Asian Entertainment Company Directory

Guest ohdangchang

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so happy I found this forum! 
OK, so does anyone know if Avex allows people outside of Japan to audition? I was looking on the site, but there was not much info about an international audition. I know Sony Music Japan has an international audition that is ongoing, so you can audition whenever, but I was looking at other companies too.Also, I'm almost fluent in Japanese and fluent in English, but I also want to try out at Korean company. Would I be unable to try out until I know basic Korean or do you think they would be fine with me knowing Japanese and English?And could someone translate Woollim's audition stuff? http://woolliment.com/audition/audition.wol I'm guessing I can do an audition through e-mail, but what info do they want?
Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest asuka1430291743

That's a huge list you compiled.  o:  Awesome!  But could someone break it down for me which companies are taking international people, of different races and are willing to teach English?  I highly doubt all of the companies here are willing to do that an a great majority of these auditions are only directed to people of South Korean descent.

Guest EverydayImKpopping

In terms of non-Asians, I would think the bigger Korean companies are more willing to take them, because they are trying to make K-pop a bigger thing around the world. But for companies like Taiwan, they mostly pick people of Taiwan descent, because the industry is small. I live in Taiwan and the most international singers here have ever gotten is half-taiwanese half-caucasian. :) But I've heard that being half-Asian is much less discriminated in Japan and Taiwan compared to Korea....but Korea has been opening up these years~

Guest asuka1430291743

@everydayimkpopping I guess I'm limited to bigger companies then? Sigh... And even then some of the bigger guys might not be going international. Well at least I'm part Asian... I sure hope that's a good thing. And thanks for responding, it did help. C:

Guest EverydayImKpopping

asuka said: @everydayimkpopping I guess I'm limited to bigger companies then? Sigh... And even then some of the bigger guys might not be going international. Well at least I'm part Asian... I sure hope that's a good thing. And thanks for responding, it did help. C:

Guest asuka1430291743

@everydayimkpopping Part Japanese, actually. ^^ Lol, yeah, I hope they plan to go international in regards to race as well. I don't know if this is true but someone did tell me they were paying more attention to people of mixed backgrounds.

Guest EverydayImKpopping

asuka said: @everydayimkpopping Part Japanese, actually. ^^ Lol, yeah, I hope they plan to go international in regards to race as well. I don't know if this is true but someone did tell me they were paying more attention to people of mixed backgrounds.

Guest asuka1430291743

@everydayimkpopping To be honest, I wanna audition for any company that holds auditions here. Which includes SM. C: Unfortunately I don't live in the states, I'm in Canada and I go to the Vancouver auditions. May I ask which city you auditioned in? :3

Guest EverydayImKpopping

asuka

said:

@everydayimkpopping

To be honest, I wanna audition for any company that holds auditions here. Which includes SM. C: Unfortunately I don't live in the states, I'm in Canada and I go to the Vancouver auditions. May I ask which city you auditioned in? :3

Guest asuka1430291743

@everydayimkpopping Taiwan? That's so cool! And well, you know, Canada is kind of right next to the US. xD Um, yeah, I have once for the Youth Star auditions. It was alright, I messed up, but that'll help me prepare for the next time. :3 On the bright side the judges were paying attention to me and didn't laugh so I hope all goes well!

Guest EverydayImKpopping

@asuka well, good luck to you! Next time you audition tell me how it goes. I'll always be on soompi,
(I'll make a post about the experience when I go later.)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Haru1430292019

So has anybody here auditioned for Sony Music Japan? Maybe Pony Canyon? I wanna audition for them when I get older and stuff but do all the females that auditon HAVE to sing pop and stuff(I think I worded that strange xD )? Or could it be another genre like visual kei?

Guest Jae Young

Er... Anyone knows whether the Entertainments that have been listed accepts Comedians? Like Auditions for Comedians? If yes, please do e-mail me on how and which entertainments. Thank you! Email:kurohitsuji123@gmail.comP.SI know my e-mail is kinda childish -.-

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried to audition for Woollim before? I was thinking of sending my audition through mail since I don't live in Korea. Also, can you send JYPE your audition through mail? I couldn't do the online audition because my file wouldn't upload :(

It's possible to do an audition by mail. The chances to get accepted are probably higher. But it's also possible that they won't receive your audition (it got lost or sent to the wrong address) And a mailing audition cost money and email is for free.