Kenneth Ma as Cheung Yat Kin 張一健
Mandy Wong as Hung Mei Suet洪美雪
Him Law as Yeung Pui Chung 楊沛聰
Ben Wong as Chong Pok Man, John 莊博文
Raymond Cho as Chin Ho Tat 錢豪德
Wilson Tsui as Fan Chi Ngok 范智岳
Derek Kok as Lui Siu Yat 呂小益

Synopsis:

A group of medical interns and residents are training to become doctors. These medical interns and residents are on call 36 hours a day with the attempt to help there patients get the very best care and triumph through their illness.

credit: misscupcakees

Trailer: http://youtu.be/HGEBJ39lZTU

Additional Link:
The Hippocratic Crush On Call 36 小時 Dramafever English Subbed Episodes

Guest strawberrynkiwi

My bf, who worked as a medical intern in Hong Kong, said there are lots of medical discrepancy. For example, they don't on call for 36 hours anymore and you can't actually see people's faces in the hospital because everyone wears a mask.

Guest Justalilodreamer

The most recent episode i've watched was episode 16 and it bore me to tears =/ ...both 15 and 16 has been boring and lacking in storyline. Most of the episodes before that was great though. Hopefully the pace picked up after epi 16...I like Mandy Wong as an actress cause i think her acting is superb, but her character here is annoying and unlikable. The rest of the cast are good (except for the guy who plays Andy, his acting is terrible although hes alright with his crying scenes)

Guest heartdrops

The most recent episode i've watched was episode 16 and it bore me to tears =/ ...both 15 and 16 has been boring and lacking in storyline. Most of the episodes before that was great though. Hopefully the pace picked up after epi 16...I like Mandy Wong as an actress cause i think her acting is superb, but her character here is annoying and unlikable. The rest of the cast are good (except for the guy who plays Andy, his acting is terrible although hes alright with his crying scenes)

Watch ep 18! The ending put me to tears!

Ep 20 was sooooo boring though. It was more about the other characters's storylines rather than the main ones.

I agree Mandy is quite good and yes, she's totally unlikable! I would've been ok if it was a fair competition between Mei Suet and Yu Zai for Yat Kin Tau, but nope, she's like lying and everything.

Omg, I thought I was the only one that thought that about Andy. I cringed, I really did. Though he improved slightly with the crying scenes and when Grandma died. Who is he anyways?! Is he like another one of those contestants on previous Mr. HK?!

Here's a fanvid btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs2yX0jMDx0&feature=g-u-u&context=G2393219FUAAAAHgAGAA

Epi 19 was more focused on Mei Suet, Yu Zai and Yat Kin Tau's love triangle and I was able to watch this episode entirely from beginning to end. lol Kenneth is adorable haha

But I thought it was good that Mandy's character is playing unfairly because this creates good drama between the three

I agree. Mandy is definitely a great actress and I hate how TVB gives her the stupidest characters. Her character in L'Escargot was super annoying as well. Sigh. It's a pity to see such a great actress like her suffer in these kind of characters.

I'm kind of hesitating to watch it now.. ah -_-

Guest hunterheart

I just finished the series. I thought the beginning started off really well, it was well paced and the character development was interesting. Here you have the cold stoned Kenneth Ma who is misunderstood and Him Law who plays the smart but slacking intern. I loved the relationship that was played out between those two.

The plot then got draggy and I didn't care much for the characters anymore. All of the issues seemed to resolve themselves as sudden as the problems came and the reasons for the "drama" and "hate" were not well justified to begin with. It felt like they were pushing Jing Jing in the end when she played such a minor role. I think they exaggerated her role in the drama since she only dated Yat Hong for what, a day? And seeing how easily she got over her last boyfriend, I wasn't into what they planned for her at the end. Yat Hong was merely a plot device for Kenneth's whole character which made it hard for me to care much for Yat Hong in the end.

Tavia Yeung and Him Law scenes were adorable! I really liked the chemistry they had together. I felt that the Tavia & Kenneth pairing lacked that chemistry and especially the ending it felt like they were trying too hard to relate back to the title "The Hippocratic Crush" and got all philosophical which I really disliked.

I heard they are going to have a sequel to this drama! I just hope they wont ruin the drama itself since i found it pretty good for me to watch a tvb drama because lately all tvb dramas aren;t as good as they were before!

I am only watching probably because of Kenneth. Plus i want to see more Ben+Mandy scene in the sequel, it better not be a whole new thing but a continuation!

Guest Aimee_1994

I finished Watching This Drama. My Gosh It Was Emotional, I Cried Watching This Drama...especially When Nathan Died.

Also With Him Law's Scene W/ His Patient...

Guest TiFFaNiZeD

I didn't think this drama was boring at all. All the events that happened were relevant. there were a lot of touching moments. My favorite character was Him Law.  I  loved seeing his growth as a doctor, especially when he said, "being a doctor is not fun. not at all. But it is not supposed to be fun. I've had enough fun. it's time to be serious and be a good doctor."  I usually dont like him because of his scandals and stuff and bad acting but I thought he did exceptionally well in this drama.

JingJing was also very adorable. haha. watching this drama is like going through an emotional roller coaster.. got me tearing so many times and thinking about life. and I can't stop thinking about it even after it is over. =\

also, did anyone else really really like the theme song too? x]]]]

"The Hippocratic Crush" Celebration Dinner

Thursday March 29, 2012 Hong Kong

Source: the sun

Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com

a7ws6.jpgv5kx5.jpg

Kenneth Ma Works Hard to Make Money for Golden House to Keep a Beauty

Kenneth Ma attended a dinner for series "The Hippocratic Crush". When asked when the sequel would be filming, he said, "Perhaps the end of the year or the beginning of next year!" As for his workload greatly increasing after the release of the series, he laughingly said, "Hope to have prize money. Right now, property prices are expensive...haven't saved up enough money yet. (A golden house to keep a beauty?) If have a lot of money, do not mind, but want to get a bigger house!"

Tavia Yeung Takes Kenneth Ma Clothes Shopping to Improve Taste

Tavia Yeung and Kenneth Ma attended a series dinner. Kenneth revealed that Tavia took him clothes shopping. Tavia immediately asked, "He said himself...he has everything...has a flat, has acting ability, but does not have taste! (Think that Kenneth has no taste in which respect?) Clothing. He must change his image. As a friend, want to give him pointers...do not mean to criticize him!"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Christinaisweird

OMGGG, I finished this series, approximately two weeks ago. Tavia, Kenneth, and Him (surprisingly) were great & the actor who played Kenneth's younger brother! I hated the way, the writers wanted mei-suet to be, cause she ruined the mood most of the times (generally speaking, I felt it was 2/3!!), not mention, I wanted less focus on her.

I am happy, the drama ended on a happy note.

^^^ LOLSSS, in one of the pictures from the first post, is that Ron???? o.O

OMGGG, I finished this series, approximately two weeks ago. Tavia, Kenneth, and Him (surprisingly) were great & the actor who played Kenneth's younger brother! I hated the way, the writers wanted mei-suet to be, cause she ruined the mood most of the times (generally speaking, I felt it was 2/3!!), not mention, I wanted less focus on her.

I am happy, the drama ended on a happy note.

^^^ LOLSSS, in one of the pictures from the first post, is that Ron???? o.O

Yeah he was filming ATF that time (other cast in that drama is: Ruco, Yoyo Mung and Aimee Chan). Ron dropped by personally for Tavia's birthday (she was on the set for On Call 36 Hours) and also brought a cake to celebrate with her.Every year they would always celebrate their birthday together (along with fans at the meeting) but due to their busy schedule, they couldn't do it this year. So Ron took the initiative and brought the cake on the set for her to celebrate together. Their birthdays are only 2 days apart, Tavia is 8/30 and Ron is 9/2 that's why they celebrate it every year together ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Bby-GIE

I LOVED THIS SERIES! THE BEST SERIES THIS YEAR!
Apparently there is going to a sequel to this. Super excited.

• 1 month later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "Lawrence Ng Filming "The Hippocratic Crush" Sequel to Help Save TVBTuesday August 21, 2012 Hong Kong
Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com
rafl1.jpgTVB has been suffering from a lack of siu sangs and fa dans. Recently, successfuly persuaded Lawrence Ng to return to film series to save TVB. Yesterday, Lawrence revealed having just signed a per series contract with TVB, filming the sequel of "The Hippocratic Crush" with Kenneth Ma. In order to make this happen, TVB was willing to accommodate Lawrence's money-making schedule at the end of the year, delaying the start of the filming to beginning of February 2013...no wonder Lawrence kept saying that the conditions that TVB offered were very good.

Yesterday, Lawrence, Ada Choi, etc. did a recording for "Let's Play with Our Food", demonstrating their cooking skills in pairs. When asked whether he would be playing the role of Dr. Ching Chi Mei in the sequel of "Hippocratic", he said, "Don't know yet. TVB has also asked for opinions. I want to play an entirely new character...would be quite special to have Black Jack's one-eyed look. (Which female lead do you want to work with?) Asked Ada early on. She is very busy...doesn't have time". He asked in reply whether there were any good suggestions. Reporters suggested for him to look for Christine Kuo, who is recently being heavily promoted by TVB. He said that he never saw her before and also do not know her, but also gasped upon hearing that she is a pretty girl.

On the other hand, because the two had to demonstrate their cooking skills in the programme, Ada revealed that Lawrence was very nervous about the dishes...reminded her over ten times. She laughingly said that Lawrence is good at eating. Reporters hinted that Lawrence likes to eat dishes from different countries; Ada laughingly said, "A pampered son of an influential family must have standards; however, I haven't cooked for a few years. Now, best at making baby formula. Have sponsors for milk powder, diapers, and baby products. Hope that someone looks for our family of three to film a commercial...make money and also have memories". She also highly praised Lawrence's daughter as being a very pretty girl, saying that she doesn't look like Lawrence at all. Recently, there have been many joyous occasions in the industry. She told everyone to be at ease, as she would definitely have more kids. 

Archived