[Drama 2012] Rooftop Prince 옥탑방 왕세자

iledrama

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, I am so excited for this drama.   Will definitely camp here in March.  I am loving the plot of this drama and the cast is looking good.  

Guest babyfaceyoochun

Lee Min-ho (young cast in Moon Sun) will join Rooftop Prince cast~ He also had a small role in SKKS ^^~

6f17be3bgw1dpg9rox22kj.jpg

via: @JPhylls

Guest babyfaceyoochun

for me always yoochun and only Rooftop Prince wub.gif

Who to Watch? Lee Seung Gi vs Park Yoochun

9518e3162696fde358c3b713e9928743_large.jpg

Female fans rejoice! "Prince Yoochun" and "Prince Seung Gi" will be gracing the small screens in the coming month of March. Park Yoochun is the male lead for "Rooftop Prince" and Lee Seung Gi is the male lead for "The King." Both male leads will be playing the same "prince" character. It will be an interesting battle of viewership ratings between the two dramas. <br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; "><br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Lee Seung Gi and Park Yoochun are both Hallyu stars of the same age. They are both skilled musicians as well as acknowledged actors. Interestingly, the two are usually up against each other for the number one and two spots for many fan polls such as "Which Celebrity Will Give the Best Advice?" "The Best Singer Turned Actor," "Which Celebrity Do You Want to Spend the New Years With?" and more. <br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; "><br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Fantasy Melodrama vs Fantasy Romance<br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Lee Seung Gi's upcoming drama, "The King" is set in a fictional contemporary Korea where the monarchy still exists. Lee Seung Gi plays the Crown Prince Lee Jae Ha and female lead Ha Ji Won plays a North Korean agent, Kim Hang Ah. The story is about how the two overcome many obstacles and develop into a romantic relationship<br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; "><br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Park Yoochun's "Rooftop Prince" is also a love story between a Crown Prince, who travels ahead in time, and a modern day female, played by Han Ji Min<br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; "><br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; "><br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">South Korean Prince vs Chosun Prince<br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Both male lead characters in "The King" and "Rooftop Prince" are very similar. One is the Prince of all of South Korea whereas the other is the Crown Prince of the Chosun era. <br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; "><br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Lee Seung Gi's role of Lee Jae Ha is a perfect "Prince Charming" character who has both the looks and the humor. However, although he looks perfect on the outside, inside, he is a bit snobby and has no political ambition. Lee Seung Gi's character in the drama is expected to mirror some of his variety show characters such as "Huh Dang" (slow person) and "Uhm Chin Ah" (that one guy who is the son of your mother's friend; whom your mother compares you with all the time). <br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; "><br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Park Yoochun's character is one to look out for. As a Crown Prince from the ancient times of Chosun, much of the drama will depict how hard it is for him to adjust to the modern times. Though he struggles, Park Yoochun's character will still hold the elegance and upright nature of his usual image. 

<br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">"Nuna, Because You're My Girl" Ha Ji Won vs Han Ji Min<br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Coincidentally, both female leads are older than the male leads. Ha Ji Won is nine years older than Lee Seung Gi and Han Ji Min is four years older than Park Yoochun. Because both Lee Seung Gi and Park Yoochun have quite a large "nuna" fan-base, more anticipation is being put in the chemistry between the two couples. <br style="color: rgb(54, 58, 65); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">

via:soompi

Guest nuuryzaan

Lee Min-ho (young cast in Moon Sun) will join Rooftop Prince cast~ He also had a small role in SKKS ^^~

*quoted image*

via: @JPhylls

oh, I saw Lee Min Ho & Kim So Hyun names which just ended  from The MoonSun drama.*waves*

Great acting from the young casts.  I mean as Prince Yang Myung & Bo-Kyung..

we gonna see you again ^^

Can't wait for Chunnie's drama to start! I'm glad its Han Ji Man that is the leading lady cuz I'm more familiar with her having watched Dae Jang Geum and Yisan. Will definitely come here more. Actor Park Yoochun hwaiting! :)

hooray! I've missed seeing Yoochun on the screen. First look at Han Ji Min gave me wishful thinking that it was PMY lol (loved thosed two in SKKS).

I hope Yoochun's prince isn't too reserved. I want to see him being impulsive and unorthodox in wooing his princess, none of that uber polite Joseon stuff while he is in the 'future'. But it'll be so fun seeing him out of place muahahaha!

Guest babyfaceyoochun

Lee Min-ho goes from MoonSun to Rooftop

LeeMinHo2_1.jpg

Okay, so this, I’m excited about. One of the standout actors from the childhood/teenage era of the hit drama The Moon That Embraces the Sun — Lee Min-ho (not to be confused with Lee Min-ho, natch) — has joined the cast of upcoming SBS drama Rooftop Prince, starring Park Yoochun and Han Ji-min. It looks like he was right when he consideredMoon to be the last of his childhood roles, and well, no one’s really complaining around here that he’s graduated.

Rooftop Prince is a fantasy romance drama that stars Park Yoochun as a Joseon-era prince who tragically loses his princess bride, played by Han Ji-min. He travels forward 300 years to the present (because that’s how long it takes to get over your first love in Korea) and then gets a second chance with her present-day doppelganger. Or something. Jung Yumiwill play the present-day love rival, and there have been rumors about Lee Tae-sung(Playful Kiss) joining the cast, but the reports are still unconfirmed.

Lee Min-ho will play the prince’s teacher, a genius (of course) named Song Man-bo, and the youngest man in history to pass the civil service exam. It’s pretty much his buddy Yeom in Moon, right? Except in this case he’s actually younger than the prince he’s teaching, which should make for some funny reversals. His character apparently has a photographic memory, which I don’t think counts as genius, but whatever. I just hope he’s along for the ride into the fourth dimension. I mean, you need a geek onboard to operate the time machine, right?

Rooftop Prince airs Wednesday-Thursday on SBS and premieres March 14.

Via E Daily

translate and shared by  dramabeans

Jung Yumi fills out the Rooftop love triangle

jyumi_16.jpg

Time-jumping fantasy romance drama Rooftop Prince now has its first love triangle with the casting of Jung Yumi, who recently wrapped up the melo weepfest Thousand Day Promise.

Ha, I guess that makes her the first actress to act with both Park brothers, what withYoo-hwan in Promise and now Yoochun as the Joseon-era prince-out-of-water who finds himself in modern Korea. (Although I’m not sure she ever shared a scene with Yoo-hwan, come to think of it.)

I get an additional laugh out of this casting news because it comes just a day after her management issued a “What? This is the first we’re hearing of this news” statement when rumors of her involvement surfaced. I get the knee-jerk denial that comes when your big announcement gets bogarted by the press, but there are smoother ways to do it.

In Rooftop Prince, Jung Yumi plays a woman who’s skilled at playing the coy innocent, which should be a big change from her sweet, frank-to-a-fault character in Promise. She was often a frustrating doormat in that drama, but I had grudging respect for her overall goodness of character. Let’s see if she can turn that off and play the romantic spoiler here.

Rooftop Prince also stars Han Ji-min as the prince’s lost beloved in the past, as well as a modern woman who’s the spitting image of that princess in contemporary Korea. The drama will air on SBS beginning in March.

Via BNT News

translate and shared :dramabeans

Guest glacierkn

I really appreciate all the news! I'll be watching this for Han Ji Minnie. I'm a little nervous about this pairing, but I think they'll make it work cuz they're both great actors. The supporting cast all look amazing so far! Fighting!

Archived