Survey: Which Korean movies in 2012 that you are most excited about?

rubie

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rumeysa

Hwaja Is a great movie, I also watched architecture 101 from this list, but Hwaja is better, I reccomend it to everybody!!!!

Guest ayko.sk

I want to watch The Thieves very much! BUt not sure I can watch it from US, will have to wait until DVD release,,,

90 minutes share some similarities with the storylines of Fatal Attraction & Disclosure (the leading man is being harassed by some manipulative femme fatale...)  Tons of suspense....
image002.jpg?t=1340936813

Some interesting tidbits about '90 minutes'....

==================================================================================================================
Upcoming Korean movie "90 Minutes"

"90 Minutes" (2012)

Directed by Park Sun-uk

With Joo Sang-wookJang Mi-neLee Tae-hoonKo Jeong-minKwon MinShin Na-ri,...

Synopsis
"90 Minutes" is about a commercial film director who has always craved success and passion, getting married to the daughter of a company CEO and is about to inherit all the wealth but a woman he spent a night with threatens him that she will release their sex tape.

Release date in Korea : 2012/08/23 (updated).....photo245330.jpg

photo245329.jpg

photo245328.jpg

1745A0404FEB811607B11D

1127423D4FEBAFF0262349

photo245327.jpg

1827423D4FEBAFE1231DDD

1345A0404FEB812008F05E

1327423D4FEBAFDD1EB30A

Cr: hancinema (90 minutes)....

Guest fiercediva

Am psyched to see Nameless Gangster, All About My Wife and Doomsday Book at the NY Asian Film Festival in the next couple weeks.

Guest filebook

I will definitely watch these korean movies:
R2B: Return to Base (with Rain Bi)
844353ff7d8f73ac3b1c190df1282663.jpg

Runaway Cop
1646445_image_2.jpg

Miss Conspirator
s640x480
Two Weddings and a Funeral 
fullsizephoto238149.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jacquesrudolph

“A Millionaire on the Run” is the only Korean movie that I’m excited to watch in 2012, I hope Jin Young’s acting will be awesome in this movie.

Guest fiercediva

Just wanted to give thumbs up to "Nameless Gangster" and the very dark, but timely animated film about bullying "The King of Pigs" if anyone has the chance to check either of them out. The latter originally screened at the 2011 Busan Film Festival (where it won 3 awards) and at Cannes this year.

For anyone who will be at the Toronto International Film Festival next month, they haven't yet announced all the films that will screen, but so far it looks like the only films of Korean interest are documentaries:

- the German documentary "Camp 14 - Total Control Zone" about "twenty-nine-year-old Shin Dong-Huyk, who was born and spent the first two decades of his life behind the barb wire of a North Korean labour camp, until his dramatic escape launched him into an outside world he had never known."

- the Argentinian documentary "Chica del Sur (The Girl from the South) " : "Twenty years after peace activist Im Su-kyong swore that she would cross the border between North and South Korea on foot, Argentine documentary filmmaker José Luis García goes in search of the young woman who was once known as "The Flower of Reunification."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived