Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

On the KOREAN ACTORS 200 online special web page, you can check out detailed introductions of each actor, photos of  the characteristics of the actor, and filmography videos of each actor. Every Monday, the exclusive images of 200 Korean film representatives will be released sequentially through the webpage.

Two photographers representing Korea, Kim Joong-man and Ahn Sung-jin, were in charge of filming characters that will delicately reveal the actor's personality. The ACTOR IS PRESENT, a book containing photos taken with their heart and soul, will be published in April and delivered to film officials around the world.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202103152000202906280_1

hb-kofic.jpg

the one starred is the official pic that was chosen

more Bodyluv pics

More CA 2 food trucks

• Like 1

*** According to the Korean news website Lovekpop95, there was a sighting that Hyun Bin is taking and treating Son Ye-jin at a traditional unidentified Korean restaurant last March 6th, and it was Saturday. There were photos, notes on what they saw, and even both autographs of the couple in the restaurant. The restaurant owner confirmed this. This has already circulated online. The autograph of the couple also included their well-wishes to this unidentified restaurant. I'm really happy that the two are going strong. :heart:

video source : http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/48535/20210317/insiders-hyun-bin-likes-bring-son-ye-jin-restaurants.htm

EVENT: Tweak my oppa! COMPETITION - Win prizes! :love:

Now you have a chance to show us your photo editing skills and promote your oppa or favorite drama!

Tweak a picture of your oppa, a drama poster and/or a picture we Event Organizers have picked out for you.

You don't have to be a master of photoshopping in order to participate. There are lots of free SW and apps available to edit pictures, even on your phone. So don't be shy! :kiss_wink:

We have great prizes for the winners! :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Wiggle 1

Hong Seok-cheon "Recommend actors to Hyun Bin, Kim Woo-bin, and Hwang In-yeop" (Korean Foreigners)

0001279307_001_20210324155716952.jpg?type=w430

Hong Seok-cheon, a broadcaster, appeared on "Korean Foreigners" and heralded the next Hallyu star.

MBC Everyone's "Korea Foreigner," which will air on the 24th, will feature Hong Seok-cheon, Jung Tae-woo, actor Hee, and daily deputy team leader Yang Joon-il, who are united with the play "Special Lier."

Hong Seok-cheon, who has successfully established himself in both the entertainment and restaurant industries and has a unique sense, said, "If I take a picture, it works well." When MC Kim Yong-man asked, "What kind of people are there?" Hong Seok-cheon said, "Hyun Bin and I performed together in high school. "I advised him to act at that time, and he went to the department of theater and film, and now he is successful," he said, surprising people by revealing his past relationship with Hyun Bin.

Hong Seok-cheon then said, "I also recommended Kim Woo-bin to be an actor when he was working as a model.Since then, she has transformed into an actor and became a Hallyu star. Hwang In-yeop also recommended acting rather than modeling, and his acting teacher introduced him to him. At that time, he learned acting and entered the agency and became Hwang In-yeop, and everyone had no choice but to admit Hong Seok-cheon's eye.

Hong Seok-cheon, who said there is a next-generation star in the idol world, said, "I have a friend who is watching these days. It is Hur Chan of VICTON. I see a smile, voice, and eyes. He's a friend with the triple beat.It should be postponed, he said, drawing keen attention.

"Korean Foreigners" will air at 8:30 pm on the 24th.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/311/0001279307

Then and now: How K-drama's biggest leading men like Hyun Bin, Gong Yoo, Ju Ji-hoon were like

hyunbin-thenandnow.jpg?itok=mQhWqrS0

Who are we talking about? Well, only some of the biggest K-drama stars! So join us as we take a walk down memory lane to see how our favourite South Korean actors have aged over the years. 

Hyun Bin, 38

• My Lovely Sam-soon (2005)

This wasn't his debut project but Hyun Bin rose to fame after his turn as Hyun Jin-heon (owner of an upscale French restaurant) in the romantic comedy series My Lovely Sam-soon. He even shared scenes with another Korean heart-throb Daniel Henney. The only issue is his terrible haircut, but fortunately, that has been rectified by the time he plays a North Korean army captain in...

• Crash Landing on You (2019)

Safe to say, Hyun Bin sports a more mature look here — being 15 years older tends to do that too but time has been very kind to him — as a dashing military captain. He has captured the hearts of audiences around the world, including his co-star Son Ye-jin. It's not surprising though, considering that he plays a charming character with a gentle side underneath his stoic facade.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/then-and-now-how-k-dramas-biggest-leading-men-hyun-bin-gong-yoo-ju-ji-hoon-were

*** In the latest edition of Dear Oppa, Lubaina Bandukwala from India dedicates her sweet letter to Hyun Bin. Read her letter below.  :crymeme:  :heart:

dear_oppa_hyun_bin_2.jpg?itok=o0YHME5X&w

Dear Oppa (Hyun Bin)

In common with thousands of viewers around the world, I too found much joy in Crash Landing on You during the pandemic. The idea that love trumps politics is a message that is so relevant and hopeful in these unusual times. You showed your love in so many heart-stopping ways. But the ones that stayed with me the most are the ones in which food was an expression of love.

Food and everything it represents – warmth, hospitality, sustenance – is an integral part of our culture here in India. I too love to cook and feed my family and friends. I serve food as an expression of my love, as an offer of comfort, and often as a celebration of life’s joyous moments.

And so, I really loved the "Food" scenes in CLOY. The way you painstakingly made the noodles for Yoon Seri, even meticulously garnishing them, was mesmerizing to see. It was a beautiful reflection of your character’s caring nature and aesthetics as an artist. The satisfaction on your face when Seri loved the coffee that you worked so hard to get and make is something only someone who cooks with love can understand. All of these were not just beautifully written scenes, but you breathed life in them in such an authentic way. And of course, apart from the emotional connect, you have made me a big fan of Korean food!

Oppa, do you cook for your loved ones like that in real life too? If so, they are truly lucky. Thank you for this beautiful introduction to Korean food and I hope your table is always loaded with food to be enjoyed with people you love.

Warm regards
Lubaina Bandukwala
A fan from India

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-oppa-fan-india-reveals-hyun-bins-crash-landing-you-performance-made-her-big-korean-food-fan-668473

• Love 1

Crash Landing on You musical in 2022

spacer.png

According to Pop Music on the 29th, the drama "Crash Landing on You" will be reborn as a musical in 2022 and will visit the audience.

The drama "Crash Landing on You"" is a drama about the absolute secret love story of Yoon Se-ri, a chaebol heiress who crashed into North Korea in a paragliding accident with a gust of wind, and Ri Jeong Hyeuk  an officer who hides and loves her, achieving an average of 21.7 percent and 24.1 percent on February 16, 2020.

In particular, it is still gaining huge popularity and attention, as it has been released worldwide through Netflix and has caused the fourth Korean Wave boom in Japan.

The production company Pop Music Co., Ltd. and T2N Media Co., Ltd. have completed a global copyright contract with Studio Dragon, and plan to continue the performance starting in Seoul in mid 2022.

"We have completed a copyright contract with Studio Dragon and will start selecting and casting major staff," said Kim Jin-seok, CEO of Pop Music, a production company. "We will do our best to make it a good work." In particular, the recognition of the source IP is so great that many actors and overseas production companies are already inquiring about it."

http://m.slist.kr/news/ampArticleView.html?idxno=238123&idxno=238123&__twitter_impression=true

8 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

Crash Landing on You musical in 2022

According to Pop Music on the 29th, the drama "Crash Landing on You" will be reborn as a musical in 2022 and will visit the audience.

The drama "Crash Landing on You"" is a drama about the absolute secret love story of Yoon Se-ri, a chaebol heiress who crashed into North Korea in a paragliding accident with a gust of wind, and Ri Jeong Hyeuk  an officer who hides and loves her, achieving an average of 21.7 percent and 24.1 percent on February 16, 2020.

In particular, it is still gaining huge popularity and attention, as it has been released worldwide through Netflix and has caused the fourth Korean Wave boom in Japan.

The production company Pop Music Co., Ltd. and T2N Media Co., Ltd. have completed a global copyright contract with Studio Dragon, and plan to continue the performance starting in Seoul in mid 2022.

"We have completed a copyright contract with Studio Dragon and will start selecting and casting major staff," said Kim Jin-seok, CEO of Pop Music, a production company. "We will do our best to make it a good work." In particular, the recognition of the source IP is so great that many actors and overseas production companies are already inquiring about it."

http://m.slist.kr/news/ampArticleView.html?idxno=238123&idxno=238123&__twitter_impression=true

@ElectricHearts, thanks for sharing this. This news is amazing, though I didn't expect that this drama will go this far due to its popularity globally. Well deserved. I'm excited who will be part of the cast. No HB??? :crymeme:

7 hours ago, willenette said:

@ElectricHearts, thanks for sharing this. This news is amazing, though I didn't expect that this drama will go this far due to its popularity globally. Well deserved. I'm excited who will be part of the cast. No HB??? 

]It's a musical. So you need musically trained actors. Even though most of the support cast do theatre-musicals, Kim Sun Young, Yang Kyung Won (also in a play right now), Oh Man Seok. 

I thought Cho Seung Woo could do it too. Since he was part of Jekyll and Hyde musical for many years,. His vocal range.. 

Confidential Assignment 2 casting update:

Lee Seong Hoon joins cast. Part of his agency's announcement related to his character:

Lee Seung-hoon will play Oh Duk, a police officer in the cyber investigation unit who was specially recruited as a drone, and will work with Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae-jin. As a result, there is a growing curiosity about how Lee Seung-hoon will portray the Oh Deok character who participated in the dizzying cooperation between the two Koreas and the US

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202103310100240090015606&servicedate=20210331

On 3/29/2021 at 11:54 PM, ElectricHearts said:

]It's a musical. So you need musically trained actors. Even though most of the support cast do theatre-musicals, Kim Sun Young, Yang Kyung Won (also in a play right now), Oh Man Seok. 

I thought Cho Seung Woo could do it too. Since he was part of Jekyll and Hyde musical for many years,. His vocal range.. 

@ElectricHearts, looking forward for performances starting in Seoul in mid-next year. I'm sure they will create a good project that as good as the drama. :grin:

K-drama Crash Landing On You is set to have a musical

20213103_crashlanding.jpg?itok=5oqchaAw

Can't get over the love story of North Korean captain Ri Jeong-hyuk (Hyun Bin) and South Korean heiress and businesswoman Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin) of hit South Korean drama Crash Landing On You?

One of Netflix's most viewed shows in 2020, it's now getting a reprise in the form of a musical.

The story is centred around protagonist Yoon Se-ri, who is forced to make an emergency landing in North Korea after a paragliding mishap.

There, she meets elite North Korean soldier Ri Jyeong-hyuk, who goes to lengths to hide and help her return to South Korea in spite of the dangers - but not before falling in love.

According to Korean entertainment website Soompi, production company Pop Music revealed on March 29 that the K-drama will be adapted into a musical by 2022.

Sources from Pop Music and T2N Media revealed that the production companies have signed global publication rights with South Korean drama production company Studio Dragon, and have slated performances to be carried out in Seoul by mid-2022.

Kim Jin Seok, CEO of Pop Music says, "We concluded the deal for publication rights with Studio Dragon, and we plan to start choosing the main staff and begin casting. We will do our best to create a good project. In particular, since it's a project in which the fame of the source IP (intellectual property) is very large, we've already received inquiries from many actors and foreign production companies."

credit : https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/k-drama-crash-landing-you-set-have-musical