Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

4 Things We Loved And 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Of “Crash Landing On You”

8e611aad9f454b1f94f13a6dfe4543fe.jpeg?s=

If you’re like me, you were probably squealing out of excitement when word got out that Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin were going to be cast as the main leads of a new K-drama “Crash Landing On You.” It was exciting for many reasons. One of the reasons being that the writer of this K-drama had also written many other mega-hits that you might be familiar with. Remember “My Love From the Star” or “The Legend of the Blue Sea“? Yes, she’s a big deal writer who writes great scripts which is why everyone was understandably so excited. Another reason to be excited was the fact that it would be Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin’s second time reuniting in a drama within the past couple of years.

“Crash Landing On You” tells the story of Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin), who accidentally stumbles into North Korea (via parachute) and meets Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin), who is a North Korean soldier. Se Ri tries to escape but fails to do so, which causes her to end up running into Jung Hyuk again. Not wanting word to get out that there is a South Korean girl in North Korea, Jung Hyuk, alongside the help of some other soldiers, agrees to help her escape to South Korea. From here ensues the romance part of this romantic comedy.

crash-landing-on-you5.jpg

Keep reading to see what I thought of the premiere of “Crash Landing On You”!

Warning: Minor spoilers for the premiere episodes ahead.

Spoiler

1. LOVED: Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin together

Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin starred in the movie “The Negotiation” together and their chemistry was so hot in the movie that there were even rumors that they were an item. We were low-key kind of hoping it was true. Just look at how perfect the two look together:

son-ye-jin-hyun-bin3.jpg

It isn’t until the end of the first episode that we get a real glimpse into their chemistry. Ri Jung Hyuk saves Yoon Se Ri from being caught by a North Korean soldier and while he holds her, the two lock eyes. It’s at this point you start to feel all the butterflies and excitement of their intense chemistry that will hopefully only grow as the series continues. Exciting, right?

son-ye-jin-crash-landing-on-you.gif

hyun-bin-crash-landing-on-you.gif

2. HATED: Most of the first episode

Hated is a strong word. I wouldn’t even say I disliked the first episode, but it did take until the ending of episode one to really get sucked into the storyline. Yes, the story needed to be set up and background information needed to be set, but it wasn’t that interesting and I almost just couldn’t wait for the two main leads to fall in love.

crash-landing-on-you.gif

3. LOVED: The OST

When the emotionally charged OST accompanied the budding romance between Ri Jung Hyuk and Yoon Se Ri, everyone’s hearts fluttered a little. It’s really no surprise that this K-drama has a killer OST already. With the likes of 10cm’s “But It’s Destiny” and the soothing vocals of Ra.L singing “You Are a Star,” we were all really spoiled by the music.

Have a listen to 10cm’s “But It’s Destiny”:

4. LOVED: Hyun Bin’s romantic side and Hyun Bin in general

When Hyun Bin shows his romantic side in a K-drama, it’s so easy to fall head over heels for him. It has happened countless times throughout his K-drama career and it looks like there’s no stopping him in this drama.

In episode two, Se Ri proclaims that she’s hungry and Jung Hyuk makes her a meal – OUT OF SCRATCH.

hyun-bin-crash-landing-on-you2.gif

And the moment that I’m sure really stole the hearts of many was when Jung Hyuk brings Se Ri a candle after she asks him if he has any aroma candles lying around his house.

crash-landing-on-you.png

To add to this overwhelming amount of sweetness, Jung Hyuk also brings Se Ri a few bags of things she might need while she stays at his house. And while it is really sweet to be thinking about her, when they reveal the extent to which he goes through to get her everything, we really can’t help but swoon.

crash-landing-on-you-1.pngcrash-landing-on-you-2.png

If this is just a taste of what Hyun Bin’s character is going to be like throughout the series, I think we’re going to be in some trouble.

On another note, can we just marvel at how perfect Hyun Bin looks as a soldier?

hyun-bin-crash-landing-on-you1.gif

5. LOVED: Kim Jung Hyun’s return

Kim Jung Hyun’s appearance as the incredibly wealthy Goo Seung Joon in the first two episodes of the drama was not long, but it was definitely impressionable. He makes a great chaebol, doesn’t he?

kim-jung-hyun1.jpg

Kim Jung Hyun had taken some time off due to some health problems and his fans were awaiting his return. When news hit that he would be starring alongside Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, people were pretty excited. And although it’s still a bit unclear as to what his role will entail in the series, let’s hope his character is one we can eventually fall in love with!

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hyun Bin And Son Ye Jin Pretend To Be A Couple In “Crash Landing On You”

454ff9d7a3864f9483d78388665101b5.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” has revealed stills of Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin) and Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) getting awfully cozy with each another while surrounded by their North Korean neighbors.

Spoilers

Spoiler

In the previous episodes, Yoon Se Ri made a surprise landing in the demilitarized zone between South Korea and North Korea due to a paragliding accident and met Ri Jung Hyuk. In an effort to find her way back home, she moved in the direction she thought was south, but ended up reaching North Korea. There, Ri Jung Hyuk hid her in his place, and the two of them began to form a deeper connection. At the end of the second episode, North Korean soldiers suddenly began checking the houses in the neighbor for suspicious people and found Yoon Se Ri in Ri Jung Hyuk’s house while he was away. Ri Jung Hyuk then made his appearance and introduced Yoon Se Ri as his fiancée in front of his neighbors.

The newly revealed stills show Ri Jung Hyuk and Yoon Se Ri doing their best to appear like an actual couple. The sudden romantic mood between the two raises questions as to whether or not they will succeed in getting themselves out of the risky situation.

hyun-bin-son-ye-jin3.jpgcrash-landing-on-you-neighbors.jpg

In other photos, Yoon Se Ri confidently faces the neighbors who are surrounding the pair as if they’re interrogating them (top photo). Will Yoon Se Ri be able to overcome all of these obstacles with her quick wits?

The third episode of “Crash Landing on You” airs on December 21 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I just finished ep 4,  and really like   the performance of HB.   He's not only  very handsome  but also talented. Cannot take  my eyes off him, I love  every scenes with him in it.   How can I wait till next Sat?

:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hyun Bin working hard at the set of Crash Landing on You. :wub:

O3jutTu.jpg

5YwukQo.jpg

0Ylx2zV.jpg

More pics of Hyun Bin and Uri

Ri Jeong Hyeok

Spoiler

5afy0Wf.jpg

1HUBhrc.jpg

Wt7biJq.jpg

nH9E4YE.jpg

aY4bZk2.jpg

kfcmrzZ.jpg

On 12/23/2019 at 12:23 AM, Vanna said:

I just finished ep 4,  and really like   the performance of HB.   He's not only  very handsome  but also talented. Cannot take  my eyes off him, I love  every scenes with him in it.   How can I wait till next Sat?

:dissapointed_relieved:

Agree with you totally. I knew I would be impressed with his acting but I hadn’t count on him making me love Jeong Hyeok this much! Ri Jeong Hyeok is now officially my favorite Hyun Bin character! While I impatiently wait for Saturday to come, I fear more about the end of the drama haha... I want to see Jeong Hyeok for a long, long time. I am trying to limit myself to just one re-watch per episode so that I can rewatch many times again after the drama ends whenever I miss seeing Jeong Hyeok.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

@KimSooHanMoo I can't wait till the drama ends.  All the whole week,  I find myself replay all   his scene and Son Ye Jin  coutlessly.

I'm U40 and feel very lucky that  I still fall in love with someone   in small screen. There was one  time   when I easily love  main guy  from hot dramas,  but hardly feel that way when you are middle  thirties and  overloaded by tons of daily mundanes. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ways Hyun Bin Makes Viewers Swoon In “Crash Landing On You”

Ways Hyun Bin Makes Viewers Swoon In “Crash Landing On You”

Who else is mesmerized by Hyun Bin’s character Ri Jung Hyuk in “Crash Landing on You” these days?

The tvN series is about a wealthy South Korean heiress named Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) who is forced to make an emergency landing in North Korea during a paragliding trip. There, she meets North Korean officer Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin).

Hyun Bin has been receiving enthusiastic support from viewers for his role as Ri Jung Hyuk, a North Korean officer who values principles. He may seem cold and hard on the outside, but he has a soft spot for Yoon Se Ri.

Spoiler

Here are a few reasons he has captured hearts so far:

A man who doesn’t forget easily

In the second episode, Yoon Se Ri kept calling RI Jung Hyuk to ask for items she needed, like shampoo and body wash. He coldly responded to her, but he later surprised her by buying her everything she asked for.

Also, in the fourth episode, Yoon Se Ri showed her determination to return South Korea by saying, “Let me have espresso at a cafe in Gangnam next week.” Ri Jung Hyuk remembered that and made coffee for her by directly purchasing coffee beans at the market. As such, Ri Jung Hyuk is electrifying the small screen with his incredible ability to remember all the details of Yoon Se Ri’s trivial remarks.

hyun-bin-2.jpg

A man who shows unexpected jealousy

Ri Jung Hyuk may seem indifferent and calm, but when it comes to Yoon Se Ri, he is unable to hide jealousy. Previously, Ri Jung Hyuk naively assumed Yoon Se Ri was in love with him because she had thrown a “finger heart” at him. However, she showered the other soldiers with “finger hearts” as well, which deeply upset him and made him feel confused.

In addition, Ri Jung Hyuk exploded with anger when Yoon Se Ri mentioned that her meeting with Goo Seung Jun (Kim Jung Hyun) was fate. His outbursts of jealousy never fail to bring delightful laughter.

hyun-bin-3.jpg

A man who knows how to protect

Ri Jung Hyuk is making hearts flutter with his superhero actions. Whenever Yoon Se Ri is in danger, he is there to save her. When Cho Chul Gang (Oh Man Seok) doubted her identity, Ri Jung Hyuk introduced her as his fiancée, and when she got lost in the market, he purchased a scented candle to find her.

At the end of episode six, Ri Jung Hyuk appeared on a motorcycle to save her from a military truck, which sparked a fierce gunfight. Swoon-worthy moments like this have viewers anticipating every episode.

hyun-bin-4.jpg

“Crash Landing on You” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST, but it took a temporary hiatus this past weekend.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1375306wpp/ways-hyun-bin-makes-viewers-swoon-in-crash-landing-on-you

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I'm trying to prepare my heart for what's to come knowing that HB is very good friends with JJM & JDG. :( 

But so far, i'm enjoying CLOY so much and i want to focus on that. I'm shipping him so hard with Ye Jin though... oh well. Let's hope for the best! :)

*** According to Nielsen Korea, the January 12 episode, which was last night of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 11.3 percent and a peak of 12.6 percent, marking its highest viewership ratings to date. "Crash Landing on You" is an awesome drama! I love Hyunbin's character in the drama. :lol:

• Love 2

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 6-12, 2020

dramaratings_2.jpg

And, as always, the weekend shows came in strong. After being pre-empted last week, Crash Landing on You returned to much love — 11.3 percent. With the series only halfway in, it looks like it may only go up from here.

Saturday, Jan. 11      
Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life 57 KBS 18.4%
Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life 58 KBS 23.1%
No Second Chances 41 MBC 7.1%
No Second Chances 42 MBC 8.7%
No Second Chances 43 MBC 8.1%
No Second Chances 44 MBC 9.2%
Stove League 9 SBS 15.5%
Chocolate 14 JTBC 4.2%
Crash Landing on You 7 tvN 9.4%
Sunday, Jan. 12      
Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life 59 KBS 24.0%
Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life 60 KBS 26.5%
Crash Landing on You 8 tvN 11.3%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-jan-6-12-2020/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

*** “Crash Landing on You” has released a new BTS video!  Hyun Bin always looks so sexy in my eyes. I love it when they put their arms around each other’s back. This drama is good. Love the chemistry between the two. :lol:

Video credit : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 3

*** Na Young-hee made a special appearance in "Crash Landing on You" out of loyalty to writer Park Ji-eun.  She appeared in the drama as the wedding shop owner who helps Ri Jeong-hyeok (Hyun Bin) and Seo Dan (Seo Ji-hye) with their wedding plans. It was a short appearance. They met in (3) dramas : "My Love from the Star", "Producers" and "The Legend of the Blue Sea" .  :lol:

photo1142440.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hyun Bin’s Agency To Take Legal Action Against Malicious Rumors

Hyun Bin’s Agency To Take Legal Action Against Malicious Rumors

Hyun Bin’s agency has announced that they are taking legal measures to deal with the spread of malicious and false rumors about the actor.

On January 14, VAST Entertainment released a statement through their official social media account. It reads, “Hello, this is VAST Entertainment. The agency is currently collecting evidence of false facts and malicious rumors in order to protect our artists’ rights and interests. We ask fans to directly send us information if they come across malicious rumors about our artist. Thank you.”

Other actors at VAST Entertainment include Lee Jae Wook and Kim Yoon Ji.

Hyun Bin, who is currently starring in the tvN drama “Crash Landing on You,” has been swept up in dating and marriage rumors twice with his co-star Son Ye Jin. They are known to be close friends and addressed the rumors directly in their press conference for the drama.

Source (1)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

https://www.soompi.com/article/1377023wpp/hyun-bins-agency-to-take-legal-action-against-malicious-rumors

• Like 2

*** HB & SYJ really have good chemistry together. This drama is good. :lol:

Hyun Bin, Son Ye Jin, And More Show Great Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of “Crash Landing On You”

7b98be31513049c08a2a2791f0b4c9a3.jpeg?s=

On January 14, tvN released behind-the-scenes photos from “Crash Landing on You” that capture the friendly atmosphere and passionate acting of the actors on set.

The drama has maintained strong viewership throughout its run, topping programs aired during its timeslot, and it achieved its highest ratings yet during its January 12 broadcast with a peak of 12.6 percent.

In the photos, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin make each other laugh before giving all of their attention to the monitor to review their acting. The actress also shares a moment with her co-star Kim Sun Young as they walk through the make-believe North Korean market.

Crash-Landing-on-You_21.jpg

“Crash Landing on You” airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 9 p.m. KST.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

9 Times Hyun Bin Made Our Hearts Flutter In “Crash Landing On You” So Far

cd7c25c65d4d4210b97fe802ac50c2d4.jpeg?s=

It’s no secret that Hyun Bin as Ri Jung Hyuk has been stealing our hearts in the mega-hit series “Crash Landing on You.”

Are you forreal? GAH.

hyun-bin-crash-landing-on-you.gif

His manly charm and intense gazes have been giving viewers some serious butterflies and it’s been so painful to wait every week for new episodes. As the series is now halfway over, it’s the perfect time to pay some respect to all the times Hyun Bin made our hearts flutter thus far. Granted, it’s been pretty much any time he’s on screen, but these moments were extra heart-fluttering.

Warning: minor spoilers for the drama below.

Spoiler

When Hyun Bin cracks a smile after first seeing Son Ye Jin

Hyun Bin plays Ri Jung Hyuk, the proper and very handsome North Korean soldier. He is the first to stumble across Yoon Se Ri, played by Son Ye Jin, when she accidentally paraglides into North Korea. Although he’s not all too pleased by her flirtatious demeanor, it is later shown in the epilogue that he is somewhat taken by her.

hyun-bin-crash-landing-on-you.pngson-ye-jin-crash-landing-on-you.png

It’s obvious that he is smitten with her from the start and falls in love with her at first sight! This added scene at the end of the first episode was the icing on top of the cake, knowing that he’s been interested in her from the very beginning!

The scented candle

When Yoon Se Ri realizes that she might have to spend more than a day in North Korea, she’s obviously got some demands. She can hardly stand being away from her beloved skincare products, shampoo/conditioner, and of course, her scented candles.

This is why she asks Jung Hyuk if he has any of them on hand in his house – which he obviously doesn’t. He seems annoyed, but later that night he shows up with a bag full of various skincare products, shampoo, conditioner, and lets her choose from the batch. This guy is a total keeper! He also brings her the scented candle. He’s willing to do basically anything for her and we’re loving it.

hyun-bin-crash-landing-on-you1.gif

crash-landing-on-you.png

When Jung Hyuk acts like Yoon Se Ri’s bodyguard

Yoon Se Ri and Jung Hyuk get to Pyongyang via train and he refuses to let her out of his sight. He’s so protective of her and keeps a constant watchful eye on her. So when Goo Seung Joon (Kim Jung Hyun) scurries off with Yoon Se Ri into an elevator, Ri Jung Hyuk is quick to stop him from taking her away.

crash-landing-on-you-hyun-bin.jpg

Hyun Bin as Ri Jung Hyuk in uniform is all I thought we needed, but then when this scene where he’s being so protective over Yoon Se Ri came up, it made him even more irresistible. What is it about a knight in shining armor that makes people feel so warm inside?!

The candle

While Yoon Se Ri is trying to adjust to her temporary life in North Korea, one of the things she also tries to get used to is the blackouts. Se Ri finds herself in the middle of a crowded marketplace when there is another blackout. She finds it overwhelming to deal with and has memories of being alone. But just when she’s about to break down, Ri Jung Hyuk shows up in the middle of the crowd, holding a candle.

son-ye-jin-crash-landing-on-you.gif

hyun-bin-crash-landing-on-you2.gif

hyun-bin-crash-landing.gif

Up until this very point, there are SO many hints Jung Hyuk has given us that he’s totally interested in Se Ri but is in denial. So when he shows up with this candle right when Se Ri is desperate for some light, it’s hard not to be overcome by emotions, especially with the way he looks at her!

When Hyun Bin ties her hair

Jung Hyuk encourages Se Ri to tie her hair up in order to fit in with the other ladies in the community. Although Se Ri wants to leave her hair down, Jung Hyuk informs her that it’s a sign of wealth and class for a woman to tie her hair.

crash-landing-on-you.gif

Jung Hyuk is adorable not only for providing a hair tie for her but for doing it himself. How sweet is it seeing him tie her hair so gently?!

The motorcycle scene and risking his life for her

Ri Jung Hyuk comes up with a backup plan to ensure that Se Ri gets on the flight going back to South Korea. Just when things couldn’t get more complicated, a mysterious someone tries to kill Se Ri. When Jung Hyuk comes and rescues her, he blocks her with his own body as she is about to get shot.

crash-landing-on-you1.gif

Seeing Jung Hyuk ride off behind Se Ri on the motorcycle was heartstopping, to say the least. As he reminisces on how he promised her that he would get her back home no matter what, it’s enough to make anyone’s heart skip a beat. Especially with the added effect of that amazing OST, “Flower” by Yoon Mi Rae, it was all just too much to handle.

THE kiss.

After Jung Hyuk wakes up from his operation, he immediately gets upset upon seeing Yoon Se Ri. He realizes that she had not taken the flight back to South Korea, and out of anger, he tells her that she’s being a burden. But after hearing from the doctor and nurse that she had not stopped crying because of him, he gets out of bed to find her outside. He apologizes to her and they make up with a kiss.

crash-landing-on-you2.gif

Although this heart-fluttering scene doesn’t involve just Hyun Bin, you could really sense the love welling up in his heart in the way he gazes into Son Ye Jin’s eyes. Every word from his apology to the kiss is so heartfelt. This also marks the start of their relationship, which we’re obviously rooting for.

The lengths in which Ri Jung Hyuk rescues Yoon Se Ri

Se Ri is whisked away by Goo Seung Joon and, not wanting Jung Hyuk to find out about Se Ri’s whereabouts, tells Jung Hyuk not to look for her. Seung Joon then proceeds to propose to Se Ri and tries to convince her that her feelings for Jung Hyuk are not real. Meanwhile, Jung Hyuk is doing everything in his power to try and find Se Ri despite having just been shot. He fights off bodyguards and goes through a lot of obstacles in order to find the woman he loves.

And as if he couldn’t get any more hotter, when Yoon Se Ri tells him that she doesn’t want to see him anymore, he doesn’t put up a fight or acts crazy. Instead, he asks her if she means it, tells her not to cry anymore, and simply leaves.

The most selfless K-drama leading man ever.

hyun-bin-crash-landing-1.gif

hyun-bin-crash-landing-2.gif

hyun-bin-crash-landing-11.gif

Who looks this good after having just been shot and after having fought off several bodyguards?

The hug.

After Yoon Se Ri fakes breaking up with Jung Hyuk, she quickly regrets her decision and chases after him in Goo Seung Joon’s car. She gets out of the car once she sees him and tells him that she’ll drive him home. What ensues is the most warm and heart-fluttering hug ever.

crash-landing.pngcrash-landing-1.png

We all needed this hug.

credit : soompi news

Spoiler