[THE OFFICIAL] EXO 엑소 THREAD ll #weareoneEXO

AlexandraReid

EXO’s Suho Performs “Let’s Love,” Shares His Dream, And More On “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook”

EXO’s Suho appeared as a guest on “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” to talk about his first-ever solo mini album, “Self-Portrait”!

On the April 17 episode of “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook,” Suho sang the title track “Let’s Love” off his mini album as well as a cover of NELL’s “Vain Hope.” He shared the meaning of his song, saying, “‘Let’s Love’ is EXO’s team slogan. The song also holds the meaning that although we all have scars, we should still love.”

He added, “I think it took me a year to prepare the album. Last year, I went to Paris and was inspired by Vincent van Gogh’s self-portrait. Since it’s my solo album, I wanted to share my personal story.”

Suho, who participated in the composition of his album explained, “I regularly write down a lot of notes. I derive a lot from those and it becomes like a mind map.”

When asked what note he wrote down most recently, Suho replied, “I wrote a note about display windows. There are many luxury stores outside of our company so I see a lot of display windows. I thought about how what we see on the outside is different from what we would see from the inside.”

He continued, “It’s similar to the life I live as celebrity Suho. If you look at it as a story of a couple, it’s a story about a man who has never been honest, but who approaches a girl with his true feelings for the first time.” Inspired by the idea, Yoo Hee Yeol made an impromptu song with Suho.

Yoo Hee Yeol mentioned that Suho has spent half his life as a singer. Suho commented, “Beginning in my third year of middle school, I was a trainee for around six and a half years. I am so happy to have debuted as a part of EXO and to have met EXO-L (EXO’s fandom). I think my career as a singer has just melded into my life now. Instead of thinking of myself as a special person, I think I am a person with a special job. I want to become an artist who earnestly sings and acts.”

When talking about his musical debut, Suho shared, “I did the musical ‘The Man Who Laughs.’ In university, I majored in acting. It was a production that made me happy. I got to sing, act, dance, and meet my fans. I was so happy.” He even sang a bit of the song “Open Your Eyes,” earning praise from Yoo Hee Yeol.

Yoo Hee Yeol also asked Suho, “What’s the dream of Kim Jun Myeon (Suho’s birth name)?” Suho answered, “I want to become a role model. Recently, director Bong Joon Ho won a big award with ‘Parasite’ at a foreign awards show. That performance will allow another person to dream a dream. I want to become that kind of person too.”

yesung1106 Instagram Story Update with SEHUN and SUHO

EV3DoMNU4AAM_oK?format=jpg&name=large

hobass Instagram Update with SUHO

EV3KVcAU8AIn2Nj?format=jpg&name=medium

April Individual Idol Boy Group Brand Reputation Rankings:

2. SUHO   
3. BAEKHYUN 
15. SEHUN
18. CHANYEOL 
37. CHEN
42. KAI
44. D.O. 
55. XIUMIN   
61. LAY 

Suho: "I want to show the type of Music I want to do. I feel that I have become 1 with EXO Members. Just by looking at their Eyes, I'm able to know the reason behind their Actions or Expressions. During Promotions, reading the Sincere Comments by Fans makes me Happy"

Baekhyun: "Everyone can look forward to it" 

EWBKeouUYAEG98K?format=jpg&name=large

Suho Talks About EXO Being "One," Reading Messages From Fans, And More

EXO’s Suho has graced the cover of the May issue of Allure Korea!

The concept of the photo shoot is “Me, myself, and I,” bringing out Suho’s many sides using different accessories and props.

At the interview, Suho talked about his solo debut album “Self-Portrait,” sharing, “This time, I wasn’t trying to show my [skills] as a vocalist. Instead, I wanted to show the type of music I wanted to make. When my song topped music charts, I thought, ‘My sincerity must have reached everyone, since many people, not only my fans, are listening to the song.'”

Suho also explained how he feels about his fellow EXO members. He said, “It’s like the EXO members and I have become one. Now, I think that just by looking at their eyes, I’m able to tell why they’re doing something or making a certain facial expression.”

Asked what makes him feel happy these days, he shared that he felt joy reading heartfelt messages from fans while promoting.