Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

*** This is a bit absurd since I don't see that the drama is glorifying North Korea. It's only a drama....anything there are fictitious! This statement is being shown for audience to read before the drama starts. The drama gives a disclaimer at the beginning. They seem to be very sensitive about it... I wonder where the glorification is. :lol:

Christian Liberal Party Sues tvN For Glorifying North Korea In “Crash Landing On You”

48b8f99dc0f04a7d912a25d21c5cc446.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” has been accused of violating the National Security Act (NSA) for glorifying North Korea.

On January 22, Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency revealed that they were reviewing an accusation made by the Christian Liberal Party against tvN on January 9.

“Crash Landing on You” tells the story of a wealthy heiress named Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin) who finds herself trapped in North Korea after a paragliding incident. She is discovered by North Korean soldier Ri Jung Hyuk (played by Hyun Bin), who falls in love with her while helping her hide.

In a statement released on January 10, the Christian Liberal Party explained, “North Korea has never once lowered the guns they have directed at us. As a result of a president and broadcasting corporation who are unable to differentiate enemies, our citizens have been instigated.”

They continued, “Following the National Security Act, one should not praise or follow any anti-national organizations that compromise the existence of South Korea. We wish for the instigators to be investigated as soon as possible and strictly punished.”

Article 7 Clause 1 of the National Security Act states, “Knowingly compromising the nation’s existence, safety, or basic order of liberal democracy and praising, supporting, advertising, and/or following anti-national organizations by receiving orders or as a participating member, or advertising and/or instigating national affairs will result in a maximum of seven years of penal servitude.”

A representative of the police stated, “We have not officially begun investigations and are still reviewing the matter.” They added, “The judicial precedent for punishing dramas containing false content as a violation of the NSA is rare.”

tvN’s “Crash Landing On You” is currently scheduled for a broadcasting change due to the upcoming Lunar New Year and will not air this week.

Source (1) / soompi news

On 8/23/2019 at 11:40 PM, KimSooHanMoo said:

Hyunbin "It is happier to think about the future than the past"

For the future, Hyunbin is living in the present.

By: Esquire Korea 2019.08.21

with OMEGA

(Translation here by: Elsie Lee)

Q: Do you ever want to go back to the past?
A: No, I don't.
Q: You are so decisive about that.
A: I think I am the type that prefer the future to the past. Rather than going back to the past, I prefer to go to the future.
Q: Which part of the future do you want to go?
A: I just want to be able to go to the end of this drama right now.
Q: At the end of Crash Landing of Love?
A: Yeah. If only I could just see the time when the drama is just over .... (Laugh)
Q: Why? Because you want to know what the reaction is?
A: I'm curious. I'm curious about everyone’s reaction. I'm also curious about how my acting would be. Even if you can go back to the past and change something you don't like, there's no guarantee that it's going to work.
Q: When I asked if you wanted to go back to the past, I thought perhaps, there could be regrets which make you think you want to do differently. Or alternatively, it could be that at that time, there was happiness that caused you to want to go back. But for Hyunbin, even though you could think of regrets in the past, you still don't think you want to go back.
A: I see. Yes, I think so. I did my best at that moment. Of course, there were times when I was happy. It’s the same now, there are times when I am happy. But I think the future will be happier.
Q: The future is happier?
A: I hope so.

KimSooHanMoon - - Thank you SSOOOOOO much for posting this!!!    I have been looking for this particular translation of the Esquire Magazine issue for the longest time and I have finally found yours.

What a great piece depicting Hyun Bin's sincerity toward his profession and him as a person.  Again, he awes and amazes me  with his consistency throughout the years. 

What a great man he is and has become.  

In this interview, he elaborated how he was inspired by Son Ye-Jin's performance in the movie Negotiation.    I think Hyun Bin truly appreciated that particular experience he had as he himself is that kind of person who constantly searching for that "novelty" --- those subtle elements that helps/enable him to deliver new experiences to his fans.  He was on the receiving end of that impact from Son Ye-Jin while filming together and he found that thrilling and charming.    Well, I watched the movie Negotiation about half a year ago and till today, I still remember  the WOW factor lingered in my mind after watching his performance that day.   He was very different, it enables me to see the other Hyun Bin that I (as an audience) was not familiar with...and the delivery was indeed so very thrilling and charming to me...I couldn't find other words better suited the experience I had.

Something I am quite dumbfounded though is when asked about which part of the future does him want to go...Hyun Bin's answer was  "at the end of crash landing of love" -- and the reason he gave was that he was curious about everyone's reaction and how his acting would be.   I really don't understand this part.  They started filming  CLOY in August 2019 I believe in Switzerland? and the Esquire interview was done in mid-late September.  I really wonder why he would say that...while in CLOY's BTS or the interviews he gave,  it seems that he clearly enjoys himself while filming.  Can anyone please try to explain the possible reasons as to why he would said that ?  Thanks!

• Like 3

On 1/24/2020 at 11:34 PM, Sianna said:

KimSooHanMoon - - Thank you SSOOOOOO much for posting this!!!    I have been looking for this particular translation of the Esquire Magazine issue for the longest time and I have finally found yours.

What a great piece depicting Hyun Bin's sincerity toward his profession and him as a person.  Again, he awes and amazes me  with his consistency throughout the years. 

What a great man he is and has become.  

In this interview, he elaborated how he was inspired by Son Ye-Jin's performance in the movie Negotiation.    I think Hyun Bin truly appreciated that particular experience he had as he himself is that kind of person who constantly searching for that "novelty" --- those subtle elements that helps/enable him to deliver new experiences to his fans.  He was on the receiving end of that impact from Son Ye-Jin while filming together and he found that thrilling and charming.    Well, I watched the movie Negotiation about half a year ago and till today, I still remember  the WOW factor lingered in my mind after watching his performance that day.   He was very different, it enables me to see the other Hyun Bin that I (as an audience) was not familiar with...and the delivery was indeed so very thrilling and charming to me...I couldn't find other words better suited the experience I had.

Something I am quite dumbfounded though is when asked about which part of the future does him want to go...Hyun Bin's answer was  "at the end of crash landing of love" -- and the reason he gave was that he was curious about everyone's reaction and how his acting would be.   I really don't understand this part.  They started filming  CLOY in August 2019 I believe in Switzerland? and the Esquire interview was done in mid-late September.  I really wonder why he would say that...while in CLOY's BTS or the interviews he gave,  it seems that he clearly enjoys himself while filming.  Can anyone please try to explain the possible reasons as to why he would said that ?  Thanks!

Annyeong, dongmu. I think, his statement of wanting to fast forward to the time when CLOY is finished is just him wanting to see the final product and seeing how the audience received it. He most probably didn't mean to make his CLOY experience sound burdensome, since as we all know, he's very particular with the projects he's signing up with and that he was looking forward to working with SYJ after The Negotiation. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2020 at 11:02 PM, Lily_Lovly said:

@willenette Thank you for keep updating this thread. Glad to see his new drama getting so much love. I hope he get recognized for this drama though I haven't watched it. Is it good? Was debating if I should watch it or not. Looking forward to his upcoming movie Bargaining. 

Hi Lily_Lovlyplease try to watch it not because I'm biased when it becomes to him but I find the drama good. I feel that you will enjoy this, too, since the writing is really good. What I appreciated right away was how well the characters are written. As the series progresses, you get to see these characters fleshed out as they interact with each other. It's just that I can't watch it continuously because of lack of time but for sure I will have to buy the DVD copy of this series once it's available in the market after Korea's airing............ Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin were cast as leads for the action crime thriller film "The Negotiation" but mostly filmed separately. Here, I can clearly see their good chemistry on screen. During the drama press conference, Hyun Bin admitted that he wished he could [have shared] scenes with her.  This is Hyun Bin's second time playing a North Korean character but I don't see it as he's "typecast" in this kind of role.  Some of the military scenes made me question how much of this is based on real-life situations. Very little is known about the daily life of North Korean citizens. Most of the information I know is because of news bits of the dictatorial regime. HB appeal always hit me full force every time I watch him on the screen.  I enjoy the light-hearted moments of the series and the comedic moments. After watching, you can discuss all your ~feels~ in this thread!  You may stream "Crash Landing On You" on Netflix. :lol:

• Like 2

What To Expect In The Second Half Of tvN’s “Crash Landing On You”

48b8f99dc0f04a7d912a25d21c5cc446.jpeg?s=

As tvN’s hit drama “Crash Landing on You” moves into its second half, here are some of the things you can expect to see in the upcoming episodes.

Spoiler

1. Role Reversal! Ri Jung Hyuk Crash Lands Into Yoon Se Ri’s World

The first half of “Crash Landing on You” saw Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) as she navigated her way around life in North Korea after she literally crash landed during a parasailing accident. In the most recent episodes, Yoon Se Ri returned to South Korea with Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin) after an emotional reunion. Now it’s Ri Jung Hyuk’s turn to be the fish out of water as he learns what life is like in Seoul. Viewers are curious to see how the new setting will affect the romance between Ri Jung Hyuk and Yoon Se Ri and how Ri Jung Hyuk will adjust.

2. New Setting, New Stories! From North Korea to South Korea

Of course, viewers are also curious to see what new stories will be told as the plot moves from north to south. Especially curious will be the members of Ri Jung Hyuk’s squadron and Jung Man Bok (Kim Young Min) as they come to South Korea in search of their missing soldier. What becomes of the villagers that Yoon Se Ri interacted with in North Korea? Will Ri Jung Hyuk’s squadron be able to return to North Korea after they find him? Only time will tell.

3. The Threats The Couple Face! Rising Tensions

For every ounce of romance in “Crash Landing on You,” it seems there’s tension and danger for the main couple in equal measure. Even in South Korea, Yoon Se Ri cannot seem to escape the threat posed by Cho Chul Kang (Oh Man Seok). Whether the couple can survive Cho Chul Kang’s schemes and make it out unscathed, viewers will have to tune in to find out.

Are you excited for the second half of “Crash Landing on You”? The next episode will air on February 1 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, sheeeeee said:

Hi I’m new here. Thank you for the updates. Btw did anyone found eng sub for special episode of crash landing on you?

Hi sheeeeee, "Crash Landing on You"  Episode 10.5 English Sub has not been released Yet. I check this from time to time via DramaCool. This site - https://dramacool.eu/ will be the fastest one to upload Ep 10.5 with Eng Sub for free. :lol:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi sheeeeee, "Crash Landing on You"  Episode 10.5 English Sub has not been released Yet. I check this from time to time via DramaCool. This site - https://dramacool.eu/ will be the fastest one to upload Ep 10.5 with Eng Sub for free. :lol:

I’m dying while waiting for the eng sub sobd sobs i already saw some of the contents being subbed by duckhu tv (?) it’s hilarious!!

• Like 1

Son Ye Jin Takes Hyun Bin Clothes Shopping In “Crash Landing On You”

d45427a61ab1420abcc4e2a55a0a5003.jpeg?s=

This weekend’s episode of “Crash Landing on You” will officially start the second half of the show, and to ring it in, tvN has released some stills from the upcoming episode!

Spoiler

Spoilers

The previous episodes saw Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin) return with Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) to South Korea after a harrowing rescue when Yoon Se Ri was abducted. Now in South Korea, Ri Jung Hyuk must adjust to a very different kind of life than he is used to.

The new stills show Yoon Se Ri taking Ri Jung Hyuk clothes shopping. Clearly the man is overwhelmed at first, but manages to get himself dressed up in some rather spiffy-looking suits. All the while Yoon Se Ri looks pleased to see him in nicer clothes than what he typically wears.

crash-landing-on-you-2.jpg

Episode 11 of “Crash Landing on You” will air this upcoming Saturday, February 1 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) soompi news

Spoiler

• Like 2

“Crash Landing On You” + “Queen: Love And War” Achieve Their Highest Ratings Yet; “Tell Me What You Saw” Enjoys Significant Jump For 2nd Episode

093e882ba38249dbaabbe378932b5ecc.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” and TV Chosun’s “Queen: Love and War” show no signs of slowing down!

On February 2, viewership ratings for both dramas soared to new highs. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Crash Landing on You” scored an average nationwide rating of 15.9 percent and a peak of 17.4 percent, setting a new personal record for the hit drama.

Not only did “Crash Landing on You” take first place in its time slot overall, but it also took first place among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 11.8 percent and a peak of 12.8 percent. Additionally, the drama continued to perform especially well with female viewers in their forties, with whom it scored an impressive peak rating of 24.8 percent.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2020

dramaratings_2.jpg

Saturday, Feb. 1      
Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life 69 KBS 20.9%
Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life 70 KBS 25.0%
No Second Chances 49 MBC 7.1%
No Second Chances 50 MBC 8.8%
No Second Chances 51 MBC 8.1%
No Second Chances 52 MBC 9.5%
Stove League 13 SBS 16.0%
Itaewon Class 2 JTBC 5.3%
Tell Me What You Saw 1 OCN 2.0%
Crash Landing on You 11 tvN 14.2%
Sunday, Feb. 2      
Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life 71 KBS 23.9%
Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life 72 KBS 28.0%
Tell Me What You Saw 2 OCN 3.3%
Crash Landing on You 12 tvN 15.9%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/02/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-jan-27-feb-2-2020/

• Like 2