What girls think of inexperienced guys

Guest converted

Guest mrskwonahn

I guess it depends on the kind of experience! :P I'm 18 and I won't go past making out so I won't mind guys if it's their first relationship or etc. Lets say in my early twenties I'm okay with the next step and if it's the guys first time too I won't mind. But in my mid twenties if I reach a stage where I'll be okay with having s** a month or two into a relationship and I find out that he's a virgin .. I would probably be awkward. Lol. I wish that won't happen to me but incase it does I'll just have to go on with it since I would like his personality and looks and hopefully he's a fast learner :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reading through the comments on the What guys think of inexperienced girls thread, when I remembered a friend of mine (who's a guy) asking me last Saturday, how girls thought of inexperienced guys.

He's almost 18 (which is the age you become an adult here in Australia) and as he's never had a girlfriend  nor even kissed a girl before. He admits it used to be on his mind a couple of years back, but he's never found a girl who makes him really want to go after her. I mean, he doesn't deny that he's had crushes before, but he's never had that head over heels kind of feeling. On top of that our  high school had a more academically focused demographic, with most of the kids there putting relationships on the back burner. However, he's thinking about these things a little more now since we're going to uni and he knows he'll meet a lot of new people (read: girls, lol) and there's a good chance one of them might catch his eye.

I couldn't answer him at the time, since I genuinely had no idea, but now I'm curious... How would you girls react or think of a guy (who's already in their late teens or perhaps even early 20s) if you found out he's inexperienced? If you could perhaps give a general all round answer, as well as an answer for my friend's specific situation, that would be great.

Edit: Regarding inexperience, would looks also matter? I have another friend who's apparently really hot (I have no idea how to tell, I don't rate guys often :sweatingbullets: ) but he's also never even kissed a girl nor had a girlfriend, and he's 17. He's got a pretty awesome personality, he's quite-ish and a lot of the girls in my grade, and other grades think he's cute and want to go out with him. I know this for a fact since I'm always getting bombarded with questions about him by said girls <_<

I'll tell you what my first experience was like. The first time I told my girlfriend that I was a virgin she totally freaked out. She was used to bad boys, ladies man type. After that nothing went right and everything went downhill. It's all part of the sexist double standards society holds. If a woman's a virgin, it's the Holy Grail. If a man's a virgin, it's a disease to free his body of.  Guys ,if you're a virgin, better keep your mouth shut while you're banging her.

^ I think being a virgin is admirable. As long as they had relationships and had the opportunity to do it in the past but chose to stick it out. It is a turn off if they just can't get anyone interested and that's why they're one. :sweatingbullets: Sucks for you though. Are you sure if was cos of that? What did she do and say?

Guest hippiehop

Do you mean... inexperienced in bed? Or inexperienced in relationships?

Because either way, I would be hesitant. Most people don't start out being the perfect boyfriend or lover... it takes time, heartache, loss, any many other things to become the person someone else wants to be with (for the majority).

Let's just say... I'm way too old to be dealing with teaching someone how to be in a relationship.

Do you mean... inexperienced in bed? Or inexperienced in relationships?

Because either way, I would be hesitant. Most people don't start out being the perfect boyfriend or lover... it takes time, heartache, loss, any many other things to become the person someone else wants to be with (for the majority).

Let's just say... I'm way too old to be dealing with teaching someone how to be in a relationship.

If the guy was inexperienced and he was as hot as TOP I'd take him. I'd have all the patience in the world. Lol jk

I think I'd just want a guy who is committed disregarding if he's new to relationships or in bed.

I didn't have my first serious relationship until I was 20. My ex always used to complain that it was such a pain to teach me, from physical things like kissing (oh god I was such a bad kisser), to how to react to things like PMS outbursts. I didn't really appreciate how hard it was for her until I started dating a very inexperienced girl last year. Playing the teacher role is not fun. I wouldn't do it again unless it was a girl I was REALLY struck by.

I feel sorry for guys my age (mid-20s) who're still stuck in that phase. I kinda reached the outer-fringes of that "errrrr, I have to teach you?" zone. You get to this point where it really drags on your general sense of self-worth. Thankfully I've broken out that and swung pretty healthily the other way (not too much so, I hope).

I can't remember what exactly Steve Carell said in The 40 Year Old Virgin but basically I think he said something about it being more "difficult" as you get older.

It's hard to explain so let's just visualize this:

20070926klpmatfnc_81_Ges_SCO.png

just focus on quadrant I and let the x-axis be your age and the y-axis be your chances of getting in a relationship (and/or laid)

EDIT: on 2nd thought, the 3rd quadrant works as well, lol

Archived