[Drama 2012] Rooftop Prince 옥탑방 왕세자

iledrama

[TRANS] Snippets of Yoo Chun's interview in Singles Magazine April issue

yfrog5ecfehj790.jpg

Q: You are the eloquent, organised & well-read sort. That is true right?

YC: Not so, all I've been doing lately is GAMING, haha.

20121215190356.png

Q: Of all your images till now, which one do you fancy most?

YC: In actual fact, this time round, I planned to shaved my head bald completely, just like Hareem. In that way, I can tattoo on my scalp, haha, just kidding. Personally, I love long hair. When "Sung Kyung Kwan Scandal" ended, my hair grew so long to the extent that it could be tied up. I like that sort of hairdo. But once you cut it short, you will never be able to grow it back even if you want to. Now I understand why girls cut their hair and never grow it long again, my mum is like this too. Furthermore, if I want to grow my hair long, there must be at least one year which I don't work, but so far there has been continuous work.

Q: Previously, in your interviews, you mentioned that you will go with members to the outskirts to farm if you can't have activities anymore. In reality, is that possible?

YC: At that time, I did not say it casually. I really planned with the thought of giving up as an artiste and leave the company, sincerely relinquishing everything and only taking care of my family, just like that! It's the members who grab hold of me, and one another.

twimgmediabeii0mwcqaa16.jpg

Q: Do you have thoughts of appearing in variety shows in the future?

YC: A little burdened for talk shows, but it seems like invitations won't be coming anyway (LOL). Aren't there the free-and-easy type of variety shows with comfortable dialogue and some humour? Recently, I'm watching "Moving Forward - Stories Of Friends"

(chloe: you can google 행진 - 친구들의 이야기, DETECTIVE HYUNG IS IN IT. OH MY CHUN, YOU SWEETHEART.)

twitpicbq3mi3790.jpg

and I think to myself: if there is an opportunity, I would also like to appear in it.

(About his solo album)

YC: The style of the solo album is light, mild, and gentle. Even though the releasing is postponed, I will still slowly, genuinely complete the story -- and release it only then.

Q: Do you cry while watching movies or dramas?

YC: The times when i cry are usually in the morning, about 8 o'clock? Not that I woke up so early, but that I didn't sleep and remained awake till that time. With my bedroom door closed, I lie on my bed to watch. There were tragic ones which I didn't cry. There were also those that were nothing much but I cried like crazy. I try my best to watch alone. I'm the type to finish it myself, nobody knows.

CHI TRANS: 暖日呀呀

ENG TRANS: chloe6002

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for sharing the magazine news.
May I ask what does "Dc" stands for?
I am watching DVD Director's cut for ep 1 and Boo Yong really has a elder brother.  Wonder why this scene is cut and get so many Drama Bean fans aimlessly discussing on the part hearing LG calling out "brother-in-law".  Have to say Boo Yong's mother....she is still so beautiful after so many years as Lady Choi in Dae Jang Geum.  In fact, I first watch JM in this drama and have a good impression on her. 

Guest dajungjoo

Pretty Jimin~~!! ^^
She was taking profile photographs yesterday~~

526790_439752816094021_1676123629_n.jpg

312898_439752822760687_2026039711_n.jpg

Credit: https://www.facebook.com/smcncactors

Guest berrylite

JM must be IN LOVE...she is a real natural beauty beautiful at all angles. I hope YC can disclose some info about his love life at the Jap concert.

Singles Magazine Interview shared by Park Yoochun Singapore Fanclub:
http://parkyoochunsgfc.com/2013/03/20/20march2013interview-yuchun-on-acting-han-jung-woo-and-other-topics-in-singles-magazine/

http://parkyoochunsgfc.com/2013/03/20/20march2013-interview-final-excerpts-of-yuchuns-interview-in-singles-magazine-s4/

In the 2nd link, YC talked about the plight if he is seeing someone. Personally find his answer quite tricky, seem to be a yes and no.Shh...getting worried what he will say in his coming Japan concert.

Guest berrylite

I interpret that he might be seeing someone for about a year and from entertainment industry...hmmm...and probably not ready to disclose to public until that someone fully accept it...

Guest pnganne

Well, he is in a hurry. He is definitely very much in love with this woman. There is no way that he is going to let anyone or any situation ruin this relationship. I think he may be planning his proposal during his concert or there's a possibility of his gal present at his concert. We must understand him. He doesn't want to play any part in unnecessary rumors whenever he takes up a new project or having his named linked with other girls while his beloved suffers in silence.

Guest berrylite

I will definitely get a heart attack if he is going to reveal the special person in the upcoming concert...hehehe..let's gather all the spies to capture the gal should she makes an appearance in the concert...

I don't know if he is likely to reveal but considering he will serve military service, he may do so. It also goes to show he is fully prepared and truly loves the person and that someone has accepted him. I am looking forward this day.

Guest camillecatherine

hayuinblue said: if i'm not mistake one of you said that there's similarity between Rooftop Prince and a novel "A Knight in Shining Armour" by Jude Deveraux
because of that, i began to read the novel (Thanks God i have the Novel, never had a time to read it before Rooftop Prince..thanks for the recommendation ^^)
indeed, there some similarity but not all of them.
1. the male lead came from another century
2. they both already married
3. they travel to the future, but because of different reason. Nicholas reason was to find the man who betrayed him and Lee Gak's reason was to investigate his wife murder
4. they both back to their time when they found love

Overall i enjoy both the novel and Rooftop Prince so much..but by read this novel, it help me to understand more why they must separate and waiting for so long to be reunited with their loves one through their reincarnation.
At first, It's hard for me to accept that park ha won't be together with Lee gak in the end but now i realize they can't be together because they came from different world where they have their own role in this world. The role that affect everybody life around them. Lee gak's role is in the past and Park Ha's role is in the future..
Hope after this i can watch Rooftop Prince with all the joy and say that they have a happy ending ..finally

Archived