Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

March 29, 2018  th_congrats.gif

Actress Choi Ji-woo drops surprise wedding announcement

SEOUL, March 29 (Yonhap) -- Actress Choi Ji-woo got married Thursday afternoon, the actress said in a handwritten letter posted on her fan page.

In a surprise wedding announcement, she wrote, "It will come as a little surprise to you, but I would like to share some very happy news."

She continued: "March 29 is the day when I made a promise with my life partner of a new start. ... I held a private wedding ceremony only with family members. I will make a warm family with my love."

This image provided by YG Entertainment shows actress Choi Ji-woo's handwritten wedding announcement letter posted on her fan page on March 29, 2018. (Yonhap)

This image provided by YG Entertainment shows actress Choi Ji-woo's handwritten wedding announcement letter posted on her fan page on March 29, 2018. (Yonhap)

She sought understanding from fans for not having informed them of the news earlier as the groom is "not a public figure" and she wanted to protect the privacy of him and his family.

Her agency YG Entertainment said the couple dated for about one year and the ceremony was held in an undisclosed venue in Seoul.

Choi, 43, made her debut in 1994 on a MBC drama and rose to stardom while appearing on KBS 2TV's "Winter Sonata" in 2002 with actor Bae Yong-joon. Most recently, she appeared on the tvN's series "The Most Beautiful Goodbye" last year.

This file photo is of actress Choi Ji-woo. (Yonhap)

This file photo is of actress Choi Ji-woo. (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

• Like 2

Wishing Ms. CHOI JI WOO a wonderful wedding and happy married life,  always hoping to see her happy! :wub:

March 29, 2018

Actress Choi Ji Woo Revealed To Have Gotten Married Today

Source: Soompi by D. Kim

Choi-Ji-Woo.jpg

Choi Ji Woo is a newlywed wife!

On March 29, her agency YG Entertainment released an official statement to announce that the actress got married earlier this afternoon. Her husband is a non-celebrity, and they dated for approximately a year.

Choi Ji Woo also wrote a letter to fans, saying, “I feel shy and nervous writing a letter for the first time in a while. It’s a bit sudden, but I have great news. I tied the knot on March 29 with someone I want to start a new life with. We held a private wedding ceremony with only our close family members in attendance. I will start a happy family with the person I love, and we will always respect each other.

“I should’ve let you guys know earlier, but I wanted to be careful because my [husband] is not a public figure. I hope you will understand and give us your blessings. I will always remember the love and support you have given me, and I will continue my career as an actress.

“Please stay healthy. Thank you, and I love you.”

Choi-Ji-Woo-letter.jpg

Choi Ji Woo appeared in many hit dramas, including “Woman With a Suitcase,” “Twenty Again,” “Temptation,” “The Suspicious Housemaid,” and “Air City.”

Congratulations to Choi Ji Woo!

Source (1)

• Like 2

March 29, 2018

Choi Ji-woo’s wedding garners attention in and out of Korea

Actress Choi Ji-woo’s surprise announcement about her wedding hours before the ceremony Thursday has garnering a significant amount of interest from the public. 

A local news agency revealed a photo compilation of Choi in a wedding dress. As the wedding ceremony is private, the public wondered about the star’s dress. The news agency, searching through old drama series, found shots of Choi wearing a white dress. 

(Shiseido)

Numerous Japanese media outlets reported on the news saying “The great actress is getting married.” Japanese fans congratulated the actress via online comments. 

Choi gained exceptional fame in Japan through her role in the drama series “Winter Sonata” in 2002. 

As her husband is not a celebrity, many are curious about him. A clip of Choi mentioning her ideal type has become of great interest to the public again. 

In an interview with a local network in September 2013, she said, “I prefer a person that I can talk with well, and someone that I can respect. If the person isn’t boring, it would be better.” 

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com

th_flower_10-1.gif

Choi Ji-woo announces 'surprise' wedding

Actress Choi Ji-woo announced her marriage hours before the event, Thursday. 

Choi Ji-woo updated a photo of a handwritten letter on her fan club website Thursday, saying, “Today is the day I have promised for a new beginning with my partner for life.” 

She added that she had to be cautious about revealing the news to not burden her in-laws. 

Choi Ji-woo (Golden Dew)

Her management agency, YG Entertainment, confirmed the announcement saying that Choi will marry through a small, private wedding ceremony under the attendance of close family. 

The details of the wedding have not been released. 

Choi is well-known throughout Asia through her role in the drama series “Winter Sonata” in 2002. 

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 3

March 29, 2018

Actress Choi stuns fans with surprise secret wedding 

5796d5a0ee8d403b8fd98140710d88ff.jpg
Choi Ji-woo has married a "non-celebrity man" in secret. / Korea Times file

By Park Si-soo The Korea Times

Popular actress Choi Ji-woo, who rocketed to Asia-wide stardom with romance TV series "Winter Sonata" (2002), had a secret wedding ceremony in Seoul on Thursday, surprising her fans at home and abroad. 

In a shock announcement, Choi, 43, wrote on her official website: "March 29. This is the first day I start a new beginning with my life partner." 

Her agency YG Entertainment confirmed the wedding. "Her wedding was held at a place in Seoul. Her husband is an ordinary, non-celebrity man who she has dated for one year." The agency did not give further details. 

Choi wrote: "I would like to make a good family with my husband. We will respect each other to make our life full of happiness." 

She debuted in 1994 through an actor recruiting competition hosted by MBC TV. She has appeared in many hit dramas, including "Woman with a Suitcase," "Twenty Again," "Temptation," "The Suspicious Housemaid" and "Air City."

• Like 4

March 29, 2018

Choi Ji Woo Shares Gorgeous Bridal Photos After Wedding :wub:

Source: Soompi by J. K

choi-ji-woo-21.jpg

Choi Ji Woo is a stunning bride in wedding photos!

The actress surprised fans on March 29 when she announced that she is now married, after having tied the knot with her non-celebrity husband that afternoon in a private ceremony.

Later that day, her agency YG Entertainment shared beautiful photos of Choi Ji Woo in her dress and veil. The agency said, “We express our thanks to everyone who has sent their congratulations for Choi Ji Woo’s wedding. The wedding ceremony on March 29 went well, with the blessings of the family members who took part.”

choi-ji-woo-1.jpg

choi-ji-woo-2.jpg

choi-ji-woo-3.jpg

Congratulations to the couple!

Source (1)

• Like 4

March 30, 2018

Actress Choi Ji-woo Ties Knot in Surprise Wedding

Source: The ChosunIlbo

Actress Choi Ji-woo tied the knot with her boyfriend, whom she has been dating for a year, in a surprise private ceremony in Seoul on Thursday.

Choi announced the unexpected news in a handwritten letter posted to her fan site on the very day of the wedding.

2018033000971_0.jpg

"Today is the day I get a fresh start with my life partner," she wrote. "We will make a home together. I'm sorry that I kept it a secret. He is not a celebrity, so I was afraid I might cause trouble for him."

Her management agency confirmed the marriage, saying, "Choi held a private wedding with only family members attending." Her agency did not provide personal details about the groom, except that he is an office worker.

Choi got her start as an actress after winning an audition organized by MBC in 1994. She shot to fame in the KBS TV series "First Love," which garnered viewer ratings of up to 65 percent when it aired from 1996 to 1997.

She came into her prime after starring in the megahit KBS TV series "Winter Sonata" in 2002. Thanks to her pure image, she gained immense popularity in Japan, together with the drama's male lead Bae Yong-joon, and even earned the nickname "Ji-woo hime," meaning "Princess Ji-woo."

The Asahi Shimbun and other Japanese media outlets reported on her wedding.

th_flower_10-1.gif

Choi Ji-woo surprises her fans with marriage

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Actor Choi Ji-woo got married on Thursday afternoon, she announced in a handwritten letter posted on her fan page, Star Jiwoo.

Choi wrote in the letter, “It will come as a little surprise to you, but I would like to share some very happy news. March 29 is the day I made a promise with my life partner for a new beginning.”

She explained that the wedding was small and private, with only Choi’s closest relatives and friends in attendance. 

The couple dated for about a year, and the ceremony was held in an undisclosed venue in Seoul, according to the actor’s agency, YG Entertainment.

Choi debuted in 1994 and has starred in numerous hit projects. Some of her most well known works are the TV series “Winter Sonata” (2002) and “Stairway to Heaven” (2003-04). Most recently, the actor appeared in the 2017 tvN series “The Most Beautiful Goodbye.” 

By Sung Ji-eun

• Like 1

Over the years, we've seen so many celebrity brides and Jiwoo herself had worn wedding dresses for her drama roles & modeling jobs countless times. But truly, this time she is just stunning in her own wedding dress, the most radiant bride indeed! :wub: Just.Breathtakingly. Beautiful! A lot of CJW ardent fans have come and go(ne) but undoubtedly that everyone will be so happy for Jiwoo-ssi. One of the best news so far. We may never know who is her hubby but looking at how contented she is, we're sure lucky to be able to share her happiness.

March 30, 2018

Actress Choi Ji-woo announces a surprise wedding

Source: The DONG-A ILBO

5abd70b12145d273824c.jpg

Korean actress Choi Ji-woo has announced a surprise wedding. “Choi will tie the knot with her boyfriend, whom she has been dating for about one year, at a location in Seoul today. They will have a small, private wedding ceremony with close family members in attendance,” said her agent, YG Entertainment. "The couple’s reception will be conducted privately. The groom is not a celebrity so the ceremony will be held privately. We ask for your cooperation for this.” 

Prior to her agency’s announcement, Choi posted her news in person the website of her fan club “Star Jiwoo.” She wrote a handwritten letter on heart-shaped stationery to her fans in both Korean and Japanese. She is widely known as Jiwoo Hime (Princess Jiwoo) in Japan, thanks to the popularity of the drama “Winter Sonata,” which drew a huge audience. 

"I know it will come as a surprise, but I am writing this to announce joyful news. On March 29, I will go to the next step of my life with the person I love. This afternoon, we will have a small, private wedding with our family,” she wrote. “I am looking forward to creating a loving family with the person I love. We will understand each other and we will live happily. I will always remember your love and I will show my best side as an actress through various projects."

Choi debuted in 1995 and starred in many popular Korean dramas such as “First Love” (1996-1997) and “Truth” (2000), earning fame as a leading actress. In particular, she was loved most for her acting in “Winter Sonata” (2002) and “Stairway to Heaven” (2003-2004) in both Korea and Japan. Most recently she appeared in “The Most Beautiful Goodbye” a melodrama aired on tvN in December last year. 

Yeun-Kyung Cho yunique@donga.com

th_flower_10-1.gif

Reported Details On Choi Ji Woo’s Wedding Ceremony Revealed

Source: Soompi by Y. Jang

Choi-Ji-Woo1.jpg

On March 29, Choi Ji Woo surprised fans with her marriage announcement. While preparing for the wedding, she was careful not to disclose any details as her husband is a non-celebrity.

According to news outlet TV Report, Choi Ji Woo’s wedding ceremony was entirely planned out by the actress herself.

After she shared beautiful wedding pictures, it was revealed that the wedding was held at a hotel in Seoul. Choi Ji Woo invited less than 100 guests consisting of her and her groom’s parents, relatives, and acquaintances.

The actress prepared everything from the wedding dress to the wedding hall. She did not accept any congratulatory money from guests, which is a common custom in Korean weddings. She also turned down sponsorship offers, so everything was fully paid by Choi Ji Woo and her groom.

Choi Ji Woo’s wedding dress was said to have been tailor-made for the actress, adding to her elegance and beauty.

Congratulations again to the couple!

Source (1)

• Like 2

April 3, 2018

Actress Choi Ji-woo's husband is IT company worker in 30s: sources

SEOUL, April 3 (Yonhap) -- The spouse of actress Choi Ji-woo is a IT company worker in his 30s, entertainment industry sources said Tuesday.

Fans remained curious about the groom after the 43-year-old star had a surprise wedding at an undisclosed place Thursday. Little is known about the groom except that "he is a office worker with whom she dated for about a year" as informed by her agency, YG Entertainment.

A wedding photo of actress Choi Ji-woo, provided by YG Entertainment (Yonhap)

A wedding photo of actress Choi Ji-woo, provided by YG Entertainment (Yonhap)

"The groom is a tall and handsome man who is younger than the bride," an industry source said.

As she made a surprise wedding announcement on her fan page that day, Choi also sought understanding from fans for not having informed them of the news earlier as the groom is "not a public figure" and she wanted to protect the privacy of him and his family.

The wedding took place at a small studio of a hotel in southeastern Seoul with only direct family members and close friends of the couple attending, according to the sources. She didn't informed her acquaintances in the industry and celebrity friends of her wedding plan, they said.

"I became aware of the marriage only from newspapers and was so surprised," an actor close to Choi said. "I understand she didn't say anything because she wanted to have a quiet wedding."

She began her honeymoon two days after the wedding, according to the agency.

Choi made her debut in 1994 on a MBC drama and rose to stardom while appearing on KBS 2TV's "Winter Sonata" in 2002 with actor Bae Yong-joon. Most recently, she appeared on the tvN's series "The Most Beautiful Goodbye" last year.

sshim@yna.co.kr

• Like 1

April 3, 2018

Kim Nam Joo Reveals Her Special Wedding Bond With Choi Ji Woo

Source: Soompi by S. Park

Kim-Nam-Joo-Choi-Ji-Woo.jpg

Kim Nam Joo talked about Choi Ji Woo and weddings during an interview on April 3.

Kim Nam Joo revealed that she and Choi Ji Woo share a special bond. 13 years ago, when Kim Nam Joo wed Kim Seung Woo on May 25, 2005, Choi Ji Woo caught the bouquet at her wedding.

She was recently reminded of this after reading the reports on Choi Ji Woo’s wedding. Kim Nam Joo said, “After seeing the articles, I said, ‘Oh yeah. That happened,’ and remembered it. At the time, there was no one to accept it. Everyone was either already married or far from getting married. Out of those people, Choi Ji Woo seemed like the fastest one to get married, so she received it without any particular meaning. And she got married 13 years later.”

The news of Choi Ji Woo’s wedding took everyone by surprise when it was previously announced on March 29. After about a year of dating, she got married to a non-celebrity in his 30s with only their family members in attendance.

Choi Ji Woo was successfully able to keep her wedding a secret by not telling any of her celebrity acquaintances. Kim Nam Joo commented, “No one knew at all. Everyone around me was also surprised, but congratulated her.”

Source (1)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

May 10, 2018

Choi Ji Woo Looks Radiant At 1st Event After Wedding

Source: Soompi by K. Do

Choi-Ji-Woo-XPN.jpg

Choi Ji Woo surprised the world when she announced her marriage to fans through a handwritten letter on the day of her wedding. The actress tied the knot with her non-celebrity husband on March 29. After her wedding, her agency YG Entertainment shared gorgeous wedding photos of the actress.

On May 10, the newlywed actress appeared at her first official event after her wedding. Choi Ji Woo participated in the launching of Goldendew’s “How to Style Up” event in the Cheongdam neighborhood of Seoul. She is currently the spokesmodel for the jewelry brand.

Needless to say, the actress looked as radiant as ever during the event.

Check out photos of her!

Choi-Ji-Woo-XPN-1.jpg

Choi-Ji-Woo-XPN-2.jpg

Spoiler

Choi-Ji-Woo-XPN-3.jpg

Source (1)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

July 11, 2018

Leave my husband alone, pleads actress Choi 

By Dong Sun-hwa The Korea Times

f7f7f37674de4f2dac53e847b3414cd1.jpg

Veteran actress Choi Ji-woo, 43, has complained about the release of her husband's personal information. 

The Dispatch Tuesday reported that Choi's husband is the CEO of an online-to-offline mobile application company, nine years younger than Choi and the two were dating for three years. 

It also said Choi helped him with his new business in 2014 and changed his name in 2015. 

The report contradicted Choi's agency, YG Entertainment's explanation that they were dating for a year. 

YG said Choi was under duress and asked people and the media to refrain from making assumptions. 

The two had a private wedding in March and little was revealed then about the groom. 

Choi starred in the seminal K-drama "Winter Sonata" in 2003. 

sunhwadong@gmail.com

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

December 3, 2018

Yoo Yeon Seok And Son Ho Jun To Star In New Variety Show With Choi Ji Woo And Yang Se Jong As First Guests

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

Yoo Yeon Seok And Son Ho Jun To Star In New Variety Show With Choi Ji Woo And Yang Se Jong As First Guests

Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun will be bringing warmth to viewers with their own variety show!

On December 3, it was announced that tvN will be airing a new reality show titled “Coffee Friends.” The show will follow Yoo Yeon Sok and Son Ho Jun as they run a cafe located in a tangerine farm on Jeju Island, and they will donate all of their profit to a charitable cause.

The show is inspired by the duo’s “Coffee Friends” project, where they gave cups of coffee to citizens in exchange for donations. The goal was to show people that it isn’t difficult to start donating to those in need. Now, they will be taking the concept to another level as they sell coffee and brunch at a cafe.

Anticipation is rising as it has been revealed that producing director (PD) Na Young Suk will be a creative director for the show. He has worked with the two actors on popular variety shows like “Youth Over Flowers” and “Three Meals a Day.” The show will be directed by PD Park Hee Yeon, who has co-directed many shows with PD Na Young Suk as well as programs like “Teacher Baek” and “Street Food Fighter.”

Just like how Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun invited friends to help run their coffee truck for the “Coffee Friends” project, the show will also invite guests to work as part-time employees. The first guests on the show will be Choi Ji Woo and Yang Se Jong. Choi Ji Woo was invited by Son Ho Jun after getting to know each other on “Three Meals a Day,” and Yang Se Jong will be making his first-ever variety show appearance after being invited by Yoo Yeon Seok.

PD Park Hee Yeon said, “We have decided to launch this new variety show after being inspired by the donation project Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun led this year. The various happenings that take place in the cafe will move viewers and also bring laughter to them.”

Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun’s “Coffee Friends” is set to premiere on tvN in January 2019.

Source (1)

• Like 1

December 5, 2018

tvN’s New Variety Show Shares Sneak Peek of Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun's Cafe

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

e3b5d8387a9741128886c4772702b0d0.jpeg

tvN’s new variety show “Coffee Friends” has offered a sneak peek of what to expect!

“Coffee Friends” shared their first photos on their official Instagram account recently, showing Son Ho Jun, Yoo Yeon Seok, Choi Ji Woo, and Yang Se Jong wearing aprons and posing for a photo. There were also a couple of photos of the food and beverages being offered at their cafe.

“Coffee Friends” will be a variety show that follows Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun as they run a cafe in a tangerine farm on Jeju Island, with their profits being donated to charity. The show was inspired by the two close friends and their “Coffee Friends” donation project this year.

Choi Ji Woo and Yang Se Jong will be the first guests on the show, and they will be working as part-time employees at the cafe. Choi Ji Woo was invited by Son Ho Jun as they had previously met through “Three Meals a Day,” while Yang Se Jong was invited by Yoo Yeon Seok as they had appeared on “Romantic Doctor Kim” together.

“Coffee Friends” is set to premiere in January 2019.

Source (1)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...