[THE OFFICIAL] EXO 엑소 THREAD ll #weareoneEXO

AlexandraReid

EXO SEHUN & CHANYEOL - "Even if you hear 1 BillionViews a billion times, you won't get sick of it"

Q1. How do you feel about releasing a full length album a year after your 1st mini album?
Sehun: We worked as hard as how much fans have been waiting for us. It'll be nice if many ppl can relate to and love this album since we worked really hard on it. 

Q2. What kind of song is 1 Billion Views ?
Chanyeol: It's a retro/disco/hiphop song & compares how much we miss the other part to 1 billion views. Recently, there's been a large variety contents on the internet eg. ASMR, 4K HD fancam, webdrama etc., so we've included into the lyrics. There are terms that fans are familiar with so it'll be nice if you could use this as a reference point while listening to it. 

Q3. Describe "1 Billion Views" with 10 words (in korean)!
Chanyeol: Let's listen to #1BillionViews #10억뷰 a billion times!
Sehun: Even if you listen to it a billion times you won't be sick of it (laughs) 

Q4. There are 3 songs which you wrote yourself this album. How was it like to work on them? Where did you get your inspirations from?
Sehun: In order to write the lyrics, I looked back in the past starting from my childhood. Tough times, happy times etc as well as past experiences all came to mind. I think it was a happy time to look back at myself, running busily. 
Chanyeol: For me, I usually get the most inspiration during quiet nights. Seems like I work on music best in the middle of the night.

Q5. (On the surprise release of Telephone)
Chanyeol: We wanted to give a surprise to our fans who have been waiting for our comeback. We usually like giving spoilers as well, so we wanted to do sth unusual, yet is as refreshing like our style. That's how we came up with this promotion. We used the 노빠꾸 (no going back) concept to give a spoiler of Telephone during the live broadcast,then said that we wanted it to be released officially. So when it was released the fans were all pleasantly surprised & it was fun for us too.

Q6. (On their solo songs)
Sehun: Nothin has a really comfortable beat completed with addictive lyrics, so pls listen to it many times.
Chanyeol: Sehunnie's song ON ME is a song that expresses himself. The track mv has his cool performance so it's even better to watch the perf tgt w the song.

Q7. (On working with Gaeko)
Sehun: He's our country's best rapper & producer, so it was easy for us to decide to work w him again. We learnt alot from him musically as well as abt life, so he's a really good hyung.
Chanyeol: Gaeko matches really well w us (laughs). Also in this album 10cm, Penomeco, MOON etc all participated and we're really thankful towards them. In future if there's a chance we'll like to work with POST MALONE as well. 

Q8. A goal that you want to fulfil for this album?
Sehun: Rather than a grand goal, it'll be nice if even more people liked this album compared to our previous one.

Q9. Say something to each other
Sehun: Hyung, let's continue like this to the end!
Chanyeol: Sehun ah, thank you for doing this again in 2020. I'm really glad to be able to work on music happily with you! 

EXO-SC SEHUN & CHANYEOL The 1st Album [‘1 Billion Views’]

Listen to different platforms

1 Billion Views

Say It

Rodeo Station 

Telephone
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSExjFeKVck
Jet Lag
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n0G7Q9I29yw
Fly Away
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2I2MUxrDzk8
Nothin'
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i6JBb9zppcA
On Me
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=emNW9gqA6jo
1 billion views instrumental 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ikAPg8Rep7k

EXO-SC Reveals 1st Place Promise, Introduces “1 Billion Views” Challenge, And More

EXO-SC has officially made their comeback with their first full album “1 Billion Views”!

On July 13, the album was released along with a music video for the title track of the same name. On the same day, the unit’s members Sehun and Chanyeol celebrated their album release through a live broadcast on Naver’s V Live.

Sehun explained his feelings leading up to the release of the album, saying, “I’m really looking forward to it. I’m excited. I’m curious about just how many people will like it.” Chanyeol said, “Unlike our previous release, since this is a full length album I’m curious about what’s going to happen.”

Leading up to the release, Sehun and Chanyeol teased fans by pre-releasing other tracks from the album, including “Telephone” as well as their solo tracks “On Me” and “Nothin‘.” Sehun revealed, “I called up the heads of music streaming websites and introduced ‘Telephone’ to them by myself. Our company didn’t do it.” Chanyeol added, “The response was really enthusiastic.”

Since dance challenges have been popular recently, Sehun and Chanyeol expressed their desire for their fans to try a challenge with their new song as well. Sehun commented, “Although there’s simple choreography you could do, we did something you can follow along with using your cell phone.”

Chanyeol elaborated, saying, “Although it would be fun to include dancing in the challenge, using your cell phone is something that anyone can do. It’s just a bit challenging, so it will be fun. We’re making a video for it, so we want fans to copy that and show us. It’s also in the music video.”

The duo also shared their thoughts on their own solo tracks. About “Nothin’,” Chanyeol shared, “When you listen to it, I hope you will think ‘Ah, so that’s what he was feeling at that time.’ On my playlist, it’s still the song that I listen to the most. It’s the song I like most on the album. I hope it does well.”

Sehun talked about “On Me,” saying, “I put my own story into the lyrics. Since I received the opportunity to do a solo track, I wanted to try expressing myself just as I am. I worried a lot while making the track. Although every track was an enormous task to make, I think I worried more about it since it was a solo track. I bothered a lot of people about it. Everyone worked hard on it.”

At the end of the broadcast, Sehun and Chanyeol revealed that if they won first place, they would go bungee jumping. Chanyeol admitted, “Although I thought I would be confident about going bungee jumping, I don’t think I’ll want to do it twice.” Sehun promised, “I really don’t think I can do it, but if we get first place I’ll film myself bungee jumping.”

200714 Chanyeol Instagram Live 

'Amazing Duo' #SEHUN & #CHANYEOL 
The 1st Album reigns the global chart!
Recording no.1 on iTunes in 50 international regions!
Recorded 'Platinum Album',in the shortest time among Korean group albums this year,on China's QQ Music!
Translated by L1485ZYX