Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

I am not sure how to post what I had posted in Crash Landing of Love thread here. Since this is about Hyunbin and I would like to have this posted for the benefit of his present and future fans, I thought I should replicate the content here. In the future I will be more mindful to park my postings about him here instead.

Translation of a naver article about his Interview for Esquire Korea September 2019 issue.

————————————————————————

Actor Hyun Bin appears in the magazine cover of Esquire. 

Sporting an autumn aura, Hyun Bin appears on the cover of the September issue of the magazine "Esquire" with a warm appearance.  Hyun Bin arrived at the photoshoot looking more tanned than usual. He explained that he had gotten the tan deliberately because of his new TV drama "Crash Landing of Love" (tentative name), revealing how he will look in the drama that would commence filming soon.  It has already been revealed that he would take on the role of a "special officer" in this TV drama.

"Crash Landing of Love" is the new work by Park Ji-eun, the star writer of "Legend of the Blue Sea", "My Love from Another Star", "My Husband Got a Family", etc and other consecutive box office works.  After the movie "Negotiation", this second cooperation between Hyun Bin and Son Yejin is a highly anticipated work.

Hyun Bin said in an interview after the photoshoot, "Sometimes when I see the unexpected performance of the other actor, I would be greatly charmed by the acting and experience a high level of excitement. The unpredictable acting of the other party will bring about an unplanned reactive acting from me and it makes me feel thrilled. In the movie "Negotiation", Son Yejin's acting made me feel that way. So I had wanted to work with her again. As our acting in "Negotiation" was shot separately (using a binary screen shooting technique), I thought it would be good if the next time round, we are able to shoot opposite each other in the same space, face to face, looking into each other's eyes, breathing the same air. I just did not expect this opportunity to come so quickly, he thus expressed his expectations for the new drama.

Additionally, when Hyun Bin was interviewed by a certain media in 2009, he predicted that he would reach his prime at the age of 35 when he would have settled down with a family and also be more established and stable in his career.  Ten years on, we asked if he has achieved what he predicted. He laughed and said, "There is no family, so half of this prediction has already flown out of the window." "But I seem to have somewhat realised the other half. I won't say that I have reached a firm footing, rather, I would say I now have a sense of security. I feel more secure.  I am also now able to have more leisure time, and I feel a greater sense of curiosity and interest in my work, and there seems to be more things I want to experience and experiment. I also seem to be getting more projects than at that time."

Since his discharge from the army, Hyun Bin has been involved in at least two works every year, be it a historical drama, action drama, fantasy and other genres and roles.  You have performed outstandingly in romantic dramas such as "Secret Garden", "The World Within Us" and "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" and gained tremendous popularity. "Why did you not continue in this?"  He seems to have chosen to set aside this safe acting road and gone for a variety of styles. Does he not feel scared (to lose his popularity)?

Hyun Bin gave this answer through "Esquire":

"It is not that I "don't care at all". There is a subtle difference between "I don't care at all" and "it seems that I don't care". But to me, popularity isn't the point (or the focus). For this work that I do, you can't ignore popularity altogether. However, popularity isn't something that I can catch when I want to catch. Popularity is something that is beyond my control. So I'd rather think about what I can do and not worry about something beyond what I can do. The correct thinking is to focus on what I can do within my control. So I try to think simply. I need to just carefully prepare and show my acting skills.'"

For Hyun Bin, the important thing is to do his best at the work within his responsibility for now.  In this way, Hyun Bin is spending the time that belongs to Hyun Bin.

When he is asked if he had any thoughts about his comeback, Hyun Bin said that he wants to know how well he is doing, and how the audience is reacting, so he is looking forward to the future when "Crash Landing of Love" ends and at the same time, he is preparing hard for his new drama which fills him with excitement, expectation and heart-flutters.

You can find out more about the interview of Hyunbin who is enthusiastically loyal to the present and eagerly anticipating the future in the September issue of “Esquire”.

————————————————————————
The Esquire Korea website has a Q and A capture of the entire interview. The content is about the same 

Love the caption of the interview- “Compared to the past, thinking about the future makes me happier. For the good of the future, Hyunbin is living in the present.”

I am not sure if I should translate this Q and A version as I am not sure how many of the readers of this thread already know Hangeul or can read Chinese- his Chinese fans have already translated this Q and A version. :)
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, randomlee said:

I am not sure if I should translate this Q and A version as I am not sure how many of the readers of this thread already know Hangeul or can read Chinese- his Chinese fans have already translated this Q and A version. :)

pls do share the Q &A version...thanks in advance. :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hyunbin "It is happier to think about the future than the past"

For the future, Hyunbin is living in the present.

By: Esquire Korea 2019.08.21

with OMEGA

(Translation here by: Elsie Lee)

GN9e8K3.jpg

Q: You must be preparing for your new drama, Crash Landing of Love.
A: I think we're going to start our first shooting soon.
Q: Did you get this tan for it?
Yes. Because I am going to be an officer, I got the tan a little deliberately.
Q: I thought you went on vacation.
A: After the drama "Memories of the Alhambra" earlier this year, I hardly rested because I used the time to look at scripts and to make my choices.
Q: So you chose this drama, “Crash Landing of Love?”
A: Yes, that’s right.
Q: It's your second time meeting Son Ye-jin in a work since the movie Negotiation. I heard that actress Son Ye-jin inspired you me a lot. I assume that’s why you are working with her again this time.
A: At that time, I thought how good it would be if I could work with her again. I didn't expect the opportunity to come so soon.

vhkfbZ7.jpg

Q: Why did you want to work with her again?
A: While working with her on the project and doing movie promotion with her, I think we share a lot of similarities. As a result, we have many things we can talk about and we share similar views about a lot of things. When I was shooting <Negotiation>, we filmed in a completely different space using a binary filming technique, so we didn't have much time acting face to face with each other. But when I saw her acting on the small monitor, she showed me unexpected acting that got me curious. Why did she express it that way?
Q: Why did she express it in that way (meaning in the unexpected way)?
A: When an actor acts, of course, he will use what he has prepared to immerse into the role, and the acting will be uniquely realistic and you get a sense of thrill watching it. But sometimes, if you encounter an unexpected acting from the other party, you will also feel a sense of thrill. When you are not able to predict how the other person will act or express herself, and you find yourself responding in an unexpected manner to complement or to react to the other person, it is very charming and thrilling. I think I saw that from Ye-jin. So I had wished to work with her again. I thought when that time comes, I want to be able to do so by being in the same space, looking at the eyes and breathing in the same air. This time, I am able to do it.
Q: The acting that we see on the screen as an audience and the acting that you experience in the field acting opposite her must be rather different.
A: I think the scene that got me very amazed for the first time is that scene when I shot and killed Ye-jin's boss. Of course, Ye-jin's line was a curse, so I expected her to spit out or explode with the curse but she did the opposite. Instead, she restrained her strong emotions in saying her line. It felt like she was going to explode but she did not and she showed a different kind of emotions. It was very different from what I expected.
Q: I remember that scene where she was swallowing her sadness to the point where her eyes were bloodshot.
A: I think that if she hadn't read the script multiple times, and if she hadn't thought carefully about how to express her emotions, then it is not possible that she can show such an expression.I am sure she had thought of other ways of expressing herself. But in the end, she chose to express herself in that way. I also wondered how it would have been and how I would have reacted if she had chosen to express herself in another way.
Q: Conversely, did Son Ye-jin give her opinion about Hyun Bin’s acting?

A: This, I think you will have to ask Ye-jin about that. (Laughs)
Q: A perfectionist. When other actors talk about Hyun Bin, they use this expression a lot. Do you agree?
A: I'll agree 50%. (Laughs).

lC9dYUU.jpg

Q: In the past interviews, I can see that for an action project, you would do training for the action, if it's a project involving a foreign language, you would spend time learning the foreign language. All along, you would spend 3 months in advance to prepare for your role. I don't know if all the other actors do that.
A: I think they all do more than I do.
Q: Is that right?
A: Why, you know, even in school there are some people who keep saying they didn't study for the exam but yet get a perfect score in the end. There are actors like that, they say they didn’t prepare and yet, turn up with perfect acting.
Q: That must be a true master (Laughs)

A: Isn't that right. As for me...... (Laughs) When people talk about perfectionists, they are probably talking about this type of actors. I belong to the type that is a little persistent when I work, but, in reality, it is not possible to get to a 100 percent stage. If I have doubts or there's something I can't grasp, then it would become an obstacle to my acting. That's why I always search for answers. In the end, in people's eyes, I become a so-called perfectionist.  
Q: Longing for new things, choosing new things. Hyun Bin often uses these expressions when you talk about yourself.
A: Well, when I talk about new things, I'm not really looking for new materials. Even if it's the same material, even if it’s the same type of role, I still want to find something different about it. In other words, the novelty that I'm talking about is - the expressions that I didn’t know I have, speaking in a different way, treating the lines in a way that I hadn’t thought of before, reacting in an unexpected way across the other person's unexpected acting, or it could be using the expression that I have prepared for - when each of these little things is put together, and it gives people a different reaction or feeling, that’s what I am talking about when I say I want to look for such new things. From a certain angle, it’s a combination of this desire for novelty and the perfectionism in me. No matter what, if I continue to give the audience the same thing, the audience will get bored and frustrated. That’s why, rather than say I want to experience new things or show a new me, it’s more accurate to say I want to give the audience a slightly different experience. That’s the reason why I look for new things. It's not only because that is my job; it is also because I myself crave to give something new to the audience.
Q: In other words, it can be described as instability. Although you can continue to do what you are good at, what you are used to or familiar with, yet you want to try taking the route not yet travelled. That is deliberately taking the less stable route.
A: Yes, it would be unstable. Even now, I feel anxious.  I feel many kinds of anxieties. um ... Am I able to do it well? That’s why I keep asking these questions and reflecting. That's why I need time to prepare. Even if it is not perfect, but I need to get rid of my anxiety before I can stand in front of the camera. You can't stand in front of the camera with anxiety. Everything will be seen.Yes, it would be obvious.

LTKfnOo.jpg

Q: Even when you look at yourself?
A: I think so. If you're not ready, it will show. Hwang Jung-min sunbaenim once said, "If we don't have sincerity and integrity, we can't pull it off in a drama or movie." I think in the same way. When you don't prepare well, everything about you including your bad acting will be projected onto the screen and be exhibited.
Q: There's no end to this pursuit for satisfaction.
A: Of course not. Even though it is necessary to have self confidence and to think, "I am the best and I can act awesomely well”. But I am not like that. I am of the view that having only confidence is not sufficient. I just want to do my utmost for the moment.
Q: Looking at your past experience, you seem to have done a lot works which are the director’s debut work. Was it a deliberate choice or a pure coincidence?

A: This is only a subjective judgment. I wouldn't know who are the people in the composition. First of all, I will only pay attention to the script. Is there anything I want to express here? Is there anything in here that I am curious about? Is this the kind of story that people want to hear? Is there anything that is worth listening to? Can I perform the role? These are the questions I ask. It is only after I have found my answer that I find out about the surrounding circumstances. So after I decide on the project, then I know who the director is.

Q: Because it is the debut work, on the one hand, it must be more meaningful, but on the other hand, it will be more uneasy. This is again on the line between a new thing and instability. Hyunbin is yet again standing on the wave of seeking new ideas. 

A: That’s right. And in my own way.

VyRt142.jpg

Q: Have you seen the movie “First Man”?

A: No, I haven’t. It's about humans going to the moon, right? I have seen <Gravity>. I'm glad I've watched <Gravity>. (Laughs)
Q: That's right. This year is the 50th anniversary of man’s first landing on the moon. This is about people who went to the moon before we were even born, in particular, it is the story of Neil Armstrong. And as I watched the movie, I thought, how lonely it must be, yet, at the same time, how honourable it must be for human beings to leave the Earth's gravity to go to the weightless moon. Although I don't know Hyun Bin very well, but when I watch the onward steps you have taken, I felt like I was watching First Man. Like them, you don't want to dwell on popularity, rather you prefer to keep a distance, and you don't want to make familiar choices. It’s like getting rid of the shackles of gravity and heading for the road of unlimited development.
A: Not being obsessed.. it seems this is being a bit subtle ...  popularity is indeed not the point. But as an actor, it doesn't mean you can give it up altogether. I won't go for it and it is not something I can catch when I want to. Popularity is beyond my control. I want to be obsessed with what I can do. I think it's right to focus on what I can do. It'll make things very simple.  I want to focus on preparing well for my acting and show the audience my serious and realistic acting, in that way, the audience and popularity will come -----Without work, the audience and popularity will disappear. This has been repeated. There is so much I want to do, so in other things, I do not have time or energy in invest in them. Popularity does not fall into the category of things I can do. I think I'm trying to focus on what I can do.
Q: Sticking to the past is painful and worrying about the future brings anxiety. After all, the important thing is to focus on the present, which may not even be as easy as it sounds.
A: Yes, it's hard. I have felt conflicted as well. Although I am committed to what I am doing or going to do right now, there are also concerns about how I will perform in the future. Also, the people standing with me in front of the camera, for us, this is now, but for the audience, we are making the future for them (because they will only see our performance in the future). Therefore, I have to be obsessed with the present and I have to do my best to make every moment in the present, then only in this way will I appear in the future (when the audience see it). So I am preparing my future by doing my best in the present so that I will have no regrets.
Q: Just doing your best for the present, this way, things seem a lot simpler. 
A: Yes, yes, yes. That's right. That's what it is.

Ukje79n.jpg

Q: I heard that you don’t like to talk about your personal matters. Can I ask one question that concerns a personal matter?

A: (Laughs)

Q: You like to collect watches-----

A: (Laughs) No, I like watches. I don't like collecting them. Where did you hear this from? Well, accessories like watches, shoes, wallets, belts, etc, these are things that can tell you about the exterior of a man. I heard this story before. If a man, no matter how neatly he dresses, if his shoes are dirty, then the man will not look neat. So watches is an accessory I am interested in. If I see a pretty watch, I can't resist.
Q: What style of watch do you like?
A: A watch with a history like an Omega. I like brands with their own story and history.
Q: Although I used the topic of watches, on the one hand I have heard you say before that you always try to make a complete distinction between your private and public life, on the other hand, I am really curious. Is it really possible to separate your private life? You aren’t just a normal public figure as well (referring to him being an exceptionally well known figure).
A: We're not public figures, so I don't know why people call us public figures. We're just people who are famous to the public.
Should we broaden the definition of a public figure?
It's a bit vague. It's unclear whether there's a standard for defining who are public figures. Are we public figures because the public can see, imitate, and learn from us, but why are we public figures because we're not elected? But I think it is because of the speciality of my job that makes me a famous figure. I am just a person who became famous because of the job that I do. It's indeed very vague, but it is not easy to separate things into the private from the public.
Q: I can perfectly understand why it is like that.
A: That’s why I'm trying to do more (referring to the separation). I am thinking and I ask myself, if I reach a situation where there are a lot of people who know me well personally, would they want to see me when I am on the screen? If they have a lot more data about me than I've got out there, do you think they would be curious? If it’s me, I don't think I would be curious about such a person. Of course, there are people whom I know who appear on the screen and it can be more fun watching them, but I still think it would be a lot better to not know.
Q: I think it's going to be harder to have a private space, be it mentally or physically.
A: Yes. But, well, it is not just me, but everyone in this job wants to do that (referring to them wanting to separate their personal lives from the public).

lHICPhy.jpg

Q: Ten years ago, in an interview in 2009, you said, "I think my mid-30s I will be in my prime, and I will have my own family, and I'm going to be a little more occupied than I am now." (When he heard “I will have my own family”, he burst into laughter.) How much of your prediction do you think you've achieved after 10 years?
A: I think I've done half of it, though. Since I do not have my own family, the most important half of it has flown out of here. (Laughs) But I think I've found more stability in this job than I did in the past. I feel a greater sense of security.
Q: Sense of security?

A: To me, personally, that sense of security has become a bit more solid. I think I've gained some composure, and I think I have gained more curiosity and enjoyment about my work and what I'm trying to express. I think I'm also working on more projects than before.

Q: Yes, since being discharged from the army, you have been working continuously.
A: That's right. I think I have been doing two projects a year continuously.
Q: In the first place, how did you choose to join the army at that time? You were at the peak of your popularity with Secret Garden.
A: I think when I first got into this industry, there were some things that I didn’t think about. Now thinking about it, "When I was a rookie, I wanted to be known faster, so I worked hard, and then I was offered a piece of work, and people started to know a little bit about me. So I got ambitious and wanted to do more things. I got more projects...Just like that, time flew by. Just when I was thinking about joining the army, the timing perfectly matched my condition (or state of mind) at that time. I wanted to organise my 20s’ life. Ah, what word would be more appropriate than the word “organise” to express what I want to say? As I reached the end of my 20s, it was a good time for me to reflect on my past journey and to think about and plan what I'm going to do in my 30s. That's why I went to get a physical examination, interview, and it all became so natural.

Q: To an outsider, it looked like a difficult choice but for you, it was a natural choice.

A: Yes, it was a natural choice. In any case, at that age, I couldn’t have postponed my enlistment as well. (Laughs)

uHMCxLg.jpg

Q: Were you afraid (or worried) when you left for the army? Of course, time will fly by, but for your career, it is a pause for two years.
A: No, I was not afraid at all. In fact, my company was more afraid than I. I wasn't afraid at all.
Q: No? Because you were confident?
A: No. Um ... how should I put it? I am just like that. Anyway, if I have to say it, indeed, I wasn't afraid. That's right. If something wasn't there, I shouldn’t make it up, should I? So, I’ll say it as it is.

Q: So you won’t afraid.
A: I wasn't afraid or worried. Anyway, when I was a rookie, did anyone know me? When I was shooting <Shower>, did anyone know who I was? Of course, if after a time, when everything is gone, I might hit the ground and regret it. (Laughs) That's how I have kept this mindset all this while. In a way, popularity is the same. Anyhow, as for me, it wasn’t something I had from the beginning. So I just think of it as a gift, I prefer to enjoy what I have at present, have a thankful heart, this is the kind of mindset I should have.
Q: I think that's Hyunbin’s biggest asset.
A: When I work, if I can have this kind of mindset, not only does it have no harm, it will also naturally bring about peace of mind and ease. It is greed to want to own everything. Although I'm not a nihilist, I think that wanting to have everything is greed.
Q: Do you ever want to go back to the past?
A: No, I don't.
Q: You are so decisive about that.
A: I think I am the type that prefer the future to the past. Rather than going back to the past, I prefer to go to the future.
Q: Which part of the future do you want to go?
A: I just want to be able to go to the end of this drama right now.
Q: At the end of Crash Landing of Love?
A: Yeah. If only I could just see the time when the drama is just over .... (Laugh)
Q: Why? Because you want to know what the reaction is?
A: I'm curious. I'm curious about everyone’s reaction. I'm also curious about how my acting would be. Even if you can go back to the past and change something you don't like, there's no guarantee that it's going to work.
Q: When I asked if you wanted to go back to the past, I thought perhaps, there could be regrets which make you think you want to do differently. Or alternatively, it could be that at that time, there was happiness that caused you to want to go back. But for Hyunbin, even though you could think of regrets in the past, you still don't think you want to go back.
A: I see. Yes, I think so. I did my best at that moment. Of course, there were times when I was happy. It’s the same now, there are times when I am happy. But I think the future will be happier.
Q: The future is happier?
A: I hope so.

• Like 6
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

this is the most easy to understand version. thanks @randomlee for sharing :wub:

HyunBin is one of the most grounded actor i have encountered. I, too, agree with Binnie that his future will be happier. Hoping for the best for CLOL. ;)

A: I wasn't afraid or worried. Anyway, when I was a rookie, did anyone know me? When I was shooting <Shower>, did anyone know who I was? Of course, if after a time, when everything is gone, I might hit the ground and regret it. (Laughs) That's how I have kept this mindset all this while. In a way, popularity is the same. Anyhow, as for me, it wasn’t something I had from the beginning. So I just think of it as a gift, I prefer to enjoy what I have at present, have a thankful heart, this is the kind of mindset I should have.
Q: I think that's Hyunbin’s biggest asset.
A: When I work, if I can have this kind of mindset, not only does it have no harm, it will also naturally bring about peace of mind and ease. It is greed to want to own everything. Although I'm not a nihilist, I think that wanting to have everything is greed.

A: I see. Yes, I think so. I did my best at that moment. Of course, there were times when I was happy. It’s the same now, there are times when I am happy. But I think the future will be happier.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, rori0711 said:

this is the most easy to understand version. thanks @randomlee for sharing :wub:

HyunBin is one of the most grounded actor i have encountered. I, too, agree with Binnie that his future will be happier. Hoping for the best for CLOL. ;)

Can’t agree more with you on that. Was attracted to him once again as an actor after watching MoA and then decided to catch up on all his movies etc. At that time,  I really have a newfound appreciation of him as an actor. But what took me to a new level of love for him is after I have dugged up his past interviews to read - he is such a sincere and grounded person!  What amazes me is that what he said in 2009 about things like popularity etc remains consistent 10 years later! I have definitely fallen deeply and inextricably into his charms :kiss_wink:

Unlike some other popular Hallyu stars, for Hyunbin, he has been tested through time. He has shown by his actions (eg enrollment in Marines Military etc) that he is one man who has withstood the test of time. His views about popularity and fame etc are so sound and grounded. Haha..I can like go on and on...I went to his fan meeting in HK, was completely won over by his warmth and sincerity. You can bet that I will try and attend his other upcoming fan meetings :D

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Love this Omega + Esquire photoshoot clip. Our Binnie is so swoon worthy here :wub:

Caption - “Actor Hyun Bin, who decorated the cover of the September issue of Esquire, met Omega to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Speedmaster Collection, the first clock to land on the moon.”

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

On 8/20/2019 at 5:53 AM, rori0711 said:

I may not be a HB-SYJ shipper but I highly look up both actors so I'm cheering on Crash Landing of Love.

Hi @rori0711. Your statement makes me so happy and hopeful. I'm glad you're so open-minded to still support HB's upcoming drama even if you're not a Binjin shipper. I wish many would have your attitude as well. As a longtime HB fan, I too have at times not been a fan of his co-star, but I still faithfully and religiously watched and supported the movie/drama because HB was in it. I trusted that because HB was in it, I wouldn't be disappointed. True enough, in the end I really liked them.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2019 at 9:27 AM, randomlee said:

But what took me to a new level of love for him is after I have dugged up his past interviews to read - he is such a sincere and grounded person!  What amazes me is that what he said in 2009 about things like popularity etc remains consistent 10 years later! I have definitely fallen deeply and inextricably into his charms :kiss_wink:

Unlike some other popular Hallyu stars, for Hyunbin, he has been tested through time. He has shown by his actions (eg enrollment in Marines Military etc) that he is one man who has withstood the test of time. His views about popularity and fame etc are so sound and grounded. 

@randomlee I couldn't help but re-read your post again & again. You exactly said my impression of HB through the years. He's a very genuine and sincere man. These are the qualities that made me stick by him. Yes, it's a given that he's handsome and tall, but, there are other actors like that too. For me, what sets him apart and makes him special are these qualities. Thus it pains me to read in a blogspot this weekend comments maligning his character. I highly doubt if they're really HB admirers (w/c they purportedly claim), because if they really are, how come they don't recognize these qualities about him. HB doesn't do cheap gimmicks and media-play just to drum up attention.

... P.S. Thanks a lot for your painstaking efforts in translating articles. So grateful for your generosity.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, firstaid said:

Hi @rori0711. Your statement makes me so happy and hopeful. I'm glad you're so open-minded to still support HB's upcoming drama even if you're not a Binjin shipper. I wish many would have your attitude as well.

hello @firstaid nice to meet you. Thanks for the kind words. My friends over at Hyunshin thread are supporting CLOL quietly :) 

It's called courtesy & respect. It's easy to show to people i like but what about those whom I'm not fond of? Still, not a reason for me to speak ill nor bring them down. I just shut up if I don't have positive thing to say about them. I always have a choice and I choose to show respect in this age where people fosters negativity and self gratification without consideration for others but themselves. I appreciate talent and most esp a person's character. ;)

As a longtime HB fan, I too have at times not been a fan of his co-star, but I still faithfully and religiously watched and supported the movie/drama because HB was in it. I trusted that because HB was in it, I wouldn't be disappointed. True enough, in the end I really liked them.

I feel you. Had I let my preconceived ideas rule and didnt supported my bias based on his/her partners, I lost big time :sweatingbullets: I lost the opportunity to appreciate good talent & personality. 

• Like 1

He is smart, humble and honest. These are the qualities that made me remain a fan of his after all these years. I fell in love with him at first in Sam soon and then Secret Garden and then he went to the army and as a fan i was worried about his career for a while but then i would watch him, see the way he would handle every win or failure, and knew he would be alright. When he started gaining success again with movies like Confidential assignment and the drama i knew it wouldn't be long for him to find his balance again and now i KNOW he will stay around a long time and keep working on awesome projects. I hope all the success on this new drama.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

These latest Esquire pics released through VAST are so awesome! Look at that jawline! Really love this tanned look :wub:

I posted my frank views about comments (in koalaplayground’s Esquire post) re him saying “cheesy things” at his recent Esquire interview in the Crash Landing of Love thread. As a fan of Hyunbin, I feel those comments re him engaging in media play are so uncalled for.

My focus is only Hyunbin. I will watch anything with him in it and will enjoy his good acting without being bothered as to who the co-star is haha...and am really looking forward to Crash Landing of Love tbh..it’s been a long time since I look forward to a drama so badly :lol: coz I miss Hyunbin in a romance project. Became a fan after Secret Garden (though I did get busy with life’s commitments after that and didn’t catch up with his news or watch many kdramas after that). So I do miss him in a romance role haha..and he may not have many years left to do this type of role. Am eagerly looking forward to Crash Landing of Love. The cast in this drama is so strong- there are so many actors and actresses that I like - Son Yejin (love the way she speaks), Seo Ji Hye, Oh Man Seok, just to name a few.

• Like 2

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Yarned Goodness

Welcome back to another installment of For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take time out of the week to curate a set of photos from the K-pop landscape.

With summer in retreat, wardrobes are to be revamped once again. The cozy allure of autumn is just around the corner, bringing with it comfortable sweaters and knit ensembles that can be stylized in a myriad of ways. Hyunbin’s dapper yarn sweater shows-off his charms while Joy’s playfulness is reflected in her choice of a cardigan over a crop-top. Doyoung’s kaleidoscopic (and classy) pullover may be a far cry from Kim Go-eun’s sweater paws but they exude the same autumnal warmth. Enjoy the following pictorials, preferably with a steaming cup of coffee:

20190824_seoulbeats_hyunbin.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : seoulbeats

• Love 1

6 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi xlodvnava, I usually visit this link but IDK if this can be of help to your question - :P

https://www.facebook.com/withHyunBin/

https://www.instagram.com/withhyunbin/

Oh thanks for the additional resources of anything HyunBin ^^. Am trying to look for his schedule in the future though. Usually they have it on their official websites but Vast Ent doesn't have that on theirs. :(