[Drama 2012] Arang and The Magistrate 아랑 사또전

Guest yeohweping

Yoo Seung Ho′s and Park Jun Gyu′s Stills for ‘Arang and the Magistrate’ Released

2012-07-20 15:39  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/cont.. icon_copy_1.gif   The character still cuts of Yoo Seung Ho and Park Jun Gyu from the upcoming Arang and the Magistrate have been released.

35427907.jpg

In the upcoming MBC drama, Yoo Seung Ho will play the Great Jade Emperor who is the ruler of the heavens and is a universally-acknowledged ‘sexy guy,’ which the character even acknowledges himself.

His four categories of interest are women, peaches, the arts and betting. Though possessing somewhat of a playboy image, in moments of need, he demonstrates incredible charisma.

On why he agreed to take on the role as the Great Jade Emperor, actor Yoo Seung Ho shared, “I wanted to show a new take on the Great Jade Emperor than the ones people normally think of. He actually possesses a lot of age but likes to play around and has a naïve and positive mindset. The scenes with me and Park Jun Gyu will be some of the funny elements of Arang and the Magistrate.”

Park Jun Gyu plays the King of the Underworld and is a principled man who believes his words are the law and rule of the heavens.

Though he possesses a white beard and has the appearance of an old man, he is rumored to be the fraternal twin of the Great Jade Emperor. He carries a bit of an inferiority complex with the Great Jade Emperor.

Playing his first ‘king’ role in his long acting career, Park Jun Gyu shared his character would be a different appearance than the King of the Underworld that viewers have seen until now.

Arang and the Magistrate is based on a Korean legend about Arang, a girl who is murdered and returns as a ghost to convince a government office to investigate her wrongful death.

The drama also stars Lee Joon Gi and Shin Min Ah and will premiere in August.

Photo credit: MBC

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Joon Gi Parodies ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’ on His Drama Set

2012-07-20 16:23  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/cont.. icon_copy_1.gif   Lee Joon Gi has become the latest star to parody SBS’ A Gentleman’s Dignity.

Lee Joon Gi uploaded his interpretation of the drama with a picture on July 20 tweeting, “An aristocrat’s dignity.”

The picture showed Lee Joon Gi dressed in traditional garb on the set of his upcoming MBC drama Arang and the Magistrate. With a carefree and bright expression, Lee Joon Gi sat seemingly unknowing of two supporting actors behind him, who looked like they were ready to strike a blow to Lee Joon Gi.

94975054.jpg

Netizens commented, “Lee Joon Gi must be a fan of A Gentleman’s Dignity too,” “I’m curious to see what ‘An Aristocrat’s Dignity’ is like” and I’m waiting for your drama to air!”

Lee Joon Gi’s Arang and the Magistrate will premiere on MBC on August 15.

Photo credit: Lee Joon Gi’s Twitter

class="blog_h2 entry-title"Lee Joon Gi is a man of dignity

July 20, 2012 7:30 pm dkrogers

20120720144606657.jpg

Actor Lee Joon Gi recently posted a funny picture and drew a lot of attention.

On July 20, Lee tweeted a picture that was taken on the set for the TV series Arang and the Magistrate with the comment, “A yangban’s dignity.”

In the picture, Lee is wearing a hanbok and posing with actors Kim Kwang Kyu and Song Jae Ryong. Lee is smiling while sitting his legs crossed and other two actors are posing like that they are about to hit him. The picture made many people laugh.

People who saw the picture responded: “Lee is appearing in a small screen after a long time.” “Lee is a mischievous man.” “I’m eagerly awaiting the series.” “Long time no see. I think the series will be so much fun.” “Lee is of noble birth.”

MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday series Arang and the Magistrate will start airing on August 15.

Source: Xportsnews

credit: http://en.korea.com/?p=360439

Meet the otherworldly beings of Arang and the MagistrateJul 20th, 2012 @ 05:11 am › javabeans

arang33.jpg

What a pretty heavenly king Yoo Seung-ho makes — as if we doubted he would, especially with his lustrous Barbie hair in Warrior Baek Dong-soo. But he ups things one step with his latest role (it’s an extended guest spot) in Arang and the Magistrate, where he plays the Great Jade Emperor.

The promos and teaser have made clear that this drama has got a strong quirky vibe, so it’s no surprise that this god-figure is a bit left of center: His character has a playboyish image, though he can turn on the dignified charisma in a heartbeat. For instance, Yoo explained that the Jade Emperor’s age is roughly equivalent to the King of the Underworld (played by Warrior Baek Dong-sooco-star Park Joon-kyu, pictured below), but as the ruler of the heavens who watches over new life and thinks positively, he looks much younger. Whereas Hades’ purview is death and bad deeds, which has taken a toll on his outward appearance.

Ha. For some reason that explanation tickles me. Also, does that mean we’re gonna get lots of scenes of 19-year-old Yoo Seung-ho treating 48-year-old Park Joon-kyu like a dong-gap buddy? Or better yet, talking down to him with banmal and a cheeky attitude?

arang35.jpg

Asked how he feels about the role, Yoo said, “At first, I found it difficult to create the character of the Jade Emperor, whether handling the dialogue or the character’s costume and hairstyle. We don’t know anything about the Jade Emperor, and the common image that comes to mind when we speak of him is an old grandfather with white hair. But in this drama I have to show his pure, simple side, which was difficult. But the staff helped me a lot, and both they and I are satisfied with the results.”

Then there’s his counterpart, the lord of the underworld, who is rumored to even be the Jade Emperor’s fraternal twin. HA. That would be great — and can Jade be the hyung?

The Underlord, aka Park Joon-kyu, said of the drama, “There are a lot of scenes that are entertaining just to think about, so I think you can look forward to good things.”

Then there’s the character caught between the two lords/planes of existence, Mu-young, played by Han Jung-soo. There are some humans who for whatever reason aren’t able to traverse to the afterlife after their deaths, left to wander the earth. Mu-young is a type of spirit who travels between the human world and the spirit one tasked with the role of ghost-catcher. Essentially he’s Hades’ henchman, akin to a Reaper, which explains the ominous all-black costume and the eyes like death.

arang34.jpg

One of said ghosts is our heroine Arang (Shin Mina), and he’s the reaper in charge of ushering her on to the hereafter… until she breaks free while pretending to be caught, making him responsible for chasing her down. Hee. Not only a feisty loud-mouthed ghost, but a successful runaway from Death incarnate? I’m liking it more and more.

Han Jung-soo explained his role and the name; the “young” part of Mu-young is represented by the hanja character for shadow: “Mu-young can become Arang’s shadow, and he can also become the shadow to the Jade Emperor and the King of the Underworld. Officially, he’s the King of the Underworld’s shadow, but it seems like the Jade Emperor would like for him to become hisshadow…”

There’s a mysterious aspect to the role, as Han explains: “He appears to be an extremely strong person, but you could also see him as a sad character. I can’t tell you the plot, but he’s a fellow who holds sadness close.”

Arang and the Magistrate premieres on August 15.

arang39.jpg

arang40.jpg

arang41a.jpg

arang42.jpg

arang43.jpg

arang44.jpg

Via OsenNewsen

http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/07/meet-the-otherworldly-beings-of-arang-and-the-magistrate/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; visibility: visible; "Yoo Seung Ho Is a Sexy Emerald Emperor for “Arang and the Magistrate”jbarky July 20, 2012Yoo Seung Ho Is a Sexy Emerald Emperor for “Arang and the Magistrate”

The character that Yoo Seung Ho portrays for “Arang and the Magistrate” is the emerald emperor. Within the storyline, the emerald emperor is the king of kings. (The highest god basically) However, the emerald emperor is interested in women, peaches, art, and bets.

Yoo Seung Ho said of his character, “I wanted to make a new kind of emerald emperor distant from the one that people usually think of. The emerald emperor is very old but he likes to have fun and is very naive and positive.”

“Arang and the Magistrate” is based on the “Arang” legend. The ghost “Arang” is played byShin Min Ah who is a ghost that wants to learn about the circumstances of her unfair death. She meets a magistrate Lee Jun Ki who can see ghosts and the two fall in love. The genre is a Joeseon period fantasy romance.

credit: http://www.soompi.com/2012/07/20/yoo-seung-ho-is-a-sexy-emerald-emperor-for-arang-and-the-magistrate/

class="entry-title"Yoo Seung Ho transforms into the Great Jade Emperor for ‘Arang and the Magistrate’ by d0rkyk0r3an

20120719_yooseungho_jade-460x690.jpg

A picture of actor Yoo Seung Ho in character as the Great Jade Emperor has been revealed.

Yoo Seung Ho will be making a special appearance on MBC’s new drama ‘Arang and the Magistrate‘.

The role that Seung Ho will be playing is the Great Jade Emperor, a king of the kings who rules over the heavens. His greatest interests are women, peaches, art, and betting. He may seem like a playboy, but he is actually a very charismatic figure.

Seung Ho said, “I wanted to create a new image that is different from the standard Great Jade Emperor.

‘Arang and the Magistrate’ is based off the folklore ‘Arang and the Magistrate’. The story is about the meeting of a ghost (played by Shin Min Ah) who wants her unfair death to be recognized and a ghost-seeing District Magistrate Eun Oh (played by Lee Jun Ki). This drama will air its first episode in August.

Source & Image: Star In via Nate

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/07/yoo-seung-ho-transforms-into-the-great-jade-emperor-for-arang-and-the-magistrate

Lee Joon Gi Faints on the Set of ‘Arang and the Magistrate’?

2012-07-25 17:30  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/cont.. icon_copy_1.gif   Lee Joon Gi has tweeted a picture of him having ‘fainted’ on his drama set.

The picture was tweeted on July 25 with the caption, “Heat wave issued Andong, fainted.”

The picture showed Lee Joon Gi in period costume and in between filming for his upcoming MBC drama Arang and the Magistrate.

Under the sweltering heat, Lee Joon Gi could be seen seated on the ground and propped against a tree, ‘faint’ from the heat.

65855959.jpg

Netizens responded, “I thought you had really fainted and nearly had a heart attack”, “Take care of your health!” and “You scared me!”

Arang and the Magistrate, starring Lee Joon Gi and Shin Min Ah, will premiere on August 15 on MBC.

Photo credit: Lee Joon Gi’s Twitter

Guest love_song

I'm anticipating for this drama BIG time!! I really miss Jun ki and I'm glad he is back! As for Shin Min ah; I really like her in MGIAG and I cannot wait for her to return to the drama world. I watched the teaser countless times and getting excited for it! 

Lee Joon Gi Has More Energy Than his Horse in in ‘Arang and the Magistrate’

2012-07-26 11:15  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/cont.. icon_copy_1.gif  
New still cuts of Lee Joon Gi filming on a horse were released by MBC on July 26 for the upcoming drama Arang and the Magistrate.

In the scene, Eun Oh (Lee Joon Gi) finds himself in a perilous situation and has to escape quickly on horseback.

Though the scene could have proven dangerous for a beginner, Lee Joon Gi displayed the results of his hard work and training as the scene was shot successfully.

Even co-star Shin Min Ah expressed her admiration for Lee Joon Gi saying, “I’m very reassured thanks to Lee Joon Gi.”

84721383.jpg

Moreover, Lee Joon Gi continues to film all his action scenes for Arang and the Magistrate himself without the use of a stunt double including the horseback riding scenes.

Despite the tiring work, Lee Joon Gi was said to show few signs of fatigue as he pressed on with his scenes with the horse until filming had to be halted to give the horse some rest.

Arang and the Magistrate will premiere on August 15

Photo credit: MBC

Lee Joon-ki rides a horse without stand-in

photo249467.jpg

Actor Lee Joon-ki was applauded for his horse-riding.

Lee Joon-ki shot a scene where he ran on a horse for the new MBC drama "Arang and the Magistrate". It was a high level task where there is danger. He didn't use a single stand-in and pulled it off.

Lee Joon-ki is not using stand-in's for most of the scenes in the drama. Sin Min-ah says, "He is reassuring".

"Arang and the Magistrate" is based on a legend about a ghost who wants to know the truth about her death and a magistrate who can see her. To be released in August.

Source : starin.edaily.co.kr/n... ( English )

Credit: http://www.hancinema.net/lee-joon-ki-rides-a-horse-without-stand-in-45716.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Archived