Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

February 16, 2016

Movie ‘Like for Likes’ VIP Preview at Yeongdeungpo CGV

Source: BNTNews

7wsjkh19alx54lfaug4khlv3qug15li2.jpg

[by Kim Young Shin, photo by Baek Soo Yeon] On February 15, movie ‘Like for Likes’ held a VIP preview at Yeongdeungpo CGV in Seoul.

The film portrays the romance between people who came to like each other while pressing ‘like’ on their social network. Lee Mi Yeon, Choi Ji Woo, Kim Joo Hyuk, Yoo Ah In, Kang Ha Neul, Lee Some and others appear in it.

Meanwhile, ‘Like for Likes’ will premiere on February 18. (photo by bntnews DB)

owmvigpxgyu1890z7rtzbbmg9zs1sqz7.jpg

• Like 2

[Interview #2] "Like For Likes" How Choi Ji Woo deals with criticism

Source: Sports Donga via Hancinema.net

photo688141.jpg
Choi Ji-woo was recently interviewed in a café for the movie "Like for Likes" and she said, "I don't get hurt easily. I forget things quickly. Although, I think about what happened at night when I go to bed, but it doesn't last very long".

We asked if that was her character or did she develop this habit as an actress and she responded, "Most of it developed during my career. I just found a way to protect myself and experiences helped me".

"I accept what helps me and I push out what hurts me. I don't need to mentally suffer because of hurtful words".

"Like for Likes" is a movie about men and women who really fall for each other after 'liking' everything on each others' SNS. The three couples are Lee Mi-yeon, Yoo Ah-in, Kang Ha-neul, Choi Ji-woo and Kim Joo-hyeok.

Choi Ji-woo plays the role of a stewardess named Ham Joo-ran who is paired with a chef named Jeong Seong-chan who lost his fiancée. Lee Mi-yeon plays Jo Kyeong-ah, a star writer who is notorious and Yoo Ah-in is a Hallyu star named No Jin-woo.

Kang Ha-neul and Esom are the best examples of a beginning romance. They take on the roles of genius composer Lee Soo-jo and director Jang Na-yeon. The movie will be released on the 17th.

• Like 3

[Interview #3] "Like For Likes" Choi Ji Woo, "I am careful of SNS"

Source: Sports Donga via Hancinema.net

photo688142.jpg

Actress Choi Ji-woo mentioned SNS.

She was recently interviewed and she said she doesn't have SNS.

"I look at other people's SNS so I know what they are".

"The SNS allows someone to see another person's whereabouts, interests and hobbies. I also see posts that are set-up. Everyone wants to show their good sides and not bad sides. "Like for Likes" portrays something like that and it's fun".

However, she is careful about posting anything on SNS.

Choi Ji-woo said, "I leave comments on my fan homepage sometimes. They might want to communicate with me more through SNS and I wondered if I should get one. I don't mind my fans following me but I don't want others to publicize my personal space".

"Like for Likes" is a movie about men and women who really fall for each other after 'liking' everything on each others' SNS. The three couples are Lee Mi-yeon, Yoo Ah-in, Kang Ha-neul, Choi Ji-woo and Kim Joo-hyeok.

Choi Ji-woo plays the role of a stewardess named Ham Joo-ran who is paired with a chef named Jeong Seong-chan who lost his fiancée. Lee Mi-yeon plays Jo Kyeong-ah, a star writer who is notorious and Yoo Ah-in is a Hallyu star named No Jin-woo.

Kang Ha-neul and Esom are the best examples of a beginning romance. They take on the roles of genius composer Lee Soo-jo and director Jang Na-yeon. The movie will be released on the 17th.

• Like 3

February 15, 2016

"Like For Likes" The three couples' kiss scenes

Source: TV Daily via Hancinema.net

photo688147.jpg

"Like for Likes" released stills of Lee Mi-yeon, Yoo Ah-in, Choi Ji-woo, Kim Joo-hyeok, Kang Ha-neul and Esom.

Lee Mi-yeon and Yoo Ah-in star in the movie as Jo Kyeong-ah and Noh Jin-woo. Noh Jin-woo appraoches Jo Kyeong-ah like a man and grabs her into a kiss. Yoo Ah-in is younger than Lee Mi-yeon.

Choi Ji-woo and Kim Joo-hyeok take on the roles of Ham Joo-ran and Jeong Seong-chan who gets pulled towards each other while living under the same roof.

Kang Ha-neul and Esom play born-single Lee Soo-ho and piano player Jang Na-yeon. She approaches him for the kiss first.

The kiss scenes are increasing anticipation for the movie which will be released on the 17th.

• Like 2

February 16, 2016

Choi Ji Woo's gorgeous beauty pictorial: It's hard to believe she's in her 40s

Source: Enews via Hancinema.net

photo688246.jpg

Beauty brand, Re:NK revealed Spring and Summer 2016 makeup pictorial starring their muse Choi Ji-woo.

Choi Ji-woo showcases the soft and lovely image as well as the elegant and feminine look perfectly in the pictorial.

'Romantic Fiance Look' creates such a luxurious and lovely image using the pearlescent lavender eyeshadow and the toned down lip color, matched with the white dress she is wearing.

The elegant and feminine 'England Tea Party Look' is characterized with the pink eyeshadow and the bright and moist rose lip color.

• Like 3

February 16, 2016

'Like for Likes' stars take an adorable group selfie

Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net

photo688247.jpg

Yoo Ah-in, Choi Ji-woo, Lee Mi-yeon and other "Like for Likes" cast took a selfie together in a waiting room.

On February 16th, CJenmmovie posted the adorable photo on their official Instagram account.

In the revealed image, "Like for Likes" stars, Lee Mi-yeon, Yoo Ah-in, Choi Ji-woo, Kim Joo-hyeok, Kang Ha-neul, Esom stroke a pose together after finishing a promotional event.

The sweet romance comedy, "Like for Likes" depicts the love story though SNS of the three couples: a successful writer Jo Kyeong-ah (Lee Mi-yeon) and actor No Jin-woo (Yoo Ah-in); a spinster working as a stewardess, Ham Joo-ran (Choi Ji-woo) and an old bachelor, who is her tenant, Jeong Seong-chan (Kim Joo-hyeok); playgirl Jang Na-yeon (Esom), a producer working for a broadcasting company, and a music composer, Lee Soo-ho (Kang Ha-neul), who has just begin dating someone for the first time.

Source: SportsSeoul

20160217125608_WEGWEGEWGWEGWEGWEG.jpg

• Like 3

February 16, 2016

[bnt interview] Choi Ji Woo, Lovely Like Always

in3pr4evzh6eg8jbereoxobempa2j2sr.jpg

[by Lee Lin, translated by Bae Jung Yun] Choi Ji Woo, who looks arrogant and coldhearted is now familiar to people like an older sister from a neighbor. The actress came a step closer to us through tvN ‘Three Meals a Day’ and ‘Youth Over Flowers’. She has installed a lovely naïve personality along with relaxed appearance.

bntnews recently interviewed Choi Ji Woo, a main character of the movie ‘Like for Likes’ at a café in Samsheong-dong, Seoul.

The movie is about a love recipe among a notorious star writer, an audacious k-pop star, an unlucky spinster, a chef who lost his lover, a genius composer who lost his hearing and newbie producer who is good at doing push and pull. Choi Ji Woo took the role of a stewardess who looks smart, but clumsy and nothing works for her. We can feel her loveliness, which was revealed through the reality shows, even there was a surprising change in the movie.

“It usually takes time for me to characterize and get used to the new role after several months of breaks. However, the cheerful energy that I have received from entertainment programs and dramas helped me to get used to my part in ‘Like for Likes’.”

“Director told me that I have the best similarity for the role among six casts. I thought I could do well by having fun with it other than having a pressure for myself since it is my first movie after a long time. It seemed like if I play the role of Joo Ran, I might enjoy filming it.”

0tsy4me2rxy0yjx0t0dc7fl8zmi3fw4f.jpg

Choi Ji Woo has changed a lot. She, who has come back to the big screens 7 years after her last film ‘Actresses’ in 2009, aroused her hidden comic instinct on ‘Like For Likes’. She ruined herself without hesitation and delightfully revealed herself. Particularly, the scene of her going to the emergency room because a tambourine stuck on her head by randomly dancing around in order to gain favor with her superior made people burst into laughter.

“It was really fun to read the tambourine scene from the script, but I was worried about acting it in person. I am actually bad at dancing.(laughed) It was an interesting scene, but Ham Joo Ran should be more desperate. Therefore, I didn’t get ready for anything and just danced by thinking about the moves in every moment.”

The biggest reason for her to bring out her comic instinct is because of actor Kim Joo Hyeok. It is an amazing connection between a house owner Choi Ji Woo and a tenant Kim Joo Hyeok to live together. Even it was their first time to meet each other, he delivered his unique wit along with comfort for her and helped her generate the fantastic comic atmosphere.

“It was our first time to meet each other. However, I used to like his romantic comedy works such as ‘Singles’, ‘Mr. Handy’ and others. I thought he was one of the greatest romantic comedy actors. Therefore, I strongly believed that I could learn a lot by listening to what he said. Many people told me that he is a good guy, so not to worry too much. I am usually very shy and need some time to become familiar with someone, but he was very comfortable just like his role Sung Chan.”

“Almost every scene with him was living together. We spend many times together, so it was hard to distinguish between the lines and ad-libs. We were very into our characters, so we never thought about the lines. I thought leading and caring for each other made the atmosphere more natural. We had perfect harmony from the start and it balanced us until the end.”

p8elg2y1415rsoze79yaef0ybievo1j5.jpg

From the movie, Joo Ran unveils her clumsiness after receiving detailed relationship advice from Sung Chan. However, she represents herself really well when she talks about her thoughts. Choi Ji Woo continued her interview by clearly delivering her thought just like Joo Ran. Another appearance of her such as loving her life, caring and dressing up for herself was also very similar with Joo Ran.

“A twenty-year-old Choi Ji Woo can’t be beaten by Choi Ji Woo from the present. Saying I got prettier is maybe because of my years of experience along with natural composure, which contains in my face, behaviors and attitudes. I just want to be natural. I would like to let things flow naturally just like running water. If I have greed as an actress, I want to become an actress who gives great energy. I felt uneasy before, but I might become a person that I wanted to become if I spend time with joy.”

‘Like for Likes’ completed the best lineup in the history by the appearance of Kim Joo Hyeok and Choi Ji Woo whom spread out laughter, Lee Mi Yeon, Yoo Ah In, Kang Ha Neul, Esom and others. Their love recipe contains its spell of waking up every single love cells and the story flows with omnibus style tuned with various contents. The movie became a piece of Chio Ji Woo’s happy memories.

idgnwtx6tiasp1ff69tkelkmhdr307si.jpg

“Every prospective candidate has selected to act in the movie. It is reassuring to act with good actors. It was great to rely on them. I also felt comfortable sharing responsibilities with them, because it helps to load off the burden of mind. I am wondering whether this extremely difficult and uncommon combination happens again.”

“’Like for Likes’ is another me. I had so much fun filming it and felt like I am going up the stairs that is being built one by one. I am curious and expecting different images of myself, because I will have more roles that I have never played before. The new image of myself will pop out of nowhere just like the movie. Maybe it will be revealed soon.(laughed)” (photo by CJ Entertainment)

• Like 2

February 17, 2016

‘Like for Likes’ collects W12.2 million on first day

(CJ Entertainment)

Korean film “Like for Likes” which was released Wednesday grossed 12.2 million won ($10,000) on the first day as of evening, according to the Korean Film Council. 

The homegrown rom-com stars actors Yoo Ah-in, Kang Ha-neul and Kim Joo-hyuk and actresses Lee Mi-yeon, E Som and Choi Ji-woo.

The omnibus movie puts the spotlight on three couples whose love burgeons on social media, with protagonists from diverse background “liking” their counterparts’ online posts.

Yoo and Lee; Kang and E Son; Kim and Choi pair up in the movie.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

February 18, 2016

[bnt photos] Carrera Jeans-Choi Ji Woo Fan Signing Event 

[by Kim Young Shin, photo by Baek Soo Yeon] On February 18, fashion brand Carrera Jeans hosted the fan signing event of actress Choi Ji Woo. (photo by bntnews DB)

fzahxcmnpn1w040t15whvrlzzufxxor4.jpg

253ffm7e8d24806bdz3js55dyio91bes.jpg

pc601ouefqx0fe4w6z5o9ftt8kvw1xrf.jpg

• Like 2

February 23, 2016

Choi Ji Woo became 'Wagyu angel' in 'Take Care of the Fridge'

Source: Innolife.com

17001_1.jpg

Korean wave star Choi Ji Woo became Wagyu goddess.

On JTBC 'Take Care of the Fridge' aired on February 22nd, Kim Joo Hyuk's fridge was revealed.

Kim Joo Hyuk chose Wagyu from Choi Ji Woo's fridge, and she changed the ingredients with Kim Joo Hyuk even though she appeared surprised a bit. [Photo=JTBC 'Take Care of the Fridge']

• Like 3

February 27, 2016

[HanCinema's Film Review] "Like for Likes"

Source: Hancinema.net (related CJW-KJH review only)

201602181824779518_56c590230557e.jpg

More intriguing was the romance between the two forty-somethings, Jeong Seong-chan (Kim Joo-hyeok) and Ham Joo-ran (Choi Ji-woo). They embody the popular "cohabitation" love story that is mixed with "we're just friends" and using social media to get Joo-ran a date. The two fuss like an old married couple and realize slowly that they want to be more than friends. What makes this relationship so winning is how casual they are. Yes, their friendship develops a bit too quickly, but it can be overlooked because of how they grow together as a direction correlation to their friendship. Kim is a master of facial expressions as the lively chef Seong-chan and he brings out the best in Choi.

• Like 2

February 28, 2016

Actress Choi Ji Woo Renews Contract With YG Entertainment

Source: Soompi by crystalcove 

Actress Choi Ji Woo Renews Contract With YG Entertainment

Actress Choi Ji Woo is staying with the YG Family.

It was announced today that the actress has renewed her exclusive contract with YG Entertainment. It is said she gave high points for the management support and future vision, and signed the contract again without any particular objections. 

Choi Ji Woo commented, “Once I start a relationship, I tend to maintain it for a long time. I have worked with the same stylist for 20 years, and with my managers, 10 years or more. I heard that I fit well with YG after I first joined. I want to continue to work with YG to have our  images becomes even more compatible.

Choi Ji Woo first signed with YG two years ago. After that, she has appeared in many projects, from film and dramas to variety shows. She is promoting her movie “Like for Likes,” which also stars Kim Joo Hyuk, Lee Mi Yeon, Yoo Ah In, Kang Ha Neul, and Esom.

Source (1)

• Like 1

February 29, 2016

Choi Ji Woo Renews Her Contract with YG

kw08d59p1to78ox7qn0x268pvs0fnkuy.jpg

[by Bae Jung Yun] Recently, top star Chio Ji Woo re-signed the contract with YG Entertainment (YG).

She greatly evaluated YG’s systematic management and future vision and renewed her contract with the agency.

She revealed her thoughts by saying, “Once I tie a bond with someone, it usually lasts for a long time. My stylist have worked with me for 20 years and all of my managers have worked with me for over 10 years. I heard that I do get along well with YG Entertainment since I joined the company. I want to move forward together with the agency and try to fit better with it.”

She expanded her performing spectrum to movie, drama and entertainment after joining the company two years ago. She actively unfolded her performance as a Korea representative actress and as an Asia’s sweetheart.

She collected her popularity by high viewer ratings and appeared in high quality hit works. She disclosed her reversal charm as chic and arrogant Yoo Se Young from the drama ‘Temptation’. She caught people’s attention by her outfits in the drama and demonstrated her appearance as a fashionista. In addition to that, from the tvN’s drama ‘Twenty Again’, she perfectly digested her role as a college student Ha No Ra and established a solid position as a best actress.

She also had significant performance in variety programs. She showed off a fantastic chemistry with Lee Seo Jin by appearing as a guest on ‘Three Meals a Day in Jeongseon’. She also revealed her friendly, lovely and humane images on ‘Grandpas Over Flowers in Greece’. She broke the viewer’s stereotypical thinking toward famous actress and received lots of love from them.

Meanwhile, Choi Ji Woo made her comeback to the big screens after about 7 years with movie ‘Like for Likes’, which was released on February 17 and it is collecting people’s attention. (photo by YG Entertainment)

• Like 3

On 31/1/2016 at 2:30 PM, rubie said:

January 30, 2016

Choi Ji Woo Ranks Her Work as an Actress on Her Life Graph

Source: Soompi by ck525 

Choi Ji Woo Ranks Her Work as an Actress on Her Life Graph

On the episode of KBS2’s “Entertainment Weekly” aired on Janaury 30, Choi Ji Woo appears for a guerilla date.

In celebration of 20 years since her debut, she draws a graph charting her activities as an actress.

Choi Ji Woo 2

On her debut drama, “First Love,” she says, “I’m so embarrassed of that period. I’ll give it a 40.” She gives more points to her 1997 movie, “The Hole,” saying, “It received more love than I thought it would.”

She gives a 90 to her most popular 2002 drama “Winter Sonata” along with “Stairway to Heaven.” Meanwhile, she ranks “The Suspicious House Keeper” lower because “it is a good drama, but had sad ratings.”

She ranks “Three Meals a Day” similarly to “Winter Sonata” because she was shown as a more relatable character. When Kim Saeng Min teases her, she jokingly protests, “I thought you said this was my second round of prime time?”

Choi Ji Woo 3

Source (1)

why no Star's lover? It's a really great series, I've rewatched it at least 5 times and still love it, I would say her best chemistry with the male leads so far (par with KSW in Temptation) their chemistry in Star's lover and Tempation made me forget about Winter sonata

• Like 2

On 8/11/2015 at 11:27 PM, stewiefg said:

Came across an exhibition of Choi Ji Woo pictorials while visiting Taejongdae in Busan! Such a goddess!!

Edit: Seems I have exceeded my photobucket bandwidth this month. I will try and fix this at the end of the week when I have more time. Sorry!

Hidden Content

I recognize 2 of the locations from Star's lover drama, really really missed Chul Soo and Ma Ri :)

• Like 1

March 3, 2016, 

Stars receive presidential citation

(OSEN)

Actor Zo In-sung and actress Choi Ji-woo received the presidential citation award on Wednesday morning for their exemplary tax payments.

Marking Taxpayer‘s Day on March 3, the award was given to 500 taxpayers for their contribution to society at Coex in Seoul.

Zo and Choi both attended the event, receiving the honor on behalf of celebrities who ethically pay their taxes.

(OSEN)

Choi Ji-woo recently renewed her contract with YG Entertainment, continuing her relationship with the agency. Meanwhile, Zo In-sung is to return to the big screen with “The King,” starring Ryu Jun-yeol and Kim Ah-joong.

By Kim Ji-young (christinekim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 4

March 3, 2016

Actress cited for good tax payment

Actress cited for good tax payment

Actress Choi Ji-woo applauds at a 50th Taxpayers' Day event in Seoul on March 3, 2016, in which she received a presidential citation for being an exemplary taxpayer. (Yonhap) (END)

Source: News1

최지우, '대통령 표창 받고 행복 미소~'

'대통령 표창' 최지우, '군계일학'

• Like 5