Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

Still can't contain my happiness. I dont know if I can sleep. But seeing our HB airport vids and pics and especially our send off gift to him received by no less than HB himself...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

He has left for Jordan! Safe travels! He is so tanned. Even has a mustache for his role now

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/421/0004749967

Too many airport pics. Here is an account where you can find more later

Daaang he’s so frikken HOTTTT it’s almost illegal. :P

Any one else laughing over HB going the wrong way after the temperature check? Lmao. Reminds me of CLOY BTS where he always seemed to be taking the wrong direction when walking out of a scene. Hahahaha 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

Yea I thought the same too. How is he going the wrong way again lol

A couple more

@ElectricHearts, thanks for sharing the videos.  Was he leaving for Jordan?  Sigh...........it's really very hard to travel right now because of this pandemic. I'm sure when they arrive in Jordan they will undergo inspections in accordance with local quarantine procedures and IDK if he'll be required to self-isolation prior filming. I wonder when he'll be back to Seoul, though. I hope HB & the cast will return safely from filming. Also, I hope filming will be smooth. :blush:

Hyun Bin heads to Jordan to film 'Negotiations' amid pandemic

optimize

By Dong Sun-hwa

Actor Hyun Bin headed to Jordan Monday morning to film the thriller "Negotiations" amid the COVID-19 pandemic. "Negotiations" is the first Korean flick to start overseas shooting following the virus outbreak that has deterred international travel.

Hyun Bin and other actors, including Hwang Jung-min, took a charter flight from Incheon International Airport. After they arrive in Jordan, they will go through COVID-19 checks and then self-isolate for eight days in before they start filming.

The exact date of their return is unknown, but the Jordanian government reportedly allowed two months for the shoot.

Crew members initially planned to visit the Middle East country for filming in March, but had to put off the plan when Jordan banned the Koreans due to a spike in confirmed virus cases.

The movie revolves around a National Intelligence Service agent (Hyun Bin) and a diplomat (Hwang) trying to arrange the release of Koreans kidnapped in the Middle East. Yim Soon-rye ― who was behind the success of popular movies including "Little Forest" (2018) ― directs the star-studded production.

With "Negotiations" leading the way, more Korean films are expected to start or resume overseas shooting.

Hyun Bin, whose real name is Kim Tae-pyung, debuted in 2003 in the drama "Bodyguard" and was catapulted to fame after starring in the TV series "My Name is Kim Sam-soon" in 2005. He recently appeared in another hit drama "Crash Landing on You" with actress Son Ye-jin.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/07/689_292748.html

• Like 1

Lurked thru the IG stories of Bashar Al Borini, the Kpop Ambassador which Vast contacted,  earlier today. He confirmed that Hyun Bin and entourage arrived earlier today at dawn. He described Hyun Bin as Tall, good looking and, beautiful man. Bashar was in shock he spoke in Arabic, though he knows how to speak korean. He also mentioned HB is staying in one of the Amman Hotels, but can't disclose which, for privacy issues. He said he will visit him everyday and take a lot of pictures, but cant post, again coz he's not allowed. The Bargaining peeps are not allowed I think to leave until a certain number of days. Bashar also said he would bring him Jordanian food (mansaf). 

I asked someone from Jordan to translate by the way.  

If someone here can translate better that would help.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCloPxxAn2D/?igshid=x9ppbyxhh9yc

• Like 2

8 hours ago, willenette said:

*** I'm confused isn't it HB movie before with SYJ was titled "Negotiation'? Is he doing the same name of a movie? I know it was titled "Bargaining" then. I hope they're going to use this name.  :blush:

lol it basically different in hangul but it has the same meaning :P Whether they officially go by Bargaining or Negotiation in English is in the air lol. Yea he left for Jordan. possibly there for 2-3 months. I am hoping it is just 2 months. I don't think they should stay there longer in September as covid could get worst then.

• Love 1

Hello Hyun Bin fans! 

If anyone's interested in reading a 20-page dissertation on CLOY :D 

https://apjjf.org/2020/12/EpsteinGreen.html

The trend, however, draws on a paradox: North Korean fictional males become appealing not only because they are depicted as maintaining a dashing ideal masculinity, but because they are actualised by performance and embodiment from favoured Southern celebrities. To be sure, much of the buzz that accompanied Crash Landing arose from the casting of Hyun Bin, who had starred in not only My Lovely Sam-soon, Secret Garden and Memories of the Alhambra, three of South Korea’s most successful dramas, but also 2017’s Confidential Assignment (Gongjo) as the North Korean head of an investigative team.

Some interesting tidbits here but this is the first time I’m reading that Hyun Bin was not the first choice for Captain Ri. I don’t think this is true. :blink:

https://peopleasia.ph/pinoy-fans-vital-contribution-in-oppa-hyun-bins-quest-for-world-domination/

Pinoy fans’ vital contribution to oppa Hyun Bin’s quest for world domination

What is Binnie looking for in a girl? What did his parents, especially his dad, who once chased him with a baseball bat for disobedience, want him to become before he got bitten by the acting bug? At what age does he see himself getting married? Find out the answers to all these and more, as a US-based Filipino K-drama fan and Hyun Bin diehard, seemingly possessed with the intensity and resourcefulness of a spy venturing beyond the 38th parallel, did a bit of juicy spadework to give you the inside skinny on one of the hottest actors on the planet ATM.

By RUBY ADONAY-CLEMMONS

Addictive and fun, Korean drama or K-drama shows are like a balm to my body-mind aches caused by these rather long months of hunkering down.

It’s White Flower, Salonpas, Tiger Balm, Vicks, lavender oil and Jo Malone rolled into one. A most welcome salve to a rather wounded lull time on a quarantine day. It gets my full attention that even the much-admired Coumo brothers’ (that’s New York Gov. Andrew and baby bro and CNN journalist Chris) love fest on CNN had a hard time competing against.

100790142_576404029960958_29957862206356The first in his family to go into show business, Hyun Bin’s comes from a long line of lawyers.

The man of the hour

But let’s talk about the very reason for all this excitement, the man of the hour, the captain himself who has captured so many hearts across the globe, Hyun Bin.

A female friend, nonplussed about the whole Captain Ri phenomenon commented:  “He is very intriguing, but I wonder what he’s really like in real life?”

Not much is known about HB’s current personal life or his off-camera ways since he does not use social media. He guards his privacy with precision that anything official about him is released through Vast Entertainment & Media, a company that he founded with his former manager. From the company’s official website here’s what we know:

Fast Facts:

O Age 37 (born on Sept. 25, 1982, Libra, born in the year of the dog).

O He stands around 6’1”, weighs about 163 lbs. and his blood is type is B.

O He loves swimming, basketball, baseball, snowboarding, golf, and photography.

O He’s the younger of two boys and attended the Juilliard of Korea, Chung-Ang, a private, highly-selective research university where he tucked in both undergrad  and master’s degrees in film and theater (the same institution that produced A-list Korean actors Lee Byung Hun, Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye, among other big names).

O The website also lists him as having made 11 movies since starting his entertainment career in 2003. He won seven awards, including the grand prize in the TV category at the 47th Baeksang Arts Award (South Korea’s version of the Oscar’s) for Secret Garden.

O We also found out that he has made lots of endorsements for products ranging from food, beverage, clothing, cosmetics to home appliances and cars.

I wanted more info, so to satisfy my (and my friend’s) curiosity, I moved to Instagram and tapped on the expertise of the HB superfans, the purveyors of the latest, juiciest HB news on the planet. They do deep vibes, they search for clues, they read message boards, they leave no stones unturned and in the end they write dissertation-like analysis. Above all, they write wonderful, elaborate “what happens next” scenarios involving Se-ri and Capt. Ri.  Thus, in one all-night trawling I got to know Hyun Bin in an exciting light, but first things first –here’s a spoiler: the guy walks on water.

On his  Captain Ri role: Hyun Bin (Kim Tae Pyung in real life) was not the original choice for the role of the North Korean special forces captain. In fact, he was not even the second or third choice, but the sixth! The role was first offered to actor Nam Goong Min, who declined because he was busy filming another project. It was then offered to Jo In Sung, who also said no because he was preoccupied with some personal affairs. Next to decline was Park Hae Jin because he wanted to have a relaxing schedule. Lee Seung Gi read the script, got interested and auditioned for the role, but changed his mind after he was selected for the series, “Vagabond.” Ji Chang Wook was also approached for the role, but was not interested. 

On his family: Hyun Bin  (or Binnie to his family) comes from a pretty conservative and moneyed family that has produced a long line of lawyers. He went against his father’s wishes by dabbling into theater while in high school and got chased by the latter with a baseball bat. In due time, however, Mr. Kim allowed his youngest son to follow his star on one condition– if he could get into Chung-Ang University, the nation’s top school for theater studies. And HB did! He got into the undergraduate program due to the strength of his high school grades and later on, to the graduate program not on special terms accorded to stars that were already establishing their names, but because his college transcript was strong.

101342366_1155918258105997_2551465849500He may seem like the average Korean boy next door, but Hyun Bin and his family are loaded, reportedly paying $10 million upfront to acquire a six-story mixed-use building in the heart of Seoul’s posh Gangnam District.

On his investments: HB and his family invested in an expensive real estate property in the Gangnam District of Seoul and developed it into a seven-storey, mixed use building, with Vast Entertainment occupying three of top floors. The family reportedly paid $10 million for the property in, get a load of this, cash. The negotiation happened around the time HB was coming back after a two-year service in the Marines.

101330749_242113523749526_73021105053829
101663210_1470916719785273_7893320785266
101004348_287866405579317_41933514664480
101350600_1142255542806325_5619856692683The seven-story 925 Building in Seoul’s Gangnam District owned by Hyun Bin’s family. The 1,592-square meter modern edifice designed by JHW Iroje Architects and Planners was built in 2015. It is believed that the building is named after the actor’s birthday, 9-25 ( Sept. 25) (Photos by Kim Youngkwan cribbed from archdaily.com)

On his generosity: Stories also abound about how HB quietly donated 200 million won (P8.5 million) to the Korean Community Chest to help fight COVID-19 in South Korea during the early stages of the crisis. His charity work was only found out when someone in the organization leaked the information to the public.

Another account of HB’s generous heart was from a co-star, who said that he was just starting in the business when he found himself going to a wake with HB.

“When we got to the place I stayed back outside because I was embarrassed. I had no money and did not have an envelope to give to the family of the deceased. I was just there outside, waiting patiently. After a few minutes, however, HB came out and gave me an envelope with money inside so I could come in and condole.” 

The same actor also said that since he was new, he would call HB every night to ask for acting pointers. “He would take the calls and spend hours helping me. I only stopped calling him when the director found out and he chastised me for harassing the star of the movie,” he added in a video interview translated in English.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Hwang Jung-min, Hyun Bin Leave for Jordan to Shoot New Film

2020071401307_0.jpg

Actors Hwang Jung-min and Hyun Bin left for Jordan to shoot their new film.

"Negotiations," to be directed by Yim Soon-rye, was supposed to start shooting in March this year, but due to the coronavirus epidemic, it was postponed indefinitely.

Amid a gradual easing of the lockdown, they are now able to enter the Middle Eastern country.

The cast and crewmembers will get into shooting after quarantining themselves for a certain period there.

The film revolves around a diplomat and an intelligence agent who work together to rescue hostages kidnapped by terrorists in the Middle East.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

hlscience added this video back onto their youtube (not sure why it was deleted before)

they also added this:

@nodisplayname where did they get that info about captain ri? I don't think it is correct lol

It doesn't look like it is true at all Vagabond was filmed in June 2018 and we know Binnie is super busy in 2018. Apparently for CLOY, they were only given scripts of NK scenes in the first 7 episodes and writer Park had personally written YSR and RJH storylines to base it more on HB and SYJ. 

• Like 1

Some of my Jordanian friends said the photo was taken by Film Jordan in the vicinity of Abdali blvd. I checked the area, indeed a lovely place. They maybe staying in a hotel nearby as well.

Since i'm missing Bin, i'm chatting with my Jordanian friends. Though everything is strict, thats why they are being careful also.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCnlVJTgKEa/?igshid=jwi5pepnxlq6

Edited by Sushimi
Mod edit: No IG Embedding allowed
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

@nodisplayname where did they get that info about captain ri? I don't think it is correct lol

It doesn't look like it is true at all Vagabond was filmed in June 2018 and we know Binnie is super busy in 2018. Apparently for CLOY, they were only given scripts of NK scenes in the first 7 episodes and writer Park had personally written YSR and RJH storylines to base it more on HB and SYJ. 

Yeah, that came out of nowhere. This says the writer contacted Hyun Bin Mar 2019 

Hyun Bin In Contact With “The Legend Of The Blue Sea” Writer Regarding Potential New Drama

Mar 8, 2019
by J. Lim

An amazing collaboration may soon be on the way!

On March 8, it was reported that Hyun Bin is in talks to meet with screenwriter Park Ji Eun. The screenwriter is responsible for many hits like “Queen of Housewives, “Queen of Reversals,” “My Love From The Star,” “The Producers,” and “The Legend of the Blue Sea.” She has worked with some of Korea’s biggest stars in the past like Jun Ji Hyun, Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho, and Kim Nam Joo.

A source representing the screenwriter stated, “We don’t have any details to share yet, but it is true that we contacted Hyun Bin to check his schedule.” Hyun Bin’s agency VAST Entertainment also confirmed that the two sides had talked about the actor’s schedule but added, “However, we haven’t met to discuss anything yet.”

The screenwriter is currently working on a new drama that is set to air in the second half of the year. As of now, everything from the title to the genre and storyline are all being kept under wraps, but it appears that Park Ji Eun may be eyeing Hyun Bin for the leading role.

Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1308738wpp/hyun-bin-in-contact-with-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-writer-regarding-potential-new-drama

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5+ K-Dramas That Had To Halt Filming Due To Unexpected Situations

While most K-Dramas usually have little issues when filming the show from beginning to end, there have been some that ran into unexpected issues, to the point where they had put a halt to filming. Here’s a list of a few K-Dramas that ran into this situation.

6. Crash Landing On You

Crash Landing On You once took a short break from filming due to cold weather conditions. The producers felt the weather conditions were unsafe, so they took a short hiatus from filming.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/5-k-dramas-halt-filming-due-unexpected-situations/

• Like 1

Hyun Bin and Hwang Jung Min Fly to Jordan to Film Action Movie "Bargaining"

hyun-bin-and-hwang-jung-min-fly-to-jorda

Early this year, actor Hyun Bin confirmed that he accepted the lead role for the upcoming film "Bargaining." Together with actor Hwang Jung Min, they depart for Jordan to start the new film.

"Bargaining" is the first Korean film that commences shooting abroad amid a pandemic. It revolves around a story of a kidnapping that takes place in the Middle East.

It's a big movie since the story tells about rescuing 23 kidnapping victims. It is based on a true story that occurred in 2007, wherein several South Korean citizens were reported to have been captured by the Taliban. The abuction took place in a public bus as the group travel in the Ghazni Province to Kandahar to Kabul and then was held hostage. They were captured in exchange for 23 Taliban prisoners to be released.

The actors and the film production team set at the Incheon International Airport and left for Jordan on July 13. Middle east is still undergoing border procedures following their health and safety procedures against COVID-19. The actors and the team will experience local quarantine procedures when they arrive. All of them will immediately begin self-isolation and then proceed in the filming as scheduled.

The film was put on halt due to the unexpected spread of COVID-19 around the world. The schedule should have started March 2020 shooting and prepare for the team production to depart. Although the team continued their discussion. Finally, after months of waiting the Jordan government-issued permits to enter the country and all necessary documents for a film location.

Megabox Plus M responsible as the distributor of the said movie commented, "'Bargaining' is based on film and focuses on filming in Jordan as part of the real story where it happened. The team production and the actors return to Korea will depend on the situation of the site. But we ensure the cast and crew will return safely from filming."

This is Hyun Bin's next big project after the hit drama series "Crash Landing On You." In this new project, the actor will portray a different character that is entirely different from his last project. The director of the movie will be Im Soon Rye. She is known and praised as one of the few leading female auteurs of the Korean New Wave Cinema.

Actor Hwang Jung Min is one of the highest-grossing actors in South Korea. He appeared in various box office hits like "Ode To My Father," "Veteran," and many others.

Since his debut, he made over 40+ films and still counting.

After 8 years in hiatus, Hwang Jung Min returns onscreen with Hyun Bin so this is something big to look forward to. The other cast is not yet announced and we can't wait to know who will be on the list. 

source : Kdramastars

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118392/20200713/hyun-bin-hwang-jung-min-fly-jordan-film-action-movie.htm

• Like 2