SMTOWN LA in 2012

Guest WaeOppaaa

Guest Sukine.Kira

YOU FELT THAT WAY TOO? i was on youtube watching the mbc concert yesterday also. I cried when leeteuk was like "the crowd in LA was lovely, but this one is better" Really disappointed

Y'know, I would never call Teukie an a ss ho le but.....this might call for it.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rainshower01

YOU FELT THAT WAY TOO? i was on youtube watching the mbc concert yesterday also. I cried when leeteuk was like "the crowd in LA was lovely, but this one is better" Really disappointed 

I was there at the google concert yesterday. When Leeteuk said that I was disappointed too, but my sister think they always say that to make fans happy and excited. SMTOWN concert is all worth it to me, I just love SM Family

Guest Sukine.Kira

I was there at the google concert yesterday. When Leeteuk said that I was disappointed too, but my sister think they always say that to make fans happy and excited. SMTOWN concert is all worth it to me, I just love SM Family

I hope so. I thought we were a great crowd! It was my very first k-pop concert and I cried when SuJu came to my section, screaming out my love for Yesung and he made eye contact with me. Ryeowook smiled and waved at me when I cried for a bad reason later during the concert. I want a high quality mp3 of Like a G6. That was amazing. The whole concert was amazing. I had so much fun and I think we were the better crowd.

EDIT: Here's what Teuk tweeted about saying the other crowd was better: [Trans] special1004: During the ending, I received the cue sign to say the ment at the ending part of the song Arirang. If you think that it's a big mistake to say the call ment, upon the PD's cue sign, in a live broadcast that's broadcasted to the world live, I will apologise. I sincerely reject all unreasonable insults that were given to me as presents^^So he was told to say that. Not his opinion! YAY!

wow, I also felt that this concert was't as epic as LA2010.

they went all out on LA2010, they had their chartered plane and almost all of smtown artists were present.

Google concert live feed was great, i love the clean vanilla preformaces.

I kinda wish smtown didn't do so many remixes in their concerts.

Guest fightinsurfgrl

Does anyone know how or where I can order SMTown 2012 t-shirts they were selling at the fan meet? The official or unofficial shirts. I hope everyone who went had an amazing time!

Guest shibbi

Back from the concert! Overall it was good though it dragged a bit at some parts. Something interesting that happened was before the concert started, I was in line to the bathroom and Tiffany's aunt happened to be right behind me. She was calling SNSD's manager telling him that she was her aunt and about how she wanted to see Tiffany after the concert or else she wouldn't be able to see Tiffany. Then she complained to her friend that they gave her seats on the fourth level. So that was unexpected.

I also heard that artist family members were given 400 level seats and thought it was a lie, but it seems like it was true. It makes sense I guess since even press didn't get to sit on floor (they had a box to themselves because a security staff was telling a press member to get off the floor section if she wanted to take pictures) and there was quite a fight over those floor ones. Sections 101 and 103 were surprisingly small to me. I was in 106 so I saw about 4 seats per row in the front sections. Is that correct?

Just got back from the concert.  I quite enjoyed it, but this year the concert seemed a lot shorter to me than the last SMTown.  I think they only had 3 h 30 min worth of performances?  And it kind of sucked that they were strict with the cameras (I was in floor so there was a lot of security walking around, not to mention i didn't really like having cameramen walking around and occasionally shoving a camera in my face.)  I felt like they were much stricter this year and I feel like I didn't really get to see as much of everyone as I would like, especially since I paid $300 for a shorter concert.  But besides that, I really liked it a lot.  I got to see a lot of people up close so that was fun.

Yeah, I wasn't as excited or satisfied after the concert because I think the ending usually determines how you feel afterwards, and compared to NY there were no fan service in our area because all the artists did were go to the end stage and go back to the main stage, whereas in NY they walked to all edges of the stage (not just one or two but many of them) AND interacted by taking gifts/towels and polaroids with people... I even brought a polaroid this time but no one was close enough to take it...

^^

Yeah, not to mention they started a little late, probably around 10-15 min behind schedule.  And I'm kind of disappointed they didn't do more of their title songs as well.

I always expect at least a 15-minute delay for big concerts like this lol, so I was happy they started relatively early. The lack of title songs was made up with the unexpected additions that I thought had 0 chance of being performed (A-Cha, Oppa Oppa, and Oops). Needless to say that's because I'm an ELF :P

Did anyone see when amber gave kris the fansign and then he threw it lmao. I would have been so mad if that was me.

Oh was it Amber who gave it to him? I just saw him throw it and I thought he tried to grab it and dropped it or something since I was in the front of 106 and had to crouch my neck back hard to see. That's not very nice now Kris is it? lmao.

No the cutest moment was when Amber told Sulli to say "dirty." I died.

I thought it was "thirty" hahahaha.

Don't be disappointed, they always have to say things like this. What, did you expect them to say "This crowd is good, but not as good as the one in LA yesterday"? xD

Does anyone know how or where I can order SMTown 2012 t-shirts they were selling at the fan meet? The official or unofficial shirts. I hope everyone who went had an amazing time!

Try contacting Koreaboo since the shirts were made by Koreaboo and sold by them.

Speaking of which, the Koreaboo meetup and the bus ride to Google Wave were both quite chaotic and unorganized. Even though it's the first time for both for them, I don't think I can place much faith into Koreaboo for any future events...

wow, guess we weren't the only ones who thought the concert wasn't as pumped as we wanted it to be. Did Eeteuk say that? I must've been zoning out or something lol. I'm not upset he said that, I actually think the crowd at LA was awesome but I'm just sad they barely interacted. I remember in LA '10 they would run around a lot, play with their fans, take stuff from the audience, take pictures of themselves and the audience with their own/the audience's camera, touch people's hands, etc, but I felt like this time they pretty much just straight out performed and barely played around. Even their introductions were super straightforward. I felt they talked much more during Google while at LA they were just like "oh hey, we're _____ thanks for being here, we're very happy, blah blah," you know, all the mandatory stuff they usually say.

And I understand that concerts usually run behind schedule but LA '10 had nearly 60 songs and this year there was only about 45ish (i took out the videos from the setlists) so yeah, it is much shorter than last time. I mean last time they had time for all their popular songs PLUS the special stages, and some more. Not to mention i spent so much more on this concert, I would feel a little jipped ._.

And yeah, 101 and 103 were tiiiiny. I sat where 101 was last time and it was way bigger than the 4 seats they had this time around. 101/103 were as big as 104/106 back in '10.

Guest bruisedlee

SUPERSTAR wrote on 21 May 2012 - 02:41 AM:

I also heard that artist family members were given 400 level seats and thought it was a lie, but it seems like it was true. It makes sense I guess since even press didn't get to sit on floor (they had a box to themselves because a security staff was telling a press member to get off the floor section if she wanted to take pictures) and there was quite a fight over those floor ones. Sections 101 and 103 were surprisingly small to me. I was in 106 so I saw about 4 seats per row in the front sections. Is that correct?

Funny you should mention family sitting in the 400 seats, because we were in 438 (moved from 402) with two empty rows in front of us. Two Asian couples (I would think Korean), sat in front of us at two different times. They had cameras...one particular moment I remember very clearly was when EXO came on stage and the crowd went wild...one of the couples kept looking around them - to the sides, the back - taking in all of the screams. Then they took pics.

At one time I thought, "Could this be Lee Soo-Man?!" but no, somebody on Tumblr got to take his pic while he was sitting in one of the suites.

But anyways...yeah, glad I got to read your post.

p.s. here's one of my fancams from the concert ^^:

Guest fightinsurfgrl

Shibbi, thank you, will do! I have to say even though it was really good, it wasn't as good as SMTown LA 2010. -__- Although, I think EXO was a big reason why a lot of people went.

Archived