Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

Guest mariannerebucan

Another Poll topped by Binnie again :w00t:

Best 7 actors who are liked by foreign fans

Source : Secret Garden Korean Drama FB via Showbiz Korea

Showbiz Korea ask their foreign viewers to take part in a survey via the Arirang TV website, and they chose their favorite....

Hyun Bin emerged as the winner... Here are the complete list and the link to the website

showbiz korea via youtube

Hyun-Bin-Jang-Geun-Suk-Jung-Ji-Hoon-Bi-Rain-sondage-Arirang-TV-320x200.png

1. HYUN BIN

2. Jang Geun Suk

3. Rain

4. Park Yun Chu (JYJ)

5. Won Bin

6. Si Won (SJ)

7. Lee Min Ho

Congratulations Binnie, it goes to show that you have a very strong and loyal fan base :wub:

The_Joker sneaks in like the silent ninja

ko_9.jpg

Survey: Foreign fans pick favorite Korean actors

By JONATHAN M. HICAPJanuary 17, 2012, 12:40pm

MANILA, Philippines – Arirang TV held an online survey among its foreign viewers and asked them to pick their favorite Korean actors.

Topping the list is actor Hyun Bin, who is described by Arirang TV as an “actor with a thousand faces.”

Hyun Bin started as an actor in Korea in 2003 but it was his role in the hit drama series “My Name is Kim Sam Soon” that brought him fame.

In 2010, he starred in “Secret Garden” which also became a hit and brought him numerous acting actors. Last year, Hyun Bin enlisted in the Korean military and is expected to be discharged in December this year.

Following Hyun Bin is young actor and singer Jang Geun Seuk. He started as a child actor in Korea in 1997.

Jang Geun Suk is best known for his role as a band leader in the drama “You’re Beautiful.” Last year, he released a single in Japan, which debuted at No. 1 spot on the Oricon chart.

Asian pop star Rain is third on the list. He is one of the few Korean stars who have successfully crossed over from singing to acting. He also debuted in Hollywood through the film “Speed Racer” in 2008. He enlisted in the Korean military last October.

Fourth on the list is Yoochun of boy band JYJ. Yoochun made his acting debut in 2005 through the TV series “Rainbow Romance.” In 2010, he starred in “Sungkyunkwan Scandal,” which won him the best new actor awards in the KBS Drama Awards and in the 47th Paeksang Arts Awards. Last year, he starred in “Miss Ripley.”

“Sungkyunkwan Scandal” will be aired in the Philippines this year on ABS-CBN.

Next on the list is Won Bin, who debuted in Korea in 1997. Won Bin became a household name through the drama “Autumn Fairy Tale,” which became a hit in Asia including the Philippines.

In 2010, he starred in “The Man from Nowhere,” which won him several best actor awards in Korea.

Following Won Bin is heartthrob Siwon, member of boy band Super Junior. Siwon is one of the most popular members of the boy band.

He made his debut as an actor in 2004 through the drama “Precious Family.” He got his leading role in 2007 through the drama “Legend of Hyang-dan.”

In 2010, he starred in “Oh! My Lady” and “Athena: Goddess of War” and last year, he starred in “Poseidon.”

The No. 7 most favorite Korean actor on the list is Lee Min Ho. He is best known for his starring role in the hit drama series “Boys over Flowers” in 2009.

The drama made Lee Min Ho a household name and brought him numerous endorsement deals.

In 2010, he starred in “Personal Preference” and last year, he essayed the leading role in “City Hunter,” which will also be shown in the Philippines this year on ABS-CBN.

Source:  http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/348335/survey-foreign-fans-pick-favorite-korean-actors

Latest news Seoul Music Awards 2012 dated January 19, 2012

That Woman - Secret Garden OST, singer Baek JiYoung had won an award. 

Actress 

Kim Hee Seon (born 1977) was on a recent episode of Taxi where where she revealed that her mother-in-law is a fangirl of Hyun Bin and Won Bin. Apparently when Binnie enlisted in the Marines she almost cried...ahahaha. Happy lunar new years all!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jesse12

Thanks lyra for the Late Autumn script :wub: :wub:. Some HB related news.

Late Autumn will be playing at the New York Korean Film Festival:

10th NEW YORK KOREAN FILM FESTIVAL (NYKFF) @ BAM Rose Cinema

Friday, February 24 - Sunday, February 26 The Korea Society presents the 10th New York Korean Film Festival with new releases showcasing the popular and prolific in Korean film. In cooperation with partners BAM Cinématek and CJ Entertainment, this 10th festival features blockbusters, cutting-edge action, drama, and comedy at BAM Rose Cinema.

New York Korean Film Festival will present the following films:

photo221467.jpg

"Late Autumn - 2010" (Manchu) 2010

FRIDAY, February 24, 6:50 pm

Directed by Kim Tae-yong. With Hyeon Bin and Tang Wei. Anna is on her way to Seattle to attend her mother's funeral on a special weekend release from prison, where she is serving time for killing her abusive husband. On the bus, she meets Hoon, a "companion for hire" for lonely, older women. Both are running away. This is a remake of the famed 1961 film with the same title directed by Lee Man-hee. A co-production of South Korea, China, Hong Kong, and the United States, "Late Autumn - 2010" was shot completely in English in Seattle. 113 min.

Source: hancinema.net

Hyun Bin’s old photo ID flutters the hearts of his fans

20120208_hyunbin_11.jpg

An older photo of actor Hyun Bin has fans singing his praises.

The above photo surfaced through an online community site on February 8th with the title, ‘Even his photo ID makes my heart race‘.

Although it was just an photo ID, Hyun Bin’s handsome features stood out enough to shift fans’ focus from his bright red track suit. His short and sporty hairstyle only added to his masculine charm, and the overall college athlete look melted the hearts of girls everywhere.

I want to keep this photo in my wallet,” netizens wrote, along with “Looks like the indifferent, bad boy athlete type“, and more.

Hyun Bin is currently fulfilling his military obligations as a Korean citizen and is scheduled to be promoted on March 1st.

Source & Image: IlganSports via Nate via allkpop.com

Have a great weekend, everyone :D

Guest mariannerebucan

Noticed that Soompi has a new look. Gosh! I missed this thread so as Binnie.

He will be soon released from his MS, surely time flies fast, and I hope by then, the leaders of the society will also

come out, right RoZ, RoX, Serenity? tsk tsk tsk.... :P

hello there Lyra and Jes and Gayeeee!

Got some news from Secret Garden FB

Jang Dong Gun talked about Hyun Bin during the interview last month.

419332_252639101477038_101483916592558_581578_2022920514_n.jpg

Hyun Bin is a friend of many advantages. I've been watching him since he was young and he has greedy side (in acting) and greatly eager to do in acting.

However, he doesn't express his desire while acting or in daily life, but he always control inside by himself and pull them out in a good way.

After he discharge from the military, you may see him in the movie. He is also thirsty in films. Especially he was really in thirsty after he finished 'My Lovely Samsoon' drama.

At this time, I saw Hyun Bin for the first time and came to a meeting at the end of the year. Strangely I've had so much affection for Hyun Bin who was very shy like reminding me of myself when I was young. Jang Dong Gun was heard that they both have similarities between them and said, "Ah….Binnie may not like it." and laughed.

The_Joker sneaks into the thread *booh*!!! scared you off eh.

Sorry been away for so long...so many things happened....but I do drop in now and then to take a peek.

Yup, time sure quickly passes by, miss ya gals too.  Hugs to MiSChA, awesomely lyra for sharing Late Autumn, Jesse12, Ann, GaYeee, RoX, and the rest.  Btw HB's Come Rain Come Shine and I Am Happy are in store.  I was so shocked heh,,,,and quickly bundled them up w00t.gif.  Operations 2013 stalking Hyun Bin is on for The_Joker mwahahahaha phew.gif.  

Anyhoo below are some news from our namja:

20110220170034878e7_170440_0.jpg

Sweet smiles indeed...making me toothache.

032823589_0252537753a0a8aea50bec10a3d57fee4b3194e6ef52862cf.jpg

Sharing some news from Indonesia.

Okezone Celebrity Jan 21, 2012

Jakarta - Yahoo! Indonesia access 10 Korean artists who gathered the most attention during 2011.  Based on the polls received from okezone, Hallyu wave has swept the whole world including Indonesia in which Korean artists have become very popular here.

Korean artists have a lot of fans in Indonesia.  

5. Hyun Bin

Late Autumn film starring Hyun Bin and the beautiful Chinese actress Tang Wei, where the film was premier in Seoul on Feb 1st.  This is a remake romantic film from 1966 Korean film titled Full Autumn.  Hyun Bin also had starred in the film called I Love You, I Love You Not which was premiered on March 3rd.  These were his two last films before his enlistment into the marines.

Full article - http://celebrity.oke...populer-di-2011

Sidomi News - Feb 9, 2012

Hyun Bin came at no. 3 based on best actor from a polls held in France.

vote.jpg

Full article - http://sidomi.com/64...as-di-perancis/

Guest mariannerebucan

Did I wake you up RoZ? I hope I did not.... :phew:

But I'm really glad you popped out just in time after me calling you.... perfect timing!

Just kidding, miss u girl! Lyra thanks for the update, Gayeee! and Jes too.

I am currently hooked to the drama "WILD ROMANCE"  I don't know if it's just me but I can't help but notice that this guy, actually, really really looked like Hyun Binnie.... what do you think loonies? Well but of course Binnie is the handsomest :lol:

180px-Hong_Jong_Hyun.jpg20120208_hyunbin_11.jpg

Hello my Dear Buddies!wub.gifwub.gif

Still trying to be around for our Binnie and you loonies... Missed you all dearies... My hugs to Mischa, Rozzz, Jesse, Serenity, Roxxx, tn77056... Thanks Lyra for sharing Autumn, Mwahzwub.gif Thanks guys for sharing....

Mischa, haven't watched WR yet. But since you mentioned it, I will have to check it out for you, (I mean the guy)  lollaugh.gif...

... Actually, I'm bored, got nothing to watch. I got hooked with Padam Padam (you should watch it)  and it's done and now I'm missing Binnie so badly tears.gif

Chinese actress Tang Wei reveals, “Hyun Bin acts too cool around people”

20110216_hyunbin_tangwei_1.jpg

Chinese actress, Tang Wei, has recently revealed some interesting info about actor Hyun Bin‘s personality.

According to a Chinese media outlet Tang Wei spoke about Hyun Bin during a press conference for the movie, ‘Manchu‘, in Beijing.

“When I first met Hyun Bin, I was a little overwhelmed by his presence.  However, after getting closer to him from filming, we became good friends.”

She continued, “Hyun Bin usually acts too cool around people. I wanted to get rid of this image of him. I wanted him to be more like himself.”

The actress then told a funny story involving her photoshoot with Hyun Bin. “During a photoshoot, we had to face each other and I playfully pulled on his chin [to kiss]. He was very startled and glared at me afterwards.”

Tang Wei’s movie, ‘Manchu’, revolves around the love story between a woman who was imprisoned for seven years (Tang Wei) and a runaway man (Hyun Bin).

Source + Photos: My Daily via Naver

Guest mariannerebucan

Gayeee, since you're bored maybe you should try Scent of a Woman too... I will watch Padam Padam since it's highly recommended by you. By the way I'm done with Lie to Me, and yeah I kinda notice that KJW is so girlish..... I enjoyed that drama too.

I also missed Binnie.... He was featured in Han Cinema's News just now.... Below is the article (let's go straight to Binnie's part)

2012 Discharges Comebacks

Han Cinema News

photo222298.jpg

In December is actor Hyeon Bin. He voluntarily joined the Marines in March last year. Several commercials and advertisements were shown even after he was gone and he was continuously exposed during his military life. He is one of the most looked-forward-to stars once he is discharged.

hyunbin850vj.jpg

On February 13, SBS‘s “Good Morning” examined perpetual habits of celebrities during interviews through an analysis of past interviews captured on camera; celebrities examined for this segment include Jang Dong GunHan Ye SeulKang Dong Won and Jung Ryeo Won, among others. 

According to research, it was revealed that Jang Dong Gun often fills the gaps in his speech with “Uh… uh,” while when Han Ye Seul is dumbfounded or deep in thought, she’d say “mm.. mmm.” The behavioral scientist that participated in the show segment commented that people who often exercise discretion or are careful about what they say typically act in such ways.

In addition, it was revealed that during interviews, Jung Ryeo Won would often stare at the ceiling, Lee Bum Soo touch his right ear, Kang Dong Won touch his nose and Lee Min Woo brush his bangs. Regarding these behaviors, the scientist noted that people tend to touch their faces when they are caught off guard or surprised.

It turned out that Hyun Bin actually has two habits – filling his cheeks with air and staring longingly at the interviewer. Regarding the staring, the scientist suggested that it was Hyun Bin’s way of showing respect.

The show also featured celebrities such as Kim Ha Neul who has a tendency to blink repeatedly, figure skating darling Kim Yuna who sticks out her tongue, and Jung Joon Ho, who tends to shake the hands of everyone he meets.

Do you have any habits when you are speaking to someone? Share with us in the comments section!

Source: Star News via Naver

Hello Buddies!wub.gifwub.gif

Can't wait for Binnie's returnsweatingbullets.gif

Mischawub.gif I started watching WR and I love it. Two more episodes and it's completely over, too bad! I'm so addicted to it. This is what I get in missing Binnie, hahaha! Okee girl, I'm going to watch SOAW... Thanks for the updatebiggrin.gif

Hugggs to all loonies out there!!!

′Hyun Bin-mania′ Sweeping Across Stations

2012-02-20 17:01

l  

CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung

Translation Credit :Ju Ahn Lee  

′Hyun Bin-mania′ is picking up steam across broadcasting stations in preparation for his upcoming release from his mandatory military service. Hyun Bin enlisted in the Marine Corps in March 2011 and will complete his military service by December 6, 2012.

Accounting for his remaining military leave, Hyun Bin should be able to consider drama projects by the end of November and look forward to making his comeback early next year.

In preparation for his return, drama production officials are working hard to get in touch with Hyun Bin′s agency.

82711130.jpg

One drama official said, "Even projects that were scheduled for earlier this year have thought about changing production dates to the spring of next year after hearing news of Hyun Bin′s return. That′s the kind of interest Hyun Bin is garnering from the networks. A production starring Hyun Bin would not only be popular in Korea, but in all of Asia as well. The genre won’t matter due to his immense popularity, and different projects are vying for his services."

Recently, several popular ‘Korean Wave’ stars have finished or will finish their military service. Earlier this year, Lee Joon Gi completed his military service and returned to the silver screen, with Lee Dong Gun returning in March, followed by Kim Nam Il in July and Kang Dong Won in November.

Furthermore, many dramas experienced casting hardships due to a shortage of male actors in the past year; however, that issue should be remedied by the end of the year with the return of some big name actors such as Hyun Bin.

Another drama official said through a spokesperson, "Jang Dong Gun, who shares the same agency with Hyun Bin, will make his silver screen comeback with A Gentleman′s Dignity. The drama will be produced by Shin Woo Cheol and written by Kim Eun Sook, the same two who worked with Hyun Bin in Secret Garden. As such, Hyun Bin met with Jang to offer some advice during his military leave. Once he is done with his mandatory service in the Marine Corps, Hyun Bin should be better able to portray a more diverse cast of characters."

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan

Guest mariannerebucan

Gayeee! I'm glad you liked it, but I was more glad with that news on Binnie...

I was trying to dig for more updates on Binnie, but I wasn't lucky enough. I guess my skills are not that good anymore....

Sure time flies really fast, he's not even discharged and yet there's a lot of offers coming out....

Oh by the way, have you noticed Binnie's look-a-like?

I missed him so bad.... could not even dig a blowfish photo (his favorite habbit)....

29m0lyc.jpg

Hi there Mischa! Binnie's blowfish for you my dearwub.gif... he's so adorable! Yes, time flies so fast and I can't wait for his big time dramas and movies. So who do you think his lead actress this time? Oh well, I'm looking forward... really excited to see him againsweatingbullets.gif

And girl, OMGosh! I know what you mean. Yup! I agree they resemble in ways. They have common qualities or features that couldn't be explained. Why is that huh? So far they're both hot!biggrin.gif Let us enjoy them, lollaugh.gif

227100_215116618517203_179642925397906_821711_5762729_n.jpg

*** Group hugs to all loonies! Fighting Girls!

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif 

Guest jesse12

Hugs to gaye and Mischa! Thanks for all the news and updates :wub: :wub:. Haha, I can't believe they actually mentioned blowfish!Binnie in an article ("filling his cheeks with air") :lol: 

bb1dm.jpg

Hihi, I'm missing someone else too, looking at this picture

bb8fa.jpg

bb3zim.jpg

bb11ov.jpg

:Dbb10f.jpg

TjFuSg.gif

Have a great day, everyone :D

Guest mariannerebucan

You are so supportive Gayeeeee.... to my surprise, I got my wishes granted.... :wub:You're much faster than I though Gaye, just finished ep13-14 yesterday....

Jes is in the house too... missed you girl... and that one blowfish you posted reminds me of Rox...  I know she's just around lurking... :lol:

I want us to get out of this page (1452), we've been here for such a long time already. We all missed Binnie, don't we? so here's some photo to refresh ourselves

This is from Samsung smart TV ad

56472737201104160950014291501910164004.jpg

I hope you all still remember the suit and the clothes....

56472737201104160950014291501910164005.jpg

56472737201104160950014291501910164006.jpg

During the Samsung Smart TV 3D launching. It was a success by the looks of it even with the absence of the main star

94947478330f85fc453de95f37bc416317c0829.jpg

During 15 days, the store "Samsung d'light" held a launch event for the video "Hyun Bin Secret Home"

with the participation of many fans and the result was a huge success.

The first 200 guests will receive a DVD "Hyun Bin Secret Home", So five hours before the main event,

a lot of fans began to line up outside, a long wait, this proves that the Hyun Bin's effect is still very high.

In this main event, the appearance of Hyun Bin on the big screen was very attractive,

provoked a lot of screams from fans.

Displayed on the screen as the scenes and NGs of ads with Samsung Smart TV 3D,

Hyun Bin with his smiles and dimples,his familiar exaggerated blowing gestures with his cheeks, ..

.all the cheering applauses from many audiences anytime, anywhere.

There was also the auction of the clothes, shoes, coats that Hyun Bin was wearing

during the filming of that commercial.

94766697f0cbf1d487a472d9858cecdcb4312c8.jpg

article : Viki.com

Guest jesse12

YAY!! We're finally on a new page (Mischa, you got your wish, hihi :D). The headline for this article is a bit ridiculous, so let's just enjoy the pictures  :P

Hyun Bin’s dark (embarrassing) history? He shot a TV series only wearing a swimsuit in 2003

February 25, 2012 1:30 am hannacha

2012022415452241008_1.jpg

Some pictures of actor Hyun Bin playing in KBS 2’s drama series Bodyguard which closed in 2003 are wondering in the Internet again, becoming an issue.

On February 24, a posting titled, “Hyun Bin-Lee Se Eun. I was never told of their dark history,” was uploaded on an online community board.

The pictures within the posting were posters for the TV series Bodyguard, and Lee Se Eun and Hyun Bin are posing only in their swim suits.

Netizens who saw the posting comment: “Hyun Bin looked good in the past too. He has a great body.” “Indeed, it’s his dark history.” “Refreshing.”

Hyun Bin debuted as an actor through the series Bodyguard in 2003, and he played a stalker of Lee Se Eun in the series.

Source: Starnews via http://www.asia-e.com/hyun-bins-dark-embarrassing-history-he-shot-a-tv-series-only-wearing-a-swimsuit-in-2003/

Guest mariannerebucan

New page indeed Jes... at long last... hiihihihi! Many thanks to Lyra :)

and Jes too for the updates.... Yeah I agree he has a great body.

Got no updates for now, just feel the need to bring this thread to the first page.... hihihi! :lol: