Someone is using my email to sign up for things?!

Guest Charmingbestfriend96

Guest Charmingbestfriend96

I do not want to delete my email account but i have been recieving email subscriptions for stores that i have not signed up for. I unsuscribe but i keep getting more from different stores.

What is the person's intention for doing this? I dont want to get a new email account.

Is there a way to get the person to stop even though i dont know who they are?

Guest jaejoongie <3

well first, they need your e-mail password to confirm that the e-mail is authentic.

I suggest you change your password regularly. 

OR it could be spam. You gave away your information to website and they gave away your information to other 3rd party websites. 

gmail has a really good spam filter... 

you can just mark it spam and never pay attention to it. 

I don't know how you'd stop whatever website from giving away your information. o.O 

Guest monkeyinabarrel

well first, they need your e-mail password to confirm that the e-mail is authentic.

I suggest you change your password regularly. 

OR it could be spam. You gave away your information to website and they gave away your information to other 3rd party websites. 

gmail has a really good spam filter... 

you can just mark it spam and never pay attention to it. 

I don't know how you'd stop whatever website from giving away your information. o.O 

Actually you don't need their email password to sign them up. Many sites just require the address

(lol trust me on this I was planning to sign one of my friends address to several online news letter; including USA today)

send it to spam folder (or if you have gmail; I'll explain later) or create a folder for newsletter/spam and then once in a while just press delete all

When you send something to spam it affects all gmail users because Google keeps a large database of spam addresses and that's why you usually don't have to manually do it yourself. I don't know about other email providers but you better check yours because I used to send all my Facebook emails to spam but I didn't know for a while why it kept reappearing in my inbox.

Maybe you have friends like me who are devious and want to annoy you for fun

Guest madebyTAG

I say change your password. Similar thing happened to my Gmail account, and Google forced me to change my password actually

You can't. Just like how facebook and google give away your information.

You gave them permission when you signed up for their service though, so that's a different story I guess.

In the worst case, your e-mail actually starts racking up so much crap from so many people that the e-mail provider decides to block your account.

But I think that's only in cases where you're the one that's actually sending out crap to millions of people.

Guest snsd_foreverr

lmafo...when I was younger, I used to subscribe the people I hated to a lot of Adult sites. Gave me a laugh when I saw them open their email at school :P

There are many online surveys and just a lot of places on the internet that asks for your email. Once you give it to them, your email is put on some database. And then other companies can find you and automatically send you their ads. No one really has to hack your email to subscirbe you to spam. 

A lot of sites/spam will spam you even more after you unsubscribe because after you "unsubscribe" the system will log your email as a valid and active email address so they should send you more stuff.

Archived