Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

44 minutes ago, cher_ said:

Hi, i'm curious where did you read that hb's fam are business&law professionals? I found an article mentioned that his parents are teachers and another article that his mom is a sculptor she even had an exhibition hahahha i'm curious about his fam

Hi cher_, as far as I remember I read that somewhere in Koreaboo. :P

2 hours ago, cher_ said:

Hi, i'm curious where did you read that hb's fam are business&law professionals? I found an article mentioned that his parents are teachers and another article that his mom is a sculptor she even had an exhibition hahahha i'm curious about his fam

Me too! Can someone provide links to real statements coming from him or even video interviews? 

So here's what i found:

1. http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.amp.asp? - hb's parents were teacher

idk if it fits the scenario that his mom is a sculptor or it's just her hobby

11:42 "among my relatives have a lot of capable persons. 1 brother graduated from SNU and one is inspector" idk if it's translated accurately (the brother mentioned either his cousin bcs he said "relatives" or real brother?).

4. https://ko.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/현빈 In korean wiki "서울특별시 송파구 잠실동에서 2남 중 막내로 태어났다. 2살 연상인 형은 대한민국 국군 장교 출신인 것으로 알려졌다." which translated as "he was born in Jamsil-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul, the youngest of two sons. His 2-year-old brother is said to have been an officer of the South Korean Armed Forces"

Link reference: http://m.hankooki.com/m_sp_view.php?WM=sp&FILE_NO=c3AyMDExMDExMzA3NDc1Nzk2MDEwLmh0bQ==&ref=ko.m.wikipedia.org&isNv=

(When actor Hyun-bin decided to enlist in the Marine Corps, he believed he had received good advice from his brother, who was an officer. Hyun-bin had many conversations with his family before receiving the application. His brother, Tul, who was an officer in Locke, encouraged the Marinecorps to support him and bought Hyun-bin's will. Hyun-bin's company said, "I grew up in a very straight family and have a positive idea about military service. I understand that he first decided to join the Marinecorps and then consulted with his family." Hyun-bin was interviewed at suwon county office on December 24 last year. A decision will be announced in early February. This official said, "If there is no case, it seems to go to the Marine Corps and go to the MarineCorps. The enlistment period will be in March.")

That's all the info i could obtain with almost zero korean and help of google translate.

Also keep in mind that he was born in jamsil and went to school in gangnam. He must be from middle upper class household.

Edited by cher_
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cher_ said:

11:42 "among my relatives have a lot of capable persons. 1 brother graduated from SNU and one is inspector" idk if it's translated accurately (the brother mentioned either his cousin bcs he said "relatives" or real brother?).

Thank you for all the other information. In another thread we found out he actually just has one brother. So the Youtube translations must be off/incorrect.  I came across his official  website managed by Vast Entertainment.B) 

e_1481098504_p.jpg
NAME HYUN BIN (현빈, 玄彬)
DEBUT 2003 KBS DRAMA [Bodyguard] 
D.O.B Sep. 25, 1982. Year of Dog, Libra
FAMILY Parents, second son in a family of two brothers 
HEIGHT 6.07ft(185cm)
WEIGHT 163IB(74kg)
BLOOD TYPE B
HOBBY Swimming, Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Snowboarding, Taking a photo
academic background
/ 1989~1995 Shincheon elementaryschool
/ 1995~1998 Jamsin middleschool
/ 1998~2001 Youngdong highschool
/ 2001~2009 Chungang University Drama and Cinema
/ 2009~          MA, Art&Media, Chungang University, Seoul, Korea

Hi all, this article dated 2020.04.17 is mentioning how Hyunbin and another star is gaining massive popularity and became the new Korean Wave. (I used google translate)

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20200417060034379

Excerpts from the article:

Spoiler

JTBC's 'Itaewon Class' and tvN's 'Immortality of Love' have been over for a month or two, respectively, but the craze in Asia has now begun. The charm that once swept the country is spreading across Asia. The two works and starring Park Seo-jun and Hyun-bin are gaining more popularity in Taiwan and Southeast Asian countries, leading the new Korean Wave.

The 'non-trial of love' has gained so much popularity that it is featured in three media in Taiwan's four daily newspapers. In Southeast Asia, fan pages related to 'non-trial of love' are being created on the SNS, and foreign media interviews and data requests such as CNN, AP News, ABC News, Forbes, and Spanish news agency are continuing.

According to the PC magazine in the United States, as of the 10th, Netflix, hulu, HBO and other world's most viewed content rankings in the world's OTT ranked fourth in English title 'Crash Landing On You'. 'Paper's House' takes first place, 'World of Love' followed by 'Strange Story', 'Walking Dead' and other world-class drama series proved popularity.

Hyunbin, who played a leading role in the role of Lee Jung-hyuk and renewed his life character, is also gaining popularity. Hyun Bin is one of the representative Korean wave stars, including fan meeting tours in three countries including Seoul, Taiwan, and Hong Kong in March last year through the popularity of MBC 'My Name is Sam Sam-soon' and SBS '' Secret Garden '. In addition, the popularity of the 'non-trial of love' has increased, and the ad love call continues in Southeast Asia, reaching a new height.

Edited by Yanny62
Placed some content in the spoilers
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1

*** A never-before-seen past photo of HB has been circulating in various online communities again. They say that the photo was taken back when he's still in his 9th grade. Even the younger version is showing a handsome facial features.  :lol:

201418425_1280.jpg

credit : SBS News

• Like 2

*** I re-watched his latest drama, " Crash Landing on You" & just finished watching this again. The drama is a good watch for me. The star-crossed romance between the leads was an emotional one. This is one of my fave roles of HB. Oh... how I adore him here. He looks so good, so very handsome. I also had fun watching the supporting characters with the other soldiers. I don't usually like long EPs but, I wanted MORE EPs for this drama. It has a good mix of romance & humor along with the more serious plot. In the drama, I must really say : North & SK don't exactly love each other - hahaha. Having starred together previously in the movie, HB & SYJ bring great chemistry to this drama's love story.  :P

• Like 4

Hello all, could someone explain to me if the writer or the director found and suggested HB first for the role Captain Ri in CLOY? I was under the impression that the writer saved this script for HB, but I could be wrong. In K-ent, who has the right to pick the actors/actresses? 

On 4/24/2020 at 1:17 AM, willenette said:

*** CNN Indonesia apologized after airing a photo of NK leader KJU & Hyunbin side by side in a news report about the former.....  :o

Link here

http://mengnews.joins.com/view.aspx?aid=3076405

Yikes! considering the current news about the NK leader, let's hope they stop doing that.

I'm happy that he is filming his next movie. I still have hope for a second 2 of CLOY as many of the cast are busy working on new projects right now so perhaps they will be free in a few months to accept a second season for next year.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, squeak said:

HB's Mediheal making clip

He was so fluffy and handsome inside omg

Of course not forgetting his mighty dimples too:wub:

I might have been staring at this video for quite some time. Those killer dimples!

What a pretty sight to be seen during this challenging time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Indianfan said:

Hi everyone, I have a question in my mind regarding the award he received in 2014 along with yejin, why it is not mentioned in his award list in the front page.

Hi Indianfan, I guess the front page has to be updated yet by LyraYoo who's the thread starter. I haven't seen her online these past few days..... :lol: