Age/race guessing? If so,

this really isn't the thread

for that. But if you're asking

for a critique, -shrugg-,

please do say so. 'Cause

you know, the thread is called

'Critique My Appearance.' >>;

Guest kohl_mascara

Lol, this thread is so vain! hahaha, I agree with the comment that people just post their pictures up to get compliments :P But I guess it doesn't hurt to get an ego boost now and then ^^

Guest binjoo

I feel kind of weird doing this, but I would like to hear feedback from others, so here goes:

So, it's the summer and I figured I could do something to change my hairstyle since I have a lot of time.

And to get this out of the way, I'm 18 and 1/2 Korean and 1/2 Hmong. :D

(And I apologize for making almost the same face in every picture... My friend told me I make a "picture face" and now I'm conscious about that...)

bangst.th.jpg

The picture on the left is what I'm sporting nowadays. Long, dyed hair with side bangs. I tie my hair up most of the time cause it's too long...

I'm debating whether or not to grow my bangs out or cut them. I don't know which looks better.

glassesezh.th.jpg

I just got new glasses (the ones above) and I also got new contacts, so I don't know what to wear most days.

hairr.th.jpg

I also want to cut my hair because it's really long now...

I want to go right below my shoulder, but I haven't had it that short since middle school so I'm worried it'll look weird. (The one on the right is the shortest I've had in in a couple years. It's from last year.)

And also, I was going to color my hair with a cut. My roots are growing in fast so it's kind of annoying...

Should I keep it brown or go back to dark dark brown? (Or somewhere in the middle?)

Thanks guys.

Guest kohl_mascara

^you look really cute with glasses! But you also look great without them. I also love your long hair and the curls. . .they look so glamorous on you. Since it is summer, I'd go with the lighter color (and because your skin is so fair, the medium brown really compliments your skin tone), but if you want to cut it - sure, why not? Hair grows back. Plus it's good to have a trim/cut every few months to keep long hair healthy.

Guest nilette

Hiya guys, first post heeere.

So, uh, I wanted to know specifically what I can do to my face to look more...feminine? Like hairstyles or makeup or anything. I get called a dude a lot probably cause of my hairstyle and while I don't really care half the time, it does get kind of annoying when it's your parents or friends who call you that. (= 3 =)

DSCN1572.jpg

i cheated in the pic by bunching up my lips lol and eyes but whatever lol.

Guest JunsuLove

th_Photo0396.jpg th_Photo0402.jpgth_Photo0343J.jpgth_Photo0345.jpg

[thumbnails, click for larger image] (don't mind the baggy shorts, I was trying my S/O's on, lol)

Any suggestions on a new hair & fashion style?

I kind of want bangs.. I used to have them but they kind of disappeared, lol.

Or maybe bangs wouldn't look good on me?

On any day, I'm usually found wearing some sort of school t-shirt and shorts..

I want to be a bit more fashionable [girly] but I just don't know what would look good on me..

Tips anyone?

Thanks!

Guest melty-kiss

Binjoo: I actually think you look better with darker brown hair than lighter. If you wanted to cut your hair, a shorter style would definitely not look bad on you. One thing though, thin out your bangs! Make it less thick and clumpy.

Nilette: You have a nice face and I find it feminine.

Try typing your hair high and not have it cover up your face so much.

Actually, you know try styling your hair differently everyday. somtimes put your bangs to the side and clip it or tie your hair or leave it down or tie it half way or to the side. You know ... differently.

As for your face ... eyelashes!! Curl and mascara or use falsies. That'll definitely bring out the feminine looks out immediately.

Junsulove: Your hair looks really flat, no volume to it on the top. When you dry your hair fluff up your hair a bit on the top and use some hair product. Get a haircut that wraps around your face. Like have your hair curl inwards. I think that'll look cute on you. If you want bangs, have long side bangs.

As for your clothing style, don't wear pants that cut off at your shins! It makes you look shapeless and short (sorry ...)

Wear shorts that cut off alittle above the knees and nothing baggy!

Guest JunsuLove

Thanks for the reply melty-kiss, but what do you mean by long side bangs?

[btw, the pants were just for fun, lol, they're not the real kind of shorts I wear xD]

Guest NICONICO-Jin93

Hiya guys, first post heeere.

So, uh, I wanted to know specifically what I can do to my face to look more...feminine? Like hairstyles or makeup or anything. I get called a dude a lot probably cause of my hairstyle and while I don't really care half the time, it does get kind of annoying when it's your parents or friends who call you that. (= 3 =)

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292/ro...es/DSCN1572.jpg

i cheated in the pic by bunching up my lips lol and eyes but whatever lol.

hmm

have you tried flat ironing your hair and putting on eyeliner/mascara?

Guest melty-kiss

Sandy92: Try layering your clothing like wear a sleeved shirt underneath and some cute n-sleeves top over it. Also, wear something that shows your figure more.

Long side bangs ... like have the bangs cut to around your nose and put it to the side. Err ... I should look for a picture ... I might come back with an edit when I find one.

Guest xRuiza

^? i don't understand go for what?? But i do like your hair in the picture with the mask on~

ahh I meant critique it x].

Guest nilette

@melty-kiss: Thanks for the reply. o: And the compliment, lol.

Okay, I'll try that once I grow my bangs out...gotta get some hairclips first haha.

Ahhh...I'll try the eyelash curling thing, but i've got really long and stubborn ones, so that might take a while. Falsies might be a bit extreme since i'm only 14 lol. Thanks though~

@NICONICO-Jin93: Flat ironing? Erp, like wavy hair? I've never tried before xD Mmkay, I'll see about that. Yeah I can try eyeliner but mascara has no effect on my eyelashes cuz my lashes never curl right so it just looks like I have extra long dark and straight lashes. Thanks for the reply. (= u =)

Guest NICONICO-Jin93

@melty-kiss: Thanks for the reply. o: And the compliment, lol.

Okay, I'll try that once I grow my bangs out...gotta get some hairclips first haha.

Ahhh...I'll try the eyelash curling thing, but i've got really long and stubborn ones, so that might take a while. Falsies might be a bit extreme since i'm only 14 lol. Thanks though~

@NICONICO-Jin93: Flat ironing? Erp, like wavy hair? I've never tried before xD Mmkay, I'll see about that. Yeah I can try eyeliner but mascara has no effect on my eyelashes cuz my lashes never curl right so it just looks like I have extra long dark and straight lashes. Thanks for the reply. (= u =)

oh, by flat ironing i meant to straighten your hair even more with one :]

Archived