Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

Guest Hyc

Thanks blackandwhite for posting a combo-pic of JW – the last picture remind me of Now and Forever! :D

Thanks Ching and Lee. I hope to see Ella dearie back in Soompi soon – miss her! It’s always a joy reading her cheerful posting. :)

I am speed-watching BD again – here’s some pictures of CJW with LBH and RSW.

My all-time fav-pic of them....

Credit to original poster

These pics are my favorite too. :lol:

Thanks Felicia for posting the BHJW/BD pics again. I really miss their collaboration. :P

BTS SL Ep.3

from http://cosmong.exblog.jp/

c0093093_13333581.jpg

Dove CF + BTS

from http://mainichi.jp/life/kirei/graph/20080508/index.html

5-8-20098-22-08PM.jpg

5-8-20098-08-31PM.jpg

5-8-20098-10-36PM.jpg

5-8-20098-12-42PM.jpg

5-8-20098-13-10PM.jpg

Ella sis is very busy at the moment and can't access soompi. She says HELLO to everybody, especially Felicia and wrblee. Thanks to lee. :lol:

Hi..Ching...Pls say hello back to Ella..and said "ur welcome" to her :D

Thx blackandwhite for sharing beauty pix of Jiwoo :D I also like all pix you posted ^^

Fel...BD Cut the one you posted of BH and Jiwoo fashion set is my all time favorite :D Oh..you got rerun BD again..wowow...hahaha...Now I'm watching Change Takuya...very good drama...a must see one..I like it!!! but it made me sad of my politic in my country...if it possible to find a prime minister as Asakusa K...as Takuya played :P

Here some artwork by iamcrazy from SL thai board

451_SL1.jpg

Guest bethq

Any news on the following?

how did Star's Lover did in Japan? I hope it did much better than in Korea.

What's CJW's next project? Would love to see her in another drama/comedy...maybe with her former co-stars as well. It's a bit difficult to find

news about her in the States. It's a bit limited so I'm grateful for this forum.

Thanks!

Fel...BD Cut the one you posted of BH and Jiwoo fashion set is my all time favorite :D Oh..you got rerun BD again..wowow...hahaha...Now I'm watching Change Takuya...very good drama...a must see one..I like it!!! but it made me sad of my politic in my country...if it possible to find a prime minister as Asakusa K...as Takuya played :P

Here some artwork by iamcrazy from SL thai board

http://www.i-upic.com/images/451_SL1.jpg

Thanks Lee for constantly sharing so many interesting news/goodies/artwork of JW in this forum. :D

I am crazily indulged in a drama-thon – watching few dramas in a row! Oh you are watching Change – it was one of the best Jdoramas released last year and another of KimuTaku’s successful drama. If you like Hero, you’ll love him even more in this role as one of the youngest PM and his chemistry with Fukatsu Eri is awesome. Yeah, I know how you feel – if only life can imitate art! God Bless your country.... :) Sorry...for OTP! :vicx:

Any news on the following?

how did Star's Lover did in Japan? I hope it did much better than in Korea.

What's CJW's next project? Would love to see her in another drama/comedy...maybe with her former co-stars as well. It's a bit difficult to find

news about her in the States. It's a bit limited so I'm grateful for this forum.

Thanks!

Welcome to this thread, bethq! :D

Normally, JW’s drama will get better response from viewers in Japan than in her home ground. It appears that SL fared much better in terms of rating/ranking in Japan as compared to Korea. Currently, Star’s Lover is only broadcasted through cable TV and I think the response could be better if aired through national TV channels. Oh btw, SL is ranked third at the moment and I think it is compared with other type of production – 1st part of Red Cliff is ranked first whereas the movie version of Hana Yori Dango is ranked second.

I heard CJW will be making a comedy in her next project. I am not sure who will be her male co-star but it would always be a treat for diehard fans of WS, BD, STH, AC, SL, if she’s paired with familiar actor. :P

Guest riehae

Japanese just loves JW a lot.

It would have been better if it aired not on cable. Higher ratings for that.

Guest andy2009

May 9, 2009

'결혼' 설경구-송윤아, 알고보니 한양대 커플

마이데일리 기사전송 2009-05-09 11:00

200905091048571114_1.jpg

[마이데일리 = 강지훈 기자] 오는 28일 전격 결혼을 발표한 영화배우 설경구(41)-송윤아(36)가 한양대 동문이라는 사실이 또 한 번 관심을 모으고 있다.

두 사람은 모두 한양대 출신으로 설경구는 1986년 연극영화과에 송윤아는 1994년 문화인류학과에 각각 입학한 선후배 사이다. 공식 자료는 없으나 연예계에서 한양대 동문끼리 결혼한 것은 거의 처음이라는 게 관계자들의 중론이라 색다른 화제를 낳고 있다.

한양대 출신 연예인으로는 이들 외에 최불암 이영애 이병헌 정선경 권해효 홍석천 변소정 박미선 유오성 조혜련 강동원 이청아 장근석 김효진 등이 있다.

[오는 28일 결혼을 발표한 송윤아(왼쪽)와 설경구. 사진 = 마이데일리 DB]

Source: news.nate.com

'Marriage' of Seol Kyung Gu - Song Yun Ah, Hanyang University alumni couple

[My Daily = Kang Ji Hun, reporter] The latest celebrity couple to be married on May 28, actors Seol Kyung Gu (41) and Song Yun Ah (36), is gaining interest as they were both Hanyang University graduates.

SKG who majored in theater and movies entered the university in 1986 while SYA a student in cultural anthropolgy back in 1994. There have been various personalities in the entertainment industry with Hanyang University background but this is probably the first time similar alumni celebrities marrying.

In addition to famous artistes graduating from Hanyang University are Lee Young Ae, Lee Byung Hun, Jeong Seung Yeong, Kwon Hae Hyo, Hong Seok Chun, Byeong So Jeong, Park Mi Seon, Yu Oh Seong, Jo Hye Ryeon, Lee Chung Ah, Jang Geun Seok. (of course, from a previous article -- Choi Ji Woo is also a Hanyang University graduate, the same goes to BH's sister, Lee Eun Hee-ssi).

Related info wikipedia/Hanyang_University

Thanks Lee for constantly sharing so many interesting news/goodies/artwork of JW in this forum. :D

I am crazily indulged in a drama-thon – watching few dramas in a row! Oh you are watching Change – it was one of the best Jdoramas released last year and another of KimuTaku’s successful drama. If you like Hero, you’ll love him even more in this role as one of the youngest PM and his chemistry with Fukatsu Eri is awesome. Yeah, I know how you feel – if only life can imitate art! God Bless your country.... :) Sorry...for OTP! :vicx:

I heard CJW will be making a comedy in her next project. I am not sure who will be her male co-star but it would always be a treat for diehard fans of WS, BD, STH, AC, SL, if she’s paired with familiar actor. :P

Fel...I just finished watching CHANGE today....It's awesome drama...I LOVE IT!!!! Though I never seen Hero yet (but I got dvd already) Takuya played very well, his role is idol PM for the world..haha....

For SL, I'm sure it will going well in Japan than in Korea..as we know Japanese love her more than KOrean ^^ As I know, SL will be broadcast in Free Channel later after finished cable TV. Seem it'll be aired in Oct...something like that ^^ Jiwoo fighting!

For Jiwoo new project, I'm glad that she plays comedy..coz I wanna see it :lol: For her co-star, we got to pray ..coz there are some actors that I want Jiwoo to play with..hee..hee.... ;) But I also like her to play film too ^^

Fanart by iamcrazy@ SL Thai

273_slep2.jpg

Guest winghlau

KBS World just started showing one of her very old drama, The First Love (1996). Anyone knows whether there is a thread of this drama under a different name? Cannot find anything under the name 'The First Love'.

Guest bethq

Welcome to this thread, bethq! :D

Normally, JW’s drama will get better response from viewers in Japan than in her home ground. It appears that SL fared much better in terms of rating/ranking in Japan as compared to Korea. Currently, Star’s Lover is only broadcasted through cable TV and I think the response could be better if aired through national TV channels. Oh btw, SL is ranked third at the moment and I think it is compared with other type of production – 1st part of Red Cliff is ranked first whereas the movie version of Hana Yori Dango is ranked second.

Thanks for the welcome and the reply. Much appreciated! I'm really grateful for this forum as folks here quite understand my deep liking of CJW and Korean dramas. Although I must admit that to-date I have only watched the following: YiSan (my first drama), Star's Lover, Beautiful Days, Winter Sonata and Stairway to Heaven. It's even hard to find good DVD's with great English sub-titles. My family and friends make fun of me about my affection for these dramas. You just can't imagine the teasing I get about it. Oh well....I bought 3 DVDs at an Asian store here and the sub-titles gave me a headache. I found a good DVD for Stairway (4x the price I bought at the Asian store with the bad sub-title) in a Korean market and the guy at the store said that if it is in a Korean store. most likely it will have better sub-titles. He ordered Beautiful Days for me and guaranteed that it would have great sub-titlesl. Can't wait for that to arrived! Looking forward to CJW's next film. Again, thank you so mcuh!

Guest AllforCJW

KBS World just started showing one of her very old drama, The First Love (1996). Anyone knows whether there is a thread of this drama under a different name? Cannot find anything under the name 'The First Love'.

Really? I want to see First Love. How do you subscribe KBS world? is it through cable TV or can you watch it on their website?

p.s: I just checked KBSworld site. Never mind..it's through satellite and cable TVs, which means I can't watch. If anyone else knows where else to watch The First Love, please let me know.

Fel...I just finished watching CHANGE today....It's awesome drama...I LOVE IT!!!! Though I never seen Hero yet (but I got dvd already) Takuya played very well, his role is idol PM for the world..haha....

For SL, I'm sure it will going well in Japan than in Korea..as we know Japanese love her more than KOrean ^^ As I know, SL will be broadcast in Free Channel later after finished cable TV. Seem it'll be aired in Oct...something like that ^^ Jiwoo fighting!

For Jiwoo new project, I'm glad that she plays comedy..coz I wanna see it :lol: For her co-star, we got to pray ..coz there are some actors that I want Jiwoo to play with..hee..hee.... ;) But I also like her to play film too ^^

Lee, if you don’t have the time to watch the Jdrama, Hero, I suggest that you watch the movie version. LBH played a cameo role in that movie.

I've actually lost count on how many actors I've tried to pair JW with ..... I don't mind new breed of actors spicing up with her! 23_2_58.gif

Hello winghlau! :D

I don’t think there’s any thread on First Love – I normally post related news/discussion on this drama at CJW and BYJ’s thread. Actually, the main characters in this story delved on Choi Su Jong (elder brother of BYJ) and Lee Seon Yeon’s role. Since this is a lengthy drama (66 episodes), they gave very adequate screen time for other secondary and supporting role characters. The next main role character is BYJ’s role as Chan-Woo and I think he stole the limelight from CSJ. :P

Thanks for the welcome and the reply. Much appreciated! I'm really grateful for this forum as folks here quite understand my deep liking of CJW and Korean dramas. Although I must admit that to-date I have only watched the following: YiSan (my first drama), Star's Lover, Beautiful Days, Winter Sonata and Stairway to Heaven. It's even hard to find good DVD's with great English sub-titles. My family and friends make fun of me about my affection for these dramas. You just can't imagine the teasing I get about it. Oh well....I bought 3 DVDs at an Asian store here and the sub-titles gave me a headache. I found a good DVD for Stairway (4x the price I bought at the Asian store with the bad sub-title) in a Korean market and the guy at the store said that if it is in a Korean store. most likely it will have better sub-titles. He ordered Beautiful Days for me and guaranteed that it would have great sub-titlesl. Can't wait for that to arrived! Looking forward to CJW's next film. Again, thank you so mcuh!

You are most welcome bethq!

So I guess you are going to watch BD soon – if you like CJW’s drama, this is another excellent piece of work from both the main leads – intense body language and the hot kiss-scenes - need countless rewinding! :lol: I had to admire Min Chul’s (played by Lee Byung Hun) manipulative kissing methods – worked every time on JW (Yeon Soo)! There’s one scene where JW went overboard with the kissing scene – it was supposed to be a “reluctant-kiss” but she twisted the script by enjoying the kiss…hehehe!!! :lol: And one more thing, Ryu Shi Won envied LBH for all the kiss-scenes scripted in the story for him – when he played CJW’s lover in "Truth", he barely get to kiss his leading star! Yup, very true – the kiss was merely a touch-on-the-lips kind. RSW has the kind of smile that’d melt the heart out of you. :D

Yeah, it’s quite normal that we get to buy dramas with bad english subs. I think those quality english subs are available in Yesasia or from other official broadcasting sites.

I never expected someone like you to watch a period drama as your first indulgence in K-drama. :o Though it’s very lengthy I enjoyed watching Yisan too (honestly, I paid less attention to some of those characters I wasn’t interested in) – fell in love with the prince’s charming and soft voice … and another one of HJM’s great performances.

Thanks thanitab for the coolpics.gif - she looks so charming in all angles when she's busy chatting!

Welcome back Annichoi!

Sorry, I haven't been very productive in this thread - thanks to all who has done a great job!

AllforCJW, I believe you can watch it through TVANTS. If you need any assistance, Hyc had posted a tutorial guidance on how to download the software (the site is in Chinese character) at this thread :-

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...5954&st=460

Btw, Episdoe 3 & 4 is scheduled this weekend @ 9.50 pm (Korean time).

Guest ruthlene

You can watch some of the dramas you mentioned above at www.mysoju.com & they have good English subtitles. You can also watch some of CJW's films in Crunchyroll.com.

Guest xuexi

:o miss a lot here .... what to do, have to cut down on internet surfing due to dry eyes and eyestrain problems. Thanks to Hyc, Felicia, wrblee, and everyone for all the sharings, pics and updates. Thanks, Felicia for the recaps on BD, I like this drama too :D

Waiting to hear more updates on CJW's new project :D

Take care and keep in good health, everyone as H1N1 is still an imminent threat to all of us :D

Lee, if you don’t have the time to watch the Jdrama, Hero, I suggest that you watch the movie version. LBH played a cameo role in that movie.

I've actually lost count on how many actors I've tried to pair JW with ..... I don't mind new breed of actors spicing up with her! 23_2_58.gif

Fel.where can I find Hero file to see ;) if there is any link I can download for it ^^

I also don't mind new breed too but I want some new breed who is abit older than her (not much younger) :D but if the script suit for younger main actor...it's fine for me as well ^^

Here is SL Calendar...by Anni...she made it herself ^^

img022.jpg