[Drama 2012] Rooftop Prince 옥탑방 왕세자

iledrama

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

itemprop="name" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Raleway; line-height: 1.25em; margin: 0px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 28.8px; color: rgb(45, 36, 36);"K-Toon: Do you have a better (or less insane) reason for watching a show over and over?

by Fox on Tue, Nov 18, 2014

rooftop_cover.png

What are your reasons for re-watching your favorite shows?

rooftop_1.png
rooftop_2.png
rooftop_3.png

rooftop_4.png

think I've watched Rooftop Prince (at least) 7 times. And rats, the Prince STILL hasn't decided to stay with Park-Ha yet. (Maybe if I watch it 7 more?)

Claire and Kara star in my romance novel, click here.

source:  

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Man Crush Monday: “Rooftop Prince’s” Lee Gakakinahana89 November 24, 2014
Man Crush Monday: “Rooftop Prince’s” Lee Gak

This week on Man Crush Monday, our featured man is saving us a time traveling trip by coming here to the present from Joseon himself. Let’s welcome the Crown Prince, Lee Gak, from “Rooftop Prince” to the 21st century!

His story is certainly a rather strange one, but Lee Gak tugged on the heartstrings so much, we just went with the flow and found ourselves enraptured by his exciting journey. After the unexpected death of his Crown Princess, Hwa Young, Lee Gak secretly assembled a team to do a little detective work. He was keen enough to suspect foul play, rather than an accidental death as everyone believed, and it was for that specific reason, that Lee Gak found himself in the modern times, falling in love with Park Ha, the reincarnation of Hwa Young’s sister, Bu Yong.

Let’s take a look at the five reasons that makes Lee Gak so crush-worthy (spoilers ahead):

1. He’s a fair and kind Crown Prince.

MCM_Lee Gak_Crown Prince

Due to their privileged lives, royalties can be arrogant, conceited, and downright mean sometimes, especially to those of a lower status than them. With Lee Gak; however, that is not the case at all. He’s constantly bright, friendly, and pleasant. He has a love for poetry and simplistic beauty, such as his Crown Princess and nature in general. He treats others with respect and even when he was a child, he was well-behaved rather than mischievous. In the end, although he dealt out a harsh death penalty for the perpetrators of the crime, it wasn’t unwarranted. He even, despite his reluctance, showed Hwa Young and her mother mercy because it was what Bu Yong wanted.

2. Lee Gak is hilarious, even if it’s often unintentional.

MCM_Lee Gak_Unintentional Humor

I think there’s something just so amusing and endearing about his childlike innocence when it comes to discovering something new. Of course, it’s understandable that he would be absolutely mesmerized by all the modern day items and technology, but it doesn’t make it any less comical to see his face light up in pure delight or to see the wits getting scared out of him by moving images on a television. His sidekicks make it even more hysterically funny, but Lee Gak is always at the center of their shenanigans. Spending time with him would never be a bore because there are too many things in the world to show him and, more often than not, he loves them! What’s truly amazing about this particular trait though, is that Lee Gak adjusts pretty quickly and even turns situations around to suit his needs. Remember when he called a tow truck to take him and his vehicle to the park so Park Ha could teach him how to drive? Ha! Talk about clever!

3. He has a teasingly playful nature.

MCM_Lee Gak_Playful

When Lee Gak isn’t busy trying to figure out the modern world and trying to calm his racing heart due to sheer terror, he actually already has his own playfulness. His carefree attitude is nicely countered his by dedication to his duties – like tracking down the ones responsible for his Crown Princess’s death. He certainly knows how and when to be serious, but he also knows very well when to kick back and enjoy himself. He finds amusement in teasing Park Ha, but she always returns the favor with equal fervor, making them the perfect match. I dare you not to smile when you watch their antics, especially that one time where he pretended to have another allergy attack and demanded Park Ha give him CPR again! HA! Lee Gak is really the best of both worlds and he is honestly such a sweetheart now that he knows what true love really is… without all the saeguk restrictions! He he!

4. Lee Gak can be fierce.

MCM_Lee Gak_Fierce

Don’t let his laid back demeanor fool you though, because when Lee Gak roars, even the lions might tuck tail and flee the scene. He can have a short temper, but they honestly don’t last long if it’s completely unreasonable – only because he was raised to have a full staff waiting on him hand and foot. Now that he doesn’t have that luxury, it took him a bit to adjust, although he does pretty well for himself. That kind of short-temper wasn’t the fierceness I was talking about though. No, I’m talking about the unforgiving side of him. The side that goes head to head with those trying to take him – or his reincarnation – down. Lee Gak constantly tries to stay one step ahead of the game and carries the burning negativity in his heart as fuel to defeat Yong Tae Mu.

He can be scary, cunning, manipulative, threatening, and strategic. He’s also a mega talented actor with the way he pulled off being Yong Tae Yong. It’s such a big contrast to his usual attitude, but it fits him and his status of Crown Prince so well! I loved watching him surprising the living daylights out of Yong Tae Mu and Hong Se Na on a normal basis, all in the name of protecting, not just himself, but Park Ha as well.

5. He’s a fantastic mystery solver.

MCM_Lee Gak_Mystery

Hide all the crossword puzzles and Clue games! Lee Gak has a brain for solving mysteries! I will never know how he managed to connect the dots so completely from his Joseon era to the modern times simply by living with Park Ha for a short period of time, falling in love with her, and realizing that Hong Se Na was almost completely devious, especially with Yong Tae Mu planting ideas in her head. Still, the man managed to do it, much to the surprise of everyone back in the palace (of course, the fact that only a day had passed there might have added to the surprise factor…). But not only that, Lee Gak also displayed his amazing talent numerous times when unveiling both Hong Se Na and Yong Tae Mu’s individual and combined schemes and catching Hong Se Na, with evidence, as the culprit behind the death of Yong Tae Yong’s grandmother. Sometimes, you just have to wonder if he’s got eyes and ears everywhere…

Do you approve of Lee Gak from “Rooftop Prince” as this week’s Man Crush Monday? On our scale of 1 to 10, how does he rank on your crush list? Let us know in the comments below and remember to keep nominating those crushes for our December Mystery Reveal!

cr: soompi news

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kyung-jin

I want to share my favorite character in this drama because it's different from what other people will choose..

he is song man bo.. I like his character.. he is very smart and intelligent..

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Woman Crush Wednesday: “Rooftop Prince’s” Park Haakinahana89 January 28, 2015
Woman Crush Wednesday: “Rooftop Prince’s” Park Ha

There’s nothing I love more than a woman capable of being independent and strong. Although there are plenty of characters that come to mind when I think about who applies, Park Ha from “Rooftop Prince” always makes the list. I might be cheating a little bit, but when you add in Park Ha’s past life, Hong Bu Yong, then she’s even more ideal of a woman.

For our Woman Crush Wednesday this week, we’ll be focusing on both aspects of Park Ha – her present day self and her past self. I mean, haven’t you ever wondered how much of yourself was influenced by your past life? Interesting to think about, isn’t it?

But let’s take a look at Park Ha, shall we? (Spoilers ahead.)

1. Park Ha doesn’t take anyone’s attitude.

WCW_ParkHa_Boss2

Lee Gak certainly has an attitude and temper befitting of a Crown Prince, but no matter his status in Joseon, Park Ha is boss in Seoul. That means butting heads so much, they might as well have been glued together. When Park Ha isn’t busy exchanging commands and showing Lee Gak who the real leader is around here, she’s also constantly warding off Hong Se Na‘s devious schemes. Seems like the poor woman could never get a break!

2. She’s intelligent.

WCW_ParkHa_Intelligent

Whether as Park Ha or Bu Yong, her brains are always on display. No, notliterally! As Bu Yong, she was clearly the smarter of the two sisters who could always answer the Crown Prince’s riddles and playfully banter with him in poetry. She had even saved her sister, Hong Hwa Yong, from shame and embarrassment on multiple occasions by engaging Lee Gak in distracting conversation when it was clear her sister had no idea how to respond to the Crown Prince’s apparent adoration for poetry and literature. In the present day as Park Ha, she has been independent practically her entire life and knows how to take care of herself. If something is fishy, Park Ha can usually tell.

3. She’s strong.

WCW_ParkHa_Strong

It takes a lot of courage and guts to team up with Lee Gak in order to draw out criminals, Hong Se Na and Yong Tae Mu, but Park Ha does it with fierce determination. She willingly dives into danger to bring justice and help Lee Gak solve the mystery of why he was transported to the modern times and figure out what really happened to Yong Tae Yong, his present day self. As her past self, there is no better sign of inner strength than to willingly eat dried permissions that have been sprinkled with poison, knowing that she’s, not only saving her evil family, but the Crown Prince as well.

4. Park Ha is influential.

WCW_ParkHa_Influential

How much influential power does it take to make a Crown Prince lose his composure and participate in childish pranks? How much influence must he be under in order to squeal and prance around after realizing how fun the modern times can be? Enough said! Haha.

5. Park Ha always maintains a sense of positivity.

WCW_ParkHa_Positivity

She’s been through a lot, both as a child and as an adult, but Park Ha is always seen with a smile on her face, a bright, upbeat attitude, and a positive outlook on life. She doesn’t let anything kick her down for long and she knows how to get revenge when it counts. (How many times did Park Ha prank Lee Gak over his holier-than-thou attitude? Haha!) She knows to never give up because, only then, is there still hope. It’s not to say that Park Ha doesn’t feel negativity, because she does, but she does not allow it to control her. To me, that is a great quality to possess!

Soompiers, was Park Ha ever one of your favorite characters? What are your thoughts on her being our Woman Crush Wednesday this week? Who are you looking forward to seeing next? Let me know in the comments below! Until next week!

WCW_ParkHa_Boss

cr: soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

Though there were some scenes where I thought that the plot could move faster, I loved the story, the characters. 
I love the character of Bu Yong, such a sacrifice, Such a beauty. Han Ji Min made me cry my heart out. Park Ha was a modern version of Bu Yong, sacrificial, caring and amazing... 
Lee Gak has an amazing personality too. 
I loved the way they intertwined past and present and made it so beautiful...
There are many dramas I have watched but Rooftop is the only drama which makes me want to read some fanfictions to continue the love story of Park Ha and Lee Gak... Some FFs out there are amazing but unfortunately not many are completed

• 2 months later...
Guest kyung-jin

class="at_ttl"Eight Times That K-Dramas Were Filmed In Another Country

BY Julie Jones | Apr 21, 2015 09:54 AM EDT    

K-dramas are a fun way to learn about Korea and check out many of the local attractions before planning a trip there.

But occasionally, k-dramas are also set in other countries. Sometimes they are actually filmed on location but sometimes the drama producers create a set that simulates a recognizable foreign scene.

The two most popular countries to either film in or pretend to film in are the U.S. and Macao.

3. "Rooftop Prince" also had scenes that were supposed to be in New York but they didn't seem very realistic. Han Ji Min is working at a street fair when Park Yoo Chun discovers her. Park Yoo Chun also spends time with his murderous cousin, played by Lee Tae Sang, in a New York-style bar. That interior seemed realistic although it could have been a New York-style bar in Seoul.

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/82257/20150421/eight-times-that-k-dramas-were-filmed-in-another-country.htm

Guest kyung-jin

15 Adorable times Asian celebrities posed with cardboard cutout friends

by Rara Pop on Fri, Apr 24, 2015

Cardboard cutouts of the hottest stars can be seen all over the place in Asia. While not as great as the real person, these cutouts sure make for an entertaining substitute! Last time I brought you an article all about celebrities posing with their own cardboard cutouts, and now it's time to share the next set of pictures. Scroll through to see some of the biggest Asian celebrities posing with cardboard cutout versions of their famous friends and coworkers!

2. Jae Joong with Yoochun

Jae Joong had some fun on a set of his drama when he stumbled across a cutout of his JYJ bandmate Yoochun. Too funny!

9. Rooftop Prince Cast with Yoochun

Yay mini Rooftop Prince reunion! I just love Choi Woo Shik's pose!

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/15-adorable-times-asian-celebrities-posed-with-cardboard-cutout-friends/

Archived