K-Town in Europe?

Guest JLM

I'm going to be traveling around Europe for a little over a month very soon and was wondering if there are any K-Towns in Europe (in particular, western Europe)? It would be great to have some Korean food every now and then and I would like to meet new people as well.

Additionally, any tips as to what places are great spots to hang out at and what are some cheap, affordable things to do and eat? I would really appreciate any advice or tips. Thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I can only speak for The Netherlands and then the answer is no but we do have a few Korean restaurants, a Chinatown and various Asian Supermarkets/tiny shops where you can buy Asian stuff all over the country. Most of them are for Chinese, Thai and Japanese. Though the Asian supermarket here sells stuff like instant ramyun with kimchi and some other Korean products, not much but it's there. I think you have more luck in Amsterdam though. Just ask around or go to the tourist info for help :)

If you decide to go to the Netherlands you better switch to Chinese, Japanese, Thai etc.. we have almost every kind of Asian restaurant but not so much Korean.

In some places in Europe you have a Wagamama like in the UK, cheap yummy Asian food you should try that out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mylucky-7

In the UK - if you're around London I would recommend New Malden area - but you do have to take the overground there. Many Koreans reside here and so a lot of local eateries cater for their taste. However, for something a bit more central if you're actually in central London, I'd suggest visiting the Tottenham court road area (tube station on central line), around centre point you''ll find a number of korean shops/small restaurants. Also a few more if you head a bit further down Soho and Chinatown 

Archived