[Drama 2012] The king 2hearts 더킹 투하츠

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i totally ship the 2nd couple! The princess and shi kyung!

Me too! I just loved the way she got close up on him to tell him off (although I didn't understand what she said the body language was off the chains), and how she looked through his pockets for his ID while he had to be still at attention. I'ma ask hubby if that is something they have to do in the military here in the U.S. 

Guest samunngi

OMG OMG ! Correct if Im wrong but the hug scene! That was NOT a dream!!!!! DH came in and said congrats to JH because everyone was saying that scene was like something out of a movie!! I'm pretty sure she did run to hug him and NOW he understand what he did ! AISH. JH! Playing with her feelings. Finally it dawns on him that maybe the joke is a bit cruel considering she never even date anyone before... 

you are right i got it wrong....after watching the raw AGAIN i also think it was NOT a dream.....that was a turning point for him......still its sad how HE had to hurt her feelings and make her cry again.....

@ soulan right LOL BTS kiss is better AND longer than what's shown on drama.....WHY did they do that....???..

Ha Ji Won is so beautiful! OMG! I totally have a girl crush on her. I didn't like her much in Secret Garden but she looks stunning in this drama. She looks so feminine and vulnerable in skirts and hanbok that you would never guess she's a trained killer :D But I like her better when she's showing  her tough side. It is just me or does anybody else think she's acting a little bit too cute?

Hang Ah's dad is the best dad ever. He's just hilarious and so caring at the same time. I love their dad-daughter relationship as much as I love two brothers relationship. I think I'm going to cry a river in the next episode. The King is one of my most favourite characters. That's going to be heartbreaking :'(

Oh and of course I can't forget THIS, right? :D I liked BTS of a kiss much better!

kiss1.gif

kiss2.gif

Guest show2007

Hi fellow K2Hearters. First time posting here. I have been visiting this thread in a weekly basis and couldn't find time to put in my 2 cents and I don't care if the rating is dropping, I don't care if the other dramas are gaining more popularity. No matter what..this drama come with a COMPLETE package, from writing, to filming to acting. They are perfect, look at the quality of the screen (come on...it is a movie quality), the cinematography is just awesome (it makes me want to visit N.Korea oh yeah), the clothing design (maybe not as trendy as Fashion King but very nice), the pace are so fast that I can't believe an hour is over. The superior acting skills from every single character - no words to describe, the little gesture from the King to show how much he loves his bro, the eyes expression from a father to daughter, even the WOC teamates, they all did an excellent job here and save the best of last...for those who had complaint about the pairing of HJW and LSG...you guys are WRONG! The sizzling chemistry between these two are unbelievable (the ending of ep. 6 is daebak, it was so intense and so HOT). What the King will die? Why? I want to see more bromance...NO!

@ soulan right LOL BTS kiss is better AND longer than what's shown on drama.....WHY did they do that....???..

Too steamy for the timeslot? :P

Editing is a fickle beast. If you think about it, they really didnt have that much time to put kiss for the broadcast. Basically the only way they could have done it was cut other scenes, but I'm guessing they didnt want to do that. I have yet to watch the whole episode so i cant judge it from a whole episode perspective. If you think about it, they might give an extended kiss next week for the recap, given the fan reaction is WE WANT MOAR XD

Guest charmy19_23

Wee hooray for another Daebak episode!!! It burst the romance and inside feelings bet. HA and JH's true feelings.. :sweatingbullets: I can't explain my feelings right now for the show still fresh about the kiss scene. It brought me happiness as well as tears because of what JH did to HA that hurt her so so so much!! grr..

Thanks for the link and spoilers.. Really appreciated.

I'm looking forward to Shin-Kyung couple. I feel their will be a good chemistry bet. them... I have a good vibes that these two will make a good build up with their roles! Which also viewers will be hooked with them...

So, crying scenes will be expected next week, bec. of King's death.. Ampf..

Longing for Episode 7!!! While waiting for subs!!

wow.... i can only say that the cinematography is BREATH-TAKING, especially that hug in the snow scene... considering how much a slap in the face that scene was since the emotions involved in it wasn't 100% sincere. Like the others who mentioned it before, it WAS a real scene, and one that was a turning point for JH-- because a) he realized that this whole game is getting much bigger than he anticipated, his "success" was so big it scared him and b- I'm pretty sure that JH was affected by the hug himself... considering how intense he looked and him hugging her back... and him reminiscing on the hug when he talked with his sister later on... if that's not the clincher

so basically he kinda chickens out after Dongah reminding him that though he feels sorry it's not like he actually wants to marry her. he tries to play it off "coolly" (in his own words) that oh, unfortunately, this is our goodbye cuz even though i love you, there's too much opposition from the public blablaba so the engagement will need to get called off. HA does the whole it'll be fine, I'll go through with it even though it might be difficult but it's fine as long as are hearts are the same and you don't have to worry about me having a hard time speech... i honestly, the first time i watched it, thought that this was another one of HA's trick on JH to get back at him... so at the end when JH snaps (feeling so uncomfortable/guilty on how far his joke got) i TOTALLY cringed... i'm guessing (with hindsight) that the awkwardness made himself super defensive-- so he mocks HA for being so naive as to not see through his acting... but he definitely doesn't feel good about it... hence wanting at one point to go back, seeing her crying like that and checking on her during the flight... not to say that this justifies him for being such a royal richard simmons but... basically this guy needs some SERIOUS growing up... not pulling a prank and then being unable to face the responsibility of doing such a wrong and apologizing sincerely instead of saving his own hide/esteem at the expense of the other person/victim

not quite sure yet as to why HA told the press she's going along with the engagement... may be just pure vindictive impulse... she's definitely royally pissed. I just love it though how the princess totally is on her side about her brother being a jerk, but doesn't want things to get worse for her oppa (trying to protect him when he had another one of those foot-in-mouth moments in the room) i think they will become awesome in-laws... basically JH blows it himself when talking to the princess that he felt very conflicted about his joke too... the princess of course catches him dead on that he actually likes HA (though he still denies it) and i think it opened ground for HA and JH to talk to each other again. this and his sincere speech afterwards about how despite the fact that he (kinda) does like her, it's not like anything definite can come out of this, considering all the political implications... i think it was enough for HA to let the case slide for now... like his speech about not willing to become NK's hostage in the bathroom fight scene... honestly, HA's attitude toward JH when they're not flirt/fighting is like an older sister toward a kid brother... being forgiving once she sees that he does feel sorry for it and has gotten a glimpse to the motivations behind his actions... a bit of a stretch but i guess that's just how good of a person she is? anyway she's planning to say o well, let's put that behind us and well part on good terms--- leading to the whole farewell drinking party and kiss XD

well that's all i got from my limited korean... can't WAIT for the subs to be complete so i get the entire awesomeness of this story-telling... i want to kick JH for being such a jerk but he definitely as room and the potential to grow and mature... so i'll let him be for now and give him the chance

but ughhh the royal sibling interactions just kill me... don't JH and the princess's bedside talk totally remind you of how real second brother and maknae sisters talk heart to heart to each other? lol so yeah... my heart is already suffering in the anticipation of JK's assassination weep*

I'm sorry...but i don't like this episode, JH too cruel to HA, playing her feeling... At least at the end he lil bit confessed that he has feeling to her. The preview for next episode also makes me feel tired coz looks like HA character turns too much into an innocent girl, i miss to see her tough side... Anyway K2H always makes a surprising story line and i'll wait where the story will go... Agree with someone here said that HJW too much cute in portraying HA. please show us more of her tough side. 

That's only my thought, but still i like TK2H

longer version of the kiss....:rolleyes: enjoy!  

http://youtu.be/e5jC42QHG7s

and d preview for next week

http://youtu.be/NN-WwYBiw84

hello all.. i'm newbie here and this is my first post here..

I though The King deserves to be someone who gain respect, I love his character.. but unfortunetly he will die, maybe next week episode..

I hope eng subs for the preview.. I curious about relationship between JH & HA, i though both of them finally married, because I see HA wears same outfit like in Goong and TMTETS, the wedding outfits. But why JH looks mad? And then HA also mad & I though he left JH, back with her dad??

Guest Hi-Tech

I liked today's episode so much I'm at a loss for words... Just letting the raw video play loop the loop on my computer screen. Thanks semifly for the torrents of TK2H episodes!

I can't even imagine what the future episodes hold... the scale of this series' writing, casting, directing...  with 14 more episodes to go, I'm shaking with excitement!

At the thought of the possibility that JK's death next week, the drama will be on an even bigger scale as JH becomes king... LSG wi'll do more than be great, he'll eat the camera! hahaha! So excited!!!:w00t: 

JS and SK... they definitely are a couple to watch for. Nice first encounter!

Still dumbfounded and speechless about today's episode... My mind is blank.

Happy weekend everyone!

Well, the kiss scene was truly sensual (and that is something to say for a kdrama) and beautifully shot :wub: . It's such a pity that only the censored version made it to the actual broadcast. I remember reading an article here on soompi.com about the censored kiss scene in Man of Honor between Lee Jang Woo and Park Ming Young and how the shots were edited in a way that it would seem as a "standard" kdrama kiss not a real kiss. I've never been to Korea and never talked to a Korean, however, I'd think they would survive a real kiss in their series more frequently nowadays since they survived it in past. Look at Goong, Personal Taste ( the most viewed kdrama kiss on youtube probably ever) or even City Hunter last year. I guess even teenagers wouldn't suffer much since last I've checked the first part of Twilight: Breaking Dawn fared quite well and I suppose it's not the ajummas who spent most of the money.

The chemistry between HJW and LSG is off the charts and directing, cinematography and music score only add an extra allure to the whole story :wub: . It's been such a long time for me since I've been so utterly addicted to a drama (City Hunter), however, The King 2Hearts got to me in a way few series had. I like they are ahead with the filming you can see the high quality in all areas editing, music editing ( nice balance between instrumentals and the songs, usually in most kdramas there are so many songs that play over and over again and don't suit the mood of the scene), no serious eye-catching mistakes... It's simply perfection. Let's see how long they'll be able to hold such a high standard.

I'm really sorry about the ratings since the drama is of the highest quality. Well, it's normal that most of the quality kdramas have average ratings most of the times ( exception Secret Garden). Look at The Moon that Embraces the Sun it had ratings in the 35%-43% range but there were mistakes in almost every episode :rolleyes: ( editing, cup with "made in China",and so on they were piling and every time you heard apologies and that they would make a better next episode only to come up with even bigger mistakes), the editing was messy at best, KSH gave an inspired performance he'd been sending flames towards HGI to create chemistry but it simply didn't work much many people say it was because the age difference or HGI didn't try enough but I think it was more of a writing problem I couldn't feel the pressing urge for them to be together.

I can't simply find such problems with The King 2Hearts. KEEP FIGHTING!!! :w00t:

OMG I was beside myself with the whole episode, I don't think that the prince is mean he is just a boy, used to play with people and he found his match, I was smiling like an idiot the whole episode but I have to wait for the subs, great episode. This is the type of drama I love to watch. I don't know where it is going but I am pretty sure that LJH has to do some growing up in the next episodes and KHA has to use that strong side of her to help him. She is like a metaphor for the country some times sweet, and sometimes harsh, she doesn't trust him since he is always playing but he has to convince her that he is the man for her, just like he has to convince the people of the republic that he is the king for them. I can't wait, is getting better with every episode.

@Briseis, I agree with you, I have watched dramas all my life, mostly Spanish, Brazilian and in the US (all my children, One life to live, and general Hospital) and you see all type of love scenes at all times during the day I don't get it, it is ok, because kids don't watch that type of stuff kids watch cartoons or shows made for them. I think it is a hypocresy on part of society since I watch a movie with LDG and BDN where I had to stop because it was almost a xxx movie but in the dramas she acts as a shy maiden and he kiss as if he is 8 years old. Come on, we are in 2012, we all can handle it so can they. We all know it is just fantasy, unreal and made up, why do they hide it from teenagers and from us as if we don't know how to kiss the minute we hit 13.

Guest bashful

wow kiss scene yeah!!!!! can't wait for today's ep

Ha Ji Won is so beautiful! OMG! I totally have a girl crush on her. I didn't like her much in Secret Garden but she looks stunning in this drama. She looks so feminine and vulnerable in skirts and hanbok that you would never guess she's a trained killer :D But I like her better when she's showing  her tough side. It is just me or does anybody else think she's acting a little bit too cute?

Hang Ah's dad is the best dad ever. He's just hilarious and so caring at the same time. I love their dad-daughter relationship as much as I love two brothers relationship. I think I'm going to cry a river in the next episode. The King is one of my most favourite characters. That's going to be heartbreaking :'(

Oh and of course I can't forget THIS, right? :D I liked BTS of a kiss much better!

can't anyone post the longer bts kiss scene in youtube. Thanks a million

can't anyone post the longer bts kiss scene in youtube. Thanks a million

Try this link ockoala posted it on her website:

http://koalasplayground.com/2012/04/05/bts-of-the-tender-fluttery-kiss-in-episode-6-of-the-king-2-hearts/

Guest bashful

Try this link ockoala posted it on her website:

http://koalasplayground.com/2012/04/05/bts-of-the-tender-fluttery-kiss-in-episode-6-of-the-king-2-hearts/

Thank you so much for you fast reply and help. : )

hello again my dear TK2H friends!!!

today I'm really excited because I loved ep 6 so much!!! I'm really happy and relieved as I didn't give up my hope from HJW and this show. I took what I want today. for the first time, I felt the chemistry between the leads and I wanted more and more!!

trutfully, there are a lot of missing parts because I watched it raw and I'm looking forward to clear them up by recap or sub. however, it was still so good! I cannot imagine how meaningful it will be when I re-watch it with subs.

there were a lot of good scenes today. yes! kissing scene was awesome but I loved hugging scene, too. my heart just melted. how wonderful was the shooting. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm really impressed with director's style, the color, shooting way. I love more and more HJW and admire her thanks to that drama. she's so beautiful and I believe that she's ageless.

there are many differences between TK2H and the other dramas. the script, shooting, directing, acting. it suprises and it's uncommon for K-drama land. you never know what you expect. for instance, if it was a common K-drama, for a long time one side does not accept his/her feelings and the viewer dies for waiting. but it is not like that. the prince didn't make us wait, and he confessed her feelings to both himself and also to HA. just politics change everything and the prince is so brave to accept this truth.

actually, I'm a little bit old-fashioned viewer. so I was expecting the second lead actor would fall in love with HA. but it doesn't seem so. I think he will fall for the princess. another new thing, right?

anyway, ep 6 is a turning point for me and I'm really excited for the next episodes again.

ohh, I just forgot! thanx a lot for sharing BTS. I loved it, too. especially, I was able to see how cute and lively HJW is even in real. whereever she is, she brings the joy. the atmosphere seems to really good.

have a wonderful weekend everyone

XO XO

Guest purpleZ

Hi all! First time posting here although I've been following this thread. The BTS kiss was damn steamy! Both of them were making out big time for sure. Seung Gi has become a big man now :)

Just an update on the ratings. Rooftop Prince took over the first place for the first time...

AGB Nielsen Media ratings for Thursday 5 April:

Rooftop Prince: 12.5%

The King 2 Hearts: 12.1%

The Equator Man: 10.2%

It's a close battle.

Guest Jan-Di-Seta

Hello Hearties! First I want to thank you for everything! ^^

And I post this comment for ask if someone can translate the preview of the next week episode 7 please? Because they're some part that I don't understand.

Thanks Again! :)

Guest arathegreat

Unfortunately, some think that this drama is boring and ridiculous where in fact it's well written, well directed and well oriented so far.

I don't get the point of bragging here that every detail in the drama is impossible and pointless.

Hello? I think they missed reading the synopsis and description that it is fictional.

In fact, I was impressed with the writers of this show. We have a fictional set-up but the conflicts are real.

Maybe the writer really thinks the possibility of North Korea/South Korea unification, on what will it be if ever.

The treadmill, the singing--even though I'm not Korean, the idea of them being united at this time, the scene just brought the tears.

Who doesn't want to see them united? I think every detail about them is brilliant.

It's not your typical series and typical story that's why others think that it's boring and dragging.

The show is apparently romantic, but it has these political conflicts underneath. And gladly these conflicts aren't episode fillers.

The details do not really aim to just build the romance, but to reinforce the idea if ever NK and SK were united.

Action series are not my dramas but this one is an exception. Seriously.

Superb casts and acting too. I don't think I'll be able to see other Lee Jae Ha and Kim Hang Ah.

Cinematography, editing and directing? Way better than IRIS and City Hunter.

I think the writers were already able to showcase their claim that it has the black comedy ingredient.

To be honest, it's risky to do that "style", thanks to these brilliant writers, they were able to make it.

For the past years that I've been in K-dramaland, I'm glad that they were able to discuss issues about NK/SK conflicts

in a comical way, instead of focusing on "spy-related, betrayal" blah blah thing.

Who is actually affected by the war? What and who is mostly damaged between the strife?

This drama just magnified it all.

I like it when everything is not explicitly stated--you really have to think.

Argh, sorry if my ideas are too scattered. Hope you got my point.

I just can't help but share my insights about the drama.

I don't like when they're trying to rationalize the results of ratings where in fact, they only want to bash and heavily criticize the drama.

I'm afraid that the writers will run out of ideas. Hope they don't.

Fighting King 2 Hearts. I'm in full support of this show. <3

Archived