Information was obtained in advance that you were not very talkative (smile). However, I think there must be a conversation that Hyun-bin can talk about excitedly. What makes you talkative?

Golf seems to be that kind of subject these days.. After all, men talk a little about their hobbies.

What do you like about golf?

First of all, you can walk freely without caring about anyone in a place with good air and scenery. And the fact that when you play golf, your thoughts in your head disappear. You can focus quietly on that moment quietly.

So... Are you good at golf?

As much as you can enjoy it with others?

I say that, but I feel like I'm going to be outstanding for some reason. If PT to build a body is exercise, is golf leisure for you?

I've never thought of the two separately, but they're a little different. Golf empties my mind and in some ways, it's more stressful than weight training. Because I want to do well (smile. I don't have a desire to do well in weight training, so I don't get stressed. Instead, it's much harder while doing it. There is stress from wanting to be good at golf, but whether it's weight or golf, it's a kind of hobby that relieves stress and an indispensable factor for me.

Last year, I finished filming the movie The Point Men, and not long ago, I finished filming the movie Confidential Assignment: International. Now that you're out of the time of focusing on your work, what is your idea of taking the biggest place in Hyunbin's brain structure these days?

Originally, when I finished a work, I used to go abroad. There are many reasons to go out, but one of them is to empty your mind. It was used as a time to capture or listen to something different in the eyes and shake off the influence of the project that had been hanging until just before that while taking a break. However, I didn't go through the process while working on a few works, so I feel like I'm running without stepping on the brakes. It feels like it's not over even if it's over. The biggest concern these days is how to spend this period to help me in all aspects. I need a breakthrough, but I'm not sure what it will be yet.

The actor, who was interviewed a while ago, also said similar things with a similar expression. After the work, I feel like I'm coming to an end when I have to have a "end party" with all the staff, but I'm frustrated that I can't. I guess your routine is broken.

That's right. It's a must for an actor to wash the influence of his previous work and prepare to accept his next work. When the period and comma are unclear and greet the next work, a similar situation seems to continue to be extended. When given this time, I want to find a way to do something trivial or big, and start anew next time.

When you accept a new work and a new person, where and how do you start?

First of all, the environment of the character I will play stands out first in the scenario or script. Family characteristics, present and past jobs, etc. For example, in "Crash Landing on You", since you are a North Korean, you have to speak North Korean, and you have a past of being a pianist, so you have to be able to play the piano. Things to prepare for the role come out first in such a place. Next, we look at the relationship with the people around us. It draws out the necessary elements of the relationship again. After taking what you need to pack from what you see on the outside, you go into each situation little by little. Then, I can see what I need for each god and what I need to pull out.

"Crash Landing on You" gained popularity around the world through Netflix. In Japan, it has been at the top of the ratings for nearly a year, and not only in Asia but also in the United States and Europe received good responses. What kind of feedback did I get?

I'm just hearing about this and that. There are quite a few people from various countries. Oh, Henney (Daniel Henney), who filmed "Confidential Assingment: International" together this year, was also told that the drama was popular. Henney's American friends told me to come out and take a proof shot (smile).

Daniel Henney took a pictorial with W Korea while staying in Korea for a while to shoot the movie, and I also listened to the proof shot mission. There are also many YouTube videos in which people of various races gather to capture the reaction reaction of "Crash Landing on You".

From the time I read the script, I enjoyed the situation between North Koreans and the unit members, but on the other hand, I wondered if this would work for viewers from other countries. This is the point that North Korean language creates. I thought it would be fun without knowing it, but it didn't really matter if I didn't know. I think that point has come anew.

Did you feel that it was a work that had a strong impactful work?

I feel it. Because I became an ambassador for Loropiana (smile). OTT seems to have a significant influence because it allows people from various countries to see one work almost at the same time.

Since then, we have finished two movies, and it is not yet clear when they will be released, but we expect to meet in the near future. What's surprising is that director Lim Soon-rye filmed "Negotiation" in Jordan in the second half of last year.

I was very lucky. As far as I know, COVID-19 occurred while coordinating opinions with Jordan. The production will not stop, but Jordan location was originally the first, but the order has changed to digest domestic filming first. It entered on the premise that it strictly complies with the quarantine rules. The test was conducted every two weeks in Jordan, and the radius of activity was set when going outside. That's how I finished the location work over two months.

Only the story of "The Point Men" is known as "the story of a diplomat and a NIS agent struggling to save a Korean kidnapped in the Middle East." Director Lim Soon-rye once directed a follow-up play called "Reporter," but works such as "Little Forest," "Bounce to the South/남쪽으로 튀어," and "The Best Moment of Our Life/우리 생애 최고의 순간" come to mind first.

I also think the movie "The Point Men" is different from what director Lim has been telling so far. The director is calm, quiet, and has great charisma. While in charge of a large project called "The Point Men", he calmly listened to everyone's stories in the field. When I get to know her, I just get the feeling of being a "good person." I hope you do your best for animal relief activities. I'm also learning how to appear, but I'm very excited to see what the director's human tendencies and the story of "negotiation" will turn out when they meet.

What kind of experience was "Confidential Assignment: International"? The sequel would have been produced because "Confidential Assignment" was successful, but the work of the sequel or series would be either growing the brand of the work or undermining the glory of the previous work.

I also thought of that when the story of the second movie began to come out. First of all, if the scenario was less fun than the first one, there was no reason to do it again. I thought there was no need to do it if one cast member did not reappear. The subject matter of the story will change, and I think it is the beauty of the series that characters like the previous one show another fun while coping with the changed subject matter situation. It was much more fun than before while filming it. Personally, there were some difficulties.

What was hard? Because you have to use your body a lot?

No, that's what I already did, so I knew it from the beginning, so it was okay. However, there was a problem with the very "what I did." In the first episode, I created a character called Cheolryeong, a North Korean detective from a special elite unit, so I thought I would just put Cheolryeong in a different situation this time. I thought it would be easier and more comfortable. It was a misjudgment, but it wasn't it? Why didn't the character think to develop when he thought that the work should develop more than the previous one?

How can we develop the same character?

I had to quickly create something to add. As I said earlier, I just began to find positive elements among the characters related to my role and analyzing the situation in each scene. I looked for it with the thought of, "Since the class of Cheolryeong has risen from the previous one, there will be a change according to that point, what can change?" Like that, I found this and that and finished my acting safely (smile).

Is it the case that Hyunbin said the most lines in North Korean in the play among South Korean male actors?

Do you know that there are only two movies that I appeared as a North Korean? There are only "Crash Landing on You" and "Confidential Assignment".

Is that so? Even if you do the interview in North Korean, I don't think it will be awkward to talk.

Both of those works went well, so it will be imprinted that much. I was also told that I was an expert in the role of a chaebol. However, the works that came out as chaebols were "My Name is Kim Sam-soon" and "Secret Garden" a long time ago. I only did three romantic comedy genres (smile).

Among male actors in their 30s and older, I think there are only two people in Korea who pull off Rocco-daero and Action-like clothes, one of which is Hyunbin. Did it flow like choosing a genre if the image of romantic comedy seems to solidify?

There are no specific standards. I don't know how to express it. If you read the book you used to read again with various changes as you get older, doesn't it come to you differently? Even the same script or scenario reads completely differently depending on the age and situation and emotional state I see it in. It has been five years since I chose Secret Garden after not doing such a work for a while, starting with <My Name is Kim Sam-soon>. There are times when I suddenly crave works with a personality that I haven't done to some extent, and sometimes I choose when I'm influenced by social phenomena and have thoughts related to them in my head.

I also did a historical drama. Jeongjo of the movie "Fatal Encounter". I recite what you said in an interview with W Korea ahead of its release in spring 2014. When I was in my 20s, I thought I wanted to be in my 30s as soon as possible, but these days, I'm curious about my early 40s. Times are changing rapidly, and by that age, it is likely that they have undergone more changes than they did in their 20s or 30s. I wonder what kind of situation I will be. You may have a family or have a child.’

The last comment turned out to be wrong (smile). Of course, it remains the same to think that family is important.

The age they were curious about is approaching. So, what do you think of now?

It doesn't seem to be much different from the days when I said that.

What kind of pride and thirst does Hyunbin have?

Proudness is that you continue to work without a break. There is a sense of pride, saying, "My choices are not so wrong. If I say it's regrettable rather than thirst, on the other hand, I feel like I'm gradually disappearing.

What kind of feeling is that?

Isn't this job a job that requires intersection to continue? It's the intersection that is made when I meet what people want. It may be difficult to meet expectations by 100%, but it is still one of the jobs that meet the expectations. As a result, at some point, I thought, "Is this the real me? Maybe they misunderstood me as the real me who met people's expectations?" "I wonder if I'm being fooled by myself, too. I once asked who I was. It was kind of creepy then.

Hmm. When is it? Is there a time when you had that kind of question recently?

Of course, there is one in recent years ago. I ask such questions consistently. For a simple example, if I do an action, it becomes a reference point for the action that I can do. If the reference point is not reached the next time, a 'miss' occurs and something starts to go wrong. The same applies not only to action acting but also to all points. As experiences and works accumulate, the homework given to me increases, and at some point, I get confused as I think, "Where am I really?" every time I live at that level somehow.

It sounds like there are times when you are confused between yourself as a known being and yourself as a natural person, or between a public Hyun Bin and a private Hyun Bin.

It is linked to the story of the 'brain structure' mentioned earlier. My conclusion is that I have to fill the gap between my works with my personal life so that I can make less mistakes in people's expectations and reduce any gap I have in my own way. It can also be said that it is a matter of balance.

In order to satisfy people as actor Hyun Bin, Hyun Bin's time as a natural person must be satisfied in some wise way. Is it hard to get a little free from what you carry and strictness?

Since I have lived half of my life doing this, I cannot rule out work-related things. I try to fit in properly between the two. These days, I'm continuing to think about how to do it. I live by distinguishing between public and private matters a lot due to my tendency, but I also know that I cannot completely separate the two. I think the key is how to balance so that my job doesn't cover me up. On the contrary, I think it will eventually be helpful for acting if I know what kind of person I am and have time to satisfy my personal appearance.

What does the future look like?

Professionally, I hope that the passion for acting will not cool down as it is now. Personally, my job is not ordinary, but I still want to feel and enjoy some ordinary things. No one is intentionally restricting it, but there are restrictions that inevitably arise.

In order to enjoy a normal life, wouldn't it be helpful to show a comfortable private Hyunbin?

I don't know what it would be like to reveal my private self, saying, "This is what I look like," just as I reveal my acting in the work. Of course, there are parts that I use little by little in my usual appearance when I act. It is all possible through the work that someone knows that I exist and that there is someone who likes me. So I have to go back to them through the work.

What should we expect from Hyun Bin of "The Point Ment" and "Confidential Assignment: International" that will be released in the future?

Don't look forward to it and just stay. It's better not to expect something like that (smile)

• Love 1