Skype VS Ooovoo

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

What's your take on these 2 programs?

I use both cause one of my friends moved to the Philippines so I downloaded oovoo to keep in contact with her and then one of my my other friends recently moved to Korea , he uses skype more so I had to download that to K.I.T with him.

I don't know much about either of these programs cause I don't use them very often but I started using oovoo first. It was easy for me to figure out how to use it and stuff but Skype was very confusing.. when someone messaged me, it'd always take me FOREVER to how to get to the home page to find their message.

Also people said that video quality/sound quality on skype is really good but its not like that for me lol (maybe my friends just have crappy mics or internet)

I guess these 2 have different purposes tho ..

Oovooo is for video chat/video calls and skype is more for actual phone calls via internets?

I'm pretty noob at both these programs so I'd def like to hear some pros/cons about them cause half my friends use skype and the other half use oovoo ..so i'm not sure why they have more of a preference for one over the other.

i've never heard of ooovoo before... and it sounds kind of............

fishy...

although i'm extremely skype-biased since i've never tried ooovoo, skype is also used for video chats / video calls and its easy to navigate and use. ive been a skype user for about 8 years now and it's been great so far! and it's free.

it can get a little intimidating at first with all the tabs and buttons, but with a little meticulous exploring, you'll get fluent at the controls in no time, just like in a video game ^^ i think there are tutorials on how to use skype?

sorry i couldnt say anything about ooovoo ><

^ Haha why does it sound fishy?

i personally like the oovoo video quality over skype, and you're able to see both people proportionately unlike skype.

i renember trying to group chat with skype before but for some reason we all couldnt see each other?

example: friend1 could see me and i could see friend1. but neither of us could see friend2 but friend2 could see both of us. (or only one of us)

i never had a problem oovooing even up to 5 people. i think thats aposed to be a paid feature (3+) but you get it free for a while ..or iono..but i never had a problem with webcamming with 3+ people so i could be wrong?

and sorry its oovoo not ooovoo, title typo. my bad >.< haha

i really don't understand the complete features of either of the programs but i know much more about oovoo so i had a slight bias when i started using skype. but it seems skype is much more popular so im curious as to why and if i'm missing something haha :P

Guest sallyen

I think Skype is confusing too and it's a shame that you can't webcam with several people without paying for the premium :(

I think Skype is more popular because many people are already using it. It's like Google+, it's actually pretty good, but people are already using Facebook and it works fine so why switch to Google ^.^

• 9 months later...
Guest axiencec

Paid Survey - $ 10 Amazon Voucher

Are you using a messenger such as Skype, Whatsapp, ooVoo etc.? Participate in a survey to earn a USD 10 Amazon Voucher and a chance to win iPad (mini)! This is not spam – you can contact us directly: Gleb Zhukov at gleb.zhukov@axience.com. Please follow the link for the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5KC7T33

• 1 month later...
Guest hellopandaluv

Personally I prefer Skype as I've never tried Ooovoo. Plus everyone I know has Skype while only a handful of my family and friends have Ooovoo. I'm honestly happy with Skype but I've found that when I video chat with my family overseas that the calls sometimes disconnect or freeze a few times per hour, which is a little annoying.

Archived