Too old for anime/manga/games?

Guest tokiiox

Guest tokiiox

NEVARRR!!

Who here is in their 20's and up and is still an avid fan of anime/manga/games??

And what got you into this addiction in the first place??

For me, it was Ranma 1/2 and old school Final Fantasy more than 10 years ago.... O_O Wowza, so long ago, and it doesn't seem my interest is waning at all!

Guest snsd_foreverr

I watched DBZ on cartoon network.  That was the only anime I watched other than Pokemon. 

Then I watched Death Note a couple of summers ago and that changed everything for me. I found out that there were some realy good anime's out there. 

Im 19. I wish I had time to watch more anime's these days. I am just really busy with college. 

Guest FluffyBunnyPwn

*raises hand up high*

Over 20 and still into gaming/anime. I first watched DBZ and Pokemon before I even knew what "anime" was. Then along came One Piece and it totally opened my eyes to the world of anime. 

In terms of gaming, I still try to play every new major game that comes out for PC. Latest hit was Mass Effect 3. 

Guest knockblock

Gonna be a long story.

First off, I'm not that much into video games. I do play but I get bored after I see everything I need to see. So there's that.

In my mid 20s. I come to appreciate the experiences I made and had. I've seen a lot. I lived and gone through a lot. All of my years of watching anime I learn what the stuff I like/enjoy tells about me.

From when I first got into anime in my earlier years and till now. There was a time when I was just getting into anime but wasn't a fan yet. Then there was a point when something started to do it for me. After that there was a time when I felt like my interest was going down. Then following that something in me picked back up again.

Since I got matters to attend to I'll have to come back for this later. When I come back I'll tell all about it. How I got into anime, what made me get more into anime, and what I feel presently and about all my years of watching anime to this day.

Guest Saseumi

There is no such thing as too old! I may only be seventeen with a fluctuating interest in anime and manga (following several summers of just reading manga/watching anime about twenty hours a day.. @__@) but my interest in gaming will never disappear. It was the only way I ever really bonded with my family and gaming has been ingrained since I was old enough to notice my dad/sisters doing it.

Guest Irysinon

I'm 29. I've been watching Anime since I was 22. Before that, I only read Manga and watched certain shows casually such as Escaflowne, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Astro Boy and Mazinger Z. Not all of them were on TV here of course. I grew up playing video games since the Atari 2600 days, but I might be quitting when I turn 30 (no guarantee). Anime on the other hand? Nah. Comic books? Not quitting those either.

Anime and manga? Haven't really touched the stuff since high school (I'm 23). I lost track and now I don't know what's worth checking out any more. I'm avoiding series like Bleach and Naruto because there's too much of it to catch up with and I promised myself after DBZ I wouldn't watch a series that lasted more than at least 50 episodes.

Now, western cartoons and comics? That's a whole other story. =D This past month I've been watching Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond reruns on the Hub, and I'm waiting for Ultimate Spider-man and season two of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Disney XD (here's hoping I get included on the credits for season two, lol). Looking forward to Avengers vs. X-Men comic event as well (I'm siding with the X-Men).

Video games? ALWAYS. I beat FFXIII-2 a few weeks ago, currently collecting all Riddler Trophies in Batman: Arkham City, still playing multiplayer on Killzone 3, and every friday night I go over to a friend's dorm room to play fighting games (lately it's been Street Fighter X Tekken).

19.  Wouldn't call myself an avid fan but I do still love my anime/games (:  Started watching Pokemon/Digimon/Cardcaptors when I was in.. 1st grade?  Started watching Sailor Moon even earlier.  I didn't know what anime was at the time though.  I started to get really into anime in 5th grade, when my cousin borrowed "Fushigi Yuugi" from her friend.  Still one of my favorite anime today (:  From then on, I was really into anime but then it kind of died down when I reached high school.  I still watch anime occasionally.

I do love my DS though =D

• 2 weeks later...

well actually i don't quite read manga or watch anime anymore because...i've watched that stuff for over 10 years, and the plots just get recycled. Also they're generally about teenagers.

But gaming..I've only really begun playing games recently post graduation (time and money :D)

Guest black_wings

22; still into anime & manga, but maybe not as much as when I was 15-18.

I guess what started the whole craze for me was Sailor Moon & CCS. Not sure which manga I began reading first, I just remember waiting for an agonizing 4 weeks for the next Shouen Jump mag. to come out

Not that much into gaming, but I do follow up on the FF games.

& I would say that you can never be too old for anime/manga/games.

Guest Soopke

I am 26 years old and a child at heart! I've been marathoning anime like crazy the past 2 weeks.

Although I don't play games anymore.

I graduated hs in '81, so what's my age? lol =p And as far as I'm concerned, I'll be 'too old' when I'm dead. =x I grew up watching anime--Speed Racer was my first crush (at 3), and I saw a lot of the ones that came out before I was born (so they were black and whites from the 50's, I think?)--Gigantor, Astroboy, etc. I never get tired of it, never WILL get tired of it...I think I started reading manga when I was about 18 or so, but our library sytem (which is pretty big for just one county) hardly had anything--never a whole series (used to have to get the rest from other libraries). Over the last 9 years or so--and because of people like me constantly borrowing and asking for more-- we have tons of it. And we have a lot more manhwa, too. I'm always reading something. Ranma 1/2 is one of the first manga I ever read, and I lost track of how long it went on-(and of course we had to wait until the volumes were translated)- I watched the movies, too-wished there were more. When I was in hs, I used to get up really early (very hard for me) just so I could watch Robotech, G Force, and Battle of the Planets before I had to leave for school (edit: and because gmarie reminded me >< Voltron too). Some of my favorite animes come from Studio Ghibili, esp. Totoro and Spirited Away. Haven't seen Ponyo yet (I'm behind I guess), and I want to see The Borrower Arietty.

I will read and/or watch anything that isn't hentai [also not crazy about things that mess with your mind like Paranoia Agent --didn't like and couldn't finish- also don't like slice-of-life things that are incredibly incredibly sad --was unaware of everything that would happen in Grave of the Fireflies-so didn't know what was coming t_t, but it was well made and makes you think]...so I read a lot of yaoi, shounen-ai, shounen, shoujo, etc. I have to catch up with things like Bleach (lost my place), and Full Metal Alchemist. I don't mind the length--just hope the endings are worth the time.

If anyone's ever heard of--but never seen--Tokyo Godfathers--it was pretty good.

I don't really play a lot of games--have no ps anything, or wii; x box---but do have 2 Gameboys...I guess that counts? My dad has a Gameboy Advance too.

Guest gmarie

the very first anime i ever watched and fell in love with was voltron. then came vampire hunter d. heh i'm 35 and i still love gaming and anime, though i haven't had much to do with either for a while now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm in my 20s and I still love anime and video games.

Age doesn't matter when ito comes to anime and video games.^^

Though I'm not watching animes that much because of work and there are few animes nowadays that are interesting for me but my love for them is still there.

Watching old animes that are really interesting. I never get tired of them.

Oh yeah. I started watching anime/cartoons since I was small kid. I love them.

Video games? Since I was small also since my brother is sooo addicted to them that he has every gaming console.

I'm more into RPG though. Final Fantasy and Skies of Arcadia are my favorite games of all time.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ladyhotary

I'm 29 (on october 30) years old and I'm watching anime in the morning with my daughter that is 2 years, now we watching: Lady Oscar, Kiss me Licia and Cat's eye

Archived