[Variety] K-Pop Star (K팝 스타)

Guest fanda4000

Guest kimmyrout

Can't believe netizens are criticizing JYP's critique of Baek Ah Yeon. JYP is easily the best teacher of the three judges. This practice clip is so interesting to watch because JYP just finds weaknesses in his singers.

미공개 JYP의 백지웅 1대1 개인레슨

I'm also going to guess that Lee Hayi beat Park Jimin next week just because Hayi was trained by JYP for her performance. :sweatingbullets:

I completely agree. I'd put more stock in JYP's advice than Yang Hyun-suk's or BoA's. I think he's the most legitimate "judge" out of the three - he's a singer-songwriter/producer who's been in the industry for almost 20 years. Yang Hyun-suk is a close second - yes, he's JYP's 선배 by 3 or so yrs but I feel that JYP has more street cred as an artist. YG is very successful as a producer though and you can see that he genuinely cares about the contestants.

BoA....I've been seeing a lot of praise for her rational criticism but I still think she's too young to be in the position of judging others. Maybe there's no such thing as age when it comes to something as fluid as the entertainment business but there is something to be said for life experience. Plus, I don't find her critiques enlightening or significant.

I'm also shocked this thread is so empty. It's doing so well in the ratings and there's always current news about it so I thought people would be all over this thread. Oh well - I'm more than happy to go on and on about this show because I could gush about it forever! :lol:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest agnexiah

finally i found this thread! :D

i love kpop star and my favorite is SuPearls omo omo just like BoA, i'm their fan!

other than that i like

Lee Hai, baek ah yeon..actually i like cathy young too. but she can't make it :(

i want to download ep. 11 but i dont now how to download by torrent :( someone enlighten me please~

I completely agree. I'd put more stock in JYP's advice than Yang Hyun-suk's or BoA's. I think he's the most legitimate "judge" out of the three - he's a singer-songwriter/producer who's been in the industry for almost 20 years. Yang Hyun-suk is a close second - yes, he's JYP's 선배 by 3 or so yrs but I feel that JYP has more street cred as an artist. YG is very successful as a producer though and you can see that he genuinely cares about the contestants.

BoA....I've been seeing a lot of praise for her rational criticism but I still think she's too young to be in the position of judging others. Maybe there's no such thing as age when it comes to something as fluid as the entertainment business but there is something to be said for life experience. Plus, I don't find her critiques enlightening or significant.

I'm also shocked this thread is so empty. It's doing so well in the ratings and there's always current news about it so I thought people would be all over this thread. Oh well - I'm more than happy to go on and on about this show because I could gush about it forever!  :lol:

I kind of agree with the BoA comment. She's still a bit young, but I don't deny her experience. I've always had so much respect for her (even though her voice wasn't my taste- was always a big fan) because she was such a hard worker. She's had over 10 years of experience so I think that's pretty legit as a singer/performer especially her age.

I wish the episodes were longer, no???? I'm sad that I only see like 4 performances -____-;;;

where do guys watch with eng sub?

can't wait to watch ha yi, ji min, seung hoon and suh hwan performances. they are my favorites.

i'm rooting for lee ha yi. ji min is a very good singer, but ha yi's voice is very unique and i looove her personality :D

Guest Lil.Miss.A

Just finished ep 9, I think it's a shame that Park Jimin got casted to SM.

I still got this image of SM that puts appearance first, and I can't say I have big trust in BoA as a mentor (compared to YG and JYP).

The way she makes that comment after successfully casting her makes it seem like she's only casting her to get back on YG/JYP for taking the "good" ones.

I hope she trains her well because this girl got huge potential to be a real star.

Guest omgshinshin

^ I knew it :)

Sometimes, amazing people are amazing because you're seeing them individually. But when you put them against other amazing people, that's when you really see things differently.

Guest b229b24k

for anyone who understand, what did jyp said to seung hoon(?)

the one who did rap

i'm dying to understand jyp's judging for him

btw what does his hand gesture mean near the end of im the best perf?

thanks!

Guest puddingkancho

you know the funny thing about this all is that

we all say that JYP is probably the judge with most substantial feedback etc etc

but when we actually look at the artists from the 3 companies.. it makes me question. 

JYP artists have good singers but they also have some very bad ones who get lead parts etc and it just makes me wonder why on earth Jyp still uses them

ie. chansung/nichkhun, horrible rappers (except yubin), sohee getting lots of lead parts when she's obviously just not great at singing, Joo.. etc

Guest kimmyrout

Wow, today's episode was amazing, as usual!

I'll keep it short and sweet - 이하이's voice is seriously UNREAL. I think my mouth was open the entire time I was watching/listening to her sing.

Can't wait for next week - the preview is freaking me out. Why are people crying?! Nooooooooo :crazy:

Wow...interesting how everything went down.

Interesting that of all the Su Pearls, Jung Mi makes it in the top 10 while Ji Min and Michelle have to battle it out one last time.

I still expect Ji Min and Michelle to be top contenders in the finals, but it's an insane upset how these two are second place. I agree, though, that Ha Yi knocked it out of the park.

As one of the judges called it, Jung Mi really is the "heroine" of the kpop star show. Talent is important, but you really have to want it despite the odds. I really was happy to see how much she shone in this episode. I didn't much care for her before, but I do now.

Guest omgshinshin

@aeka same here. that's what i thought too.

Well, on the topic of producers, it's cleared up pretty well when JYP said he looks for people with foundation while YG looks for people who are unique.

So translation -

JYP = technique

YG = heart

SM... uh, SM's really weird cause they have amazing vocalists and then some really mediocre people. I guess all their idols are great at variety shows? idk.

Anyways, the people who trained in YG were really great in this round! Those in JYP were also good. And it's a little bit sad that those in SM all somehow got 2nd place or were eliminated.

Also, would just like to comment that all my bets from the start got into the Top 10 already. Well, except Nayoon. She did great this time though. The confidence on stage helped her a whole deal. Instead of trying to be good on something she is totally bad, she played up to her strengths. Great training in YG, I guess! Not really a fan of her voice but people should just stop being a-holes and admit she deserved that spot.

Guest Lil.Miss.A

aww... poor Jimin... but from all this I'm sure she will come back strong.

like one of the judges said (forgot who) you need to experience some pain? (difficulties?) so feel happiness. I really hope she'll make it to the end.

but Lee Hayi wooww... I kinda already felt it when she was training in the trailer on prev ep, her voice really match the song.

it feels like YG is talking more on this ep more than ever.. lol

I loved how he gave those words of encouragement to Park JeongEun.. it must've been nerve wrecking to be in the same group with Jimin and Hayi, and she was still under-prepared for her performance. Though the result was going to be obvious, it was touching to see YG comforting her.

Guest GrassIsForCows

Loving all three judges as they all bring something different to the show! It's obvious that all three judges cherish the contestants. It's great to see that they all have the right balance of stern and affection! <3

BoA's handling her own A LOT better than I thought. Yes, we all know she ain't a producer like JYP/YG, but I think a lot of people are forgetting that one of the reasons she was recruited to be a judge is based on the fact that she was the first pioneer of sorts for K-Pop internationally. She's got possibly THE EXPERIENCE of all experiences working long hours, training, practicing, whathaveyou. I think some people are not giving her enough credit. The times she made the stinging comments about young contestants not dancing to things their age, lack of professionalism, etc. These are all things she had to deal with as well. She wasn't part of a group either where she had fellow members to hold her hand or rub her shoulder in sympathy. I think she has great enough credibility to be a judge, and she's doing well.

I know it probably should've been obvious, but I didn't realize that JYP/YG were so different in terms of what they looked for. I agree with omgshinshin that JYP looks more in terms of technique and YG more in terms of heart. It's great to see the differing opinions as well. Great for the show and great for the contestants! *thumbs up*

So happy BOTH SeungHoon & JaeHyuk got 2nd place chances to redeem themselves! Would've been heartbroken had one or the other had to go home although it will probably happen sooner or later. And I absolutely adored Lee JungMi's performance!! She was my favorite this week. Kim NaYoon was another pleasant surprise, and HaYi is... Well, we all know she's awesome.

:)

Guest omgshinshin

I said this last week...

As for YG's lineup, the only person I don't like in that lineup is Kim Nayoon. I think she has a great voice, as her Fallin' perf but she just doesn't know how to utilize it. Which is really a shame. So I don't really like her as of now. But for the other ones YG got, I approve. I especially like Lee Sunghoon, Kim Woosung and Lee Gunwoo.

And I take it back. I know I should have trusted YG's decision when he casted her. When YG took her I was like, "Nooooooooooo....." but wow, YG really did something great that he was able to turn her back around like that.

So from the people that I like, Woosung got eliminated already, Sunghoon got 2nd, Gunwoo still hasn't performed. And from JYP, Lee Hayi got in! So far, all my bets are in :)

Anyways, the amount of hate for Nayoon is just wow. People on Youtube were particularly harsh and even those on the article at AKP were really just too much.

I also want to comment on how they put Park Jung Eun against Hayi and Jimin. Seriously, producers? Is that your subtle way of kicking her off? It seems like they put those who they want to get eliminated against good people. But it didn't work in some of the groups, haha.

Guest zoddguts

K-Pop Star TV ratings went up again. Latest ep got 17.3% beating Running Man's 16.7% latest ep. K-Pop Star did quite well considering it was against 1n2d last ep which got 25.2% . It's going to be interesting how high the ratings go since now 1n2d is done.

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/02/sbss-k-pop-star-beats-running-man-in-tv-ratings

Archived