Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

JS1n2Ta.jpg

lZmOZf7.jpg

VGsKmOx.jpg

CdgEoST.jpgnxqu6zv.jpgKP0Yy4S.jpg

Sq8eaW6.jpgyyvWN6X.jpg

Liam Neeson Joins Korea’s ‘Operation Chromite’ As General MacArthur

BUSAN — Liam Neeson is play the role of U.S. Army General Douglas MacArthur in “Operation Chromite” (a.k.a. “Incheon Landing Operation”), a Korean-made blockbuster set during the Korean War of the early 1950s.

The film is to be produced by South Korea’s Taewon Entertainment. It will be directed by Lee Jae-han, and scripted by Lee Man-hee, who both have war film experience with hit “71: Into the Fire”.

Although Chinese movies are increasingly incorporating Hollywood talent, it is rare in Korea. Neeson has had a career revival following box office success with “The Grey,” “Taken,” “Battleship” and “The Lego Movie.”

“Operation Chromite” focuses on the heroic Korean troopers who carried out the covert “X-ray” operation that preceded the Incheon landing operation in the Yellow Sea. The landing shifted the momentum of the Korean War.

“We plan to go into the production in late September with a production cost of 15 billion won (US$12.62 million),” Taewon boss Jeong Tae-won told news agency Yonhap. He expects to hold a promo event on Sept. 15, the anniversary of the Incheon Landing.

A company spokesperson told Variety that “Operation” is preparing to start shooting in the second half of this year, aiming to release it in the first half of 2016. Production will take place in South Korea, with Neeson flying in for filming.

Other roles have not been cast, though top stars Lee Jung-jae (“Assassination”), Hyun Bin (“The Fatal Encounter”) are known to have received the script for the role of the leader of the South Korean intelligence unit. Another, Lee Beom-su (“The Beauty Inside”) is being considered for the role of the North Korean elite officer.

http://variety.com/2015/film/asia/liam-neeson-joins-koreas-operation-chromite-as-general-macarthur-1201568354/

Edited by Gilian
  • Like 2

any news for his comeback?

Nazkurd, just like you, I'm also awaiting for his next project, in Korea & another drama that is! In case, he prefers to do a movie next, it's fine as long as we could get to see him soon on the screen again. :lol:

Marosa, thanks for sharing the update. Can't wait to see him. :D

• Like 1

Guest erminda2671

It would be really great if Liam Neeson known as a good hollywood actor and Hyun bin work together it would be a great work of art and  i would be looking forward to see it,hoping it would be relase worldwide. Goodluck,Hyun bin i hope it woud open an opportunity for him to be recognize internationally.

OMG GUYS!!! is that real?? finaly!! i truly hope he will take it i know the ther guy is famous as well but i want hyun bin to take it aswell!! he deserves it he went to marines AND he speaks english sooo he os the right one for the role pls take it 

• Like 3

Guest Mysuhocheonsa

HB's birthday is coming up on Sept 25th! If you'd like to send him a greeting card, here's the new address:
11885203_1188308291198026_19663666771861
c as taggged

Hi. Are you sure if this address correct? It's his work address? I'm checked on Google it's looks like home. 

Hyu Bin K2 F/W 2015

Hi, thanks for sharing the photos.To be honest, HB is handsome but there were captures here that he looked haggard.

I feel like he's kinda tired. But, there are great captures of him. HB is still & will always be exciting for me. He's so fun to look at. :P

Hyu Bin K2 F/W 2015

Hi, thanks for sharing the photos.To be honest, HB is handsome but there were captures here that he looked haggard.

I feel like he's kinda tired. But, there are great captures of him. HB is still & will always be exciting for me. He's so fun to look at. :P

Yeah he looks tired n rugged, but manly n handsome as always :D

More pic

TEFe80g.jpg

Fr: Seo Jeong

Edited by Gilian

http://www.ischoolguide.com/articles/21872/20150813/liam-neeson-general-macarthur-operation-chromite.htm

Liam Neeson To Play General MacArthur in ‘Operation Chromite’

Liam Neeson will reprise the role of General MacArthur for the Korean War film, "Operation Chromite."

Liam Neeson
(Photo : Pablo Cuadra l Getty Images Entertainment) Liam Neeson

Liam Neeson is set to play the Korean war hero General Douglas MacArthur in the South Korean action film, "Operation Chromite", The Hollywood Reporter confirmed on Wednesday.

Like Us on Facebook 

According to THR, Taewon Entertainment already announced that the war film will be released on June 25 next year, in time for the anniversary of the Korean War. 

Korean director John H. Lee, with a Korean name Lee Jae-Han, is on board for "Operation Chromite." The film will be written by Lee Man-Hee. John H. Lee and Lee Man-Hee had already previously worked together on another Korean war film entitled "71: Into The Fire", which had gained raving reviews from critics and starring K-pop star TOP of Big Bang.

As published in RTE Ten The Entertainment News, "Operation Chromite" was the codename for the Battle of Inchon which began on September 15, 1950, shortly after the Korean War broke out. 

The surprise attack were brought in by the UN Forces that landed in South Korea with a mission to drive away the North Korean army. It was considered as a turning point for South Korea against the communist North Korea.

"Operation Chromite", THR confirmed, will start filming during the second half of 2015. Taewon Entertainment also confirmed that the Korean cast for the war film is yet to be chosen.

But in an article published at Korean website Korea JoongAng Daily on June 11, Korean actor Hyun Bin is rumored to be part of "Operation Chromite." Hyun Bin is best known for his works in television including "My Name Is Kim Sam-soon" (2005) and "Secret Garden" (2010-2011). The Korean actor has served voluntarily in the Marine Corps from 2011 to 2012. 

"Operation Chromite" will be produced on an estimated budget of 12 billion Korean won, which is approximately $12 million, making it one of the most expensive Korean productions of all time.

Currently, the film holding the title of being the most costly local production of all time is Bong Joon Ho's "Snowpiercer," which featured Chris Evans and Tilda Swinton. It is also a rare local production that stars a major Hollywood celebrity

• Like 1

Hyun Bin ssi attends Mediheal Myeongdong flagship store grand opening/fansign today..He looks gorgeous as always..But i guess he needs to cut his hair now..It's too long hahaha..'Kim Joo Won hairstyle' or 'Robin hairstyle' suits him the most :) Anyways, i love these pics the most because Hyun Bin ssi is looking at us! :D 

CM6bbpTUcAAS1gT.jpg

909425_191205_360.jpg

53447aea0d06add7c36bc16b37f4f06a.jpg

Edited by ilwoo_aein
  • Like 2

Hyun Bin makes you wish it was winter in photoshoot for K2 Outdoorwear

1bea255a-7b71-4a38-ad39-c409c135ed14.jpg

Summer is quickly coming to a close, and I was just sitting here lamenting the oncoming cold — that was until I saw Hyun Bin modeling these hot winter coats in his latest photo shoot for K2 Outdoorwear!

Wintertime does have its advantages, including our favorite oppas, like Hyun Bin, looking extra warm and cuddly in warm layers. 

82164eda-f149-497b-b114-dbc2a1fc7cd1.jpg

a1362571-7589-4409-bed3-7cb07485ddba.jpg

f583c84d-5c3f-4a87-9d53-4d77c7eef824.jpg

Does Hyun Bin have you saying "Bring on the cold!"? And what do you think about his longer hair?  

credit: dramafever

South Korea's 4 public property actor Hyun Bin Gong Yoo So Ji Sub Kang Dong Won

2015-2-28 

7KZbhv1.jpg

http://www.qhtv.cn/a/72917-1.html

http://en.boyouti.com/f/36177.html

Sung Yuri talks about her 'failed' drama 'The Snow Queen' on 'Healing Camp'

April 28, 2015 @ 7:04 am

Sung-Yuri_1430186086_af_org.jpg

Just because a top star or great actor is in a drama doesn't guarantee a hit series, and hopefully actress Sung Yuri knows that too! On the April 27th episode of SBS' 'Healing Camp', MC Sung Yuri had some healing time on her own with her close friend and fellow actressJung Ryeo Won

Sung Yuri talked about how if a drama she is starring in does poorly in ratings, she feels like it's her fault. She talked about her 2006-2007 drama 'The Snow Queen', which she starred in with Hyun Bin.

She said, "At 7am in the morning when ratings come out, I become an 'offender'. When [my drama] had a single digits rating for the first time, it was with Hyun Bin. It was 'The Snow Queen'. When the ratings first came out, it was around 7 or 8%. Nowadays that can happen, but back then if ratings were that low, the drama was a complete fail," she said as she laughed. She continued, "The reason was me. The director and Hyun Bin did so well, and I thought it was all my fault. I became a sinner."

SEE ALSO: Sung Yuri emanates mature, sophisticated charms for 'InStyle'

We hope Sung Yuri doesn't blame herself anymore! Have you seen the drama 'The Snow Queen', and if so, were the ratings justified or was it underrated?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/04/sung-yuri-talks-about-her-failed-drama-the-snow-queen-on-healing-camp

• Like 1

Male Netizens Pick Top 20 “Coolest” Korean Male Celebrities

The List 2015,” for last week and the week before last, featured lists of female celebrities, as voted on by Korean netizens: the 30 hottest K-celebrity females and the 30 “most beautiful faces” among Korean female celebrities.

This week, the show decided to switch it up, and took things from an entirely male perspective. This week, males voted for the top 20 “coolest Korean male celebrities.” A separate vote was also done by women, and you can see the disparity between the two lists, and the few guys that were voted on by both males and females.

Here are the top 20 “coolest” Korean male celebrities, as voted by 2500 men ranging from ages 20 to 59.

13. Hyun Bin

credit : soompi news