Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gm4queen

Hyun Bin 현빈 "Shining Brightly"

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004171458

Due to Jordan’s entry ban of South Koreans because of the COVID-19 virus, there’s a possibility that the commencement of shooting for Bargaining, originally scheduled for end March, might be delayed. However, at the moment, the production crew is still confident that this would not unduly disrupt the movie’s schedule. 

MoV3UQ1.jpg

• Like 1

I'm almost certain one of you chingus must've posted it here awhile back but just came across this YT vid of him and he was already cute/handsome while growing up - gifted with talent, beauty, etc...! Enjoy!

cr: Stars Kdrama

Woah i love this song from him, such a nice voice! :):heart:

cr: Christian Sanchez

• Love 1

*** This also explains how the ratings for "Crash Landing On You" is high.  They are both professionals that act extremely well together! I also just want to say that both the second leads, Kim Jung Hyun and Seo Ji Hye, gave stellar performances. Loved the storyline. Such a great drama and a top class cast. And that is what we call a great chemistry! Gorgeous cinematography too! :lol:

Kim Jung Hyun Talks About Hyun Bin + Son Ye Jin’s Dating Rumors And Chemistry In “Crash Landing On You”

df395afd8d414a77b7571ac0fbe4cb65.jpeg?s=

Kim Jung Hyun has shared his thoughts on the on-screen chemistry between his “Crash Landing on You” co-stars Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin!

The two actors, who previously starred together in the film “The Negotiation,” were swept up in dating rumors multiple times last year—and Hyun Bin’s agency recently denied rumors of their romantic involvement a third time, after a fan suggested that the two appeared to be holding hands in behind-the-scenes footage from the filming of “Crash Landing on You.”

In an interview with Korean news outlet Segye Ilbo, Kim Jung Hyun praised the professionalism of his two co-stars, explaining that their intense romantic chemistry in the drama—which has led to legions of fans hoping that life will imitate art—was the product of their acting skills.

“When they were rehearsing, there weren’t any of the rosy, romantic vibes that the media talked about in articles [about their dating rumors],” he shared. “But as soon as the cameras began rolling, they would gaze at each other lovingly, with honey dripping from their eyes. When I saw that, I thought they were really cool.”

“It made me think that I was working together with really amazing senior actors,” he continued. “They were cool to the extent that I thought, ‘This must be what a real professional looks like.'”

Hyun-Bin-Son-Ye-Jin4.jpg

Kim Jung Hyun went on to enthuse, “Both Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin look really cool when they’re acting. They were very active in terms of coming up with ideas, and they spoke everything that was on their mind. Even though I was standing beside them as a junior actor, they treated me as a same-level colleague. They made it possible for me to act comfortably.”

The actor also spoke highly of his co-star Seo Ji Hye, commenting, “Seo Ji Hye helped me a lot so that I could act act comfortably.

When I first saw her, I thought that she looked very cold and untalkative, but she was so nice to me that it made it easy for me to prepare for my scenes.”

“During rehearsals, she would share her opinions with me, and she was also great at listening to my own ideas,” he recalled. “So there weren’t any difficulties in working together on scenes.”

“Crash Landing on You” aired its final episode on February 16, setting a new record for the highest viewership ratings in tvN history.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 4
  • Love 1

*** Netflix has recently confirmed that the drama "Crash Landing On You" enjoys strong popularity in international markets. They had been releasing new episodes of the drama in one hundred and ninety countries. European and the Japanese markets received new drama episodes the fastest. But, it performed best in Southeast Asia, particularly Taiwan, and South America. The drama's distinctive Korean setting of the Demilitarized Zone has been a source of major interest, too. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/24/2020 at 12:44 AM, sussieh said:

I totally second you! :wub: 
He has this gentleman aura that catch you, plus he is really talented (many abilities!) 

Ohh I still remember that 2 yrs hiatus too...  I was really really sad :tears: . And that December 6 I was a very very happy fan, with true tears in my eyes watching his comeback speech video.  

He has captured my heart since Kim Sam Soon till now. Even if he re-appears on screen for a long time once again, he will always be capturing all the attentions to the world, he just has this ability. 

I guess during that time, we were all waiting for him to come back and emotions ran for us and him as well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

iYeKOlN.jpg

gkrQTVy.jpg

orQZPDy.jpg

uAqeyrc.jpg

Spoiler

Y66CEMk.jpg

YZhpP8J.jpg

The TV shows actors’ brand evaluation in February 2020 shows that Hyun Bin ranks first for brand reputation power.

According to the Korean Enterprise Brand Research Institute, from January 27, 2020 to February 28, 2020, the brand big data of 50 actors was measured by 132,857,415 consumers' brand participation in terms of media volume, communication volume and community communication, based on quantitative measurement and indexed by their brand index algorithm. February saw an increase of 22.22% (from 108,665,572) in  consumers’ participation compared to January 2020 and the brand data shows Hyun Bin at No.1 (for both January and February 2020).

TV show actor brand evaluation analysis uses the participation index, media index, communication index, and community index to analyze brand data.  Brand reputation index is an index that extracts data from brands and analyzes consumer behavior using reputation analysis algorithms, which are divided into participation value, communication value, media value, community value, social value, and the right to re-value.  Brand big data analysis can measure the affirmation of the brand, the source and attention of the media, the amount of consumer attention and communication, the community communication of hot topics, the response to the content and popularity.

Hyun Bin’s brand participation index comprises 4,293,765 media index 2,732,436 communication index 2,558,880 community index 1,781,175; total: 11,366,256.

@sillygal Your post made me go down memory lane haha..good old memories..these memories are forever etched in my fangirl’s journey. To me, Hyun Bin is unparalleled in terms of his handsomeness, his unique combination of gentlemanly mannerisms + manly charisma + adorable boyishness (from his natural shyness/reservedness) and his talented versatile acting prowess. Unlike other K actors, he is the only one that makes me love every single one of his drama characters as if they are real life characters, despite most of them being rather unlovable characters (Ri Jeong Hyeok is about the only perfect character haha). In fact, the more unlovable they are, the more I love them. He has made all of his drama characters so different and so memorable. 

• Like 1

February Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

February Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between January 27 and February 28.

Hyun Bin topped the list for the second consecutive month, scoring a brand reputation index of 11,366,256 for February. High-ranking phrases in the actor’s keyword analysis included “Son Ye Jin,” “Crash Landing on You,” and “Bargaining,” while his highest-ranking related terms included “handsome,” “like,” and “love.” Hyun Bin’s positivity-negativity analysis also revealed a score of 76.50 percent positive reactions.

Park Seo Joon and Kim Da Mi, the stars of JTBC’s “Itaewon Class,” came in at second and third in the rankings respectively. Park Seo Joon scored a brand reputation index of 8,741,509 for February, while Kim Da Mi followed close behind with a total index of 8,733,643.

Check out this month’s top 30 below!

1. Hyun Bin
  2. Park Seo Joon
  3. Kim Da Mi
  4. Son Ye Jin
  5. Kwon Nara
  6. Kim Bo Ra
  7. Ahn Hyo Seop
  8. Seo Ji Hye
  9. Kim Jung Hyun
  10. Jo Byeong Gyu
  11. Lee Sung Kyung
  12. Namgoong Min
  13. Oh Min Seok
  14. Kim Hye Soo
  15. Han Suk Kyu
  16. Yoo Jae Myung
  17. Park Eun Bin
  18. So Ju Yeon
  19. Joo Ji Hoon
  20. Kim Joo Heon
  21. Kim Dong Hee
  22. 2PM’s Taecyeon
  23. Go Soo
  24. Lee Yeon Hee
  25. Lee Si Eon
  26. Shin Dong Wook
  27. Seo Hyun Jin
  28. Jin Se Yeon
  29. Oh Jung Se
  30. Lee Sung Min

Drama-Actor-Rankings.jpg

Source (1)

Top Left Photo Credit: Xportsnews

https://www.soompi.com/article/1385690wpp/february-drama-actor-brand-reputation-rankings-announced

On 2/19/2020 at 6:40 PM, KimSooHanMoo said:

There is one very good review/commentary written by Jung Si Woo, a Film Columnist about Hyun Bin as an actor in romance dramas.

http://m.ize.co.kr/view.html?no=2020021716057218325

I provide here my translation of that commentary. 

———————————————————————-

A look at Hyun Bin - A man who is like a lie! 

(the phrase which I have translated as “lie” is 후라이 (hu rai) Pyo Chil Su’s pet phrase) 

Y9fw9pc.png

This winter of 2019, with the arrival of "Crash Landing on You", actor Hyun Bin created another life-like character - Comrade Ri Jung Hyuk!

The TV series did end in a little bit of an underwhelming sort of way.  The tension accumulated until the middle of the drama was loosely dismantled, and the tangled contradictions were resolved with a sense of absurdity but with ease.  Not to mention that the man and woman in love would meet only once a year for two weeks. The open ending of them meeting each other at the bridge in Switzerland is ambiguous - though it isn’t a complete reunion, it is also not considered a "tragedy".  Maybe the writer wants us to believe that this is the best choice that can be found out of the reality of two countries that are split, but because it was a bright ending, it was also a little colourlesss.  Besides, hasn't writer Park Ji-eun used a similar type of ending of "long-distance love" for “You Who Come from the Stars"? Nevertheless, the "Crash Landing on You” still fully embodies this truth: that the success of a romance drama depends entirely on the main characters.  While SYJ’s charm is also dazzling, but the person I want to talk about here is the actor Hyun Bin.

The genre that shows off Hyun Bin's greatest strength is romance.  In this field, he has already experienced two peak moments. For most actors, it is difficult to experience a peak moment even once in a lifetime.  But for Hyun Bin, he has already experienced it twice. This was the case with "My name is Kim Sam Soon" which awakened the love cells of women, and caused them to harbor the desire to be Jeon Ji Hyun, or Kim Tae Hee. The same is the case for The Secret Garden.  Now, once again, Hyun Bin has attracted the audience to enter into the "Hyun Bin World" through the tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” which ended on February 16.

You might ask why is that so amazing? Let me tell you IT IS REALLY AMAZING.  This is because this art of seduction which can capture an unspecified number of minds at all age groups with his beautiful look and charms, is not an ability given to all. This is an area that even Song Kang-ho or Choi Min-sik, who have great achievements in their own careers in acting, have not experienced. It's not that so and so is better than so and so.  I want to say that every actor has his own unique talent/charisma in his own field. Here, I am talking about the attributes of one Star who has the ability to become the object of desires and daydreaming to the masses through his romance dramas.

However, Hyun Bin is nicknamed the "king of melodramas" not simply because he had three powerful turning points through romance dramas.  The nickname stems from his various styles in the theme of love.  When Hyun Bin made his debut appearance in the melodrama “Ireland” as the bodyguard Kang Gook, he used his infectious voice to convey the emotional lines created by writer In Jeong Ok in such a way that left behind a long aftertaste, displaying a power much unlike a newcomer.  His wife (Lee Na Young) fell in love with another man, and instead of being angry, he said, "It seems that he is smarter than me, that guy. I seem to be a bit inadequate."  Kang Gook, the fool in love who forcefully concealed his pain and continued to love persistently and unchangingly, will go on to become one of the characteristics often captured in Hyun Bin's acting in the future.

FIuHwBN.jpg

In the series “My Name is Kim Sam-soon," he revealed the face of Prince Charming, and in "The World They Live” which was a work by writer Noh Hee-kyung, he landed in the real world and so realistically and vividly portrayed Jeong Ji-oh who was "always cool but often nasty” that people have the illusion that Jeong Ji-oh (Hyun Bin) was really a living person outside of the drama. Whenever there is an opportunity to express feelings, there are always actors who use their tears as a starting point to show their emotions. Among such actors, Hyun Bin's naturally easy, unexaggerated acting with the right degree of emotions is quite new; in a movie like “I am very happy", which shows the daily mundane life, his real value in acting really comes out with even more dazzling results.  He is never exaggerated when playing as a romantic character.  Even when playing a playboy character, he didn’t portray merely a swoonsome figure. In the movie of the same name, which remade director Lee Man-hee's "Late Autumn” of 1966, he breathed life into the character by infusing details into the “playboy” man, Hun, who was a “very compassionate, deeply-thoughtful” man and who gave off feels of loneliness and cuteness at the same time. Therefore, Hyun Bin is a man who, while being Prince Charming in the fantasy world, at the same time, he is also an ordinary man who lives somewhere around us in this world. Few actors can skillfully coordinate between these two extreme charms as the foundation of romance melodramas the way Hyun Bin does.

It is for this reason that Hyun Bin is regarded as the most suitable actor for a TV series like "Crash Landing on You", which took the "fantasy-love" of a North Korean military officer and a South Korean chaebol into South Korea's most sensitive "reality". "Crash Landing on You" is by Park Ji-Eun who has authored "You Who Come from the Stars" that tells the love story between an alien and a top actress and "Legend of the Blue Sea", a work inspired by the legend of the mermaid. There is also fantasy in “Crash Landing on You” and that is the truce line that cuts the north from the south.  The main background is set in North Korea, a place located on the other side of the Republic of Korea, that is physically near, but psychologically farther away than Argentina - an unknown land.  But this world is not like the completely fantasy world of "You Who Come from the Stars" and "Legend of the Blue Sea".  Those kinds of fantasy space allows unlimited imagination but in this fantasy world, you are playing in a space that actually exists; so the fantasy in “Crash Landing on You” is different in nature. "Crash Landing on You" needs to be both powered by fantasy and yet, rooted in reality.  This is why Hyun Bin, who has the ability to travel freely between the two worlds, is perfect for this work.

In a way, the Ri Jung Hyuk we see in "Crash Landing on You" is an embodiment of all the roles that Hyun Bin has shown so far.  When hiding his love inside a cold, indifferent facade, Ri Jung Hyuk is Samshik in "My Name is Kim Sam Soon"; when he doesn’t know how to shake off his love and finds himself desperately committed to his beloved woman like a fool, he is Kang Gook in "Ireland"; when he uses the power he has by virtue of his birthright to protect his love, he displays the 2nd generation chaebol Kim Joo Won in "The Secret Garden"; when he dreams of spending a trivial day with his love, he becomes Ji-Oh in “World Within Us”. All in all, he is a man who is romantic but not cringe-worthy, honest but not boring, calm and yet, deep. The typical frame of the drama, in which the man protects the woman, could have been too old-fashioned, but thanks to Hyun Bin, we have a man with the delicate sensibilities that Hyun Bin has given him - a man who  transcends magic and exists like a lie. 

The actor, Hyun Bin, who has carved out extraordinary records in the melodrama genre, doesn't seem to have any intention to just remain in the melodrama genre. With his on-screen moves in recent years as a readable hint, showing his choices of action, crime and historical genres, Hyun Bin has quietly expanded his scope. Although there is currently no work that has fully shown his own strength and competence in the way romance melodramas have shown of him, which is a problem he needs to solve, but his determination and his vision to not only be a handsome actor is clear.  Therefore, people are even more curious what action this man who is like a lie will show in the future.

Written by 

정시우 Jung Si-woo (Columnist, Film Journalist)

Please note that the original version in Korean shall prevail. My translation is only a translation for reference only.  

——————————————————————-

PS: I am eagerly awaiting his new movie, Bargaining. 

@willenette I just want to let you know that his agency has strongly refuted that he was holding her hands in that picture. There was an OSEN report that came out yesterday that reported this :

“Someone who is close to Hyun Bin said this to OSEN, “Hyun Bin is very distressed by these dating rumors that have cropped up time and again. It is understandable that many people, after seeing their great chemistry in the drama, want them to date in real life but the truth is, they were never lovers in the past and at present, they are also not lovers.”

My impression from what I have read in Korean is that the denial is categorical. So yes, I think that as fans of Hyun Bin, we should take at face value what has been stated to be his stand on this. They have not been dating and are presently not dating partners as well. I for one, won’t want to add to his “distress” at all. Like many, I had also thought they might be dating too and was also hoping that they are since they look so good together. But after reading the reports that have come out yesterday and the day before (I can’t remember if the hot news was over 2 days or just 1 day haha), I realized I was wrong. Also, we have his past practice of openly and coolly admitting to his relationships. So yes, there is no reason to go behind what has been stated. I will trust him and support all his choices. I want to remain a “career fan” that supports him in all his projects and not be overly concerned about his private life except when it is necessary to protect his reputation against malicious rumors :blush:

hello my friend, i have read your post carefully, but i can not find any information or rumor about what you said that Bin oppa ''is very distressed by these dating rumors that have cropped up time and again. It is understandable that many people, after seeing their great chemistry in the drama, want them to date in real life but the truth is, they were never lovers in the past and at present, they are also not lovers''. I search on Naver, Osen, Soompi, Yonhap, Twitter, Weibo.... but i can''t find it. Can you show me some evidence about what you said. Cause I know Hyun Bin and Ye Jin sis is very quietly after CLOY and everyone can make a harm rumor for them:)

• Love 1

10 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

@sillygal Your post made me go down memory lane haha..good old memories..these memories are forever etched in my fangirl’s journey. To me, Hyun Bin is unparalleled in terms of his handsomeness, his unique combination of gentlemanly mannerisms + manly charisma + adorable boyishness (from his natural shyness/reservedness) and his talented versatile acting prowess. Unlike other K actors, he is the only one that makes me love every single one of his drama characters as if they are real life characters, despite most of them being rather unlovable characters (Ri Jeong Hyeok is about the only perfect character haha). In fact, the more unlovable they are, the more I love them. He has made all of his drama characters so different and so memorable. 

Despite Hyun Bin disappeared in my mind for quite some time, somehow whenever he appears once again, he captured all my attention and that's how I knew that this great guy has always been on my mind somewhere. It's really good old memories, I was looking through some photos lately and found one of Hyun Bin's photo when I went for his fan meeting 7 years ago, and my mind got attached to all the memories back. 

I've wanted to watch all of his work but I've always wanted a happy ending for him, just because I can't bear to see him without happy ending. He's definitely the actor/guy whom will always leave the most memorable impressions to us which I will always remember for a lifetime. And with him in CLOY, it definitely left me real hard withdrawal symptoms and thankful for this drama that made me back on track to where he is right now, and made me felt like I am back to all my memories again. 

I have not watch 'Hyde Jekyll Me' yet. I remember this was his very first comeback drama after he's back from army discharge. I guess I should start watching this soon. :wub:

Any news regarding his new endorsements? because there is no doubt after cloy his agency would be receiving countless love CF calls!!!! Like secret garden effect.

I found this old interview of Binnie back in the Negotiation promotion period and it was shown in some of the comments saying "

"this is the first reporter to ask such high quality questions".  

"The interview question is fresh and meaningful. The actor report is the content that illuminates actor Hyun Bin and not star Hyun Bin."

I am intrigued!!!!!

I wonder if there is any Korean or anyone who is fluent in Korean here in this thread who can do the translation for us fans here?  Thanks a million!   @KimSooHanMoo perhaps?  Please?

I really LOVE LOVE HB's acting in the Negotiation.  I think that was one of his finest works in recent years.  It's a pity that most of the Negotiation interviews I saw on YT focused on  him explaining the shooting techniques of the movie and not many on more in-depth questions. 

Came across this old video of HB that seems to talk about his background and how he got into acting. It looks really interesting! Even have some old snippets of him acting in a stage play.  It has chinese subtitles but I can't really read chinese so well. Anyone knows if there is an english sub for this? Or can tell the gist of the video esp his acting background etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/hyun-bin-secretly-donated-200-million-won-coronavirus/

Actor Hyun Bin was belated reported to have donated 200 million won to the fight against the coronavirus and COVID-19. He had actually donated a week about to the non-profit organization, Community Chest of Korea, but no one had known about it because he had done it in secret.

He donated 200 million won (~$170,000 USD) but didn’t even tell his agency about it. He had reportedly asked the organization to keep quiet about his donation as well.

• Love 1

On 3/2/2020 at 1:39 AM, TotoroSY said:

Came across this old video of HB that seems to talk about his background and how he got into acting. It looks really interesting! Even have some old snippets of him acting in a stage play.  It has chinese subtitles but I can't really read chinese so well. Anyone knows if there is an english sub for this? Or can tell the gist of the video esp his acting background etc

OMG..this is so good! i wish someone would sub it...i have never seen so much of this footage....thank you for sharing :wub:

1 hour ago, cloyfan said:

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/hyun-bin-secretly-donated-200-million-won-coronavirus/

Actor Hyun Bin was belated reported to have donated 200 million won to the fight against the coronavirus and COVID-19. He had actually donated a week about to the non-profit organization, Community Chest of Korea, but no one had known about it because he had done it in secret.

He donated 200 million won (~$170,000 USD) but didn’t even tell his agency about it. He had reportedly asked the organization to keep quiet about his donation as well.

Hi cloyfan, thanks for sharing the link. He had sent out a public letter on February 21st pleading for understanding and solidarity when it came to combating the virus. It's true that he had specifically requested the donation not be made immediately public. Well, he is not new to the experience of donating large sums to charity, having made similar donations in the past to Save the Children. :lol:

photo1160096.jpg

credit : Hancinema

• Love 3

I would like to provide my translation of a report that concerns Hyun Bin. But before I do that, I’d like to give you some background so that you understand what has been happening. As you would  already have known, many Korean celebrities have donated and or helped out (by cutting/lowering rent etc) towards the Covid-19 cause. 

For Hyun Bin, on 21 Feb 2020, he wrote letters in Korean, Chinese and English to his fans and others about the Covid-19 situation, wishing that this will pass and sending his wishes that everyone will be healthy and those affected will recover soon. Unknown to all, including even his agency, he had also quietly donated 200m won to help out in the country’s Covid-19 struggles. Soon after, news of various celebrities having donated came out. Many Knetz started tallying who has donated and how much was donated by who and who. In the midst, many celebrities were bashed - for example Lee Si Eon got bashed for donating too little. Hyun Bin got it worst with comments like, “being such a big shot celeb, he only donated a letter”; or “so and so is at least better than Hyun Bin who donated only words” etc His fans and I were pained to see this. We know that he must have donated but was keeping silent about it because he has said before that he does not want to have such things publicized.

Then news of his donation of 200m won came and  it was reported that he had donated without even his agency knowing about it. Then this report came out today.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002846979

My translation.

————————————————————————

I believe that it is a virtue to promote good deeds.  This is especially so for people with social influence because the more influential they are, the greater is their influence for more good deeds to be done.  So I believe that the more publicity we give to the good deeds of well-known artistes, the better the effect/influence we get. 

Even so, some entertainers believe that it is right to do good things secretly.  There are also artistes who believe that it is a virtue not to let the left hand know what the right hand has done. Some artistes have expressed their unwillingness to show off donations.  Some artistes also think that doing good deeds with money is a burden on the people who sweat at the scene. This is how different people think, and we can only respect it.

Hyun Bin donated 200 million won in order to overcome the Corona 19 (Note 1) disaster.  We were determined to make public what he wants to keep secret.  There should be no significant difference in helping and it is regrettable that help is being differentiated. Many people have come forward with different types of help; they shared about it, and donated. This is definitely something to be praised about, but this should definitely not be used to put blame on those whom we have no such information of (me - meaning, no information on whether they had donated or not). People who blame and ridicule with comments like, "why don't you celebrity donate money" are just people who vent their hatred. The reason we didn’t respect Hyun Bin’s wishes and announced the donation is because we want to banish hatred.  This is not to make Hyun Bin on the list of high-end donating artistes about "Corona 19".

On the 21st of last month (February), through the official social platform of his company, he expressed his concern about the spread of "Corona 19" and left a letter wishing for healing.  He then continued to be ridiculed with bad comments.  Online communities and online communication platforms (SNS) have ridiculed him saying about him "writing only letters without donating", and many people have mocked Hyun Bin as "salt" (Note 2).

This is sad.  Not only did I feel sorry for Hyun Bin, I was also saddened by the outbreak of this abomination that is like a plague.  In order to end this abomination, we insisted on publicizing Hyun Bin’s donation report. At the same time, we also disclosed the fact that he donated for the reconstruction of the disaster area during the mountain fire disaster in Gangwon-do last year and the fact that he has obtained the status of high-value donor as a member in Honor Society (me: only people who have donated consistently and substantially over a period of time can be a member.)

Because of "Corona 19", many people are going through difficult times.  Although many people are accumulating good deeds during this difficult time, many people also sit and vent their hatred.  Whenever news of an artiste’s donation spreads, many people make a list of artistes who have not donated.  With such a list in place, the act of venting hate seems to be done on the pretext of wanting to pursue justice.

On the 3rd of this month, a so-called "Shincheonji Artiste List" (Note 3) trail message was widely distributed on SNS.  The artistes whose names were mentioned received anger from the public.  Even with a denial explanation, some even maliciously commented, “It is a a fact that Shincheonji did sneak into their existing church, how could it not be." So, such hatred was vented.

Beginning on the 5th, there will be no more comments on performing arts news on the Naver portal. This is a measure taken after  the previous measure of deleting replies.  Perhaps, regarding "Corona 19", the post that hated the artiste will be the last malicious post reported by Naver Entertainment.

The obsession with justice sometimes gives false legitimacy to people who are running off course.  In this way, they are getting farther and farther away from the justice they want.  Perhaps some venting abominations started out with a sense of justice, but they still deviated from it.

Whenever a plague prevails, aversion will follow.  Maybe anger and hatred are the most powerful forces that make people hot-blooded.  Because of this, some people still vent their anger and disgust with their own ideas today.

There is no need to forgive hatred.  Righteous forgiveness and patience are different.  Someone must cut off hatred first.  So be patient.  I believe this is the way to overcome this plague-ridden era.  The reason why things turn out in a different way from Hyun Bin's original intention and made his donation to the public is because I believe that this is the method to overcome this era.  I hope for understanding, thank you very much.

Note 1: Corona 19, a new coronavirus outbreak worldwide that started in late 2019
Note 2: Salt has the effect of relieving evil and avoiding evil spirits in Korean customs.
Note 3: “Shincheonji” refers to a group that is widely known as a cult group that is blamed for the Covid-19 outbreak in Daegu, that has now spread to other parts of Korea. It is known to spread its ideology through infiltration into churches. 

(PS notes are mine).

Reporter Jeon Hyeong Hwa 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Totally agreed to writer - Corona 19 is a global problem now. There is no one to be blamed and at this very nervous and stressful period everyone regardless if you are 

celebrities or just common people from all countries now., we must brace ourselves to fight this war against the virus. 

As a fan of HB , I am saddened by the blame and accusations he got even after 

his letters of concern and generous donations made.this is not the time to 

compare who donated more or who did not donate.

as a non - Korean i sincerely hope Korea will overcome this difficult time soon so we can visit your country and continue watching more great dramas.

anyway I believe HB himself, given a big heart for charity and compassion will not 

take into heart all these negative comments. 

HB, you have done good deeds and let’s not be too upset with this little chapters :)

lets hope your donations will help many Koreans who are in need .

thats more important ! 

Fighting !!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@KimSooHanMoo I cannot read korean so just I just have a couple more questions. Was that the letter published by Naver? Is Naver an official news site of Korea? And the writer of the article is the one who revealed that HB donated? I feel bad for him that he received so much criticism 

• Love 1

I realize this was posted a page ago by @willenette but I think I'm reposting it chingu bc of his cute photo here as well as his generosity which all of us fans should be proud of!

[HanCinema's News] Hyun Bin Donates 150,000 Dollars to COVID-19 Relief

photo1160097.jpg

On March 3rd the charity Community Chest of Korea confirmed that Hyun Bin made a substantial donation to them for the sake of COVID-19 relief. Hyun Bin donated approximately one hundred and fifty thousand dollars through the organization.

Hyun Bin's name had been a conspicuous absence of the many celebrities currently engaging in COVID-19 relief, particularly as the actor had sent out a public letter on February 21st pleading for understanding and solidarity when it came to combating the virus. Hyun Bin's letter predates the wave of donations both from celebrities, as well as from the public at large.

photo1160096.jpg

Purportedly Hyun Bin made the donation some time ago. According to both Hyun Bin's agency, VAST Entertainment, as well as Community Chest of Korea, Hyun Bin had specifically requested the donation not be made immediately public. Hyun Bin is not new to the experience of donating large sums to charity, having made similar donations in the past to Save the Children.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 1
  • Love 4