Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

@willenette and @wintertimes So glad that there are positive reactions w/ the confirmation. Judging from the IG & twitter posts so far, many are excited. Though the confirmation took a long time, the wait was worth it... My admiration and respect for HB grew leaps. He's really a man of his word. When he said in the Negotiation promos that he wanted to work w/ Son Yejin in a melo or romcom genre in his next project, he really followed this through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firstaid said:

@willenette and @wintertimes So glad that there are positive reactions w/ the confirmation. Judging from the IG & twitter posts so far, many are excited. Though the confirmation took a long time, the wait was worth it... My admiration and respect for HB grew leaps. He's really a man of his word. When he said in the Negotiation promos that he wanted to work w/ Son Yejin in a melo or romcom genre in his next project, he really followed this through.

Hi firstaid It is a rom-com so expect the CUTE scenes here. This isn’t the first time Hyun Bin is playing a North Korean – he did so in the movie, “Cooperation.” (Confidential Assignment). :P

• Insightful 1

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi firstaid It is a rom-com so expect the CUTE scenes here. This isn’t the first time Hyun Bin is playing a North Korean – he did so in the movie, “Cooperation.” (Confidential Assignment). :P

Hi there too. Yup, I've watched Confidential Assignment 2x to be exact) and I super love HB there. I just hope it wouldn't be too cutesy though. Just enough to not make the drama too serious, but not too much that makes it silly already. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 1:53 PM, wintertimes said:

yes .. good news for us - Fans for Hyun Bin 

we get to see him in Drama 

plus Romantic Drama with Son Ye-jin

I think they make good couple and will definitely have the best chemistry..

CAN'T WAIT !!

:relaxed:

Hi wintertimes, I'm happy that they'll work together in a drama soon. I wish them all the best!  Fighting Hyun Bin! :P

The 14 Best K-Drama Rom-Coms Of All Time

With the scent of summer in the air and the anticipation of a fun-filled summer up ahead, it’s the perfect time to binge watch some classic K-drama rom-coms to get you into that summer romance feel. Rom-com dramas, when done right, are the best kind of genre to watch.

They make you feel good, tug at your heartstrings, and totally have you a believer in love. All aspects that we can dig, right? There’s obviously been a lot of rom-coms out there in the K-drama world, but very few earn the title of being the best of all time. Here’s a look at 14 of those titles (in no particular order).

Warning: Minor spoilers ahead.

6. My Lovely Sam Soon

This one is another Hyun Bin drama, but it’s also one that can’t be missed! “My Lovely Sam Soon” stars Kim Sun Ah as Sam Soon, a pastry chef who gets a job at a gourmet restaurant that Hyun Jin Hoon (Hyun Bin) owns. After a series of unfortunate events, Sam Soon and Jin Hoon make a contract to be in a fake relationship.

kim-sam-soon.jpg

It’s a classic love story with a trope that we’re all familiar with. It has the same kind of vibe as the Hollywood movie, “Bridget Jones’s Diary” as it deals with a female protagonist who is self-conscious about her appearance and has had terrible luck when it comes to men. It’s witty, humorous, and the character, Sam Soon is so relatable! The two main leads start off despising each other, but then they start to fall in love. It’s a heart-warming love story and it will make you a believer in true love!

sam-soon.gif

Start watching “My Name Is Kim Sam Soon”:

Watch Now

2. Secret Garden

Ah, the popular body swapping K-drama trope. Like “Full House,” the idea of the main leads swapping bodies in a series was not really that popular nor used that often at the time. So when Kim Joo Won (Hyun Bin) and Gil Ra Im (Ha Ji Won) swap bodies halfway throughout the series, people were surprised but found it pleasantly charming.

secret-garden.png

This series is one of the best rom-coms of all time because of the ever so talented Hyun Bin and his arrogant but oh so romantic character. He was able to portray Joo Won in a way that made him so lovable despite his love for money and designer tracksuits.

secret-garden1.jpeg

We also can’t forget Ha Ji Won and her fangirling character, Gil Ra Im. It was hilarious to see her obsess over her idol, Oska (Yoon Sang Hyun). It made the relating to the female lead part pretty easy to do!

Start watching “Secret Garden”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*** I was able to watch his latest movie, "Rampant" - Although, the movie is polished, but I feel that “Rampant” is reluctant to commit fully to the intriguing originality of its premise. What I like about the movie is that the film tells its story at a faster pace. There was quite a lot to like with ‘Rampant.’ This was the first time that I saw Jang Dong Gun portray a villain but I really was not surprised that he was given a major chunk of the story. Prince Ganglim (Hyun Bin) gets the only resemblance of a character arc, as he must learn to grow out of his immature ways and accept his responsibilities towards his people. The film managed to incorporate some dramatic elements to “Rampant” as the prince came to terms with his destiny to take the throne. All in all, the movie had great production value and practical effects that worked. You’re here to see people slash and dash their way through waves of zombies – and that’s exactly where “Rampant” excels at. They are still as terrifying as you’d expect, and the film doesn’t shy away from gore. What sets the movie apart is its use of the time period. The production designs are exquisite, with grand sets for the towns and the palace, and elaborate traditional costumes that transport you back in time. You still get badass sword-wielding warriors taking down a swarm of zombies wearing “hanbok” clothes, and blockbuster-style battle scenes in grand set pieces. ‘Rampant’ still emerges as a rather fun and highly enjoyable variation on the Asian zombie genre that has plenty to like about it. :P

• 2 weeks later...

***I've watched this drama & I didn't remember he was in it. :P

Lee Si Eon Shares Old Photo With Hyun Bin On 10th Anniversary Of His Debut

6dd0c25715454c5fb5d5508ae65ce4e5.jpeg?s=

Lee Si Eon rang in the 10th anniversary of his debut with a fun blast from the past!

On June 27, the actor took to Instagram to share his thoughts on his special day. Posting an old photo of himself and his friend Hyun Bin from 10 years ago, Lee Si Eon wrote, “Today is the 10th anniversary of my debut. Thank you so much to everyone who congratulated me.”

He continued, “I find myself looking back at the past [10 years]… and worrying if I’m doing well. I will work even harder in the future!”

Lee Si Eon then explained that the photo was taken behind the scenes of his first-ever drama “Friend, Our Legend,” which he filmed with Hyun Bin back in 2009.

“This photo is of me and Hyun Bin, my very first same-age celebrity friend, from my debut drama ‘Friend, Our Legend,'” he wrote. “Once again, thank you, and thank you again.”

Lee Si Eon most recently appeared in JTBC’s “Welcome to Waikiki 2” and tvN’s “Abyss.”

If you haven’t already seen it, you can check out the first episode of “Welcome to Waikiki 2” with English subtitles below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 3:06 PM, firstaid said:

Hi firstaid, thanks for sharing the link. Seo Ji Hye is the 2nd female lead in this upcoming drama. I find her gorgeously beautiful! I watched her in "Black Knight" with Kim Rae Won. I enjoyed her performance. She was also in Heart Surgeons..... & acted as the female lead there. :P

• Like 1

Seo Ji Hye Joins Hyun Bin And Son Ye Jin In New Drama From Writer Of “The Legend Of The Blue Sea”

7be4b5ea2797468483d021c4cd911aa8.jpeg?s=

Actress Seo Ji Hye is the next to confirm for the upcoming drama “Crash Landing of Love” (tentative title), joining Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, who signed on as the drama leads this past May.

The drama is a highly-anticipated one, being the next work of writer Park Ji Eun, who previously penned “The Legend of the Blue Sea” and “My Love From the Star.” Joining the drama in the director’s seat is Lee Jung Hyo, whose previous works include “Good Wife,”

“Life on Mars,” and “Romance Is a Bonus Book.”

“Crash Landing of Love” is about a wealthy South Korean heiress named Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin) who, while paragliding, is forced to make a crash landing in North Korea due to high winds. North Korean officer Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin) hides and protects her, and in doing so, starts to fall in love.

Seo Ji Hye will be playing the role of Seo Dan, an aspiring musician who grew up in North Korea in opulence. Her mother is the owner of a high-end department store in Pyongyang, and her father is a high-ranking government official. Though she boasts both wealth and beauty, she is an intelligent woman who relies more on her own skill and ability to advance in life.

Seo Ji Hye has previously appeared in dramas such as “Black Knight,” “Don’t Dare to Dream (Jealousy Incarnate),” and “Heart Surgeons.”

Though the timing of the premiere is still under discussion, previous reports have tentatively stated that the drama will be airing in November.

credit : soompi news

• Thanks 1

seo ji hye to join son ye jin + hyun bin in new drama

Seo Ji Hye has been cast in Crash Landing of Love. She plays a budding North Korean musician whose father is a high-ranking North Korean military officer, and her mother the owner of the poshest department store in Pyeongyang. She is basically the North Korean equivalent of Son Ye Jin’s chaebol heiress – both arguably part of society’s elite in their respective country.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/07/04/seo-ji-hye-to-join-son-ye-jin-hyun-bin-in-new-drama/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 9:36 PM, elizabeth said:

Hyun Bin was recently spotted at his stylist’s wedding. Also, attended by Shin Min Ah and Gong Hyo Jin.

Credits: binnielovers, hyunbinluv

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

*** Kim Jung Hyun is part of "Crash Landing of Love" - (tentative title). He will take on the role of Goo Jun Hee, a young and rich businessman. :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, peggygordon said:

Today Hyun Bin flew to Guangzhou for received Watson HWB Award 2019.

Credit to Owner IG

Hi peggygordon, thanks for sharing the airport departure pictures. I wonder what beauty brand/product will win here. What award will HB receive, huh? Last year awarding was also held in Guangzhou. :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi peggygordon, thanks for sharing the airport departure pictures. I wonder what beauty brand/product will win here. What award will HB receive, huh? Last year awarding was also held in Guangzhou. :P

It's for most popular Watson Award.

Please vote also, even we know he already get the highest voting.

• Like 3
  • Love 1