Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

Cooperation (Korean Movie)

Mutual Assistance-a00.jpg
magnify-clip.png

• Movie: Mutual Assistance (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Gongjo
  • Hangul: 공조
  • Director: Kim Sung-Hoon
  • Writer:
  • Producer: Yoon Je-Kyun
  • Cinematographer:
  • Release Date: 2016
  • Runtime:
  • Language: Korean

Plot

An unofficial cooperative investigation between South Korea and North Korean takes place for the first time.

Notes

1. Filming begins early 2016.

Cast

http://asianwiki.com/Cooperation_(Korean_Movie)

Hyun Bin to star in action flick ‘Cooperation’

Updated : September 22 2015
(OSEN)

Actor Hyun Bin is returning to the big screen with “Cooperation,” directed by Yoon Je-kyoon, his agency O& Entertainment said Tuesday. 

The action-packed movie centers on the first unofficial inter-Korean investigation, with 10 billion won ($8.5 million) already invested into the production. 

Director Yoon, famous for “Ode to My Father,” has been working on the film over the past four years. 

Hyun Bin will play the role of a North Korean detective, ending his two-year hiatus.

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201509221430056182173_2

Edited by Gilian
  • Like 3

Cooperation (Korean Movie)

magnify-clip.png

• Movie: Mutual Assistance (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Gongjo
  • Hangul: 공조
  • Director: Kim Sung-Hoon
  • Writer:
  • Producer: Yoon Je-Kyun
  • Cinematographer:
  • Release Date: 2016
  • Runtime:
  • Language: Korean

Plot

An unofficial cooperative investigation between South Korea and North Korean takes place for the first time.

Notes

1. Filming begins early 2016.

Cast

http://asianwiki.com/Cooperation_(Korean_Movie)

Hyun Bin to star in action flick ‘Cooperation’

Updated : September 22 2015

(OSEN)

Actor Hyun Bin is returning to the big screen with “Cooperation,” directed by Yoon Je-kyoon, his agency O& Entertainment said Tuesday. 

The action-packed movie centers on the first unofficial inter-Korean investigation, with 10 billion won ($8.5 million) already invested into the production. 

Director Yoon, famous for “Ode to My Father,” has been working on the film over the past four years. 

Hyun Bin will play the role of a North Korean detective, ending his two-year hiatus.

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201509221430056182173_2

Hi Gilian, thanks for sharing this great news. Also, thanks for sharing some details about the movie. Wahhh............bring it on! I missed him on the screen. Wow....so excited to see HB back on screen. I hope the storyline is good. Looking forward in watching this one. Wait - I'm curious who will be his female partner here, huh? :P

• Like 2

New promo pic of HYUN BIN for UNIQLO F/W 2015

CPZQBpiUkAALMWN.jpg

New promo pic from MEDIHEAL

CPbtsXHUEAAgBnU.png

New promo pic of Hyun Bin for ROGATIS F/W 2015

CPfysa8UAAAo4fn.jpg

So nice to hear that Binnie will be back with new movie project..I was hoping that he will be back with new drama project..But i guess it's still a good news for all Binnie lovers..Wish him all the best and good luck for his upcoming movie project :)

Edited by ilwoo_aein
  • Like 2

Hyun Bin confirmed for first movie in 2 years

CPfbPKuUYAAd8s-.jpg

Actor Hyun Bin has been confirmed for the movie ‘Cooperation’ (working title), which will mark his comeback to the big screen after two years following ‘The Fatal Encounter.’

‘Cooperation’ will tell the story of a first-ever unofficial cooperative investigation between South Korea and North Korea. Hyun Bin will take on the role of North Korean investigator Im Chul Ryung, and he will not only deliver his lines in dialect, but will also be involved in high difficulty action scenes.

Kim Sung Hoon PD of ‘A Wonderful Moment’ will direct, and filming will begin in early 2016.

By: Alvin
Copyright: KpopFighting

Edited by ilwoo_aein
  • Like 2

more articles for HB comeback

CHUNGMURO/FILM NEWS
Hyun Bin to headline action blockbuster movie
by girlfriday | September 22, 2015

HyunBin1.jpg

I’m not surprised that Hyun Bin is headed back to the big screen, since his last dramaHyde, Jekyll, Me was a disappointment on many fronts. Just don’t go away forever, okay? I do like the idea of him headlining an action blockbuster this time, and getting away from the same old chaebol hero type we’ve seen him do so much of. He’s signed on to star in the new movie Alliance as his next project, an action thriller about a secret undercover investigation unit between North and South Korea.

The new film comes from producer Yoon Je-kyun of the heartwarming family epic Gukje Market/Ode to My Father, and director Kim Sung-hoon of My Little Hero. It’s about an unofficial North-South investigative unit, and the description remains vague on what exactly they’d be investigating. Spy-on-spy crime? Murders along the DMZ?

Hyun Bin has been cast to play a North Korean detective in the hidden organization, and will be tackling a North Korean dialect as well as intensive action sequences for the role. I’m looking forward to the darker action thriller lead for him, because if he’s anything like Hot Jeongjo in Fatal Encounter, count me in. Or yunno, we could just do a sequel to that movie, Even More Fatal Encounter. That would make my day.

Alliance plans to start shooting in early 2016, for a release later that year.

Via DongA

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/09/hyun-bin-to-headline-action-blockbuster-movie/

Hyun Bin Chooses His Next Film Project

BY Julie Jones | Sep 22, 2015 

Hyun Bin
(Photo : KDramaStars)

Hyun Bin has chosen his next project. He will star in a new action film titled "Cooperation." 

The movie's story focuses on an unofficial investigation involving North and South Korea. According his agency, O& Entertainment, Hyun will play North Korean defector Lim Cheol Ryung.

It will be Hyun's first film in two years and his second film since completing his two-year mandatory military duty. In 2014 Hyun played the Joseon era ruler King Jeongjo in the film "The Fatal Encounter." King Jeongjo faced multiple assassination attempts during his reign. The film did well at the box office, selling more than three million tickets.

In 2014 he also played a man with dissociative identity disorder in the drama "Hyde, Jekyll and Me."

According to the Korean media outlet Korea Times, Yoon Je Kyun will direct the film. Yoon directed the disaster film "Haeundae" in 2009, produced the sci-fi film "Sector 7" in 2011 and was responsible for the box office hit "Ode To My Father" in 2014. Yoon has been working on "Cooperation" for the past four years.

"Cooperation" will begin filming in 2016 and about $8.5 million has already been invested in the film's production.

Hyun Bin is best known for his roles in the romantic comedies such as "My Lovely Kim Sam Soon" with co-star Kim Sun Ah and "Secret Garden" with Ha Ji Won. But he appeared in a few films too, including "Daddy Long Legs," "A Millionaire's First Love," "Late Autumn" and "Come Rain, Come Shine" and some of his roles show a different side of him.

Hyun earned critical acclaim for playing a sociopath in the gangster film "Friend, Our Legend." He also appeared in the English language film "Late Autumn." He co-starred with Chinese actress Tang Wei, playing a man on leave from prison, who in a short time helps to transform her life. It was the highest grossing Korean film released in China, earning more than $9.5 million over two weeks. The Hollywood Reporter praised his work in that film saying that, "It is Hyun who impresses more for not underplaying the dandy, narcissistic side of his personality."

Are you happy that Hyun Bin has chosen a new project?

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/98250/20150922/hyun-bin-chooses-his-next-film-project.htm

MOVIES

Hyun Bin cast as North Korean in new film 'Cooperation'

September 22, 2015 

hyun-bin_1442932139_af_org.jpg

Get ready to see actor Hyun Bin on the big screen!  The actor is confirmed to hold hands with "10 million KRW (~ 9,000 USD) director" Yoon Jae Kyun as the lead in the new film, 'Cooperation.'

His agency revealed on September 22, "Hyun Bin is confirmed to appear in action blockbuster movie 'Cooperation,' produced by Director Yoon Jae Kyun, as his next production."

The movie centers on an unofficial joint-investigation between South and North Korea with a film production cost of 10 billion KRW (~ 8.5 million USD)!  In the movie, Hyun Bin will be the protagonist, a North Korean investigator named Lim Chul Ryung, so he will need to not only study up on the North Korean dialect but also brush up his action skills.

This is his first return to the screen in two years!  Filming will begin early next year.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/09/hyun-bin-cast-as-north-korean-in-new-film-cooperation

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

more articles for HB comeback

CHUNGMURO/FILM NEWS
Hyun Bin to headline action blockbuster movie
by girlfriday | September 22, 2015

I’m not surprised that Hyun Bin is headed back to the big screen, since his last dramaHyde, Jekyll, Me was a disappointment on many fronts. Just don’t go away forever, okay? I do like the idea of him headlining an action blockbuster this time, and getting away from the same old chaebol hero type we’ve seen him do so much of. He’s signed on to star in the new movie Alliance as his next project, an action thriller about a secret undercover investigation unit between North and South Korea.

The new film comes from producer Yoon Je-kyun of the heartwarming family epic Gukje Market/Ode to My Father, and director Kim Sung-hoon of My Little Hero. It’s about an unofficial North-South investigative unit, and the description remains vague on what exactly they’d be investigating. Spy-on-spy crime? Murders along the DMZ?

Hyun Bin has been cast to play a North Korean detective in the hidden organization, and will be tackling a North Korean dialect as well as intensive action sequences for the role. I’m looking forward to the darker action thriller lead for him, because if he’s anything like Hot Jeongjo in Fatal Encounter, count me in. Or yunno, we could just do a sequel to that movie, Even More Fatal Encounter. That would make my day.

Alliance plans to start shooting in early 2016, for a release later that year.

Via DongA

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/09/hyun-bin-to-headline-action-blockbuster-movie/

Hyun Bin Chooses His Next Film Project

BY Julie Jones | Sep 22, 2015 

(Photo : KDramaStars)

Hyun Bin has chosen his next project. He will star in a new action film titled "Cooperation." 

The movie's story focuses on an unofficial investigation involving North and South Korea. According his agency, O& Entertainment, Hyun will play North Korean defector Lim Cheol Ryung.

It will be Hyun's first film in two years and his second film since completing his two-year mandatory military duty. In 2014 Hyun played the Joseon era ruler King Jeongjo in the film "The Fatal Encounter." King Jeongjo faced multiple assassination attempts during his reign. The film did well at the box office, selling more than three million tickets.

In 2014 he also played a man with dissociative identity disorder in the drama "Hyde, Jekyll and Me."

According to the Korean media outlet Korea Times, Yoon Je Kyun will direct the film. Yoon directed the disaster film "Haeundae" in 2009, produced the sci-fi film "Sector 7" in 2011 and was responsible for the box office hit "Ode To My Father" in 2014. Yoon has been working on "Cooperation" for the past four years.

"Cooperation" will begin filming in 2016 and about $8.5 million has already been invested in the film's production.

Hyun Bin is best known for his roles in the romantic comedies such as "My Lovely Kim Sam Soon" with co-star Kim Sun Ah and "Secret Garden" with Ha Ji Won. But he appeared in a few films too, including "Daddy Long Legs," "A Millionaire's First Love," "Late Autumn" and "Come Rain, Come Shine" and some of his roles show a different side of him.

Hyun earned critical acclaim for playing a sociopath in the gangster film "Friend, Our Legend." He also appeared in the English language film "Late Autumn." He co-starred with Chinese actress Tang Wei, playing a man on leave from prison, who in a short time helps to transform her life. It was the highest grossing Korean film released in China, earning more than $9.5 million over two weeks. The Hollywood Reporter praised his work in that film saying that, "It is Hyun who impresses more for not underplaying the dandy, narcissistic side of his personality."

Are you happy that Hyun Bin has chosen a new project?

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/98250/20150922/hyun-bin-chooses-his-next-film-project.htm

MOVIES

Hyun Bin cast as North Korean in new film 'Cooperation'

September 22, 2015 

Get ready to see actor Hyun Bin on the big screen!  The actor is confirmed to hold hands with "10 million KRW (~ 9,000 USD) director" Yoon Jae Kyun as the lead in the new film, 'Cooperation.'

His agency revealed on September 22, "Hyun Bin is confirmed to appear in action blockbuster movie 'Cooperation,' produced by Director Yoon Jae Kyun, as his next production."

The movie centers on an unofficial joint-investigation between South and North Korea with a film production cost of 10 billion KRW (~ 8.5 million USD)!  In the movie, Hyun Bin will be the protagonist, a North Korean investigator named Lim Chul Ryung, so he will need to not only study up on the North Korean dialect but also brush up his action skills.

This is his first return to the screen in two years!  Filming will begin early next year.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/09/hyun-bin-cast-as-north-korean-in-new-film-cooperation

Hi MAROSA, thanks for sharing more news about his upcoming movie. I guess "Alliance" is the title of the movie, huh since "Cooperation" is just the working title. Looking forward to see HB in this action film, which he will showcase very advanced stunts in this action movie. I'm excited to see HyunBin on the big screen again. :P

• Like 2

*** It will be interesting to have HB play something other than a “chaebol” character. HB’s performances in “Late Autumn, Come Rain Come Shine & Friends Our Legend’ were unforgettable. When people talk about him, his looks always comes first & never the acting. He’s a good actor. He’s also good on action movies. I love these movies but I don’t think they are very popular films – But, I’ll watch anything – I mean, just about anything – for Hyun Bin. I’ve enjoyed most of his dramas. I need to see him in a new rom-com drama. But, I’m glad he’s back on track on the big screen. Good luck, HB! :P

• Like 2

September 23, 2015

Hyunbin To Make Film Comeback As North Korean In "Cooperation"

Hyunbin To Make Film Comeback As North Korean In

Hyunbin fans can look forward to the upcoming new movie "Cooperation". The actor is planning to make his big screen comeback through the project.

Hyunbin will be teaming up with hit-making director Yoon Jae-kyun in this action blockbuster, where he will play the protagonist, a North Korean investigator named Lim Chul-ryung. The movie is said to have a budget of 10 billion won, circling around the story of an unofficial joint-investigation between the two Koreas.

Filming is expected to start early next year.

credit : KBS WORLD

• Like 2

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! 

현빈 오빠 생일축하합니다  :)

Hi, thanks for the reminder - Though late, it's better late than never at all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Hyunbin! I hope you have a year without regrets. :P

Netizens discuss their favorite male leads

Fans fall in love with Korean dramas for the popular actors and the storylines of the dramas, but also because of their beloved characters. Although there have been a multitude of great dramas with wonderful characters in the past few years, a recent post on Instiz discussed several recent fan-favorite characters who are still in the hearts of fans long after the run of their respective dramas.

(skipped unrelated.....)

14. Secret GardenKim Joo Won
z14

source : koreaboo

Edited by willenette
  • Like 2

Happy 34th Birthday Hyun Bin ssi~ Stay healthy and be happy!

생일 축하합니다 현빈  ! 항상 건강하시고 행복하세요! :wub:

UNIQLO 2015 F/W CF

Pic update from UNIQLO: Hyun Bin and Lee Jong Hyuk

12081270_411966602335734_1229290430_n.jp

Pic update from ROGATIS!

CPpeIigUcAEeTke.jpg

Edited by ilwoo_aein
  • Like 3