Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

July 25, 2016

Actress Choi Ji-woo cast in new drama

SEOUL, July 25 (Yonhap) -- Actress Choi Ji-woo has been cast in a new TV series about a law firm secretary who overcomes a personal crisis to realize her dreams, MBC TV said Monday.

Choi, one of the original stars of the "hallyu" popularity of Korean culture worldwide, will play the female protagonist Cha Geum-ju in the drama whose title roughly translates to "The woman with the carrier."

Cha is an attractive and able career woman who falls into a trap but later gets back on her feet to achieve success as a lawyer.

"Instead of being a serious legal drama, it will cover the political, financial and entertainment circles, as well as social issues, the paparazzi, and ordinary people inside the legal circle," the broadcaster said.

The series will premiere in September.

Choi Ji-woo. (Yonhap)

Choi Ji-woo. (Yonhap)

hague@yna.co.kr

• Like 6

On July 26, 2016 at 3:09 AM, yujien said:

Good to know that after a year she has another drama...

I am currently re-watching all her tv guesting in TMAD but sad to say i cannot find episode 8 of season 1 with eng sub....

It's been a while chingu .. Glad to see you again ... Did you check the TMAD thread here ? I think they have the subbed version if I remember it correctly since it's been a while ago. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tilac said:

It's been a while chingu .. Glad to see you again ... Did you check the TMAD thread here ? I think they have the subbed version if I remember it correctly since it's been a while ago. 

Chingu i miss chatting with you...:)

I watched TMAD season 2 episode 10 & 11 but in TMAD season 1 there's no eng sub for episode 8, I search different site but episode 8 are all RAW... 

This time i will be active again in soompi coz I remember now my password... :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

August 16, 2016

'Woman with a Suitcase' first script reading, Joo Jin-mo and Choi Ji-woo show off fabulous chemistry

Source: Hancinema.net

photo756609.jpg

"Woman with a Suitcase" has revealed several snap shots and scenes captured from their first script reading, which was held a few days ago on August 9th in MBC Sangamdong building.

Production team members including, Chief Producer Lee Joo-hwan and Writer Kwon Eum-mi and main cast, Joo Jin-mo, Choi Ji-woo Jeon Hye-bin and Lee Joon attended the session.

Choi Ji-woo transformed into Cha Geum-joo, a legal administration office manager working for a lawyer's office. She pulled off the confident and vivacious character perfectly.

Joo Jin-mo also perfectly transformed into Ham Bok-geo, an owner of a media company. As he brought out the blatant and cool-headed side of his character to life more than perfectly, everybody in the room was overwhelmed by his acting. Jeon Hye-bin truly immersed herself into her character, Park Hye-joo, a lawyer working relentlessly for success and love. Lee Joon expressed the young and fresh side of his character Ma Seok-woo, a newbie lawyer trying to make a living in the legal circle.

The script reading lasted for four hours. The enthusiastic and sincere mood created by all the members participated in the session is promising for the success of the mystery legal romance drama.

"Woman with a Suitcase" will take over the airtime from 'Monster – 2016' in September.

• Like 2

August 26, 2016

Choi Ji-woo looks like a goddess of autumn in Milan pictorial

Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net

photo758779.jpg

Choi Ji-woo's Milan pictorial has been revealed.

Italian fashion brand, Mandarina Duck has revealed Choi Ji-woo's travel pictorial for new season.

Choi Ji-woo showcased the sophisticated and stylish travel looks in the new pictorial, of which photoshoot was taken in Milan, Italy.

The fashion pictorial featuring Choi Ji-woo's travel in Milan will be revealed one by one through the company's official SNS platforms.

Choi Ji-woo is returning to the small screen with MBC's upcoming drama, 'Woman with a Suitcase'. photo758780.jpg

photo758781.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Choi Ji Woo’s Upcoming Legal Drama Reveals Main Poster

Choi Ji Woo’s Upcoming Legal Drama Reveals Main Poster

MBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Woman With a Suitcase” (tentative title) released its main poster!

On September 19, the drama released its main poster showing Choi Ji Woo,Joo Jin Mo, Jeon Hye Bin, and Lee Joon gathered around a desk filled with papers. Choi Ji Woo stars in the drama as a lawyer while Joo Jin Mo plays a representative paparazzi reporter.

“Woman With a Suitcase” will be airing its first episode on September 26. The drama is a fresh, legal, romance drama that depicts a hopeful and relatable story about a woman growing up and finding success after the collapse of her office. The drama is set to air after “Monster.”

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/19/choi-ji-woos-upcoming-legal-drama-reveals-main-poster/

Who's excited???

• Like 7

September 22, 2016

Choi Ji-woo returns in legal-romance drama

By Lee Haye-ah

SEOUL, Sept. 22 (Yonhap) -- Actress Choi Ji-woo, an icon of the "hallyu" Korean culture craze, has returned to the small screen as a successful careerwoman who bounces back from a life-shattering downfall.

The star of such hit dramas as "Winter Sonata" takes on the role of Cha Geum-joo, a manager at an attorney's office, in the new MBC series "Woman with a Suitcase." She's fearless, competent and better than most investigators, not to mention strong enough to pull around a suitcase stuffed with legal documents.

But an unfortunate turn of events lands her in jail, forcing her to start from scratch to realize her dreams.

"I really wanted to play a character that's bright but also tough," Choi said Thursday during a press conference promoting the series at MBC headquarters, western Seoul. "I liked that there's a combination of romance, mystery and many other genres. Geum-joo, to me, is kind of adorable and silly ... she's not easy to act out but on the script, she was charming."

Scriptwriter Kwon Eum-mi said she wanted to tell the stories of people "without licenses" who do a better job than their qualified counterparts.

"I wanted to raise the question: Are the people with licenses fulfilling their responsibilities as much as they are claiming their rights?" she said.

That question inspired her to write a legal drama from the perspective of a law firm manager, not a lawyer.

Choi Ji-woo (L) and Joo Jin-mo pose for a photo during a press conference for the new drama "Woman with a Suitcase" at MBC headquarters in western Seoul on Sept. 22, 2016. (Yonhap)

Choi Ji-woo (L) and Joo Jin-mo pose for a photo during a press conference for the new drama "Woman with a Suitcase" at MBC headquarters in western Seoul on Sept. 22, 2016. (Yonhap)

Choi's love interest will be played by Joo Jin-mo, who takes on the role of the paparazzi agency chief Ham Bok-geo. Ham partners with Cha to overcome his own personal crisis.

Best known for his roles in dramas such as "Empress Ki," the actor said he expects to show a side of him he hasn't before.

"Because it's a legal drama, people may think it's heavy, chic or dry, but I'm going to try to put a human scent into my scenes and make people feel that it's fun to watch because of the gochujang-like man in it," he said, referring to the traditional Korean pepper paste.

"I think many people will watch it because it deals with issues that interest the public, like what people do and say in entertainment circles and in society as a whole," Joo added.

The new drama, which will premiere on Monday at 10 p.m. on MBC TV, will air in the same time slot as the popular period drama "Love in the Moonlight," a factor that could affect its viewership.

Joo seemed unperturbed, saying, "We didn't adjust to each other as we began shooting, but went into it fully ready, so there's no awkwardness.

"Both Ji-woo and I have been acting for a long time, so we'll show you the power of mature kimchi," he joked.

The rival drama has two young and rising actors in its lead roles -- Park Bo-gum and Kim You-jung.

Asked about her chemistry with Joo, Choi boasted that she thinks it will be her best yet with any actor. Apparently pleased, Joo playfully stuck out his microphone next to hers to turn up the volume of her voice.

Choi Ji-woo poses for a photo during a press conference for the new drama "Woman with a Suitcase" at MBC headquarters in western Seoul on Sept. 22, 2016. (Yonhap)

Choi Ji-woo poses for a photo during a press conference for the new drama "Woman with a Suitcase" at MBC headquarters in western Seoul on Sept. 22, 2016. (Yonhap)

hague@yna.co.kr

• Like 5

September 22, 2016

S. Korean actress Choi Ji-woo

South Korean actress Choi Ji-woo, who stars in the new drama "Woman with a Suitcase," poses for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Sept. 22, 2016. The first episode of the drama will be aired by the MBC TV network on Sept. 26. (Yonhap) (END)

S. Korean actress Choi Ji-woo and actor Lee Jun

South Korean actress Choi Ji-woo and actor Lee Jun, who star in the new drama "Woman with a Suitcase," pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Sept. 22, 2016. The first episode of the drama will be aired by the MBC TV network on Sept. 26. (Yonhap) 

Drama 'Woman with a Suitcase'

Drama 'Woman with a Suitcase'

The stars of the new drama "Woman with a Suitcase" -- Lee Jun, Jeon Hye-bin, Choi Ji-woo and Joo Jin-mo (L to R) -- pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Sept. 22, 2016. The first episode of the drama will be aired by the MBC TV network on Sept. 26. (Yonhap

• Like 4

September 25, 2016

Choi Ji-woo returns with legal-romance drama

By Park Jin-hai The Korea Times

17-01(565).jpg

Actress Choi Ji-woo, second from right, stands with other cast members of the MBC's new legal romance drama "Woman with a Suitcase," during a press conference at MBC headquarters, western Seoul, Thursday.

Actress Choi Ji-woo, the iconic "Winter Sonata" heroine who stirred the first K-drama craze in Asia in the early 2000s, has returned to the small screen in a legal romance drama on MBC.

In "Woman with a Suitcase," which will premiere tonight and airs Monday and Tuesday, Choi plays a successful career woman Cha Geum-joo, a manager at an attorney's office, whose life goes into free-fall after she is framed and serves time in prison.

Written by Kwon Eum-mi, who previously wrote the romance drama "Royal Family" (2011) and crime thriller "Gap-dong" (2014), the new drama tells the story of Cha rising again to realize her dreams.

"I really wanted to play a bright but tough character," said the actress during a press conference at MBC headquarters, western Seoul, Thursday. "There's a combination of romance and mystery. I understood my character as a person who acts kind of silly sometimes, but is lovely. It was a little complex to depict her, but I did my best to portray her as an attractive person."

Unlike other legal dramas, "Woman with a Suitcase" will be lighter, spending more time out of the court. Instead of focusing on trials, the MBC drama will concentrate on the legal staff and other elements such as rampant social networking, websites-based rumor mills and paparazzi media. 

Kwon said she wanted to that show the perspective that those who don't have "licenses" can do a better job than the licensed. "I thought that a legal drama shedding light on the ordinary people inside the legal circle, rather than lawyers, would be different and new," said Kwon. "I wanted to show that those unlicensed professionals can do better than those licensed lawyers and I also wanted to raise the question of whether those license–holders are doing their duty correctly." 

Choi's love interest will be played by Joo Jin-mo, who takes on the role of paparazzi news agency K-fact's chief Ham Bok-geo. "As an outsider, my role is to reflect the voices of the viewers each episode I appear in and to deliver punch lines."

Asked about the difference from the recently ended tvN's legal drama "The Good Wife," a Korean adaptation of the popular CBS series with the same name that starred Cannes-winning actress Jeon Do-yeon and was directed by Kang Dae-sun, Kwon said that apart from the courtroom set, the new drama shares almost nothing.

"Our main sets are the public seating area in the courtroom and outside the court, since the protagonist runs to investigate outside. In terms of mood, if The Good Wife has been painted in a calm manner, ours will be more light and cheerful," she said. 

jinhai@ktimes.com

• Like 3

September 25, 2016

Choi Ji-woo and Joo Jin-moo with cake and cones

Source: Hankooki.com via Hancinema.net

photo766397.jpg

Actors Choi Ji-woo and Joo Jin-mo are appearing in the new MBC drama "Woman with a Suitcase".

A picture came up on Choi Ji-woo's Instagram with Joo Jin-mo.

They are smiling widely with cones on their heads and judging by the cake, it looks like it's Joo Jin-mo's birthday.

Meanwhile, "Woman with a Suitcase" will be released on the 26th.

• Like 4