[Variety] K-Pop Star (K팝 스타)

Guest fanda4000

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they're totally playing it up for drama, but I was moved by Michelle and Ji Min's friendship especially at the end of episode 12. I remember how they were pitted as rivals in the earlier audition episodes. I think the Su Pearls really changed their dynamic and, quite frankly, was the only group that really connected each member as more than just singers, but close friends. SBS, what a way to manipulate the audience. I applaud your machina, deus ex :)

lol I don't know about you but the drama is what keeps me coming back. this show is mad entertaining because of it. Long post incoming...

I think my favorite part about this show is the internal competition between the record companies. It's not so direct like "WHY U TAKE MY HAYI AWAY YG?" but it's done very discretely because the mentors happen to be judges. Deep down, I think each judge wants to prove that their training is the best.

For example, JYP treated Park Jimin like his daughter when he trained her for "I believe I can fly." Check the loving words in the beginning and end.

So in the next round, when SM trained Jimin and JYP trained Lee Hayi to compete against one another, JYP became somewhat cold to Jimin and also by being overzealously rooting for Hayi. Lee Hayi - Mercy

JYP acts like he's watching this for the first time. lol

He also gave Hayi the tools to give the best performance. He added that killer falsetto in the beginning of the song, the awesome low notes, and all the "release me" phrases were completely different in the final performance. Lee Hayi - JYP training

JYP was determined to prove his training is better than SM and it was no contest. Jimin didn't have a chance to beat Hayi this round.

Speaking of SM training, I think they are probably the worst out of the three. In the Lee Jeong Mi training, the rest of the contestants were just either talking, texting, or taking a nap. In the other studios, training is conducted like a class where everybody pays attention to each performance.

Img0403_20120220180638_6.jpg

Guest bokachu

Speaking of SM training, I think they are probably the worst out of the three. In the Lee Jeong Mi training, the rest of the contestants were just either talking, texting, or taking a nap. In the other studios, training is conducted like a class where everybody pays attention to each performance.

Well, you can't compare like that. None of other companies showed how the trainees worked in a studio together like SM

In the previous episode, which is the first casting round, all of trainees were seated together too, and listen to others, and received personal notes from BoA

There was an article stated that BoA was supposedly in Japan after her Toronto filming, but she took a little time to come back to Korea, just to check her trainees and take them to the studio. Maybe the time limit, or the trainees were busily preparing their assignments to perform in front of BoA. etc

You can't just see 1 min video and implied that SM was the worst one

BoA was in disadvantage position where she wasn't in Korea at that time, compared with 2 other companies. Even if she was in Korea, she is still in disadvantage. They are all producers/ CEO. Trainees at SM weren't personally taught by Lee Soo Man. So your comparison in training methods among companies is invalid.

Moreover, The trainees were also be trained by SM's trainers. And how can you know if the trainees were not seated together or not in other training sesstion.

Guest agnexiah

i just done watching ep.12 and i'm crying hard :'(

it's like... jimin is great.. what makes hayi win against jimin is her color voice.. but yeah this is competetion

@SammyCouture

kim nayun has scandal? what scandal exactly?

and yeah did YG make park jong eun change her song the night before, coz she bring lyrics note..

@aeka

i do think so, that Supearls is the only group who not only thinking about 'we must win' they really have strong friendship..

just see how jimin cry after her performance and say 'but seungju onni...' T___T

i love supearls~~~ :')

@badboy yardy

agree~ that jyp want to show that his agency can make the finalist better

Guest kimmyrout

kim nayun has scandal? what scandal exactly?

There were some pictures taken of her in a club and netizens were scandalized because a. she's a minor, and b. she was locking lips with a boy in one of the photos. Her defense was that she went to the club with her family so she was under supervision.

Guest omgshinshin

where can I watch Episode 13? Youtube links anyone? (I don't need subs)

Ep 13 FULL Raw

I'm pretty happy with the Top 10 as well. The only person I really regret seeing go was Kim Woosung. And well, Lee Gunwoo too. I feel really bad but I guess there just are others who are better than them.

I am pretty excited with the coming episodes! Can't wait!

Guest kimmyrout

I am very happy with the Top 10~ :)

Ditto!

I was a bit sad Son Mi-jin got cut but there's no way they would've eliminated Ji-min.

I'm SUPER excited for the live show next week. I was a little surprised at how grand the stage seemed - I was imagining something along the lines of American Idol, in a closed set.

I was a bit sad Son Mi-jin got cut but there's no way they would've eliminated Ji-min.

Yeah, but they totally played up the drama till the very second. Just like how the last episode's preview really played up the elimination of two of the strongest contenders, SBS really milked it for all its' worth in this episode.

That said, I'm glad that of all the 2nd place contestants, they picked the ones who I expected to go through. Can't wait for the live show!

On a tangential note, it's a good thing K-Pop Star is on SBS. What with the labor strikes at MBC and now KBS, this show would have tanked if it couldn't make the live shows. The prospect of their performances and the drama that had unfolded would have been all for naught if there was some sort of interruption. That said, hopefully SBS has been smart enough to treat their workers and their union fairly...at least better so than their counterparts.

Guest Jenny1430266544

Yeah, but they totally played up the drama till the very second. Just like how the last episode's preview really played up the elimination of two of the strongest contenders, SBS really milked it for all its' worth in this episode.

That said, I'm glad that of all the 2nd place contestants, they picked the ones who I expected to go through. Can't wait for the live show!

On a tangential note, it's a good thing K-Pop Star is on SBS. What with the labor strikes at MBC and now KBS, this show would have tanked if it couldn't make the live shows. The prospect of their performances and the drama that had unfolded would have been all for naught if there was some sort of interruption. That said, hopefully SBS has been smart enough to treat their workers and their union fairly...at least better so than their counterparts.

good points. I was holding my breath until the very end when they decided the final top 10 spot.

SPOILER: highlight text to read:

I was extremely disappointed that Son Mi Jin didn't make it since she did well in her very final stage among the 2nd-placers. I would have picked her over some of the others in the top-10 spot, namely Kim Na Yoon. I love Lee Seung Hoon as well but I was disappointed with what he had to offer this episode.

Guest GrassIsForCows

Actually thought Son Mi Jin would get placed over Ji Min. What the judges said about Ji Min's performance at the end was EXACTLY what I thought as well. It totally reminded me of her first performance on this show w/ "Irreplaceable." Wasn't impressed then, and truthfully wasn't too wowed with this last one either.

I understand why some people are confused at Kim Na Yoon's place in the top 10, but she BROUGHT the goods in this performance of her's with "Hit the Road Jack." It was great: attitude, confidence, vocals, what have you. She had it. She nailed it. Better than her competitors in her group by a mile and some. Yes, her performances before this and after her first were god-awful, but she made me forget those yawn-worthy ones with this latest. I think she'll do well. Maybe... haha.

Lee Seung Hoon was creative in his 2nd-place revival performance! Definitely showed why he's capable of surviving the live rounds.

Park Jae Hyung was so freeeeee in his performance!! Definitely my favorite of his next to "We All Try."

So sad for the contestants who couldn't make it through T_T Really got attached to all of them!!!

Just a few things that really stuck out for me in this latest. :D

i'm rooting for Park Jae Hyung! his performance of Bruno Mars' Just the Way You Are, totally had me head over heels for him! whoo!

Yoon Hyun Sang definitely have skills and is very impressive as well...

Lee Jung Mi...she's my personal favorite b/c of her determination... i really like her...

Baek Ah Yeon...this girl has me recording songs all night! i loved her Haru Haru version and her voice is really amazing!

everybody else, i think they were all very good...but none really struck me as this four did...so i'm hoping one of these four win in the end...FIGHTING!

Guest Jenny1430266544

Baek Ah Yeon...this girl has me recording songs all night! i loved her Haru Haru version and her voice is really amazing!

I liked her version too, even though I don't think she was at her best in her singing. I've been listening to this on repeat.

+++

does anyone know where I can watch SBS live for Kpop star?

Archived