Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

March 4, 2016

Choi Ji-woo, Zo In-sung Among Faithful Taxpayers

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

Choi Ji-woo and Zo In-sung Thursday received presidential commendations for having paid their taxes faithfully, in addition to their charity work.

They will serve as promotional ambassadors for the National Tax Service for a year.

Zo In-sung (left) and Choi Ji-woo smile after receiving presidential commendations at a Taxpayers Day event at COEX in Seoul on Thursday.

Zo In-sung (left) and Choi Ji-woo smile after receiving presidential commendations at a Taxpayers Day event at COEX in Seoul on Thursday. 

Some 293 faithful taxpayers including 135 public officials were also awarded prizes for their contributions to society.

Presidential commendations were awarded to 24 people, while 17 received prime minister's commendations.

• Like 2

Choi Ji Woo and 6 More Celebs Share their Secret to Youthful Skin

Exclusive interview of Choi Ji Woo & she talks about her recent movie "Like Me" and Korean drama "Second Times Twenty Years Old".

Read her full translated interview here on K-Beauty Now:

http://kbeautynow.com/2016/03/08/choi-ji-woo-renk-cell-to-cell-essence/

Choi Ji Woo - RE:NK Cell to Cell Essence

• Like 4

On Thursday, March 03, 2016 at 5:04 AM, tilac said:

@Juni Asat @littlex2000 Count me in on that one Ji Woo and Yu Ji Tae in Star's Lover ... great chemistry ... I cried buckets. She and KSW were also a good pair in Temptation. 

@tilac  I lost count of the many times that I watched Star Lover.  Never faild, every time I cried like a baby, haha.  Temptation was great too.  Ji Woo and KSW were great.  They look so good together.  

• Like 2

March 11, 2016

Boom of Korean TV series grips Argentina

SEOUL, March 11 (Yonhap) -- South Korean TV dramas are captivating viewers in Argentina, another sign that the popularity of "hallyu" is rising in Latin America.

"Stairway to Heaven" starring Kwon Sang-woo and Choi Ji-woo has recently been hovering around fifth in the local viewership ranking, according to the Korean Cultural Center in the South American country, with the SBS drama first hitting the air on Argentina's largest private television network Telefe on Feb. 10.

Hallyu, or the Korean Wave, refers to the popularity of Korean television shows and pop songs around the world.

Boosted by the drama's success, Telefe will soon broadcast two more Korean TV series -- "My Love from the Star" and "Angel Eyes" -- the center said in a release Thursday.

"My Love from the Star," starring actor Kim Soo-hyun and actress Jun Ji-hyun, became a huge sensation across Asia in 2014. The SBS drama tells the story of an alien from outer space who falls in love with a top actress.

"Angel Eyes," broadcast in 2014 on the same channel, is about two former lovers, who were forced to separate due to painful family issues, meeting each other again 12 years later.

The center said another SBS series, "Secret Garden," also captivated Argentine viewers when it was shown on the country's cable channel Magazine last year. It was the first Korean drama to be shown in Argentina.

Reflecting this trend, the country's most influential daily Clarin on Wednesday allocated two pages to cover the recent wind of Korean TV dramas blowing into the country.

The newspaper said the overseas success of Korean dramas is in large part attributable to Seoul's aggressive cultural policy, and this has generated a synergy effect in various fields of pop culture, such as films, K-pop and dramas, according to the center.

AEN20160311002800315_01_i.jpg

AEN20160311002800315_02_i.jpg

sshim@yna.co.kr

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On Monday, February 16, 2015 at 1:57 PM, rubie said:

Choi Ji Woo Joins “Grandpas Over Flowers” as a Luggage Girlhttp://www.soompi.com/2015/02/15/choi-ji-woo-joins-grandpas-over-flowers-as-a-luggage-girl/
grandpa-over-flowers.jpg
Actress Choi Ji Woo surprised the “Grandpas Over Flowers” cast by hopping on the plane with them as the crew traveled to Greece.
On February 15, actors Lee Soon Jae, Shin Gu, Park Geun Hyung, Baek Il Sub, Lee Seo Jin, and Choi Ji Woo left for Greece. The four grandpas and luggage boy Lee Seo Jin have taken three other trips together, in 2013 and 2014. For this trip to Greece, Choi Ji Woo joins the group as an assistant porter or ‘luggage girl.’
A staffer shared how Choi Ji Woo came to join the show, saying, “When she appeared on ‘Three Meals a Day,’ she seemed to get along well with both Lee Soon Jae and Lee Seo Jin so we urged her to appear.” The staff member also shared what viewers can expect to see, stating, “Lee Seo Jin played the role of a blunt son but Choi Ji Woo will play the role of a daughter with a lot of aegyo.”
The Greece edition of “Grandpas Over Flowers” is expected to air in March.

April 9, 2016

Choi Ji Woo, entering Chinese market as model of 'Re:NK'

Source: Innolife.com

17257_1.jpg

Korean wave star actress Choi Ji-Woo's name value will be bigger in China.

CJ O Shopping is selling 'Re:NK,' which is also popular as 'Choi Ji-Woo Cream,' in China through TV home shopping and Online.

Re:NK is showing new kind of cosmetics with Choi Ji-Woo as model.

Re:NK decided to choose Choi Ji-Woo as the model since she has grace, and she is chic while also pure and lovely that she fits the brand concept of 'Art of Cell Science.'

Meantime, actress Choi Ji-Woo attended VIP Preview of film 'Come, See Me.' on April 4th at Seoul Gangnam-gu Samseong-dong COEX Megabox. [Photo=Coway Re:NK]

• Like 3

Is it just me but in the late drama and movie, CJW have very minimum kissing scene?? (compare the her previous dramas)
And then I remember the last scene of Star's Lover when Chul Soo complain about Ma Ri's number of kissing scene, did someone complaining about the number of kissing scene?? :wub:

I wonder how many kiss scene LSJ have in his latest drama?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

April 26, 2016

Choi Ji-woo and Zo In-sung become model taxpayers

(Yonhap)

Korean top celebrities, actress Choi Ji-woo and actor Zo In-sung attended the ambassador appointment ceremony for the 2016 National Tax Service held at the Seoul Regional Tax Office on Tuesday.

They were named as one of the best taxpayers on March 3, Taxpayers’ Day, receiving presidential commendations for their exemplary payment of taxes. 

The two stars will participate in various activities for two years to help promote tax payment culture.

(Yonhap)

“Thank you so much for greeting me. I heard that the organization has marked its 50th anniversary since its inauguration in 1966, so I feel really glad to become its ambassador,” said Choi.

Last year’s honorary ambassadors were Yoona of Girls’ Generation and actor Song Seung-hun.

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

April 27, 2016

Actors chosen as faces of the NTS

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

26203432.jpg

Actress Choi Ji-woo and actor Jo In-sung have become the faces of the National Tax Service. 

Lim Hwan-soo, the commissioner of the organization, handed the appointment letters to the two stars at a ceremony held Tuesday at the National Tax Service’s Seoul regional office. 

“Choi and Jo are two representative Korean Wave stars,” the National Tax Service said. “To honor their past tax payment activities, we appointed them as ambassadors.”

Many staff members of the organization were in attendance to congratulate the appointees. 

“I appreciate the warm welcome and am delighted to be appointed as the ambassador for the National Tax Service,” Choi said at the ceremony.

“I will try my best to live up to the responsibility as an ambassador,” Jo said.

To ensure responsible tax payment by the citizens, the two stars will be part of many promotional activities run by the National Tax Service, starting off with being poster models.

The two stars are already recognized model citizens, having received presidential citations in March for responsible tax payment histories and for participating in many community service activities.

By Jeong Byung-ki

• Like 4