[Drama 2012] A Wife's Credentials 아내의 자격

Guest YunRa1430270238

A little bird tells me that it's likely that in due course one of the best subbers on the scene will produce English subs for this drama.

My advice to anyone not unduly impatient and without good Korean  is to wait for that to happen. What's currently out there by way of subs and recaps are honest enough efforts, but they fall some way short of catching the quality of writing in this superb drama. Watching it with subs that do it justice will be a totally different experience, well worth waiting for.

That's it, I'm completing my raws! :D It's Mister X right?!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it, I'm completing my raws! :D It's Mister X right?!

What else can I say to that but 글쎄, that marvelous and utterly untranslatable expression of Korean non-committal let-me-off-this-hook-ness? (Seeing how I'm 65, I don't need to bother making that into 글쎄요 in present company).

Unlike Auntie Mame (or Seo Rae and Gyeol in episode 5 of this drama), I am not skilled in the precise interpretation of birdsong, so I only got a vague idea, which I passed on FWIW, but with some degree of confidence.

@Auntie Meme, actually, it broke 4% on its finale...

Episode Ratings

Date Episode Nationwide

2012-02-29 1 1.07

2012-03-01 2 1.26

2012-03-07 3 1.42

2012-03-08 4 1.32

2012-03-14 5 1.62

2012-03-15 6 1.61

2012-03-21 7 1.58

2012-03-22 8 2.16

2012-03-28 9 2.01

2012-03-29 10 2.41

2012-04-04 11 3.36

2012-04-05 12 3.14

2012-04-11 13 2.98

2012-04-12 14 2.89

2012-04-18 15 3.08

2012-04-19 16 4.05

Mr X announced yesterday that he has started working on this drama and will start releasing subs next week!!  biggrin.gif

This is the Twitter he announces when subs are ready.

Here is the webpage where the subs are released.

The subs will be timed to Karot 720p. I was hoping semi-fly would get all the Karot RAWs for this drama, but she (?) only has Khai on some of them. Anybody know where to find them (except for aja aja (which you have to pay $20 for a year for membership)).

I can't wait to start watching this drama. So happy we will have the best subs possible for it!!  w00t.gif

It would be really interesting to see the discussions/comments on this drama from various Asian websites.  I'm wondering about the difference between an eastern and western perspective on the topics covered in this drama; especially since it had consistently high ratings and broke 4%.

Thank you Imbestigador and itsArtemis for the info. 

And, the biggest THANK YOU to Baduy for keeping this thread alive.   :D

Guest thunderbolt

Here's the Episode 4 recap:

http://thundiesprattle.com/2012/05/21/a-wifes-credentials-episode-4/

Enjoy! ;)

WOW...just great and i'm so impressed to see that this thread though this drama had been long ended, still goin on from time to time and with the good news too....

Thunderbolt, yes thank you for the recaps better late than never...hope there's more to come.

Hello auntie mame, still hanging 'round here too... ;)

WOW...just great and i'm so impressed to see that this thread though this drama had been long ended, still goin on from time to time and with the good news too....

Thunderbolt, yes thank you for the recaps better late than never...hope there's more to come.

Hello auntie mame, still hanging 'round here too...   ;)

Hi, hi to you, minggay68, too!

I'm so glad that we have recaps and subs for this drama.  Now, we can finally enjoy this drama in full.  Not that we didn't enjoyed it watching the raw.  But, now, we don't have to guess about 'stuff' anymore.  hahaha

It is amazing and a testament to the drama that people are willing to so much effort to recap and sub even after the drama has ended.     :D  And, especially for a drama that has no fan-girls or boy idols.  :P

Thank you so much to thunderbolt and DramaTic for their generosity and willingness to share with us.  :)

• 1 month later...
Guest tamakiyenora

ive been searching for the subs of this drama and no subs are out yet. Anyway ive feen watching it raw for the first time since my kdrama addiction started. hehehe... i would like to recommend this drama.. you'll never regret it. and to the subbers i wish you can sub this one... Awesome drama...

I, too, am waiting for the subs no matter how long it takes.  If there is one word to describe this drama, it's "meaty".  I certainly appreciated the summaries from baduy, especially the ending, and look forward to watching it in it's entirety.  A good script, mature actors, and a story that takes place in the 21st century with real furniture and daily activities... how unique!

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't bet on it. The people who are taking control of rights for Korean dramas in the US aren't really interested in DVD production in the longer term. In general the media companies would like to see the end of DVD and BluRay distribution, because those methods place physical copies in the hands of people who pay for them. What the media companies are aiming for is delivery on-line on demand, whereby they keep absolute control of their products and can turn the supply off and on at will. On this model, you would never buy a DVD. You would take out a subscription to an on-line service and unless you keep up the subscription you lose all access to the items concerned. This gives them an income stream indefinitely and allows them to escalate prices at will.

The irony is that MisterX is one of those who believes in freely sharing the subs.  So much so that his subs for Comrades, Shin Don, etc, were housed on WithS2 and freely shared with Dramafever.  So, Dramafever is using his subs, but filed a DMCA complaint with the host server who shut down his blog.

Talk about biting the hand that fed them . . .

As for DVD, there's no chance because it isn't popular enough to generate a lot of DVD sales.  So, no one will bother to go to the trouble of producing DVD's for a small audience and buyers.

Seven episodes are now fully translated at Darksmurf.  The subbing software is very user friendly so if anyone is interested in subbing, be it translating or editing, go to the site and give it a go. The translations can be done from the Chinese subs or the Korean audio. While it occasionally seems that everyone on the site has a different opinion re: a particularly difficult line of dialogue, that can also be viewed as a challenge that makes subbing rewarding:}}  If you're interested in completing this drama, I urge you to join in the translating effort at Darksmurf.

Archived