[ MBC Sitcom 2012] Stand By/스탠바이

Guest mijoo-pearl

Han.Ji.Yoon, thanks for all your hard work and for trying to accommodate our shipping hearts ;) As arinkorin says, just take your time. While the subs are most helpful, the fact that each episode runs for 20 minutes helps us to get by without them. So, don't rush and enjoy your break.
huama, too bad about the ratings. I'd like for it to be higher because of the actors, specifically So Min, as this is her comeback project. On the one hand, I'm also not surprised by the low ratings. Even after her return, my interest in the show continues to subside. The show has humor, but for me, the writing has gone down in the last few weeks. It's plodding at times, and the direction's too much of a guessing game. And I don't think it helped that Joon Geum and Papa Ryu's loveline was thrust into the show's forefront for two weeks. Of course, people have different reasons for not tuning in, but I do blame the writing.
Even with that said, here's the latest episode, if anybody's interested in streaming it.
Watch Standby Episode 42 RAW

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest arinkorin

angieknows_11, hehe, yeah I just watched ep 44 yesterday and I don't really know what to feel about that episode! I'm really glad for the interactions, but erk not to keen on the ending! At first I believed that Suk Jin is finally opening up to Soo Hyun, but in the end, after he figured out/assumed that Ki Woo has a one-sided crush on Soo Hyun, I'm not sure if he's sincerely going to like Soo Hyun or just doing it for the sake of his revenge on Ki Woo. Oh well, I guess we'll figure it out as the story progresses! :D

Guest Han.Ji.Yoon

Hello everyone! Thank you all for your support and encouragements! I just wanted to share this recap that I wrote for episode 44. I was super excited about that episode because of the Suk Jin-Soo Hyun-Ki Woo triangle involved, so I went ahead and subbed/translated practically all their scenes from last Friday's ep. 
Episode 44 Selective Recap
If you stop by and decide to read it, please feel free to leave a comment on the bottom with your opinion! ... or simply one that indicates that you read it. If enough people like it, then I might continue with more of the episodes to come. :) 
Hehe. Looking forward to today's episode! :D Enjoy guys~

Han.Ji.Yoon, you're awesome!!! Thank you for taking the time to recap episode 44 :) You've really put in a lot of work ;)
arinkorin, I know what you mean. I'm on the fence about Suk Jin and Soo Hyun because of his true intentions. Heh, in the end, he could end up liking her despite his initial motive for pursuing her.
Okay, here's the latest episode, ready to be streamed:
Watch Standby Episode 45 RAW

Suk Jin's intentions still seem to stem from his less than stellar time in high school and with that how he pictures Ki Woo being part of the hell that he suffered as a result of his own low self-esteem. The problem I foresee is that since we suspect Suk Jin's reason for asking Soo Hyun if she sees either Ki Woo or himself as a man is to illicit some kind of response from her [i.e., to see if what Suk Jin witnessed was a result of a true relationship or a one-sided relationship). 

On top of that since we believe/know this I think the writers are going to continue along this "You stole my first love, I'm going to steal yours" story line but in the process we're going to see Suk Jin fall in love with Soo Hyun. 

I honestly hope the writer(s) don't actually do this because as it stands I don't really like Suk Jin. He's too quick to blame others for his own failings. I mean who didn't have a hard time in high school, how many of us we part of the "in crowd", etc. (to summarize we had our ups and downs just like he did). For the most part we all realized that at some point after the fact but we moved on as we're supposed to but Suk Jin on the other hand seems to have held on to it like a security blanket or little baby blanket, pillow, or stuffed animal and simply carries it around and then runs home to tell his parents [his little book] that he was bullied.

I know a lot of you wouldn't mind this setup since it opens up the possibility for So Min

Guest KoreanCanucklehead

I really hope Suk Jin doesn't enter into this whole situation between Soo Hyun and Ki Woo (and Jin Haeng to some extent). Suk Jin's role in the sitcom seems too comedic and minor to take part in it, the writers made him into too much of a side character to being with, aside from the feud with Ki Woo.

Maybe they'll poke at the So Min and Ki Woo relationship  in later episodes, but I hope things start to speed up a little, there have been too many fillers thus far. But being the bias person I am, I hope they make Simon D, Kyung Pyo, and Ye Won's roles more significant. Especially Ye Won. If they develop her character a bit, I'm sure something serious can happen between her and Si Won.

Archived