What does awkwardness between a guy and a girl mean?

Guest jewels005

Guest jewels005

does he like me?
I met this guy in my elective class. We sit together when his friend  skips and we talk and he added me on FB. On the final exam day, i  finished before him and left the room to take the bus in front of the  campus. Then I realized that he was just behind me (although I am sure  that he was still writing when I left..) We sat together on the bus and  had a conversation (What did you get on ur essay? How was ur exam? etc.)  Then, I told him that I was going xmas shopping now that everything is  done. He 'volunteered" to go shopping with me and to return something  despite the fact that he has an exam the next day. He excused himself to  not study because it is a communication course so its all about  writing. He also said that he doesn't mind going shopping with girls and as well as lingerie stores (hahaha!!!:D) The bus ride grew quiet and awkward as we ran out of things to  talk about. He has a really outgoing personality. So, i am thinking  maybe I'm just too boring and I do admit that I'm not as outgoing.  Besides, we don't know each other well enough to have many topics.

It was somewhat awkward when we were walking around the mall because I am not used to  his company. I think he feels that I was uncomfortable being in that  situation so he left to return his things. Although we said that we'll  see each other after doing our own things, we left in separate  directions. I felt terribly sorry for him that I ditched him in the end. I have a feeling that he  might be interested in me but I am not exactly sure. Do you think he  likes me? I am really clueless when it comes to love and relationships. After yesterday, I kept unconsciously thinking about him. Do I like him? help!

-also, although we talk on fb he never asked me for my number <_<

I wouldn't think too much. I mean you guys weren't too familiar with one another to begin with, so that "awkwardness" that settled in earlier doesn't necessarily equal ambiguous love. And besides, it sounds like you guys spoke for the first time on the day of the final exam? If that's so, it's really not uncommon to run out of things to talk about. When I meet people (regardless of guy or girl), we'll run through the basics (like you, with class/exam grades and since I'm in college, major, hometown, etc.) but it'll come to a point of "...." you know?

And I'm not too sure about the ditching him in the end. Haha. But then again I guess you didn't have each other's phone numbers so that's how it happened (how does that work BTW? If I arranged to go to the mall with a new acquaintance, I'd ask for his/her number early on).

Anyways, just KIT on Facebook and just try talking more (you guys are in high school. There's a lot you can talk about). And maybe after a few meetings in person, you'll be able to get a better sense of whether he may really like you or not. Exchange numbers, too.

And just an additional tip for you - I know I said awkwardness doesn't equal ambiguous love, but just keep in mind that in the alternative case, if the guy is really sociable and nice to you...it doesn't necessarily mean he likes you either. I'm not trying to sound like an richard simmons in any way (I'm just really straight forward sometimes) but that's just something to keep in mind, especially once college comes.

From what you've said though, I'm guessing you like him? I can't confirm your own feelings for you, but if you've thinking about him...there's a good idea that you may have feelings for him. No way in telling if he likes you or not, so like I said - get to know him better and try to make a better judgment.

Good luck with this friend and maybe update us on how things turn out.

Just because there are awkward moments shared between two people does not mean that one of them is interested in the other. It is possible when the one with the crush is shy, but that is not always the case. When you do not know someone well and both sides are not the type who will yap away at anything, there will be awkward moments. Awkwardness can still happen between two people who have known each other for awhile, too. If one of them is quiet, it is awkward since the other party feels like they have to initiate all the topics.. OR if both sides are not the talkative type, it will be awkward as they think about what to talk about.

^ Based on my own experiences. There is still awkwardness between some of my guy friends and I, despite the fact that we are not new friends.

I was in that kind of awkward situation with a guy....he insisted on going to a concert with me even though we hardly knew each other and during the concert I kind of ditched him to have fun on my own cause I didn't have much to say (ran out of things to talk about). I wouldn't think too deep into it cause I did and I kind of ended up realising he's just being outgoing and we didn't "click" very well. You'll always meet people like that. ^^"

Archived