[Drama 2012] Yellow Boots 노란 복수초

Guest YunRa1430270238

Kang Wook is the son of Yoon Jae's stepmom. Yoon Jae and Yoon Hee are children from their dad's first marriage. Yoon Jae has never gotten along with his stepmom. Yoon Hee had a much better relationship with her. Kang Wook lived overseas by himself. So, when he came to Korea, he looked forward to having siblings. Due to Yoon Hee's death and the stepmom constantly being at odds with Yoon Jae, things have only gotten worse between them. The stepmom and Kang Wook held Yoon Jae partly responsible for what happened to Yoon Hee. Since then, their issues with Yoon Jae revolve more around Yoo Ra (they know she framed Yeon Hwa as a corporate spy, Kang Wook cares more about this than his mom) and the stepmom wanting Yoon Jae out of the company.

Thank you so much for your help! This clears things up for me! :-)

it'll be interesting to see how the family dynamics will be thrown into further disarray with the full throttle impact of the revenge plot down the road... something along the lines of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Love this drama!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Knov1

I agree. This is why I think Yeon Hwa will marry Kang Wook once she finds out that he is "Choruba" (her penpal) and gets out of jail. Kang Wook's mom wants him to get married but he's hesitant to go on any blind dates. But, we all know he'd marry Yeon Hwa in a heartbeat. By marrying Kang Wook, Yoo Ra and Yoon Jae would have to deal with Yeon Hwa every day. Marrying Kang Wook would also put her at odds with Yoon Jae. So, that right there would explain how they become enemies. With Kang Wook being president of the company and Yeon Hwa being the elder daughter-in-law, Yeon Hwa would have all the power. Even if it's a loveless marriage, Kang Wook isn't going to care. He'd get the family (Yeon Hwa, Soo Ae, mom, etc.) he's always wanted and he gets to rub it in Yoon Jae's face.

I agree. This is why I think Yeon Hwa will marry Kang Wook once she finds out that he is "Choruba" (her penpal) and gets out of jail. Kang Wook's mom wants him to get married but he's hesitant to go on any blind dates. But, we all know he'd marry Yeon Hwa in a heartbeat. By marrying Kang Wook, Yoo Ra and Yoon Jae would have to deal with Yeon Hwa every day. Marrying Kang Wook would also put her at odds with Yoon Jae. So, that right there would explain how they become enemies. With Kang Wook being president of the company and Yeon Hwa being the elder daughter-in-law, Yeon Hwa would have all the power. Even if it's a loveless marriage, Kang Wook isn't going to care. He'd get the family (Yeon Hwa, Soo Ae, mom, etc.) he's always wanted and he gets to rub it in Yoon Jae's face.

Me too - totally with you that Yeon Hwa will marry Kang Wook. Yeon Hwa for revenge and Kang Wook for love and family. I can't wait for this segment to start and the revenge to begin. It's heartbreaking to see Yeon Hwa's family get broken up like this and suffering so much. The next twist after the marriage that I see is that there's going to be turmoil in their marriage at some point b/c I think Yeon Hwa will still harbor feelings for Yoon Jae and he for her (plus they have a kid together - although in the preview it looks like something might happen to the kid) so in addition to the corporate struggles, the love geometry (quadrangle) will get played out. I wonder if there will be a case where Yeon Hwa, as Kang Wook's wife, will be expected to follow through with the mother-in-law's machinations (though mother in law is very wary of Yeon Hwa's loyalty/love to Kang Wook) to ensure that Kang Wook receives sole executive power as the head of the company and if Yeon Hwa will feel obligated (or at least torn) to help Yoon Jae. Would the mother-in-law and Yoo Ra ever band together to get rid of Yeon Hwa (though they are diametric enemies in terms of the corporate struggles) but for Yoo Ra, perhaps ensuring that Yeon Hwa is out of the picture is more important that whether Yoon Jae maintains executive corporate powers or not... I can't wait for Yeon Hwa to finally get out of jail... hopefully, it'll be soon!

One of the things in this drama that mystifies me a bit is how suddenly Kang Wook falls for Yeon Hwa. I know it's a drama.. but this is one thing that the writers could've spelled out/drawn out more. He didn't really interact with her at all in the beginning of the drama so aside from the compassion and sympathy he feels, it seems kind of sudden that he's fallen for her so hard. But yeah, it's a drama so I'll cut it some slack... :-)

Guest Knov1

Yoo Ra being pregnant has to be the game charger we've been waiting for. Yoon Jae won't want to leave her now. Also, he's likely to take her side from now on, even against Yeon Hwa. That should be sufficient for Yeon Hwa to go road rage mad and take out everyone in her path.

Guest Knov1

a question the man who beats Choi Kang is also in love with Seol Hwa Yeon?:sweatingbullets: episodio45

Are you talking about the preview? Kang Wook punches Tae Il because he's harassing Yeon Hwa. Tae Il isn't in love with her. He's helping Yeon Hwa as a favor to Kang Wook but he still blames her for Yoon Hee's death.

Not sure when that scene will occur but it wasn't in ep 46.

Archived