Too old for anime/manga/games?

Guest tokiiox

Guest monkeyshinobi

19, and i've been loving anime/games since my childhood. Probably will still love it once i'm in my 20s. I do notice how I watch less and read less and play less video games...but that's because of school T.T 
I didn't become an avid fan of anime/manga until I was 12. I loved Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and DBZ since I was at least 5/6 and same with video games.

My mom asked me that once. "When you get older will you stop watching/playing with these things?"
My answer was, of course...negative. I've watched about 100 anime series/movies/OVA and I don't think I'll ever stop. It's like, a part of my lifestyle. And I have learned a lot of things from them. I don't really read manga, because I hate reading them online. But I'll start my own manga collection one day. Games too. I'm a fan of Final Fantasy and I even play them now, after years of discovering them. I also plan to play Pokemon with my boyfriend.

Guest melancholista

I'm 22.
I'm not into anime as much as I used to but there are a few out there that I've really gotten into. As for games, I don't think I'll ever be too old to play those.

Guest sunye~

never too old for anime/manga/games! haha. I'm more of the manga fan though.

a lot of manga/anime are not exactly just for children, as often thought to be. The older you get, the more you understand some of these works. Manga/anime are no different than books and TV dramas, except that they have an artistic element to them.
Also, for those who say anime/manga are just as childish as children's books, children's books are actually difficult to write and interpret because it contains similar deep messages as those of novels, but those messages need to be shown in the most articulate way possible for all ages to understand.

It's a waste not to know how enjoyable anime/manga/games are!

• 3 months later...
Guest liuliuluv68

LOL my uncle is in his early 30's and has a gorgeous wife but is a COMPLETE TOTAL JAPANESE ANIME NERD we bonded over a great discussion about death note back when i was like 13 :3
he's watched like every anime possible and apparently was the best gamer in his college!

"Too old" is an expression based on other people's opinion. You will never be too old for something that you enjoy doing, other people's opinion be darned ;)

Too many people equate anime with cartoons because they both use animation as a medium. What they don't realize is that anime tackles a broader scope of topics that western animation rarely delves into, separating them from the typical saturday kiddie fare. (Imagine trying to air Gantz on Cartoon Network :-O) It's something that I get sick of explaining time and again to the rest of the world lol. 8-|

Guest myuzikplayer

I don't think you can be too old for anything. As long as it's not physically demanding, why let age dictate your hobbies?

Guest misstersimple

in my opinion, you can never get too old for something. -shrugs- i mean i've been an anime fan ever since i started middle school and was addicting to playing Naruto on my gamecube. But nowadays i have to say that things definitely changed. I still love anime, but probably not as much as i did back then. I use to love cosplaying, watching Anime, and always begged my parents to take me to a convention (which ended up never happened since i didn't have much hardcore anime friends nor did i have anyone to take me). I practically breathed anime as a preteen. Those were the good old days ~ (y)
Nowadays, i rarely watch anime and shifted to reading yaoi mangas lololol.

• 4 weeks later...

although im nto a huge fan, you can never be too old to be inspired, to be surrounded in wonderment and inspired to dream. when you loose that ability that is when you die.
its not about games or anime. it is about your ability to be taken away with your imagination and your creativity. to at least be able to imagine a life or situation where you can be happy.
research shows most people are not happy with their career once they grow up. and also at least in the US a ridiculously high % of peoples identify their whole life with their job title. by transitif prop. most people are not happy, with the main focus of their life.
now, this is a ridiculously high %, so its safe to say that most of us here will be this way, now, imagine you are not happy with your life, but cannot imagine anything, or any life style as wild as it may be, that would make you happy. isn't that a heart breaking thought? life for most people is a deep dark hole. when you loose sight of the light at the top in the distance, is when your whole life becomes pitch black.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest no0dles919

In my 20s and still an avid fan of anime and manga.
I regret nothing  :))

I think I'll still continue to be fan even when I reach my 30s, 40s or even later. Age has nothing to do with your fandom. If you like it then go for it :)

The anime that turned me into fan were probably Dragonball Z, Sailormoon and ranma 1/2 

Guest theonebillyx

I'm 28 and I still watch anime. I watch around 2 or 3 series per season and download the HD version just to watch on my HDTV. 

It's kind of a secret shame of mine though.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xxkurenaixshixx

I don't think anyone is too old for anything.I still watch anime and read manga but not as much anymore. Started to collect figures ^^
People all collect stuff whether it is anime/ manga, stamps, coins, cars, etc. etc.You do what you like and if people don't like it or say something that's there problem.

I'm not 20 yet, but I don't ever plan on giving up my manga and video games lol. I first began my addiction with Pokemon on TV and Super Nintendo games. I don't think you should give up things you find fun just so you can seem "grown up." It's your life, and you should do the things you like, even if people judge you for it. Just because some curmudgeons have unexciting lives doesn't mean you should too. ;D

Archived