[Drama 2012] The king 2hearts 더킹 투하츠

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest trixicopper

I just love this drama. I'm one of those that likes the whole reunification theme. Not that many people thought that Germany would reunite untill the wall came down. It could and hopefully will happen someday in Korea. It is such a shame they are so divided when they share such a long history together. Of course it would take a lot of desire, patience, and lets face it ,boatloads of money to make it happen. But it's like anything else, if you want it enough it can happen.

Guest Iviih

Preview for episode 7

Hang Ah to king: '' Will I be enough?''

King to Hang Ah: ''Kim Hang Ah-ssi will be just fine''

Hang Ah's father (?) to her: ''From now on, you are a South Korean.''

Hang Ah to her father: ''I'm sorry, father''

Hang Ah to Jae ha's mom: ''I really like your ginseng'' ''Your heart is so gentle''

Jae Ha '' Why do you think my mother is so petty?''

Mom to Hang Ah: ''Can  you please not use this accent?''

Hang Ah to mom: ''I'll try hard''

Shi Kyung to Princess Jae Shin: ''Princess, we are fools, right?'' ''Why do you keep on doing all these dangerous things?'' ''I'm sorry, I didn't really mean all that, I'm just tired that's all.''

Princess Jae Shin to Shi-kyung: ''Should I sing you a song?''

Crazy creepy magic man: '' At the Anmyundo in South Korea, how can the sunset be this pretty?''

Jae Ha to Hang Ah: ''How old are you? You know I should've never done this'' ''I just don't like you, ok.''

Hang Ah to her father (?): ''Please send a car so I can go back now!

Jae Ha: ''I'll never do it''

Jae Kang (drunk/sleepy?) to Jae Ha: ''Jae Ha, you know how much hyung loves you, right?''

Princess Jae Shin to someone: ''Do you have time?'' ''The king will be surprised, right?''

Crazy creepy magic guy: ''Let's scare Lee Jae Ha''

Angry Hang Ah: ''I'll make sure he pays for this!''

-

Credits: Subs  by The king's lovers Team @viki.com

Preview for episode 7

Jae Ha to Hang Ah: ''How old are you? You know I should've never done this'' ''I just don't like you, ok.''

Hang Ah to her father (?): ''Please send a car so I can go back now!

this is wrong

Jae ha says : I cant live over at your side. You guys are poor. Why are you looking after your pride?

Hang ah says: In South Korea, everyday it's money money money! I'm going to go back straight away so send a car!

Angry Hang Ah: ''I'll make sure he pays for this!''

-

Credits: Subs  by The king's lovers Team @viki.com

This as well

Hang Ah says: If it was the Republic who did this [The republic as in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea = North Korea], then I will receive punishment from the gods

there are other bits of the preview which is not translated correctly but those are the most important ones

*waves to cecilia* Nice to see you again!

---

The preview just make me want to fast forward to Wednesday right now. It kills me during the 2 scenes where the King was telling HA gently that as long as it is her, it will be fine and the King talking to JH over the phone, telling him he should know how much he loves him. :tears: Such a touching scene. I guess we all know the King is going to die. Really can't bear to see it. This is one of the few times when I felt so attached to the supporting cast. The one or two episodes after the King demise should be very hard to watch since I think they will also suspect the North Korea, putting HA in a very difficult situation. I hope they will quickly go through this plot if there is any.

Guest sunshine4ever

this is wrong

Jae ha says : I cant live over at your side. You guys are poor. Why are you looking after your pride?

Hang ah says: In South Korea, everyday it's money money money! I'm going to go back straight away so send a car!

This as well

Hang Ah says: If it was the Republic who did this [The republic as in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea = North Korea], then I will receive punishment from the gods

there are other bits of the preview which is not translated correctly but those are the most important ones

Do you know if it's sending a car meaning she's going back to North Korea or it's not said so in the preview?

Does anyone know what kind of phone Hang Ah is using? How come it's so big lol.

I just finished watching all the subbed parts for episode 6. Thanks to the amazing at Viki! It's totally awesome. All the missing chunks for the last part before they were kissing were so cute. He was telling her she should not get married to other guys and she's refusing to get married to him. They're both hysterical. I am so impressed with his politeness towards her before kissing her he asked her a couple of times if she wanted to be kiss!

I just wish episode 6 didn't end so fast. Ahhh, have to wait for another week or so...but I think it's worth the wait ^^

this is wrong

This as well

Thanks cecilia, it was bothering me why different blogs are reporting different preview dialog, it changes the entire trajectory of storyline.

*waves to cecilia* Nice to see you again!

---

The preview just make me want to fast forward to Wednesday right now. It kills me during the 2 scenes where the King was telling HA gently that as long as it is her, it will be fine and the King talking to JH over the phone, telling him he should know how much he loves him. :tears: Such a touching scene. I guess we all know the King is going to die. Really can't bear to see it. This is one of the few times when I felt so attached to the supporting cast. The one or two episodes after the King demise should be very hard to watch since I think they will also suspect the North Korea, putting HA in a very difficult situation. I hope they will quickly go through this plot if there is any.

*waves*

I know huh!!! So much in the preview!!! Really making me so curious!!!!

But logically it wouldnt make total sense for them to suspect DPRK because Hang Ah is getting engaged to Jae Ha?

But then i guess they could say that Hang Ah is a tactic to lure them into the trap or sth

Do you know if it's sending a car meaning she's going back to North Korea or it's not said so in the preview?

Does anyone know what kind of phone Hang Ah is using? How come it's so big lol.

I just finished watching all the subbed parts for episode 6. Thanks to the amazing at Viki! It's totally awesome. All the missing chunks for the last part before they were kissing were so cute. He was telling her she should not get married to other guys and she's refusing to get married to him. They're both hysterical. I am so impressed with his politeness towards her before kissing her.

They dont say where she's going but i think there's an implication it's back to the north because the next scene she's in the car with her dad?

The phone i think Hang Ah is using is the Galaxy Note.. other ppl in the drama are using it as well

I have rewatched the kiss SO MANY TIMES already

i love the dialogue before it

the buildup to the scene makes it a heartpounding exchange

and the kiss! They keep showing a little bit here and there but not full on direct lip action

I swear it's to make audiences wanting more

haha

@cecilia, yeah me think so too so I hope they will quickly skip the part where they suspect HA if there is any. After all, the secretary, SK dad should know who to suspect right? The freaky Club M. If I'm not wrong, he also did something to the JS as seen in the preview. Gosh.

@sunshine4ever, I support cecilia explanation. She is complaining over the phone about South Korea and said she want to go back so prepare a car. The only place she can go when she is at JH place should only be North Korea.

Yes they are using the Samsung Galaxy Note. ;)

@crunchykfan13, I watched the c-subbed preview and ya I agree that the translation is not exactly accurate but cecilia has corrected the important ones.

Guest hezka_1251

Hi hearties

This my 1st time 2 post here wooo K2H i love this drama soooo mch, i wonder why is the rating keep dropping?..! Now RTP #1 spot?.. I cant believe it ep 6 of K2H is the best, awesome perfect... k2H is more better than RTP... I also watch RTP yah its funny bt K2H is perfect the storyline all in romance,conflict,comedy., n i love all the characters except john mayer... I hope nxt episodes the rating will going up... People frm SK plssss watch this drama this is a high quality drama best storyline best n all.....

K2H fighting!!!!

Guest Iviih

this is wrong

Hang ah says: In South Korea, everyday it's money money  money! I'm going to go back straight away so send a car!

This as well

Thank you :D now I understand why HA was SO angry.  Well about the translation being wrong - the editors didn't edit it so must have some mistakes... I noticed HA said a lot and it was weird, that translation be  so short .... tongue.gif

Thanks again ^^

OMG, The preview, is JH being mean with HA again? Please tell he is not. Or that a misunderstanding happened.

Looking to her clothes it's supposed to be their ''first'' night,right? What he said? If he says he doesn't see her as a woman again, I don't even know what I'm going to do. LOL But king will die, so I guess he will suffer a lot...

So, I think I was right, Pricess Jae Shin will known who killed the king or guess who at least ( she will be a important witness ), watching the preview, show us she will be held as a hostage, I think they will try to eliminate her/ Shot *quoted image* her, because I don't think they would let her go alive after seeing their faces/what they were doing.

I guess after this, they'll throw her body in that place and think she won't survive, but she will because Shi Kyung will save her.... and that is why she will use a wheelchair after this...

I'm curious about the clothes too. lol~ I think you are right in saying that's their first night. Just wondering if people are still wearing this traditional costume now? Anyone knows?

I don't think they intend to kill her because that freaky guy likes a little bit of attention here and there. He likes to "play" so I'm going along with the idea that he wants the princess to suffer and torture her but will not kill her. Sort of live it up to fate if she will live or not with her injuries etc because it is more "fun" in this way. And I don't think he is scare and he thinks nothing of them since the King can't do anything to him also, other than keeping him abroad.

okay, i know i've been complaining about the blatant, idealistic political messages and the annoying donuts, but i actually am enjoying this drama, especially lee seung gi. jaeha from day 1 has had the funniest, wittiest lines (i've literally LOLed every episode. i love this boy's sarcasm! lol). he also serves as the realistic, popular voice amongst a crowd of idealists so at least this drama isn't THAT one-sided. i loved ha ji won / hang ah at the end of ep 1 but then the kick richard simmons chick disappeared so i'm hoping she comes back. soon. and i agree with whoever said the cinematography was absolutely beautiful. and they're really making some amazing use of the snow during the romantic scenes. haha.

the ratings are unfortunate but the drama is tackling a very difficult subject and trying to handle action, thriller, romance, comedy, propaganda, etc., all at once. i can't say it's been entirely successful in this challenge, but at least it's enjoyable to watch. and it seems like it's going to get even better next week so that's good. B)

Guest wanne

??? Jae Ha did not say that he doesnt like her in the preview

What he was that 'You have to admit that you guys (North Korea) are poor. Why are you holding onto your pride?'

Hang Ah gets upset and rings her father saying 'Here, all they talk about everyday is money money money!' and then she says she's going to leave

I actually really love these interactions between the 2 because it's so true

actually one of the biggest issues of reunification is the different nature and stages are which the 2 economies are at

the GDPs between the north and south are vastly different

that's why over the decades, the south have put in alot of money and put in effort to try to help North Korea's economy as part of their reunification policy

I was not attracted to this drama at first from the teaser because it looked too complicated and too action-based

but i was pleasantly surprised after I started watching at the humour and wit present in this drama

This drama is not straightforward like Rooftop prince

I enjoy Rooftop prince as well but taht's more of your popcorn film genre

There are alot more issues brought out in The king 2 hearts and I love how they are illustrating the differences and problems between the north and south

In the mass media, the main emphasis on the reunification is mostly on the economical and political differences and the nuclear problem

But there is lot less attention paid to the social side of the problems which could be encountered during reunification

in this drama, they really emphasise that and I love it

People seem to forget that the North and South have been divided for 60 years with the North having been isolated and unable to get mainstream info of the outside world

Even for people like Hang Ah who have a strong political background, what she sees of the outside world may still be limited

How can the North and South reunify with so much difference between its people?

Anyway i'm getting carried away since reunification is an area of my interest

Some people say that the way they depict the interactions between the North and South is unrealistic and to a certain extent I agree

It's been toned down and softened for TV audiences and for the purpose of the drama since they need to have a love story in there

Nevertheless, I think it really brings out some major issues

and who doesnt like a Romeo and Juliet style love story? It's so romantic!! But with a twist of course

Anywayz I started off watching Rooftop Prince, but now i watch both with my bias on this drama

I hope the audiences who left will return as the plot thickens when the King is killed

Cant wait til next week!

PS I'm really impressed with Lee Seung Gi's improved acting in this series

One of the reasons I went with Rooftop prince first is that I liked Yoochun's acting alot more than Lee Seung Gi's

To me, in Shining Inheritance and in Gumiho, he always overacted a bit and I could never totally get into his dramas

even looking at the kiss scene last night, that was done SO MUCH BETTER than his one with Shinminah in Gumiho

The slight hesitance created so many more sparks~ in gumiho I thought his actions were really overdone

Anyway, his acting so far here has been really natural and I feel that I can finally invest emotionally in one of his series hehe

Thanks for explaining about the real SK-NK situation. I like that the feeling the drama tries to come across about the tension between both countries are as real as possible. It gives the romance such high stakes that feels real and I'm starting to really root for the reunification both in the drama and in real life.   

One of the many touching moments, when the NK and SK exchanged their hats and took photograph together. That picture almost make me teared up. 

Anyway, thanks Iviih and Cecilia for the preview translation.

Seriously cant wait for Ep7. 

Also, i hope they release the OST by K-Will soon. It keeps playing in my head after watching Ep6. 

Guest Iviih

Btw guys, don't let the preview trick you. 

I don't think after HA and JH fight she really goes back to N.Korea with her father.

I think that car scene is something that'll appear before. I don't know, maybe after the kiss scene, her father gets angry and says he won't accept JH and HA and will take her home (and that is why he is together with her in the car and she is using the same clothes from when she went to visit South korea)... if she asked her father to send a car, I don't think he would go until S.korea to take her,  he would send someone to bring her to N.k or she would just go to N.K... 

-

Btw, I knew even if our couple marry, things wouldn't be good. I mean, where they will live? HA will want to live at N. Korea, while JH will want to live in S.Korea, and this will just make them fight... worse yet, when the king dies, JH will believe it was N.K doing and might even suspect HA, HA will say it isn't N.Korea and that she trust them (NK) and they will fight... so to prove NK didn't do it, she will try her best to find out who did it. (Yeah! Badsss princess coming!)

Guest Iviih

Hi guys, so this article talks why the korean are not enjoying K2H too much and why the ratings are dropping.

It seems older generation is reluctant to watch the drama because of the SK/NK stuff and they are saying the story is predictable.... even the excessive donut product placement annoyed them......  unsure.gifblink.gif

Well, nevermind, I'm finding the story about SK/NK very interesting and I'm really enjoying the drama so far, and I don't mind seeing so many donuts lol they seem so yummy, I want!

Btw guys, don't let the preview trick you.

I don't think after HA and JH fight she really goes back to N.Korea with her father.

I think that car scene is something that'll appear before. I don't know, maybe after the kiss scene, her father gets angry and says he won't accept JH and HA and will take her home (and that is why he is together with her in the car and she is using the same clothes from when she went to visit South korea)... if she asked her father to send a car, I don't think he would go until S.korea to take her, he would send someone to bring her to N.k or she would just go to N.K...

-

Btw, I knew even if our couple marry, things wouldn't be good. I mean, where they will live? HA will want to live at N. Korea, while JH will want to live in S.Korea, and this will just make them fight... worse yet, when the king dies, JH will believe it was N.K doing and might even suspect HA, HA will say it isn't N.Korea and that she trust them (NK) and they will fight... so to prove NK didn't do it, she will try her best to find out who did it. (Yeah! Badsss princess coming!)

I was thinking the same thing. Previews can be misleading with the snips they show that are not in any order of how they will appear in the next eps. HA father is already pissed at JH for hurting his daughter and then the fact that they eliminated her from the list of possible brides, which also hurt her. Plus the fact that the engagement keeps going back and forth. It just might be that he takes her back after they are caught kissing because he's trying to protect his daughter from further hurt. Also in the preview he tells her she's a SK now and she tells him she's sorry when he's leaving. Even if she asks for a car she wouldn't be able to just go back that easy after she's become a SK.

Hello HEARTIES! Since I'm on a vacation, hell I missed one of the most likeable episode of this drama!!! Gaah, thankyou so much for all those updates, videos, especially the BTS of the kissing scene!!! I can't believe it actually happened when I was not around in this thread to get myseff immediately updated! Ugh, loser! About the ratings, I don't care if it dropped because all I know is this drama's giving its viewers the best quality and story of how dramas are supposed to be. Can't wait for the subbed vids! 

Guest wanne

Hi guys, so this article talks why the korean are not enjoying K2H too much and why the ratings are dropping.

It seems older generation is reluctant to watch the drama because of the SK/NK stuff and they are saying the story is predictable.... even the excessive donut product placement annoyed them......  *quoted image**quoted image*

Well, nevermind, I'm finding the story about SK/NK very interesting and I'm really enjoying the drama so far, and I don't mind seeing so many donuts lol they seem so yummy, I want!

From the article, it says that TK2H will postpone 11 April Episode 11 due to election. OMG, I hope its not true! 

Archived