[Drama 2012] Arang and The Magistrate 아랑 사또전

Guest yeohweping

Guest xopo17

Yeon Woo Jin is a Cold ‘Flower’ Scholar in New Still Cuts

53147312.jpg

Yeon Woo Jin is looking to shake the hearts of female fans with his upcoming drama.

In the upcoming MBC drama Arang and the Magistrate, Yeon Woo Jin plays the step son of Milyang’s most powerful household and is described as a clean-cut, handsome and slightly cold character.

Though Yeon Woo Jin is described by those who know him as a warm and friendly person, his dramatic transformation into his cold character is said to be winning praise from the drama’s production staff.

On his drama character, the actor shared, “As it is my first historic drama it is a bit difficult and tiring but I am giving my all to be faithful to the basics of acting and to not be a negative effect on the production.”

< b>Arang and the Magistrate also stars Lee Joon Gi and Shin Min Ah and will premiere on August 15.

Photo credit: MBC

credit : newsWorld Stewart Ho

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xopo17

More promos and character stills from Arang

by javabeans | July 31, 2012

arang_50.jpg

All right, this is more like it: The above promo poster (wallpaper, actually) carries more of the quirky fantasy comedy-melo I’m expecting of Arang and the Magistrate than, say, its previously released main poster.

That first poster’s pretty, sure, but rather straight-up romantic and fantasy-like. Nothing wrong with that, of course (see: Queen In-hyun’s Man), but this is a drama with a loud, assertive dead-ghost heroine and a pretty, pretty magistrate hero (who’s very much alive). With heavenly gods and messengers of death and shamans with half-sight. There’s definitely a strong personality with this show, that’s for sure.

arang_51.jpg

We’ve been following this show pretty steadily so we can dispense with the repetition; y’all know the important points of the show, right? (Mainly: to watch it.) So let’s skip to the new stuff, like the scenes below depicting Arang on the run.

The setup: Shin Mina’s ghost character, who’s described as brash, bold, and cynical (great mix), has no memory of how she came to be dead. But with the Grim Reaper (Han Jung-soo, Chuno) hot on her heels to take her to the underworld, Arang knows enough to NOT go quietly along with him, and manages to flee his clutches. A dead girl who cheats Death? I can’t decide whether that’s awesome or just cruel and ironic.

There’s also some additional information on second lead Yeon Woo-jin (Ojakkyo Brothers), who’s going for a different image this time with the cold-hearted nobleman role.

arang_52.jpg

His character Joo-wal is the adopted son of an influential nobleman in town; he’s elegant, cool, and exacting and causes a fair share of the villages ladies’ hearts to flutter. But not much ruffles his feathers, so he’s not likely to return any of those affections with that haughty attitude firmly in place.

It’s not quite clear how he figures into the main plot, since it seems like our magistrate (Lee Jun-ki) is the only one who can actually see the ghost of Arang. Well, perhaps her half-psychic friend (Hwang Bora) can as well, though it sounds like her powers are touch and go. But given the setup, expect Yeon Woo-jin to come on conflict with the magistrate, though I think we can safely assume it’s more about power than getting the girl this time. ‘Cause, um, I’m thinking two guys fighting over a ghost would be too perverse even for K-dramas, despite their penchant for riddling romances with the perverse.

Arang and the Magistrate premieres on August 15.

arang_53.jpg

arang_58.jpg
arang_54.jpg

Credit : dramabeans and MBC

Guest xopo17

Lee Joon Gi Rehearses Nonstop on Set of ‘Arang and the Magistrate’

11938633.jpg

Lee Joon Gi is ensuring his drama will be perfect by rehearsing nonstop.

New still cuts of the actor on the filming set of MBC’s
Arang and the Magistrate were released on August 1 through the drama’s official homepage.

The images shows Lee Joon Gi in between shooting scenes, practicing for an action scene with a borrowed umbrella as a prop.

Despite the seemingly endless filming schedule and despite the intense summer heat, the actor is receiving praise for his nonstop dedication and rehearsing.

Netizens responded saying, “I’m looking forward to your scenes”, “It must be so tough shooting in this heat!” and “Please take care of your health!”

Starring as magistrate Eun Oh, who has the gift of seeing ghosts,
Arang and the Magistrate also stars Shin Min Ah and will premiere on August 15.

credit : enewsWorld Stewart Ho

Guest xopo17

New Picture from Sin Min ah

201208020847776941_1.jpg
credit : nate

to me, she is not like ghost :)) :P . but she is more like princess. i like her :)

Shin Min Ah’s Beauty Amplifies in Hanbok in New ‘Arang and the Magistrate Stills’

2012-08-02 16:40  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/cont.. icon_copy_1.gif   If Shin Min Ah was planning to tone down her beauty in her upcoming MBC drama, it clearly isn’t working.

MBC released new still cuts of the actress from the set of her upcoming drama Arang and the Magistrate on August 2.

Acting in her first historic drama as the ghost Arang, her character, normally goes around, unkempt with her hair roughly tied together. However, in the new images, Arang is seen undergoing a remarkable transformation as she beautifies herself by brushing powder on her face, painting her lips red and accessorizing with ornaments and pins. Fans are already buzzing with curiosity as to what leads to Arang’s transformation.

47921338.jpg

The scene was also reported to have endured a number of humorous NGs as the dye paper, used to color Shin Min Ah’s lips, kept repeatedly dying incorrectly, leaving the actress with lips that supposedly looked like a penguin’s beak.

Arang and the Magistrate premieres on MBC on August 15.

Lee Joon Gi Loves Reading on ‘Arang and the Magistrate’ Set

2012-08-03 16:40  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/cont.. icon_copy_1.gif   Lee Joon Gi has proven he’s deft with a sword and on a horse but he’s also quite well-read too.

In new behind-the-scenes cuts from MBC’s upcoming Arang and the Magistrate, Lee Joon Gi is seen dressed in hanbok and in character as magistrate Eun Oh and seated in a room while he reads.

The pictures released weren’t taken during shooting for a scene but were taken when the cameras weren’t rolling. Engrossed in the books used as props, Lee Joon Gi displayed his own unique way of beating the heat by immersing himself into his reading materials.

13087005.jpg

In addition to books, Lee Joon Gi is said to frequently be seen walking around with the drama’s script in hand. Despite the tiring shooting schedule, Lee Joon Gi is said to show no signs of weariness as he seemingly is always walking around reading something on set.

Arang and the Magistrate premieres on MBC on August 15.

class="blog_h2 entry-title"Lee Joon Gi transforms into a Superman to avoid the sun

August 06, 2012 7:00 pm dkrogers

20120806152212229.jpg

Actor Lee Joon Gi recently captured the female fans by taking a cute picture.

On August 5, Lee tweeted a picture with the short comment, “Eun Oh Magistrate.” Lee plays the role of a magistrate named Eun Oh in MBC’s series Arang and the Magistrate. In the picture, he is covering himself with a blue towel to avoid the hot sun.

A speech bubble on the picture says, “After the Olympics, Eun Oh will go to see you! Please support the series.” Lee is wearing a white hat and he looks cute while he is standing under the hot sun.”

People responded: “He looks cute with the hat on. Is he a superman?” “He is fully armed for the hot weather! Cheer up in the hot weather!” “He looks like a child.”

The series is based on the Arang legend from South Gyeongsang Province. It is a fantasy romance about magistrate Eun Oh (played by Lee Joon Gi), who sees ghosts, and a female ghost named Arang, who lost her memory. The first episode will air on August 15.

Source: TV Report

Credit: http://en.korea.com/?p=364127

class="entry-title"Lee Jun Ki and Shin Min Ah’s new drama ‘Arang and the Magistrate’ to air a special episode before official broadcast

20120806_leejunki_arangandthemagistrate-

MBC’s new drama ‘Arang and the Magistrate‘ will air a special episode this week for fans before the actual drama beings to air.

Titled ‘To Enjoy ’Arang and the Magistrate’ 100 Times More‘, the special episode is set to air on the 9th at 9:55 pm KST.

With a star cast of Lee Jun Ki and Shin Min Ah, the drama has already received much hype.  However, it seems the production staff will try to impress the audience even more. The drama special will take the viewers behind the scenes of the set, and also show viewers how CG effects were used to create some of the scenes. Along with character introductions, the special will be full of surprises for fans waiting eagerly for the upcoming show.

The first episode will air a week after the special episode on August 15th.

Source + Image: TV Daily via Nate

Credit: http://www.allkpop.com/2012/08/lee-jun-ki-and-shin-min-ahs-new-drama-arang-and-the-magistrate-to-air-a-special-episode-before-official-broadcast

class="content-title" BTS Photos of “Arang and the Magistrate” Show Helpful Cast Members

Recent behind-the-scenes photos of “Arang and the Magistrate” have been released.

In the photos that were released on August 6, despite the sweltering heat, the actors and actresses are seen taking care of each other in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Leading male, Lee Jun Ki along with Kwon Oh Joong and Hwang Bo Ra were all seen helping out the staff with various tasks.

080612_arang_bts.jpg

Since the drama revolves around ghostly characters, many actors were hanging on wires to depict the flying scenes. Although the wires may not be seen during the actual drama, in reality, it is the staff who are pulling the wires up and down. In one scene, four very tall actors (average height 185 cm) had to be pulled up on wires and everyone, both staff and actors alike, was helping out.It is reported that due to this collaborative effort, the scene was filmed quickly and well.

Leading lady, Shin Min Ah was seen handling some straw hats for the staff in between her scenes. Straw hats are crucial items for the staff members, especially when filming in the heat. News agencies report that Shin Min Ah helped make the hats more comfortable and added some stylish touches for the staff team.

“Arang and the Magistrate” is set to air on August 15 for the first time.

Credit: http://www.soompi.com/2012/08/07/bts-photos-of-arang-and-the-magistrate-show-helpful-cast-members/

Guest yeohweping

http://www.imbc.com/guide/schedule/area/A/20120808.html
MBC to air a special behind the scenes ep.of Arang on 8th Aug.at 9:55pm korea time.

class="ks_article_title" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 7px; font-size: 24px; text-transform: capitalize; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; "‘Arang And The Magistrate’ How To Enjoy The Drama 100 Times More: Special Behind The Scenes Before Airing Of The First Episode
5940-arang-and-the-magistrate.jpg

Before the airing of the first episode of MBC drama 'Arang and the Magistrate,' a special broadcast is to be released.

The special broadcast 'How to Enjoy Arang and the Magistrate 100 Times More' that is to be aired on the 8th of August is even more special because it is the first time in five years that MBC is releasing a special broadcast before the first episode of the drama. It was decided that the special broadcast would be released because of the huge amount of response from netizens every time some information is released about the drama.

'How to Enjoy Arang and the Magistrate 100 Times More will be revealing hidden details of the drama. This unique drama, which mixes the earthly world and spiritual world, is expected to capture the interest of many viewers.

In addition, this drama is about a ghost named Arang (played by Shin Min Ah) and a magistrate that has the ability to see ghosts named Eun Oh (played by Lee Joon Gi). Other members of the cast include Yeon Woo Jin, Kwon Oh Joong, Hwang Bo Ra, Han Jung Soo, and Yoo Seung Ho, capturing the attention of many viewers.

In particular, it is expected that the special will reveal the behind the scenes of how they will use CG to create many of the scenes in the drama. In addition, they will reveal action scenes and how well the actors work together.

Many viewers are looking forward to the drama 'Arang and the Magistrate which is a fantasy romance about a ghost named Arang who is trying to find out the truth behind her death and a magistrate named Eun Oh who has the ability to see ghosts.

© 2012 Koreaportal..

class="ks_article_title" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 7px; text-transform: capitalize; "'Arang And The Magistrate' Shin Min Ah Talks About The First Day Of Filming, "There Are Many Wire Action Scenes...I Need To Take Care Of My Body"5937-arang-and-the-magistrate-shin-min-a

Actress Shin Min Ah spoke about what she thought of the first day of filming in a making film.

On the official homepage of MBC new Wednesday Thursday drama(Screenplay by Jung Yoon Jung and produced by Kim Sang Ho), 'Arang and the Magistrate,' a 6 days making video was revealed.

Shin Min Ah who plays the ghost Arang in 'Arang and the Magistrate,' made her first appearance in the footages that was taken at Namyangju Palhyun camping site.

Before filming, Shin Min Ah and director Kim Sang Ho carefully check the copper wires, and she showed the image of an action star going straight into the forrest.

Shin Min Ah did not use any stunt doubles and performed the wire stunts herself. She impressed people with the different types of poses she had while doing action stunts.

After she finished filming, she stated, "I was a bit nervous because it was the first day of filming and it was for the first scene. It has been a while since I filmed. I would have never guessed that I would be doing wire stunts for the first day of filming. From now on, there will be many wire scenes, so I need to take care of my body and work hard."

Meanwhile, 'Arang and the Magistrate' is a a fantasy romance that takes place during the Joseon Dynasty. It is about the ghost Arang (Shin Min Ah), who is curious about the truth behind her unfair death and Eun Oh (Lee Joon Ki) who has the ability to see ghosts.

Guest kayana20

Yay another good cast and drama is coming. Did they put up the character bio's yet and  who is included in the lovelines? I love the mains already so the love triangle is going to be a touch choice for me period. I I can't livestream anymore so I will be agonizing waiting for the episodes too.

Archived