My face gets super red, super easily.

Admin

I have this problem where my face gets flushed with redness way too easily. If I'm embarrassed or laughing, it'd turn red, but sometimes when I'm not embarrassed and just sitting there, it'd also get red. When it's hot, my face gets red. When I laugh at a little joke, it starts turning red. It just... gets red sooooo easily! There are so many more things that trigger it.

I usually don't notice it at all until people point it out. And when they do, it makes me feel embarrassed which makes it even MORE red.

Does anyone else have this problem or what is a way to solve it?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sweetfantasy09

this is all about sensitivity.. i don't think there is anything that you can do about it. during high school, i have a friend who has the same problem as you.. however she also has very sensitive skin.. acne prone skin. however, i think the main reason behind it is sensitivity... i don't know but usually ppl who have sensitive skin type has this problem. are you?

Guest onceuponarachel

This happens to me too! Whenever I exercise too, my whole face turns deep red. I was thinking it might have something to do with my body's circulation. Do you also find that you gain weight in your face more/faster than other places? :x

Guest heartsontree

Oh gawd, you are embarrassed about your red face ? Girl, people pay for make up blushes to make their cheeks blush. Don't be embarass about your natural glow :)

Guest xDollars

I have the exact same problem. D:

My face turns super red if I exercise, laugh too much, when it's hot out, or when I'm embarrassed.

I hate when my friends point it out too. -____- They find it hilarious as I sit there and turn redder, lol.

I don't think there's anything you can do about it though, unfortunately. :/

Guest Leopoldine

Oh gawd, you are embarrassed about your red face ? Girl, people pay for make up blushes to make their cheeks blush. Don't be embarass about your natural glow :)

I think it's not just her cheeks but her whole face that gets red like a tomato. Happens to me too since I've got sensitive skin and it's not as pretty as cheeks with make-up blushes unfortunately -_-

Guest sindee

omg i have the same problem as you :( my face also gets red super easily. Sigh, people always assume that I'm shy or embarrassed because my face is red <_< I'm getting tired of explaining.

Guest Banana Peel

saaaaame here -_-. I can never fully work out at the school gym because I'm afraid my face is going to be a tomato by the time I'm done. Idk, it's embarrassing when my face is super red when everyone else's face is normally colored after a workout.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xjunghee

OMG! i am not the only one with this problem?! thank goodness~

but yeah, i feel you guys. i turn red SUPER easily and people never fail to make fun of it.

and even though i'd like to get rid of it, i don't know if it is something you can get rid of...

Guest hellokatie1618

I blush easily and my face has a nice flush during and after a workout and I don't mind. I used to hate it but at least it shows I'm working hard lol. Think it is quite a endearing trait, and people never really ask me about it. People must scrutinize a lot of you guys then lol. I don't think it takes away from your beauty or handsomeness. These observations about your face sounds like something an Asian parent would criticize lol.

Guest moomoocows

I have the same exact problem. I was always a shy kid when I was younger. And I started to notice that I blush so easily back in high school. The more aware I was about it, the more red I got. I hated it! I blushed all the time, whether it was hot/cold, after a workout, embarrassed, or sometimes I don't even know it's happening until someone points it out. When I am embarrassed, I can feel my body warm up too and sweat. It happened whenever I had to give presentations in class.

Now that I am bit older, I am not as shy so I blush less. I still am fearful of things sometimes, so I still turn red. However, I try to embrace it and try not to remember it. The less you acknowledge it, the less it happens. I promise. My coworkers sometimes say things that would make me blush naturally without me knowing. They still point it out. And I just laugh it off.

So truthfully there isn't much of cure besides how you react psychologically.

What's worse is that I also have the asian glow. That's another story. (And if anyone know a cure beside pepcid ac, let me know. I'm desperate.)

Guest Johnparkers

i think you have an oily skin or may be hormonal imbalance is the reason. Go for veggie diet for a month and drink plenty of water with it.

My face turns red and I don't notice it. It's quite embarrassing sometimes because it's a dead giveaway that I'm nervous, stressed or simply tired.

IDK what to do about it so most of the time when I feel the heat all over my face I just ignore it.

:wub: <-- that's me without the hearts coming off the top of my head. ALL THE TIME.

It's called rosacea, girls. And I also have it.

Yeah, back in high school my face was really really red and I went to a dermatologist suspecting that I might be suffering from rosacea.

But when the doc examined me, he told me I just had hella zits dude. 

Those exact words.

Guest Psyduck

I have the same problem and it's sooo much worse when I work out too. When I exercise and cool down, I stay red for like an extra 1-3 hours after. I don't like using my school's gym for that reason because sometimes I get stared at.. but I kind of got use to it. I look like a little tomato ):

Guest rachilde

Triggers that cause episodes of flushing and blushing play a part in the development of rosacea. Exposure to temperature extremes can cause the face to become flushed as well as strenuous exercise, heat from sunlight, severe sunburn, stress, anxiety, cold wind, and moving to a warm or hot environment from a cold one such as heated shops and offices during the winter. There are also some food and drinks that can trigger flushing, including alcohol, food and beverages containing caffeine (especially, hot tea and coffee), foods high in histamines and spicy food. Foods high in histamine (red wine, aged cheeses, yogurt, beer, cured pork products such as bacon, etc.) can even cause persistent facial flushing in those individuals without rosacea due to a separate condition, histamine intolerance.

Certain medications and topical irritants can quickly trigger rosacea. Some acne and wrinkle treatments that have been reported to cause rosacea include microdermabrasion and chemical peels, as well as high dosages of isotretinoin, benzoyl peroxide, and tretinoin. Steroid induced rosacea is the term given to rosacea caused by the use of topical or nasal steroids. These steroids are often prescribed for seborrheic dermatitis. Dosage should be slowly decreased and not immediately stopped to avoid a flare up.

A survey by the National Rosacea Society of 1,066 rosacea patients showed which factors affect the most people:

Sun exposure 81%

Emotional stress 79%

Hot weather 75%

Wind 57%

Heavy exercise 56%

Alcohol consumption 52%

Hot baths 51%

Cold weather 46%

Spicy foods 45%

Humidity 44%

Indoor heat 41%

Certain skin-care products 41%

Heated beverages 36%

Certain cosmetics 27%

Medications (specifically stimulants) 15%

Medical conditions 15%

Certain fruits 13%

Marinated meats 10%

Certain vegetables 9%

Dairy products 8%

Basically, if you can get red about practically nothing, then you may have rosacea. Some people have more or less severe rosacea, and it's more noticeable on pale individuals. Very severe rosacea will result in skin that looks almost sunburned in color while light rosacea will look like a light blush. There are no cures for rosacea, only treatments to manage the effects. Many people cover it up with makeup.

People who have rosacea: Dita Von Tesse, Mariah Carey, Bill Clinton.

Facial-redness-cropped.jpg

rosacea%20jpg.jpg

• 9 months later...
Guest royneelkumar

onceuponarachel said: This happens to me too! Whenever I exercise too, my whole face turns deep red. I was thinking it might have something to do with my body's circulation. Do you also find that you gain weight in your face more/faster than other places? :x

Archived