tumblr virus?

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

I haven't used my tumblr for a while and I just noticed that today there was this random "tumblr cheesecakefactory giftcard" giveaway on my dashboard.

I'm usually careful about clicking on links, I usually rollover them first and if it's one of those links that is a "disguised" link, even if it's to make the URL shorter, I don't even bother clicking it cause I have no idea where the link could lead me.

but anyways, I rolled over the link and saw that it was one of those short URLs but then I noticed that it was actually *my* blog that posted the giveaway and was like wth??

I figured out pretty quickly it's probably one of those things where if you click a link you end up getting the virus that posts on your account (like the facebook viruses)..

I'm not sure how that happened since I never click on links before I rollover them, unless it was accidentally.

any-whoo ....I already changed my password and stuff, but my main concern is does this virus thingie affect my computer too, or is it strictly a hack? maybe i was being dumb and accidentally entered my info into a site that wasn't tumblr. I'd rather it be that than actually having a virus on my comp too

Guest cinnachuu

It only affects tumblr, as far as I know ^^

I haven't heard anyone report viruses on their computer from it, and I don't see how it could go onto your computer

Archived