What meal would you order on the first date?

HOSHIKO--

Hey Soompiers! Just out of curiosity, are you guys hesitant when ordering certain meals on the first date? My friend and I had a discussion about this, and I admitted that I would order a soup or salad as my meal. That's because I don't want to look like such a pig in front of my date LOL I would rather look neat and tidy when I'm eating in front of him, haha. Oh, and I don't want to be a butt-head and get the most expensive meal on the menu too.

So yeah, I'm just wondering what you guys would do?

I would get whatever I want to eat as long as it's not super expensive. I don't want to look like I am pretending to be not hungry by eating something that won't fill me up. 

Guest HavenInMuse

I'd get something I like. But I always make sure its something I can eat neatly...I usually don't order burgers on first dates..It gets messy and the insides squish out.

Guest HERMIT

Well, when I take a girl out on a date, I always make sure that it's to someplace where I could really afford anything she might possibly want.

With that said, I always try to encourage and reassure her to order to her heart's content and not feel self-conscious on account of cost or appearance.

But as for what I order on my dates, I get the Double Whopper w/cheese combo meal, upgraded to large, with onion rings substituted for the fries.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I thought guys hated girls ordering salad? Makes them kinda roll their eyes inside cos it shows you're not comfortable being yourself. Just order what you want. Don't go overboard and like order two entrees and mains, but salad? Lol

Seriously. I went to a buffet with some friends once, and I got a TON of food because dammit I wanted my money's worth. A guy friend, upon seeing this, told me "I love a woman with a good appetite." If I were on a date I obviously wouldn't pig out quite as much, but guys don't want to watch girls pick at a salad for dinner either.

I pretty much order what I want unless it will make my breath smell very bad. Just one, regular sized entree is best.

Guest HERMIT

I thought guys hated girls ordering salad? Makes them kinda roll their eyes inside cos it shows you're not comfortable being yourself. Just order what you want. Don't go overboard and like order two entrees and mains, but salad? Lol

Yeah, I agree - I don't get it with girls and a salad.  When you do that, you really aren't fooling anyone.

I even met a gal who went so far as to presume that I was going to have salad too, because she was like already offering to toss my salad for me.

I couldn't help but laugh at her because I had only just showed up at her door and we weren't even at the restaurant yet.

Guest hishari

I order whatever the heck I want.

I've been told, "wow, you're going to order that ginormous steak? Can you even finish it?"

30 minutes later, "can't believe you ate all that. That's hot."

Within my circle of friends, we all appreciate a girl who can chow down and isn't afraid to show it. Don't think too much about what you should and shouldn't eat when you're around a guy. Order whatever you feel like eating, be it a giant steak, bowl of pasta, or large size of this or that. We're much more comfortable when you guys aren't holding back during grub time ;)

Guest chloe_addict

I order what I normally want to eat at that restaurant. Because I don't want to waste my time (or his) by pretending to be someone I'm not and then later break up further down the road when our true colors come out. Time is of the essence here!

I... actually really like most salads. Just saying. <_____<

As already mentioned, I eat whatever I want as long as it can be eaten neatly. A guy took me out to a ribs place as a first date once. Food was good, but sauce was everywhere.

Guest hippocampus

LOl. you guys  got it all wrong. Guys DON"T LIKE girls that can eat.

I rather have a girl who doesn't eat as much .... on my dime!  Sure, order the salad and act like your full. And I'll pretend I didn't hear your stomach growling throughout the date. And when you go home, you can stuff your face and smile.

But normally I order something pricey on the menu. That way my date can choose whatever she wants to eat without feeling guilty of the price. Imagine the conundrum of the girl, if I ordered salad for myself.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Hands downs... sushi sounds pretty good if you guys both like raw fish. It's light, filling, and won't leave you feeling super full or bloated.

But... but... people actually enjoy salads. I know I like salad (with grilled chicken and some toppings of course). It's ironic that you guys say that men generally like a woman with a good appetite or can eat insanely a lot -- but these men do tend to stray again from heavier women.

Eh. Eating a hearty meal doesn't mean you're heavier. Eating well does not mean over-eating.

Guest dolcedor.

Salads aren't necessarily healthy. In fact, many of the salads offered in restaurants have more calories than steak/fries. :phew:

That said, I order what I'd normally eat--usually some sort of meat dish.

Guest Joolea

Honestly, I would eat to my heart's content. That is unless he is paying for it because then I would feel guilty. 

Because if I were to go on a date with a guy, he should already know the basics about me. And one of those basics is that I love my food. 

But ironically, I love my salad too. So I guess it's what I feel like eating at that moment :)

Archived