[Drama 2012] Arang and The Magistrate 아랑 사또전

Guest yeohweping

Guest yeohweping

l_2012061802000627800161391.jpg

http://sports.khan.co.kr/news/sk_index.html?cat=view&art_id=201206180812163&sec_id=540101

Lee Jun Ki reveals his magistrate look in MBC "Arang"

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not seen Lee Joon Gi since the day he enlisted for military on 3 May 2010 which was when I last saw him ! It has been 2 years and when I reached the filming site of Arang & Magistrate outside of Seoul on 17 June '12, I saw some Japanese fans and Korean fans hanging around the area which is mountainous with lots of trees. I went with my Taiwanese, Hong Kong and Japanese friends, 5 of us. It was hot and dusty but we endured it just to see Joon Gi ~~ After 30 minutes, he came out from where the truck with all the costumes were parked. I did not call out to him as he walked away with barely a glance at the 20 or so fans. Some called out to him and he slightly turned and then walked off up the forest trail . Shin Min Ah also appeared after changing into Hanbok costume. Of course all the fans could not go near them or even where their vehicles were parked. All of us stayed a distance away and waited for a few hours before they called it a day. SMA came down the hill first and then the production crew. Finally we saw Joon Gi walking down and firstly he talked to her staff and was laughing. Then he walked towards his car and all of us surged forward trying to speak or greet him. But he smiled and then quickly got into his car. My friends had presents for him and so handed them over to his road manager who was driving. I went near the car and the door was opened ! His manager was busy putting away the bags and I quickly stuck my head in and he was sitting there, still in his costumes. I said, "Hi, Joon Gi !" smiling and waved to him. He was caught by surprise when he saw me and he smiled a big one, then waved and replied, "Hi, long time no see !" I had not planned on getting the opportunity to actually talk to him and I did not reply to his greeting, I merely waved and stepped back. Was I tongue-tied or nothing came to my mind at that moment, silly me :) Then when his car was reversing to move downhill, all of us stood there and he waved to us through the front window and we waved back vigorously. He must have been quite happy that day. My friends told me that he only spoke to me during that time but I was not aware of it. I was digesting the amazing fact that I actually saw JG again after 2 years..haha ~~ Then we saw the others fans quickly moving down the road and we followed and there were the 2 black Starcraft Explorers parked by the road near the bus where they would change back into their own clothes. SMA came out first and at close view, she is fair and very slim. She got into her car and went off. We waited for JG to come out and he did, wearing teeshirt and bermuda. Up close again, I took another full look at his face and he is still the same old JG, good skin and still as charming as ever ^^ Although on the thin side, he had a slight cold. Everyone crowded around him while I waited at the door of his car. He was shaking hands with whoever he could reached and then as he was about to step in, I said to him to take care and shook his hand. He looked at me, smiling briefly and said "Thank you" and with another quick look at me, he went in and his manager closed the door as we stepped back by the roadside. It was a short and brief encounter with Lee Joon Gi but we were happy to see him    :) No one could see the actual shooting except for the team and production crew.

Guest kawaiiyuki

Looking forward to this drama. I read in Dramabeans that the story will a mix of genres (horror, humor... mystery) I'll be stalking the page until it airs. :)) I didn't expect it to have such a large cast!! excited!

Shin Mina becomes ghostly Arang
arang4.jpg

Now that the hero’s had his introduction, we turn to Arang and the Magistrate’s heroine,Shin Mina, pictured in these latest stills wearing hanbok for her role as the murdered Arang seeking justice for her death.

Shin Mina said, “I’m so excited and happy [to do this drama] that I find myself waiting for filming days. It’s because it’s my first drama in two years, but also because the script is so entertaining and the cast and staff are all working so hard; the more expectations grow for the drama, the more I want to do a really good job. I’m enjoying every moment on the set.”

She described her character, Arang, as a plucky, bright personality, in a departure from the typical ghost character. But I don’t expect this kind of plucky to hew to the usual heroine types, who are often Candys (poor but hardworking and optimistic): “She’s cynical and coarse and reckless, and strong-headed to boot, but not in a hateful way; she’s a lovable character. She doesn’t remember who she was in her life, and struggles to get by in this world, desperately wanting to know the reason for her death.” Ah, so the plot just got a hair more interesting—the ghost doesn’t know why she’s hanging around, so it’s not strictly revenge she wants, but the truth.

It also seems that the ghost doesn’t exactly get a free ride, despite her non-living status, because Shin describes Arang’s experience as “struggling to live in this world” and fighting with other creatures over the bits of food that get thrown on the ground as a ritual to scare away ghosts. (Hm, so a bit of a Dead Like Me setup, where the characters still have to fend for themselves even after they’re dead).

Co-star and drama hero Lee Jun-ki previously described his first impression of Shin Mina as “seeing a celebrity.” As in, feeling her star power. Shin said the same goes for Lee: “I felt the same thing when I first saw Lee Jun-ki. A strength of his is that he’s always upbeat and positive on set. Because he’s always positive and enthusiastic, I get wrapped up in the energy too and it makes things pleasant for the other staffers.”

Shin describes Arang as a “fantasy-melo sageuk seasoned with comic elements.” Ah, finally a description that makes sense; I’d been wondering how to reconcile Lee’s particular mention of the strong melodramatic elements with the descriptions of scenes and setups that sounded inherently comical. She elaborated, “On the whole the atmosphere feels bright and healthy, but when you follow each character’s circumstances and emotional throughlines, you’ll also feel a different type of fun and emotion. Arang is much more three-dimensional a character than the ones I’ve played before.”

Arang and the Magistrate premieres in July.

Via Joy News

cr:dramabeans.com

really looking forward to this drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shin Min Ah's character does not look scary as a ghost so maybe this drama will tread far from the horror genre into the fantasy romance territory.

Guest Kumuriuta

Has anyone noticed the tatoo Shin minah has around the neck area ? we can see it in both the shooting pics and the official stills. I know that Shin Minah doesn't have such tatoo because she's a model and it would we difficult to conceal it for photoshoots or such, also Arang is from a choseon ara and a tatto at that time is difficult thing to do.My guess is that it must have something to do with the Arang's ghost condition.What do you guys think ?

Oh, I love this kind of period dramas! Rubbing my hands in excitement! But is this a KBS production?

The production company is MBC.

Guest kaeruchan

new still for Yeon Woo Jin (Joo Wal)

arang_41.jpg

and our magistrate is munching Magistrate Pop happily..

junki.png

credit to naver news

Guest Mace-Face

I'm so excited for this drama. I cannot wait. Hehe!!! Still have a month left before it airs. AHH!!! XO Thanks a lot for whatever information is out so far. :)

Guest xopo17

ljk.jpg credit : padhari and Cr: FB of  Arang

Lee Jun Ki looks so happy like a kids. OMO OMO , cant wait until next month.
thankss all for the updates.
one of my anticipating drama n must watch n must download this drama.

loves Lee Jun ki since iljimae, great acting n able to act like trully gentleman on Iljimae

Archived