[Drama 2012] Twelve Men in a Year 일년에 열두 남자

Guest YunRa1430270238

Hey guys, I know this thread has been quiet but I finally saw on Facebook that episodes 1-6 are subbed on Dramacrazy.net. Finally!! Yay!!!

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/twelve-men-in-a-year/

(Pardon me for the big text, I'm really excited. ;-D)

Just watched the subbed episodes! the show is really great and funny! I loved the scene a the party, where the friend sang with her! I wish I had a best freind like her or I was just as awesome and kick richard simmons like her friend!

Guest beguileiota

Ever since I heard about this drama on Dramabeans, I was really looking forward to it. However, I was so sad to find that no one was subbing it and that there was almost no buzz about this drama. But then I saw that Hulu was subbing it and it was just really exciting. So far, I've watched the first four episodes, and I'm loving it! The drama is really breezy...the lead actress is pretty relatable, her best friend is great, and all the great eye candy is definitely not a bad thing. In the beginning I kind of hated her ex but slowly, as the show progresses, it shows how loyal and wonderful her ex is and obviously she's going to end up with him after the 11 other men she'll date (this isn't a spoiler...it's just obvious), but maybe that's not so bad.

Anyway if anyone else is watching this, let me know, so we can discuss it together!

Ever since I heard about this drama on Dramabeans, I was really looking forward to it. However, I was so sad to find that no one was subbing it and that there was almost no buzz about this drama. But then I saw that Hulu was subbing it and it was just really exciting. So far, I've watched the first four episodes, and I'm loving it! The drama is really breezy...the lead actress is pretty relatable, her best friend is great, and all the great eye candy is definitely not a bad thing. In the beginning I kind of hated her ex but slowly, as the show progresses, it shows how loyal and wonderful her ex is and obviously she's going to end up with him after the 11 other men she'll date (this isn't a spoiler...it's just obvious), but maybe that's not so bad.

Anyway if anyone else is watching this, let me know, so we can discuss it together!

I really enjoy this series, too.  I've watched it through ep. 12.  Without revealing too much, I'd just like to say that you'll have to reserve judgment about her ex until later in the series...

Aww, it was over waaay too soon. I would have liked to have seen some more episodes because I felt the last two episodes were a bit rushed. I love that...

Mi Roo and Lee Joon got together but it was so abrupt. Last week for eps 13 & 14, I was giving up hope that they would get together especially since the magician was in cahoots with Hae Ra but it seemed that Jin Oh realized that he was still in love with Mi Roo.

I liked how it all turned out in the end but I wish that we got to see Mi Roo date some more men.

Oh and Hae Ra...

woooah, she totally did a 180 this week. She was super scary!!! It was the Wrath of Hae Ra. I understand where she was coming from but Bae Geu Rin can turn on the sweetness and then click, turn it off so quickly. I felt that she did the same thing in 49 Days. Both dramas, the change in her characters were justified... maybe less so in this drama but I get that she was hurt by love. But it just kinda made me think that if I ever encounter Bae Geu Rin, I would NOT want to get on her bad side.

:crazy:

Guest beguileiota

I really enjoy this series, too.  I've watched it through ep. 12.  Without revealing too much, I'd just like to say that you'll have to reserve judgment about her ex until later in the series...

NOOOO the ex's not a good guy? NOOO but okay I'm up to episode 9 and I'm going to talk about each of the guys now and let's see how we match up in opinion:

1) Hyunwoo the biology professor - I think he was pretty hot, sophisticated, um I kinda really liked him and I was just wondering, well what could go wrong? Well you know what went wrong but I didn't think that was the worst way for him to "break up" with her.

2) Won Bin the rocker - wow what a major douchebag. You could tell he was a richard simmons from the very beginning. Hot but wow just what a player.

3) Alex the trainer - umm really portraying the Aries here as sex-driven only. I didn't dislike him as much as I thought I would've, considering the way the show player him up. But all three guys so far have shown major lack of maturity...all of them were players essentially...maybe that's the only way for the show to go on?

4) Shi Hoo the idol - I honestly liked him the most so far. I don't think the's the most handsome guy on the show but his character was really, really amazing. In love with the noona...so sweet! Blah and he'd give up his career for her. Such a sweetheart, gah I'm gushing.

I was kind of miffed with the way the show promoted existing kpop groups. Shi Hoo's group is Supernova and one of his groupmates plays the barista Gwanwoo...was anyone else seriously confused by this? I mean, usually when they put a real idol in a drama they portray either a unique character or an idol role. Sung Je, who plays the barista Gwanwoo, is in the same band as Shi Hoo and Shi Hoo's character's band mates don't include Gwanwoo? It just seriously confused the crap out of me. Also the rookie girl group EXID is simply the girl group 'Girls' in this drama. Lol the names don't get any less imaginative than that.

Other than that all thing, I'm pretty amused by this drama. I rolled through eight episodes in like two days; that's a record for me. But then my school work...oh well!

NOOOO the ex's not a good guy? NOOO but okay I'm up to episode 9 and I'm going to talk about each of the guys now and let's see how we match up in opinion:

1) Hyunwoo the biology professor - I think he was pretty hot, sophisticated, um I kinda really liked him and I was just wondering, well what could go wrong? Well you know what went wrong but I didn't think that was the worst way for him to "break up" with her.

2) Won Bin the rocker - wow what a major douchebag. You could tell he was a richard simmons from the very beginning. Hot but wow just what a player.

3) Alex the trainer - umm really portraying the Aries here as sex-driven only. I didn't dislike him as much as I thought I would've, considering the way the show player him up. But all three guys so far have shown major lack of maturity...all of them were players essentially...maybe that's the only way for the show to go on?

4) Shi Hoo the idol - I honestly liked him the most so far. I don't think the's the most handsome guy on the show but his character was really, really amazing. In love with the noona...so sweet! Blah and he'd give up his career for her. Such a sweetheart, gah I'm gushing.

I was kind of miffed with the way the show promoted existing kpop groups. Shi Hoo's group is Supernova and one of his groupmates plays the barista Gwanwoo...was anyone else seriously confused by this? I mean, usually when they put a real idol in a drama they portray either a unique character or an idol role. Sung Je, who plays the barista Gwanwoo, is in the same band as Shi Hoo and Shi Hoo's character's band mates don't include Gwanwoo? It just seriously confused the crap out of me. Also the rookie girl group EXID is simply the girl group 'Girls' in this drama. Lol the names don't get any less imaginative than that.

Other than that all thing, I'm pretty amused by this drama. I rolled through eight episodes in like two days; that's a record for me. But then my school work...oh well!

I think she meant that Jin Oh started off as a schmuck but you warm up to him as the drama goes on. I definitely didn't like his character in the beginning until we get to the Won Bin episodes.

I was okay with Hyunwoo as well. He likes it casual but Mi Roo was coming off a long-term relationship so I felt like it was just bad timing. I do agree with Tan Ya on this one though. He was bad at breaking it off with her. He likes the casual lifestyle but doesn't have the guts to talk about what he wants with Mi Roo? Whatevs. She was rebounding and he had a good inkling of that when she asked to hug her on the street and he kissed her instead. The end of that was such a Berger Post-It moment for me.

Won Bin was totally a richard simmons. Hehe but how the drama portrayed him totally cracked me up. Those lines. Ay, I wish I could say guys don't really do this but they do and it's hilarious. :lol:

Alex... sigh, he's firmly in the date rapist category for me. No means no!! He even said that if she said stop, he would stop. Which he didn't. His episodes were a bit dark and then you've got the whole thing with the obsessed ex-gf who ended up being someone who was taken advantage of by him.

Si Hoo's okay. Hmm, he was the young guy with a sweet crush on Mi Roo but other than that he really didn't leave much of an impression on me. I wasn't as miffed about the way Kwang Soo and Sung Je came out in the drama. Although it was funny that when Mi Roo and Tan Ya were doing research on Si Hoo, they showed one performance from Mnet Countdown and you can see that it's Sung Je singing in front of Kwang Soo. Eeeh, I guess they were going for the meta. Speaking of noona and dongsaeng love, I love the puppy dog Gwan Woo with cool Tan Ya. They're cute together. :wub: :wub:

If you're halfway through the drama, it becomes less about the people Mi Roo dates now which I kind of find it a bummer. Although next up should be the magician. Hee, he's the magician that frequently appears on Star King with the chipmunk cheeks. Choi Hyun Woo. His role is more about revealing Mi Roo and Jin Oh's true feelings more than anything else. I thought it was interesting.

My favorite guy is definitely Lee Joon but the drama didn't really highlight him enough as a character. For me, it was more about the intrigue and the oddness of his character that drew me in. Lol. :phew:

I think she meant that Jin Oh started off as a schmuck but you warm up to him as the drama goes on.  I definitely didn't like his character in the beginning until we get to the Won Bin episodes.  

I was okay with Hyunwoo as well.  He likes it casual but Mi Roo was coming off a long-term relationship so I felt like it was just bad timing.  I do agree with Tan Ya on this one though.  He was bad at breaking it off with her.  He likes the casual lifestyle but doesn't have the guts to talk about what he wants with Mi Roo?  Whatevs.  She was rebounding and he had a good inkling of that when she asked to hug her on the street and he kissed her instead.  The end of that was such a Berger Post-It moment for me.

Won Bin was totally a richard simmons.  Hehe but how the drama portrayed him totally cracked me up.  Those lines.  Ay, I wish I could say guys don't really do this but they do and it's hilarious.   :lol:

Alex... sigh, he's firmly in the date rapist category for me.  No means no!!  He even said that if she said stop, he would stop.  Which he didn't.  His episodes were a bit dark and then you've got the whole thing with the obsessed ex-gf who ended up being someone who was taken advantage of by him.

Si Hoo's okay.  Hmm, he was the young guy with a sweet crush on Mi Roo but other than that he really didn't leave much of an impression on me.  I wasn't as miffed about the way Kwang Soo and Sung Je came out in the drama.  Although it was funny that when Mi Roo and Tan Ya were doing research on Si Hoo, they showed one performance from Mnet Countdown and you can see that it's Sung Je singing in front of Kwang Soo.  Eeeh, I guess they were going for the meta.  Speaking of noona and dongsaeng love, I love the puppy dog Gwan Woo with cool Tan Ya.  They're cute together.   :wub: :wub:  

If you're halfway through the drama, it becomes less about the people Mi Roo dates now which I kind of find it a bummer.  Although next up should be the magician.  Hee, he's the magician that frequently appears on Star King with the chipmunk cheeks.  Choi Hyun Woo.  His role is more about revealing Mi Roo and Jin Oh's true feelings more than anything else.  I thought it was interesting.  

My favorite guy is definitely Lee Joon but the drama didn't really highlight him enough as a character.  For me, it was more about the intrigue and the oddness of his character that drew me in.  Lol.   :phew:

You're right that my main peeve w/ Jin Oh is the way that he dumped Mi Roo. But I also feel that he even though he loved Mi Roo, he didn't try hard enough in the right way to make it work, instead he started a relationship with someone who he didn't love (at first) for professional advancement.

Guest Bijan630

Wow, I'm really sorry that this drama isn't getting the attention it should.  tvN has been producing some of the most refreshing K-dramas.  I consider them to be a change of pace from the traditional K-drama storylines that I've watched over the years.

It's a drama in which I didn't have to yell at my computer screen, I didn't feel like pulling out my hair, no frustration, no spending months on end watching and evil main character getting away with murder only to end up being forgiven in 1 episode, no unexpected plot twists that are left unresolved......it's just entertaining.

Sometimes Twelve Men in a year makes me laugh, or puts a little smile on my face.  I sit back and relax as I watch the story unfold.  It's truly a sweet drama and I think it's worth watching. 

I was pleased to find out about this drama when I searched for Yoon Jin Seo's projects. I've seen the first 3 episodes and love this drama. The good thing about finding it just after it finished airing is that I now have access to English subs for all the episodes. I loved Yoon Jin Seo in Return of Iljimae and was disappointed that I had such a hard time finding subbed versions of her movies. For some reason, I have an easier time finding subs of TV shows, in general.

The subject matter for Twelve Men in a Year is decidedly adult in nature, so I am beyond pleased to see that it aired on cable, because a cable channel will probably handle this type of drama better.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beguileiota

So I'm finally done with this drama! And I have to say, I'm quite surprised with how everything ended up.

I didn't think Jin Oh would actually end up with Hae Ra. I KNEW he didn't love her, but I didn't think he'd let Miroo go because he still loved her. So in the end, he decided to stick with Hae Ra because he wanted to advance in the hotel? I don't know, but that seems like awful character development. So to me his character didn't develop at all throughout the series.

About Tanya and her choice to go with Gwan Woo. Well, I mean she wasn't totally hardcore set on it. Her character to me the whole time was very amoral, if you know what I mean. She had almost no regard to anyone's feelings (except for her best friend Miroo) and the drama shows why she's like that, but to me it really doesn't seem like she changed much throughout the series. I'm still glad she chose Gwan Woo at the end though. If she didn't, I would've felt so bad for him.

And about Miroo with Writer Lee...I didn't forsee it, but I guess it works. Personally Lee's personality started to really bother me towards the end of the series. I have to say I didn't enjoy the second half of this drama as nearly as I enjoyed the first half, where she was still going around meeting different guys. That was more of the series for me.

So for me, I was a little disappointed with the ending. Thoughts, guys?

So I'm finally done with this drama! And I have to say, I'm quite surprised with how everything ended up.

I didn't think Jin Oh would actually end up with Hae Ra. I KNEW he didn't love her, but I didn't think he'd let Miroo go because he still loved her. So in the end, he decided to stick with Hae Ra because he wanted to advance in the hotel? I don't know, but that seems like awful character development. So to me his character didn't develop at all throughout the series.

About Tanya and her choice to go with Gwan Woo. Well, I mean she wasn't totally hardcore set on it. Her character to me the whole time was very amoral, if you know what I mean. She had almost no regard to anyone's feelings (except for her best friend Miroo) and the drama shows why she's like that, but to me it really doesn't seem like she changed much throughout the series. I'm still glad she chose Gwan Woo at the end though. If she didn't, I would've felt so bad for him.

And about Miroo with Writer Lee...I didn't forsee it, but I guess it works. Personally Lee's personality started to really bother me towards the end of the series. I have to say I didn't enjoy the second half of this drama as nearly as I enjoyed the first half, where she was still going around meeting different guys. That was more of the series for me.

So for me, I was a little disappointed with the ending. Thoughts, guys?

I like that Mi Roo ended up with Lee Joon but that's just because I found him hot. There's no logical reason for it.

:phew: I'm personally glad that Mi Roo and Jin Oh didn't get back together but I sooo did not see him with Hae Ra at all. From the beginning to the end, I don't think they made a convincing couple for me. To be honest, I felt that the last two episodes felt really, really rushed. I actually wish it was 20 episodes. And I mentioned this before but I was bummed that the drama became less about Mi Roo dating the men of the zodiac in the 2nd half of it. I get that Mi Roo was trying to explore herself in relation to Jin Oh and they were trying to figure stuff out but baaah. I didn't love the last 2. I also wished the mom had a fling with the dance instructor. I thought that was cute and I'm mad that it seemed like she was heading for a reconciliation with the dad.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so tempted to open these spoilers, but I'm trying to wait until I finish watching the entire show first. I just finished episode 10, so as long as real life doesn't get in the way, I should be done soon.

So far, I really love this show. When I found out it was a tvN show, I was even more impressed with tvN because it tends to choose interesting dramas to air. Yoon Jin Seo is amazing in Twelve Men in a Year and I hope to see her leading more dramas. I thought she was the best thing about Runaway Plan B, but she only had a supporting role in that drama, so I've been struggling to finish it.

About Twelve Men, no ending will surprise me because I've found this show very unpredictable so far. Some of the guys have really surprised me because they are not falling into the patterns I expected. Mi Roo's relationships are just as complicated as she is. I also found it interesting that her best friend, Tan Ya, is just as unpredictable as she is. Usually dramas have one kooky friend and one more settled friend. I love Mi Roo and Tan Ya's relationship.

I also enjoy Mi Roo's relationship with her ex, Jin Oh. However, as much as I like him and like their scenes together, I don't want them to get back together. I think they have great friendship chemistry, but there were no sparks between them as lovers. In their first scenes when they were together as a couple, they were funny, but dull. Both Mi Roo and Tan Ya even commented about how Mi Roo and Jin Oh's relationship had no sparks, so the show seemed to be acknowledging that they don't work as lovers.

Since Jin Oh can be considered the lead guy, at first, I expected them to end up together no matter what because that's usually how romantic comedies turn out. However, I'm getting the feeling that this may not be the case for this show and that is fine with me. Jin Oh is turning out to be a very good friend for Mi Roo and I like that, but I think he has more lover sparks with Hae Ra.

As for Mi Roo's other relationships, I'm really curious about what will happen in the end because, so far, Jin Oh has been the only constant man in her life. She also seems to be missing him more, but is that because she loves him as a man or because her personal life is so unsettled at the moment?

Now, I'm off to watch episode 11.

The good news is that this drama is now completely subbed. It's on Dramacrazy.com and several other sites. Drama Fever also plans to make it available soon, which means that Hulu will also have it. Although I'm watching it on Dramacrazy, I plan to watch it again when Drama Fever gets it because they usually have HD versions of the episodes.

About Mi Roo's ex, Jin Oh, I've always thought he was a good guy, I just don't think he and Mi Roo are right for each other. It was interesting to find out how that he had been in love with her long before she became interested in him. I was surprised because I got the impression that he took her for granted. But, perhaps that's because they had been together for so long that they had become like an old, bickering married couple.

I haven't gotten to the end yet, but I'm not as sure as you were at this point about who Mi Roo will get together with. This show has been very unpredictable, so far.

Guest glacierkn

Does anyone know where I can find softsubs for this drama? I would really like to keep it.

I just finished and it was SO good! I loved the maturity and realistic-ness of this drama. It just kept getting better and better.

I just finished Twelve Men and loved it. I was completely surprised by the ending, but it was a pleasant surprise. Because this show wasn't afraid to push the envelope, I was prepared for anything. When Mi Roo hooked up with the seemingly perfect for her, Hyunwoo, the hot professor, I was wondering how the show was going to continue with the premise of her dating 12 guys. Thankfully, this show didn't disappoint me because the hot professor turned out to be not so perfect for Mi Roo after all.

Although I didn't like seeing her get hurt, she was in full rebound mode, so I think she was more in love with the idea of being in love again, so she wasn't ready to get involved with another serious relationship. In reading some of these posts, I see some think Hyunwoo was cruel to Mi Roo, but I don't see it that way. Because of the Tanya card mix-up, I think he thought Mi Roo was as ready for a casual relationship as he was. It's too bad they both got their signals mixed.

I found myself liking most of the guys, even Mr. richard simmons-bag, the rocker, Won Bin. He was so self-absorbed that I thought he was funny. Thanks for Jin Oh, he didn't get the chance to hurt Mi Roo too badly when he returned. I liked Alex, the trainer, but his segment was shorter than I expected. I expected to see him at least once more. Si Hoo, the Idol, was adorable. He surprised me because I thought if any of the guys would be a richard simmons-bag, it would be him. Instead, he turned out to be a sweetie. I love how honest Mi Roo was with him.

The only thing that could have made this show better would have been more Lee Joon. He caught my attention from the beginning, but then he kind of disappeared, so I didn't expect to see him again. It was a pleasant surprise when he reappeared.

Archived