[ MBC Sitcom 2012] Stand By/스탠바이

Guest mijoo-pearl

Guest jeankaycee16

Park Jun Geum - the one who plays "Hyun Bin's mother" in Secret Garden will also act in this sitcom. Confirmed~

*quoted image*

Source: Star MT

As I know, Kang Geun Jun - who is currently acting in Salary Man Choi Han Ji of SBS also will acting in sitcom Stand By

*quoted image*

thanks pearl for sharing! yahoo more and more castings are being confirmed!

hopefully as early as now we can get a glimpse of the whole cast with MinMin!

can april be early? so excited for april!! ^_^

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ila_KL

Im Siwan as Baek Seung Jo #2???! ;)

Im Siwan’s specific role is a high school student by the same name, who not only has perfect grades, but also handsome looks and talent to boot. Having virtually everything at his will, he acts rather indifferently to everyone around him.

source: allkpop

Si Wan will now put his comedic chops to the test and will take on the role of high school student, who excels in his studies, sports and music but has little interest in his popularity.

source: kpoprocks

Guest Merit

As the news starting to come in, I am so hype about this. It sounds so interesting. Who is the guy that is going to pair up with Min?

Off topic....Hanjeung I can't seem to PM you because it won't let me. I tried several times yesterday but nothing went through. :(

Guest jeankaycee16

As the news starting to come in, I am so hype about this. It sounds so interesting. Who is the guy that is going to pair up with Min?

Off topic....Hanjeung I can't seem to PM you because it won't let me. I tried several times yesterday but nothing went through. :(

in regards to whose gonna be the one pair up with MinMin its really unclear yet because even though Ryu Jin and MinMin where the first ones to be announced as the cast of Stand By it doesnt guarantee that they will be the pair up! And also as discuss in dramabeans, a sitcom has a very large cast to fill so we dont know yet if all the cast has been filled or even the pair ups is already been done ^_^

So for now, the best way is to wait and see! To be honest even though excitement is driving me nuts, Im anticipating who will be Minmin's pair and how their loveline will occur!

I really hope its april already! can't wait for Stand By! ^_^

Guest Hanjeung

As the news starting to come in, I am so hype about this.  It sounds so interesting. Who is the guy that is going to pair up with Min?

I'm excited about MM's trip to Japan on the 11th -- I hope she gets asked about Standby.  I read somewhere that Im Siwan is playing a Baek Seunjo-like character (smart and cold personality, etc), a high school student. 

Off topic :  Merit...  I sent you a PM (didn't have trouble like the last time... try if you can reply to it instead of composing).  Good luck. 

Guest Merit

I'm excited about MM's trip to Japan on the 11th -- I hope she gets asked about Standby.  I read somewhere that Im Siwan is playing a Baek Seunjo-like character (smart and cold personality, etc), a high school student. 

Off topic :  Merit...  I sent you a PM (didn't have trouble like the last time... try if you can reply to it instead of composing).  Good luck. 

Yes, can't wait for her to be in Japan and learn what she has been up to until now besides the sitcom. Min is going to do great, I really love her facial expressions in PK.

Hanjeung: I did reply back but unfortunately only your message got through, mine didn't. So, I am still having the same problem not sure why. Anyway, if you don't mind just shoot me your e-mail.

Guest Hanjeung

Here's another article from Javabeans:

MBC sitcom Standby adds to its castby javabeans | March 7, 2012 | 13 Comments

siwan_29.jpg

Upcoming daily sitcom Standby is busily filling out its cast for its April launch, bringing onboard Im Shi-wan (The Moon That Embraces the Sun), whose casting has been rumored for a while but now is confirmed. The show will depict the workplace family at a fictional broadcast station TV11, and stars Ryu Jin as a (bumbling) aspiring news anchor.

Im will be playing a high schooler whose character shares his own name. He’s a student with top marks and a chic appearance — the guy who has everything, except maybe a care, since he’s indifferent to everybody around him. Aw, is Jung So-min gonna have to deal with another annoyingly perfect high school robot boy? Well, if she could teach Baek Seung-jo how to feel emotions, maybe she’ll have similar luck with Shi-wan.

Note: No word yet on lovelines, so I’m not making any assumptions. Ryu Jin and Jung So-min were announced first, but there’s no indication yet that they’ll be a romantic pairing; keep in mind that sitcom casts are large, and there are a number of roles left to be filled. That said, High Kick has taught me that sometimes the unlikeliest pairings are the ones that tug most at the heart.

It’s a busy time for Im, and while he was already somewhat known in kpop circles as an idol in nine-member boy band ZE:A, he can thank Moon/Sun (where he played eye-blindingly pretty Yeom) for his newfound popularity, which he’s parlaying into several more acting gigs. Soon we’ll be able to see him in Equator Man, portraying the younger counterpart to Lee Jun-hyuk’s character, and then Standby.

Another supporting cast member who’s recently come onboard is Park Joon-geum, who was recently in Ojakkyo Brothers but is still largely known as “Hyun Bin’s mother” for her role in Secret Garden as the socialite mom throwing verbal stones at Hyun Bin’s literal glass house, and fiercely opposing Ha Ji-won for being — horrors! — poor.

Park plays an announcer who’s a “living legend” at the station with a killer fashion sense, and probably a doozy of a strong personality. At least we know she’s got that one in the bag.

Standby follows High Kick 3 and premieres next month on MBC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merit:  check your PM. 

Guest estanyela

minmin update your

http://me2day.net/jsominmin/2012/03/08

minmin says "Ego is a thing of the past, becoming one of the puzzle pieces do not end how to find my piece of the past at this time is starting from scratch. From the beginning, there was a piece of pure puzzles, puzzles. The complete set of many pieces of the puzzle is the only.:wub: 

Guest mijoo-pearl

minmin update your

http://me2day.net/jsominmin/2012/03/08

minmin says "In the past, rather than a mystery, at the end of the one from my past, I found a moment since our founding.  No puzzle piece, perfect from the beginning of the puzzle. Is the only complete collection of many pieces of the puzzle.:wub: 

Regarding Min Min herself, please go to Min Min thread in Soompi, this thread for only the sitcom.

And just want to clear something, that me2day account, is not Min Min. Is a FAKE account from one Korean fan.

Guest estanyela

Regarding Min Min herself, please go to Min Min thread in Soompi, this thread for only the sitcom.

And just want to clear something, that me2day account, is not Min Min. Is a FAKE account from one Korean fan.

ok I apologize. I thought only the message talks about how it feels to do comedy. are you sure that is not your account?.

Guest mijoo-pearl

ok I apologize. I thought only the message talks about how it feels to do comedy. are you sure that is not your account?.

You have right to choose believed me or not ^.^

I know very clear where the source is, but I can sure, that me2day is not So Min. Just like some FAKE Twitter and Facebook account >"<

btw, Stand By will be shooting from 20 March, when MM comeback from Japan next week ^.^

Guest estanyela

You have right to choose believed me or not ^.^

I know very clear where the source is, but I can sure, that me2day is not So Min. Just like some FAKE Twitter and Facebook account >"<

btw, Stand By will be shooting from 20 March, when MM comeback from Japan next week ^.^

ok, I believe you know you are reliable my dear pearl. and very happy that minmin returns March 20.

Guest mijoo-pearl

Sorry Pearl for cutting your post. Just want to say thank you for sharing this stuff to us. It's good to hear that she will start with the shooting soon. I just hope that I could watch it here in Italy. I really miss her so badly.

I also happy very much, MM was take a rest for so long, and I, myself just think how amazing we are when waiting for her over a year ^.^ That's why MM always thankful her fans.

When she comeback, she will put all of her strength to work, that's why I love our girl.

I can't wait to see Min Min's new style for Stand By. Dont worry I think you can download it~

Again with Stand By casting News

LEE KI WOO will have lovelines with Jung So Min in sitcom Stand By

1331244219_27115753-f.jpg

Source; http://tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1331244819285005002

Guest ila_KL

I also happy very much, MM was take a rest for so long, and I, myself just think how amazing we are when waiting for her over a year ^.^ That's why MM always thankful her fans.

When she comeback, she will put all of her strength to work, that's why I love our girl.

I can't wait to see Min Min's new style for Stand By. Dont worry I think you can download it~

LEE KI WOO  will have lovelines with Jung So Min in sitcom Stand By

*quoted image*

Source; http://tvdaily.mk.co...244819285005002

oh my god! he's one of my potential yummy mc yum yum (credit m-i-l-o) candidate :phew: !! gorgeous acting in flower boy ramyun shop! :wub:

Guest Merit

*quoted image*

He's very cute, when I saw his picture he automatically reminds me of Andrew Gregson, a Thai actor that I adore. As a matter of fact, they can be siblings. He does look tall though. But it's OK, I like petite girls with tall guys, it's romantic that way.

Guest Hanjeung

Another article from All Kpop News

[News] Jung So Min to comeback in new MBC sitcom

06Mar

jung-so-min6.jpg

Actress Jung So Min will be making her comeback through MBC's upcoming sitcom.

According to MBC on March 6th, Jung So Min has been cast in the new sitcom tentatively titled "Standby". She will be playing the role of an independent woman who works part-time jobs in order to become successful.

"I have also had quite an interest in sitcoms and I am really excited to show my fun and unpredictable side through my role," Jung So Min stated.

"Standby will focus on the everyday stories of producers, writers and announcers working at the broadcasting company, TV11. The sitcom is set to air early in April after the current show "High Kick 3" ends its run.

Guest adrilovkorea

This is another article where it mentions the character who plays Lee Ki Woo happy.gif

Lee Ki-woo joins Standby to romance Jung So-min

Lee Ki-woo has picked his next TV project, and well, that does it; now I’m just going to have to watch Standby, aren’t I? Especially since he’ll be embarking on a bickering romance with Jung So-min, the gullible village girl in the big city. Sweet!

As the latest addition to the MBC sitcom set in a television station, Lee Ki-woo plays a character named Ryu Ki-woo, which means he’s going to be playing Ryu Jin’s younger brother. (When actors are cast as siblings in sitcoms, they’ll often keep their first names and then just adjust the family name to match the elder actor, like Seo Ji-seok did in High Kick 3.)

The character of Ki-woo has an optimistic, sociable nature and is full of good cheer. He’s handsome and charming on the outside, but in actuality he’s a mischievous type, and “has everyone wrapped around his finger.” What, like that’s bad? *Unwraps self momentarily.* I love how both brothers are described as looking cool and perfect, but are all quirky on the inside. (Elder brother Ryu Jin is desperate to make it to the big time as a news anchor and starts on a campaign to advance himself at the station.)

Jung So-min lives downstairs from Ki-woo, and the two will embark on a “cute love story.” Aww, I can’t wait. Standby premieres in April.

Guest 160Mhel

*quoted image*

When I saw this photo that you posted Pearl my reaction was....Oh my goodness, this man is so tall, so tall for Minmin. Lol... Now i cant wait for April to come to watch Standby.....

Archived