Lee Jung-Jae 이정재 [Movie “Hunt” | Upcoming: Star Wars series “The Acolyte” (Disney+)]

Helena

On 12/8/2021 at 12:02 PM, Helena said:

https://variety.com/feature/2022-sag-predictions-tv-cast-ensemble-drama-1235128442/
SAG Predictions: TV Cast Ensemble (Drama) – ‘Succession’ vs. ‘Squid Game’?
…SAG nominations voting begins on Monday, Dec. 6, and will end on Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022. The official SAG Awards nominations will be announced on Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2022, with the ceremony taking place on Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022.

https://variety.com/2022/awards/news/2022-sag-nominations-list-nominees-screen-actors-guild-awards-1235151565/
SAG Nominations: ‘House of Gucci’ and ‘Power of the Dog’ Score Big; ‘Succession’ and ‘Ted Lasso’ Lead TV

By Brent Lang, Jordan Moreau | Jan 12, 2022 6:54am PT

spacer.png
Michael Buckner/Variety

A wild, unpredictable awards season produced a list of Screen Actors Guild Awards nominees on Wednesday that overflowed with snubs, surprises and underdog choices.

Ridley Scott’s “House of Gucci,” a rococo look at wealth, murder and haute couture, and Jane Campion’s “Power of the Dog,” a revisionist Western about toxic masculinity, led all films with three nominations. However, “Power of the Dog,” which has benefited from a big awards push from Netflix, failed to capture a best ensemble nomination. Nominees for that prize, considered to be the most prestigious handed out by the guild, included “House of Gucci,” as well as “Belfast,” “CODA,” “Don’t Look Up” and “King Richard.”

On the television front, “Succession,” a boardroom drama about the family behind a media conglomerate, and “Ted Lasso,” a feel-good soccer comedy, scored a leading five nominations. “Mare of Easttown,” “The Morning Show” and water-cooler phenomenon “Squid Game” each landed four nominations apiece.

The best ensemble in a drama series race will be between “The Handmaid’s Tale,” “The Morning Show,” “Succession,” “Squid Game” and “Yellowstone.” It marks one of the few major awards that “Yellowstone” has been nominated for during its four-season run and comes as the show continues to be an unmatched ratings juggernaut.

“The Kominsky Method,” “Only Murders in the Building” and “Ted Lasso” will face off for the best ensemble in a comedy series prize.

As expected, stars like Will Smith (“King Richard”), Lady Gaga (“House of Gucci”), Olivia Colman (“The Lost Daughter”), Jeremy Strong (“Succession”) and Jennifer Anniston (“The Morning Show”) will wake up on Wednesday to find that they made the cut (if they weren’t brewing coffee already). But several actors who had been widely expected to be nominated were shut out, replaced by performers who had been largely dismissed by the cottage industry of pundits and prognosticators that has sprung up as part of an ever-expanding awards season industrial complex.

Kristen Stewart, considered to be a front runner for her shape-shifting turn as Princess Diana in “Spencer,” failed to earn a nomination, while “King Richard” standout Aunjanue Ellis and “Belfast’s” Jamie Dornan were also snubbed. At the same time, Ruth Negga, who has been largely overlooked for her subtle work in “Passing” by other awards bodies, scored a nomination for best supporting actress, while Bradley Cooper earned a nod for his fiery turn as producer Jon Peters in “Licorice Pizza” — a performance that was heavy on impact, but light on screen time.

And while the television nominations were slightly more predictable, there were a fair share of upsets. Issa Rae failed to earn a nomination for her work in the acclaimed final season of “Insecure,” while “Only Murders in the Building’s” Selena Gomez was overlooked, even as her co-stars Steve Martin and Martin Short were both recognized for their work in the Hulu hit.

In recent years, Hollywood players have moved aggressively into the streaming space, investing heavily in movies and shows as they look to challenge Netflix. That push was reflected in Wednesday’s SAG nominations. WarnerMedia topped all companies with 18 nominations across both film and television — a list of nominees that comes from its motion picture arm, Warner Bros., as well as its cable and streaming divisions, HBO and HBO Max. WarnerMedia’s tally increased even more when the shows it produces for other distributors such as Apple and Netflix such as “Ted Lasso” and “The Kominsky Method get factored in, which pushes it total to 26 nominations. Netflix was close behind with 17 nominations in both television and film categories, while Disney had 13 nominations thanks to both its movie studio and Hulu and Disney Plus, its streaming services.

For the second year in a row, the Screen Actors Guild Awards took to its Instagram page to announce this year’s nominees, with Rosario Dawson and Vanessa Hudgens doing the honors. And once again, that decision was marred by technical difficulties, as the reading of the nominees was postponed briefly while Hudgens and Dawson ensured their audio was working.

The nominations are being announced as COVID-19 and specifically the omicron variant are upending awards season and Hollywood. Major industry events such as Sundance have been re-conceived as online-only affairs, cancelling their in-person components as cases of coronavirus surge. Several other awards shows, like the Grammys and Critics Choice Awards, have been postponed as they look to wait out the peak of infections. The Golden Globes hosted a private ceremony last weekend, but with the group mired in a scandal over its ethical practices and the lack of diversity of its members, major celebrities steered clear.

After going virtual last year amid the pandemic, the SAG Awards are returning to an in-person event, though this year’s ceremony will be held in the spacious Santa Monica Barker Hangar and follow COVID safety protocols. Since 1997, the show had been held at the Los Angeles Shrine Auditorium and Expo Hall. This year’s SAG Awards will also honor Helen Mirren with the lifetime achievement award. The show will simulcast live on Feb. 27 on TNT and TBS on at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT.

See the full nominations list below:

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series

spacer.png

Brian Cox (“Succession”) 
Billy Crudup (“The Morning Show”) 
Kieran Culkin (“Succession”)  
Lee Jung-Jae (“Squid Game”)  
Jeremy Strong (“Succession”)

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series

Spoiler

spacer.png

Jennifer Aniston (“The Morning Show”) 
Jung Ho-yeon (“Squid Game”)
Elizabeth Moss (“The Handmaid’s Tale”)  
Sarah Snook (“Succession”) 
Reese Witherspoon (“The Morning Show”)

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
spacer.png
“The Handmaid’s Tale” (Hulu) 
“The Morning Show” (Apple TV Plus) 
“Squid Game” (Netflix) 
“Succession” (HBO) 
“Yellowstone” (Paramount Network) 

Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Television Series

Spoiler

spacer.png

“Cobra Kai”
“The Falcon and the Winter Soldier”
“Loki”
“Mare of Easttown”
“Squid Game”

PhotoCredits: squidgame@twitter | sagawards@twitter | 

——

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/squid-game-sag-awards-korean-nominee-1235151301/
‘Squid Game’ Makes SAG Awards History: First Foreign-Language TV Nominee

All signs are pointing to "Squid Game" being a major Emmy contender later this year.

By Zack Sharf, Selome Hailu | Jan 12, 2022 7:15am PT

Spoiler

spacer.png

Everett Collection

Netflix’s blockbuster original show “Squid Game” has made history at the 2022 Screen Actors Guild Awards by becoming the first non-English-language series and first Korean series to score a nomination. “Squid Game” is up for outstanding cast in a drama series opposite “Succession,” “Yellowstone,” “The Morning Show” and “The Handmaid’s Tale.” The show also picked up nominations for actor in a drama series (Lee Jung-jae), actress in a drama series (Jung Ho-yeon), and stunt ensemble.

Since premiering on Netflix in September 2021, “Squid Game” has emerged as a global phenomenon. The drama pulled in 1.65 billion hours of viewing during its first four weeks of release, surpassing “Bridgerton” as the most-watched Netflix original series in history. The show landed three Golden Globe Awards, including best television drama, and earned O Yeong-su a supporting actor prize. “Squid Game” also boasts three Critics Choice Awards nominations and a Gotham Award win for breakthrough series.

“Since we released the show ‘Squid Game,’ we have experienced many surprising events. But today’s nomination for four categories with the SAG has to be one of the most surprising, and one of the happiest moments we’ve experienced,” director Hwang Dong-hyuk told Variety. “I’m especially honored in that it’s not only one or two lead actors that were recognized, but the entire ensemble was nominated, as well as the stunt ensemble, which is truly a great honor. And it’s great that I’m able to thank every single one of the crew and the cast that I’ve worked so hard on ‘Squid Game.’”

Lee, who has had a prolific career in Korea before “Squid Game’s” international success, added: “Being nominated at the SAG Awards, I decided to refresh my mind into thinking: I’m a newbie now! I’m a fresh new face on the scene. And I’m especially excited to be nominated alongside my cast as the best ensemble as well as the nomination for the stunt ensemble. This is just a great honor for all of us.”

“Working on this series, and acting for the first time, I thought about how creating something ‘together,’ and ‘as an ensemble’ just might be the true value of our society. I feel empowered to be reminded of how ‘together’ is more precious than a solo achievement,” Jung said about her nomination in a statement. And speaking with Variety, she added: “Near the midway of the story, I began to feel like Sae-byeok and I really shared a lot of characteristics. I don’t know if I understood this perfectly, and by that I mean that I don’t know if my own personality and Sae-byeok’s characteristics were similar from the get go, or if it was more about me becoming more like her in the process of studying the character. But I think from a certain point onward, I felt like the character Sae-byeok and I slowly overlapped and became more like one another. I felt like we had grown into a similar being.”

South Korean entertainment has made great strides at the SAG Awards over the last few years. Bong Joon Ho’s drama film “Parasite” won the 2020 SAG Award for cast in a motion picture, becoming the first non-English-language film ensemble to win the top prize. At last year’s SAG Awards, “Minari” favorite Youn Yuh-jung became the first Korean actress to ever win the supporting prize.

With major nominations at the Golden Globes, SAG Awards and Critics Choice Awards, “Squid Game” is positioning itself as a major Emmy contender later this year. Netflix has yet to officially announce a second season of the hit show, but creator Hwang Dong-hyuk has teased that he already has a few ideas up his sleeve for where the show goes next.

“What I will say is that I am picturing what it would be like if there was to be one. But all of these nominations and recognitions at the awards, and hopefully what will continue onward, definitely encourage us and motivate me,” he told Variety after SAG Award nominations were announced. “And it also does place a certain level of pressure on me. But if opportunity allows, my wish is to be able to create a sophomore series that will go on to be nominated for further awards, much like this one, embracing all of the encouragement and expectations that so many fans around the world have placed on us.”

The first season of “Squid Game” is streaming in its entirety on Netflix. The 2022 SAG Awards ceremony is set for Feb. 27.

See Variety‘s conversations with other SAG award nominations here.

Credits: LJJ’s instagram | squidgame@twitter | sagawards@twitter | 

[ from_jjlee ] I'm speechless and beyond excited to be nominated , not just individually but for our entire Squid Game team! I vividly remember the precious moments we shared together, putting in all the hard work to film the intense six rounds of games. On top of the unforgettable memories we share, today's SAG Awards nominations will be remembered as a precious and touching moment. Thank you so much to the members of SAG-AFTRA. I am so humbled and want to share this moment with all the fans of Squid Game who have faith in justice and love, we as people cherish. 그리고 팬 여러분 감사합니다~ #오징어게임 #squidgame #screenactorsguildawards

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

https://zapzee.net/2022/01/13/squid-game-makes-history-as-the-first-non-english-language-tv-series-to-score-4-nomination-for-a-screen-actors-guild-award/
‘Squid Game’ Makes History as the First Non-English-Language TV Series to Score 4 Nomination for the Screen Actors Guild Awards

by Changhyun Kim | PhotosCredit: The 2022 SAG Awards

spacer.png

Squid Game has scored four nominations for the 28th Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards. The show picked up nominations for outstanding ensemble, actor in a drama series (Lee Jung Jae), actress in a drama series (Jung Ho Yeon), and stunt ensemble.

On January 12th (U.S. Time), the SAG Awards announced this year’s nominees on their official website. Squid Game is up for outstanding ensemble in a drama series opposite The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu), The Morning Show (Apple TV Plus), Succession (HBO), and Yellowstone (Paramount Networks).

spacer.png

Lee Jung Jae has earned a nomination for outstanding performance by a male actor in a drama series opposite Brian Cox, Kieran Culkin, and Jeremy Strong of Succession, and Billy Crudup of The Morning Show.

spacer.png

Jung Ho Yeon also landed her first SAG Awards nomination alongside a number of other award considerations such as Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon of The Morning Show, Elizabeth Moss of The Handmaid’s Tale and Sarah Snook of Succession.

spacer.png

The entire ensemble and the stunt ensemble were both recognized with Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations. Other nominees include Cobra Kai, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki and Mare of Easttown.

Previously, Bong Joon Ho‘s Parasite won the cast in a motion picture at the 2020 SAG Awards, and Yoon Yeo Jung won the female actor in a supporting role award for her role in Minari last year. As Squid Game’s cast member Oh Young Soo became the first Korean actor to win a Golden Globe, people are expectant to see if Squid Game will continue its winning streak at the upcoming awards.

The 28th SAG Awards ceremony will be held on February 27th.

Source (1)

Translator Changhyun Kim: Hello, K-pop, K-drama, and K-movie lovers! I will provide you with accurate and reliable Korean Entertainment news.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220113003000315
'Squid Game' creator Hwang Dong-hyuk says he still believes in humanity

Spoiler

By brk@yna.co.kr | January 13, 2022

SEOUL, Jan. 13 (Yonhap) -- "Squid Game" creator Hwang Dong-hyuk has said he still believes in a humanity that moves people to put confidence in a better and more just society even under the life-and-death pressure of social survival games.

"We are living in a society where people dare to tread on other people to survive," he said Wednesday in a pretaped interview by the Seoul-based Corea Image Communication Institute. "But I still believe that this society doesn't have to be one where we need to kill others and override them to go up."

He cited a quote by Sae-byeok (Jung Ho-yeon) in the eighth episode -- "Don't do it. That isn't you. You're a good person at heart." The words interrupt Gi-hun (Lee Jung-jae), who tries to stab his old friend and final competitor Sang-woo while he is sleeping, ahead of the final round of the deadly contest of heavily debt-ridden people to win 45.6 billion won (US$38.2 million) in prize money.

"I wanted to tell all of us 'that's not us' through this piece of work," said Hwang, who has made films with strong social messages, like "Silenced" (2011).

spacer.png
This photo, provided by the Corea Image Communication Institute (CICI), shows "Squid Game" creator Hwang Dong-hyuk (L) posing after winning a prize given by the CICI on Jan. 12, 2022. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

The simplicity of the children's games and satire of modern capitalist society in "Squid Game" won enthusiastic response across the world, becoming the most successful Netflix show in history. It was viewed for more than 1.65 billion hours in the first four weeks after its release on Sept. 17.

Hwang, who wrote and directed the nine-part dystopian series, said the world has changed to a large extent since he first conceived the idea of making "Squid Game" about 10 years ago. A draft of "Squid Game" had been shelved for about a decade, as local investors and producers turned down Hwang's project.

"When I first came up with this screenplay, many people said it was 'too ridiculous.' But our life has become worse since then," he said. "Along with wider wealth inequality and a stronger craze for speculation, the protracted pandemic made people eager to participate in the deadly but lucrative contest."

The phenomenal success of "Squid Game" spiked controversy in South Korea over the global streaming titan's monopoly of the entire intellectual property of Korean-language shows the company invests in.

The director-writer said it is necessary for the South Korean government to improve related systems to help content creators share the intellectual property rights of their works and foster young up-and-coming talents.(END)

-

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/01/688_322185.html
Netflix to step up investment in Korean content, Netflix Korea VP says

On 12/16/2021 at 6:06 AM, Helena said:

Lee Jung Jae to reunite with military colleague, Yoo Jae-Suk for an episode on "Yoo Quiz on the Block"

YOU QUIZ ON THE BLOCK EP.137

“Yoo Quiz on the Block” every Wednesday at 8:40 pm (KST) on tvN

#유퀴즈온더블럭 #유퀴즈 #선공개 #유재석 #조세호 #이정재

#티빙에서스트리밍

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006603540
[SBS Star] Lee Jung Jae Thanks Fans for Sharing His Good-looking Photos with Global 'Squid Game' Fans

By Lee Narin  | 2022.01.13 11:36

spacer.png

Actor Lee Jung Jae thanked fans for letting global 'Squid Game' fans that he does not look like the guy in the series in real life.   On January 13 episode of tvN's television show 'You Quiz on the Block', Lee Jung Jae made a guest appearance.   During the talk, Lee Jung Jae talked about gaining much fame abroad following the success of Netflix's series 'Squid Game'.  

Lee Jung Jae said, "It's surprising how many people recognize me outside of Korea now. Immigration officers to waitresses at restaurants would be so happy to see me."   He laughingly continued, "They find my name hard to pronounce though, so most of them just call me number 456."  

Then, the host Yu Jae Seok commented, "I heard that many 'Squid Game' fans were taken aback after seeing you in interviews, as you were all too neat and good-looking."   He went on, "I've seen comments made by non-Koreans online saying things like, 'Wow, he looks incredibly handsome out of his character.', 'I didn't think that he was this good-looking in real life when he was No. 456!', 'Is he really 49 years old?! I'm shocked.'"  

To this, Lee Jung Jae responded, "When I was filming 'Squid Game', I didn't really put any effort into making my appearance look nice. I didn't have to, because of my role."  He resumed, "I lived a 'natural' life for about a year; I didn't cut my hair, didn't shave, didn't even care what I wore. I had to maintain the look for my character, you know. It was kind of great, actually."   He added with a laugh, "At that time, people around me kept asking me what I was filming. I told them it was 'Squid Game', and they would be like, 'What kind of name for a series is called 'Squid Game?'"  

After that, Lee Jung Jae shared what his fans did for him, "Since I got the sort of responses from non-Korean 'Squid Game' fans that you mentioned, lots of my fans in Korea shared 'normal' photos of me when I'm not Sung Ki-hun in 'Squid Game' to prove that I'm not usually like him."  He laughed and continued, "They were like, 'Please know that Lee Jung Jae is generally this good-looking.' I've seen them sharing photos of me wearing suits, when I was in a good shape and stuff like that. I honestly do appreciate that."

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://zapzee.net/2022/01/13/squid-game-star-lee-jung-jae-opens-up-about-his-humble-beginnings/
‘Squid Game’ Star Lee Jung Jae Opens Up About His Humble Beginnings

by Changhyun Kim

spacer.png
Credit: tvN

Lee Jung Jae opened up about his humble beginnings and family life.

On January 12th, the actor guest appeared on the 137th episode of tvN’s You Quiz On The Block. While he was talking about his role Sung Ki Hoon in Squid Game, the star revealed that what drives him as an actor is the desire to play a character that he hasn’t played before.

Lee Jung Jae then shared some of his childhood stories, revealing that he was brought up in a rather poor family. He said, “As an actor, I have always been tagged with a reputation for having a very luxurious lifestyle. However, I grew up in a small studio apartment that looks quite smaller to Sung Ki Hoon’s house in Squid Game. At least Ki Hoon had two rooms, but my house had no rooms at all. We used to gather around our tiny dinner table in this small house about the size of a living room.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYarmzBlE-L/?utm_medium=copy_link

Additionally, Lee Jung Jae shared that his character is actually based off of his real childhood memories. “The filming site of Squid Game reminded me of my childhood and my mother at that time. So, I walked along the street all day, whenever I had time. Looking back my childhood around the filming site actually helped me a lot to become Sung Ki Hoon.”

Source (1)
Translator Changhyun Kim: Hello, K-pop, K-drama, and K-movie lovers! I will provide you with accurate and reliable Korean Entertainment news.

https://kbizoom.com/the-difficult-childhood-of-squid-game-star-lee-jung-jae/
The difficult childhood of “Squid Game” star Lee Jung Jae

By Kien Pham | January 13, 2022

Lee Jung Jae is currently a rich and powerful A-lister of Korea’s entertainment industry, but his starting point was actually very humble.

On January 13, Lee Jung Jae guested on the show “Yoo Quiz On The Block“. In a conversation with host Yoo Jae Suk, the actor opened up about his poor family background. The star of Netflix’s hit Squid Game said he spent his childhood living in a tiny apartment, lacking food and clothes.

“Luxurious, stylish, neat are the words that often appear next to actor Lee Jung Jae. However, the truth is, when I was a child, I lived in a cramped apartment that was even smaller than Sung Ki Hoon’s (his character in Squid Game) house. At least in Squid Game, Sung Ki Hoon’s place has two rooms, my house back then had no rooms. Because my family was poor, our daily meals were meager. There was only rice and some side vegetables”, Lee Jung Jae recalled.

spacer.png
Lee Jung Jae said the male lead role in Squid Game made him remember his poor childhood.

The actor said that it was the difficult days of his childhood that helped him fully convey the character Sung Ki Hoon. “When I first went to the filming site in Ssangmun-dong, I reminisced about my past a lot. I also remembered my mother having a hard time. So whenever I had time, whether in the morning or at night, I continued to walk on the path by the marketplace. Doing that, I naturally became Sung Ki Hoon,” the Korean actor shared.

In addition, Lee Jung Jae revealed that his emaciated and disheveled appearance during the filming of Squid Game had led many colleagues to misunderstand him as having an incident in his life. “I have not cut my hair, shaved, nor cared about my clothes for almost a year. My friends were very worried, kept asking me how I was doing. They all have the same question as to what caused me to neglect myself,” he said.

Sharing about his future plans, Lee Jung Jae said that he would choose a character or a genre he had never tried before.

Lee Jung Jae was born in 1972, is one of the leading actors in Korea. In 2021, the actor became a global star thanks to the impact of “Squid Game“.  The male lead role in “Squid Game” brought the actor a nomination for the Best Actor award at the Golden Globes 2022. He is also one of two Korean artists honored by the New York Times as the breakout star of 2021.

https://kbizoom.com/squid-game-lee-jung-jaes-reaction-to-a-fans-remark/
“Squid Game” Lee Jung-Jae’s reaction to a fan’s remark, “Oppa, you have something on your face,” gathered attention

By Kien Pham | January 12, 2022

Lee Jung Jae told the behind-the-scenes story of his “legendary gif” with his fangirl.

spacer.png
tvN’s “You Quiz on the Block”

“You have ‘some’thing on your face. Handsome!”

On January 12th, actor Lee Jung-jae appeared and had a talk on tvN’s “You Quiz on the Block.”  On this day, Lee Jung-jae talked about a short conversation he had with a female fan in a movie press conference in 2014.  At the time, the girl fan said, “You have ‘some’thing on your face*,” making Lee Jung-Jae embarrassed.   The reason why Lee Jung-jae was even more embarrassed was that he actually ate kimbap just before the event.  Lee Jung-jae said, “I had no choice but to eat kimbap to enter the venue on time right after getting my hair and makeup done,” adding, “Where on my face was the seaweed?” He said he thought there was actually some seaweed on his face.  However, the fangirl continued, “Handsome.” Lee Jung-jae recalled, “I was confused at the moment,” and made people laugh.

*The actual joke was “Oppa, you have seaweed (kim) on your face. Handsome (jalsaengkim)!”

https://kbizoom.com/lee-jung-jae-blackpink-jennies-mother-was-my-fan/
Lee Jung-jae: “BLACKPINK Jennie’s mother was my fan”

By Kien Pham

spacer.png

Actor Lee Jung-jae appeared on tvN’s entertainment program “You Quiz on the Block” that aired on Jan 12th as a special segment called “Are there any benefits?“. He showed off his pleasant volubility by revealing his friendship with stars such as comedian Yoo Jae-suk, BLACKPINK Jennie and Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio.

Lee Jung-jae appeared in black leather pants, drawing attention. When MC Yoo Jae-suk exclaimed “World star”, he shyly said, “What’s wrong with you?” He also grabbed Jo Se-ho‘s shoulder, who succeeded in dieting, and twirled him around, “Oh, as expected, exercise.”

Lee Jung-jae then asked Yoo Jae-suk for help, “It’s hard to sit down because I’m wearing leather pants.” His holding Yoo Jae-suk‘s hand and trembling as he sat on the chair made everyone laugh. In the meantime, the actor expressed his ambition, “I’ll tell you a livelier and funnier story that fits the costume.”

Lee Jung-jae revealed his unexpected relationship with BLACKPINK Jennie, “She was close to Jung Ho-yeon. Jennie came to the set with a coffee truck when Jung Ho-yeon was filming ‘Squid Game’. The set went crazy at the news that BLACKPINK Jennie was coming.”  He then shared, “It was kind of awkward for me to sit close with her. However, Jennie approached me first. It turned out that Jennie’s mother was my fan.” It is known that Jennie’s mother named Jennie after Baek Jae-hee (Lee Jung-jae‘s character in “Sandglass“).  Meanwhile, Lee Jung-jae selected BLACKPINK‘s documentary “BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky” as his favorite work in a video titled “Squid Game actors’ favorite Netflix series” which was uploaded on Netflix Korea’s YouTube channel last year.

https://zapzee.net/2022/01/14/lee-jung-jae-talks-about-gloden-globes-winner-oh-yeong-soo-the-sag-award-he-most-desires-and-more/
Lee Jung Jae Talks About Gloden Globes Winner Oh Yeong Soo, the SAG Award He Most Desires and More

by Changhyun Kim

spacer.png
Credit: JTBC

Lee Jung Jae shared his thoughts on being nominated for the 28th Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards. He is the first Korean male actor to earn a nomination for the awards.

In an interview with JTBC’s Newsroom on January 13th, Lee Jung Jae said that he most wishes to win the outstanding ensemble award among all the other awards he’s been nominated for. He commented, “This is such an honor. The show’s performers and ensemble, as well as Jung Ho Yeon, were nominated. Our action crew also bagged a nomination, so basically, all of our actors were recognized. I am truly happy about all of this.”

The actor, who had a successful career in Korea prior to the international popularity of the Netflix show, has earned the title ‘rising star’ in the U.S. after the recent success of Squid Game. He said, “I hope this would be an opportunity for me to star in more global works. I feel like I’ve been given a great opportunity to turn a new page in my life.”

Lee Jung Jae also showed respect to his co-star Oh Yeong Soo, who recently won the Best Supporting Actor at the Golden Globes Awards. He said, “Oh Yeong Soo is a very nice person who gives great advice to his peer actors. The depth of his acting in Squid Game amazed me. I wish to become an actor like him, an actor who performs every line and movement with sincerity.”

Source (1)

https://kbizoom.com/actor-lee-jung-jae-revealed-latest-information-on-squid-game-season-2s-scenario-script/
Actor Lee Jung-jae revealed latest information on “Squid Game” Season 2’s scenario script

By Kien Pham | January 13, 2022

Actor Lee Jung-jae talked about “Squid Game” season 2 in the new “Newsroom.”

spacer.png

In JTBC’s news program “Newsroom,” which aired on the afternoon of January 13th, actor Lee Jung-jae of the Netflix original series “Squid Game,” which captivated viewers around the world, appeared in the segment “Thursday Culture Reserved seat.”

“Squid Game” drew attention as it was named in four categories: Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor (Lee Jung-jae), Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor (Jung Ho-yeon), Best Stunt Ensemble, and Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble Series at the 28th SAG Awards on January 2th (local time).

When asked if he received a scenario script for Season 2 of the drama “Squid Game” that fans around the world have been expecting, Lee Jung-jae drew attention by saying, “The scenario does not exist yet, the director is working hard on writing it.”

In addition, Lee Jung-jae added, “I’m looking forward to what story and character I will work with.”

[The Game Caterers 2] ep.2-1|The original actors act out their famous lines in famous scenes

#Excessively-immersedParty #WatchTheOriginalVersionOfFamousLines #TheGameCaterers2

What happens when you get legendary actors to do the Famous Line Quiz.mp4
Actors waste(?) their talents and get into their own characters…
We didn't know then how serious they are about prizes.

[The Game Caterers 2] ep.2-2|Quizzes full of cheating, featuring, ventriloquism, and black magic

#Ventriloquism #BlackMagic #SubleMadness #TheGameCaterers2 

-> They are so serious about winning the prizes that they resort to ventriloquism, black magic(?) and 
all kinds of cheating techniques

-> What is the two leaders' final mission with the future of ARTISTCOMPANY at stake?

We'll come if you want us! Variety show delivery service is back [The Game Caterers 2]

Every [Fri] 10:30 p.m. on tvN, Check out the full version on Channel Fullmoon

For more information on our business trips: https://bit.ly/2RpuQEt

———

Squid Game Cast Review the Biggest Betrayals in Season One | Vanity Fair

HoYeon Jung, Lee Jung-jae, and 'Squid Game' director Hwang Dong-hyuk review the top three betrayals from season one. From the moment that Sang-Woo tells Gi-Hun that he shouldn't pick the umbrella-shaped dalgona to the lead up to Sae-Byeok's death, they explain how the show's plot unfolded after these pivotal moments.

Still haven’t subscribed to Vanity Fair on YouTube? ►► http://bit.ly/2z6Ya9M
Want to stay in the know? Subscribe to Vanity Fair Magazine and be exquisitely informed ►► http://vntyfr.com/2RuQGW2
ABOUT VANITY FAIR
Arts and entertainment, business and media, politics, and world affairs—Vanity Fair’s features and exclusive videos capture the people, places, and ideas that define modern culture. 

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/squid-game-season-2-netflix-confirms-1235159078/
‘Squid Game’ Will Get a Second Season, Netflix Confirms

By Todd Spangler | Jan 20, 2022 3:28pm PT

It’s officially a green light: “Squid Game,” Netflix’s breakout hit of 2021, will be getting a Season 2, co-CEO and chief content officer Ted Sarandos affirmed.

On Netflix’s fourth quarter 2021 earnings interview, Sarandos was asked whether there would be a second season of the violent South Korean survival drama, which has scored as the company’s No. 1 most-viewed TV series.

“Absolutely,” Sarandos replied. “The ‘Squid Game’ universe has just begun.”

He put “Squid Game” in the category of Netflix’s burgeoning bouquet of entertainment franchises that the company sees as having growth potential outside the core streaming service, with live experiences, games and merchandise. Sarandos called out “Bridgerton,” the second most-viewed Netflix original TV show, with the Season 2 set to bow in March, and “Stranger Things,” with Season 4 slated for this summer.

Previously, “Squid Game” creator Hwang Dong-hyuk had indicated that the hit series would be returning for a Season 2.

“There’s been so much pressure, so much demand and so much love for a second season. So I almost feel like you leave us no choice!” Hwang told the AP last fall. “But I will say there will indeed be a second season. It’s in my head right now. I’m in the planning process currently.”

Hwang also said that lead actor Lee Jung-jae will return as “Squid Game’s” main character, Seong Gi-hun.

“Squid Game” is by a long shot Netflix’s biggest-ever TV show, based on the streamer’s calculation that subscribers worldwide streamed 1.65 billion hours of the show in the first 28 days of its release on the platform. In Season 1, 456 cash-strapped contestants are invited by a mysterious organization to compete in a series of children’s games — with deadly consequences — to win a piece of the ₩45.6 billion prize pool (about $38.5 million).

The series made history at the 2022 Screen Actors Guild Awards by becoming the first non-English-language series and first Korean series to score a nomination, for cast in a drama series, actor in a drama series (Lee Jung-jae), actress in a drama series (Jung Ho-yeon), and stunt ensemble.

In addition, “Squid Game” won three Golden Globe Awards, including best TV drama, and earned O Yeong-su a supporting actor trophy. The show also nabbed three Critics Choice Awards nominations and a Gotham Award win for breakthrough series.

Netflix paid $21.4 million for the first season of “Squid Game” and has estimated the series will deliver $891 million in what it calls “impact value,” per confidential internal data that was leaked to Bloomberg.

As of the end of 2021, Netflix tallied 221.8 million subscribers globally. But shares of the paid-streaming leader plunged Thursday after the company forecast slower-than-expected Q1 subscriber growth and acknowledged that rivals may be hurting customer acquisition.

• 3 weeks later...

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/02/10/entertainment/television/Netflix-Korea-Squid-Game-theater-screenings/20220210121314836.html
'Squid Game' to be screened in U.S. theaters ahead of SAG Awards

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr] | February 10, 2022

spacer.png
Poster for ″Squid Game″ [NETFLIX]

Netflix Korea’s “Squid Game,” which received four nominations for this year’s Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards, will be screened at U.S. theaters to promote the series ahead of the award ceremony.

The series saw worldwide success and became Netflix’s most-viewed content.

According to Variety on Thursday, “Squid Game” will be screened in theaters in New York and Los Angeles.

“The first season of ‘Squid Game’ will be screened over two successive Saturday afternoons, on Feb. 12 and Feb. 19 at the Netflix-operated Paris Theater in New York, and at the Netflix-operated Bay Theater in Los Angeles’ Pacific Palisades neighborhood,” Variety reported.

Guild members will receive free admission but screenings are open to the general public who are willing to pay fee.

“Squid Game” is the first non-English-language drama series to be nominated for a prize in the 28-year history of the SAG awards.

The series was nominated for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble Series, Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor for Lee Jung-jae, Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor for Jung Ho-yeon and Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble.

The 28th SAG awards ceremony will be held on Feb. 27 at The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, Los Angeles.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/02/688_323873.html
'Squid Game' most favorite Korean drama in 2021: survey

By Lee Gyu-lee | 2022-02-14

spacer.png
A poster for the Korean thriller series "Squid Game" / Courtesy of Netflix

"Squid Game," Netflix's biggest hit Korean original series, was the most popular Korean drama among global audiences in 2021, according to a survey on hallyu trends by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Korean Foundation for International Cultural Exchange, Monday.

In the survey of 8,500 people in 18 countries, including Thailand, India, the United States, France and Brazil, who have consumed Korean cultural content last year, the dystopian thriller series garnered the highest percentage by far among Korean dramas with 21.2 percent.

TvN's romance series "Crash Landing on You," which ranked highest in the survey the year before with 9.5 percent, was voted the second this year with 2.2 percent, followed by the crime series "Vincenzo," at 1.9 percent.

K-pop juggernaut BTS was named as the most popular K-pop artist for the fourth consecutive year, at 26.7 percent, which is more than double the ratio of runner-up BLACKPINK at 10.4 percent. Solo artist IU took the third spot with 2.8 percent.

For the category of actors, Lee Min-ho topped the ranking at 9.3 percent; for films, "Parasite" was the favorite at 10.3 percent; for animation, "Larva" was at 9.6 percent; and for online games, "PUBG: Battlegrounds" took 14.5 percent.

The people around the world surveyed viewed Korean content mostly through online and mobile platforms. YouTube was the favored channel for watching Korean dramas and enjoying K-pop, while Korean movie fans mostly used Netflix.

About six out of 10 respondents said hallyu content affected their consumption of Korean-brand goods and services. Forty percent of people even answered they are willing to use Korean-brand products or services even if they do not know much about them, up 7.4 percentage points from the previous year. 

On the other hand, the percentage of those who perceive K-content unfavorably also increased by 6.3 percentage points to 30.7 percent. When asked why, 25.1 percent said Korean content was "overly commercialized," while 22.7 percent said it threatened their local content industry.

• 2 weeks later...

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065572004635243
'Squid Game' Lee Jung-jae·Jung Ho-yeon to attend SAG Awards

연합뉴스 / 2022-02-24 09:13:25

FDAB1F47-1BF7-4B4A-A46B-E57CFE708FA0.jpg
▲ This photo, provided by Netflix, shows "Squid Game." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, Feb. 24 (Yonhap) -- The cast of Netflix original "Squid Game" will leave for the U.S. to attend the 28th Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards.

According to Netflix and on Wednesday, actors Lee Jung-jae, Jung Ho-yeon, Park Hae-soo, Kim Joo-ryeong, and Anupam Tripathi will appear in the SAG awards ceremony, which will be held on Feb. 27 (U.S. Time).

Director Hwang Dong-hyuk will also join the awards ceremony to cheer for the nominated actors.

O Yeong-su, Wi Ha-joon, and Heo Sung-tae, who won the Golden Globes Best TV Supporting Actor Award, will not make it to the event due to other schedules.

"Squid Game" has earned 4 nominations, including outstanding performances by an ensemble cast in a drama series, by a stunt ensemble in a television series, by a male actor in a leading role (Lee Jung-jae), and by a female actor in a supporting role (Jung Ho-yeon).

The awards ceremony will be held on Feb. 28 morning (KST).  (END)

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/02/688_324571.html
'Squid Game' wins best series screenplay, director and actress at Director's Cut Awards

By Lee Gyu-lee | 2022-02-26

EC52A935-4028-4A69-92E8-07F149DD9993.jpg

The creator of Netflix's smash-hit series, "Squid Game," has won two accolades at the 20th Director's Cut Awards, live-streamed through Naver TV, Thursday.

The series' director and writer, Hwang Dong-hyuk, won both Best Screenplay and Best Director in the series category, which was newly added to the awards this year.  "It's an honor to win the first awards in this category. I'm really thankful," the director said after receiving the awards. "Working on this series has been a long, tough, lonely and painful journey. I thought about giving up a few times in agony. And to receive such meaningful awards made those times worth it."  He added that although his next project is not yet determined, he said it will likely be a movie or the second season of "Squid Game."  Jung Ho-yeon, who starred in "Squid Game," also won Best Actor in the series category. 

Founded in 1998, the award is an annual event presented by the Directors Guild of Korea (DGK) to recognize excellent films and series released in the past year. Its nominees and the winners are exclusively voted for by the directors of the DGK.  The awards ceremony was skipped for the last two years, due to the coronavirus pandemic, after holding the 19th edition in December 2019. So this year's nominees were selected among works from 2020 and 2021. 

For the film category, director Lee Joon-ik, who was at the helm of the 2021 black-and-white, historical film, "The Book of Fish," took the best director trophy, and the film's screenwriter, Kim Se-Gyeom, won the best screenplay award.  Actors Lee Byung-hun and Jeon Jong-seo won Best Actor in Film, for their respective performances in the 2020 political thriller movie, "The Man Standing Next," and in the 2020 thriller, mystery movie, "Call."

Along with Jung in "Squid Game," Koo Kyo-hwan also won Best Actor in Series with his performance in the Netflix military series, "D.P" (2021). Koo also grabbed Best New Actor in Film with zombie action film "Peninsula" (2020).

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/02/398_324613.html
Lee Jung-jae signs with CAA, takes leap onto world stage

By Kwak Yeon-soo | 2022-02-27

78529E28-81EA-4533-8C93-68D5EF265E30.jpg
Actor Lee Jung-jae / Courtesy of Artist Company

Lee Jung-jae, who made a splash by playing the protagonist of Netflix's smash hit series, "Squid Game," is propelling Korean dramas, films and fashion, to global fame by taking the leap onto the world stage.

Recently, he signed with Creative Artists Agency (CAA) for representation as a director, producer and actor. The U.S. talent and sports agency represents notable Hollywood directors and actors, including Steven Spielberg, Brad Pitt and Will Smith.

"Based on CAA's global network, Lee Jung-jae will be more active in the global market, including the United States," Lee's agency, Artist Company, said in a statement.

Lee played Seong Gi-hun in "Squid Game," the survival drama that has garnered four Screen Actors Guild (SAG) award nominations, including Male Actor in A Drama Series, for Lee. He will be attending the announcement ceremony, scheduled for Feb. 27 (local time), with director Hwang Dong-hyuk and other cast members.

In addition, he was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Television Actor ― Drama Series and a Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Actor in a Series, becoming the first male actor from Asia to receive nominations in all three prestigious awards in those categories. 

His latest film, "Deliver Us From Evil," was screened in Publicis Cinemas in Paris on Sunday following demand from French fans who wished to watch Lee's recent movie. The hard-boiled action film was screened during the 15th Korean Film Festival in 2020. 

For his next project, Lee will make his directorial debut with "Hunt," which he will also star in alongside Jung Woo-sung. The film was also written and is being produced by Lee.

The 50-year-old actor was chosen as a global ambassador for Seoul Fashion Week, which will be held March 18-23 in a hybrid version. This year, four local designer brands ― EENK, LIE, WNDERKAMMER and DOUCAN ― will host runway shows during Paris Fashion Week. Model Choi So-ra, another global ambassador, will appear in the runway show during the event.

On Friday, the soundtrack of Lee's screen debut feature, "The Young Man" (1994) was re-released. This album includes 14 tracks, including "Where the Road Ends" sung by Lee. In the film, he plays the role of a young model who manipulates people around him in his unending quest for financial pleasure. Lee won the Best New Actor award at the 31st Baeksang Arts Award, 33rd Grand Bell Awards and 16th Blue Dragon Awards.

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065579913471928
'Squid Game' Lee Jung-jae signs contract with U.S. agency CAA

연합뉴스 / 2022-02-26 11:25:51

spacer.png
▲ Actor Lee Jung-jae <PhotoSource=ArtistCompany>

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 26 (Yonhap) – S. Korean actor Lee Jung-jae, who has received attention from Hollywood by appearing in Korean-language Netflix's original "Squid Game," signed an exclusive contract with Creative Artists Agency(CAA), an influential American entertainment agency.

Deadline, an entertainment news, reported on Feb. 25 (U.S. Time) that Lee signed a contract with CAA and will perform as a director, producer, and actor.

CAA, an American talent and sports agency, is based in Los Angeles (LA), California.  Hollywood stars and directors, such as Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, Zendaya, and Reese Witherspoon, belong to the agency. 

Lee played the lead role Seong Gi-hun in Netflix's smash hit "Squid Game."  The actor will also attend the 28th Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards, which will be held on Feb. 27, with other cast of “Squid Game,” including Jung Ho-yeon and Park Hae-soo.  "Squid Game" has earned 4 nominations, including outstanding performances by an ensemble cast in a drama series, by a stunt ensemble in a television series, by a male actor in a leading role (Lee Jung-jae), and by a female actor in a supporting role (Jung Ho-yeon). (END)

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065580855856544
Seoul Fashion Week enters Paris runway… with ambassador Lee Jung-jae

연합뉴스 / 2022-02-28 11:40:53

E9225BD6-7730-490A-AEFF-D84F48B9DC23.jpg

Spoiler

074C3AB3-7B2C-44BC-9B76-D920C9EEB331.jpg

▲ These photos, captured from Lee Jung-jae's Instagram account, show the actor as the ambassador of Seoul Fashion Week. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, Feb. 28 (Yonhap) -- Four local designer brands will host runway shows for the first time in Paris fashion week, one of the world’s top 4 fashion shows, as “Seoul Fashion week.”

Seoul Metropolitan Government announced that “EENK,” “LIE,” “WNDERKAMMER,” and “DOUCAN” will host the fashion show in Palais Brongniart, Paris, on Mar. 6, during the fashion week period. Palais Brongniart is well known as a fashion show venue for global luxury brands such as Hermes and Fendi.

This fashion show is organized as an official event of the “Paris Fashion Week.”

Seoul city will operate a Seoul Fashion Week exclusive hall in the Tranoi Trade show, which will begin on Mar. 4 to 7. Nine local designers will participate in the Tranoi show, which is visited by more than 22,000 buyers from around the world, and promote K-fashion. Famous models including Choi So-ra will wear the clothes of Korean designers entering the Tranoi and participate in the promotion.

The global ambassador for this Seoul Fashion Week is Lee Jung-jae, the protagonist of Netflix’s hit series “Squid Game.” Lee will wear clothes of the local brands “EENK” and “CARUSO” and appear in a promotional YouTube that will be released on March 4.

The “2022 F/W Seoul Fashion Week,” which introduces this year’s autumn and winter fashion trends, will be hosted online and offline from Mar. 18 to 23. The fashion show, held offline after 3 years due to COVID-19, will be hosted in the Seoul Museum of Craft Art and streamed online through YouTube·NaverTV·TikTok.

Seoul city will expand the size of the invited audience after considering the COVID-19 situation and the guidelines of quarantine authorities. 

Seoul city is also planning to release eight runway videos (fashion films) from Mar. 18, taken in advance using augmented and virtual reality technologies at Seoul attractions such as Namsan Mountain and Seoul Battleship Park. The video can be watched on the Seoul Fashion Week website (http://www.seoulfashionweek.org), YouTube channel, Naver TV, and TikTok.

The Seoul Fashion Week will also provide a sales exhibition for the general consumers. “Seoul Fashion Week on-site exhibition,” which will be held in the HAN Collection Gwanghwamun Building, will sell more than 100 designer brand products introduced at Seoul Fashion Week at discounted prices. A live commerce exhibition will also be held from Mar. 21.  (END)

The 28th Annual SAG (Screen Actors Guild) Awards

Korean actor Lee Jung-jae accepts Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor for his role in "Squid Game" during the 28th Annual Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, Calif., Feb. 27. AFP-Yonhap

07B7B690-D5D9-479B-B45A-199FA2C23D34.jpg

Spoiler

437DEA72-E669-4CB5-946B-BA5C4DBD67E5.gif

Cr: tnt

[28th Annual SAG Awards] Lee Jung-Jae: Award Acceptance Speech | TNT

Lee Jung-Jae receives SAG award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series for his performance as SEONG GI-HUN in SQUID GAME.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220228003700315
'Squid Game' star Lee Jung-jae wins best actor in drama series at SAG Awards

By Kim Bora (brk@yna.co.kr
) | February 28, 2022

650AD37F-6934-448E-8AA0-DA286AA781A0.jpg
Korean actor Lee Jung-jae accepts Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor for his role in "Squid Game" during the 28th Annual Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, Calif., Feb. 27. AFP-Yonhap

SEOUL, Feb. 28 (Yonhap) -- South Korean actor Lee Jung-jae has won best actor in a drama series at the U.S. Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards for his role in the survival drama "Squid Game."

At the televised ceremony of the 2022 SAG Awards on Sunday (U.S. time), Lee was named the winner of Outstanding Performance By a Male Actor in a Drama Series, beating Brian Cox, Kieran Culkin and Jeremy Strong of "Succession," and Billy Crudup of "The Morning Show."

Lee took the role of Gi-hoon, a down-on-his-luck middle-aged man drawn to a mysterious competition of traditional Korean kids' games that will reward the only survivor with 45.6 billion won (US$37.8 million) in prize money.

He became the second South Korean actor ever to have won at the SAG Awards given by Hollywood actors, following Youn Yuh-jung last year.  (END)

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220228003752315
Lee Jung-jae, Jung Ho-yeon of 'Squid Game' win best actors in drama series at SAG Awards

By Kim Bora (brk@yna.co.kr
) | February 28, 2022

708BCB80-9DC5-4177-A30B-417CC4369114.jpg
▲ This image provided by the Screen Actors Guild Awards highlights Lee Jung-jae of "Squid Game" as the winner of Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series on Feb. 27, 2022. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Spoiler

078F2DA7-7815-474D-9E0C-2CB29A77F35D.jpg

▲ This image provided by the Screen Actors Guild Awards highlights Jung Ho-yeon of "Squid Game" as the winner of Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series on Feb. 27, 2022. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, Feb. 28 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's Lee Jung-jae and Jung Ho-yeon have won best male actor and female actor in the TV drama category at the U.S. Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards for their roles in the survival Netflix drama "Squid Game."

At the televised ceremony of the 2022 SAG Awards on Sunday (U.S. time), Lee was named the winner of Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series, beating Brian Cox, Kieran Culkin and Jeremy Strong of "Succession," and Billy Crudup of "The Morning Show."

Jung also brought home the prize of Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series over Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon of "The Morning Show," Elisabeth Moss of "The Handmaid's Tale" and Sarah Snook of "Succession."

They together became the second Korean actors ever to have won at the SAG Awards given by Hollywood actors, following Youn Yuh-jung last year.

And it is the first time that a non-English speaking performer has won SAG's acting awards.

7EDA41D8-F027-49D2-ABBF-939B36CE9F2E.jpg

Spoiler

62EDDF51-2108-4C74-9FA1-6342353A9A3A.jpg

In these AFP photos, Lee Jung-jae (L) and Jung Ho-yeon celebrate after winning acting awards for their roles in "Squid Game" at the Screen Actors Guild Awards in Santa Monica, California, on Feb. 27, 2022. (Yonhap)

"Squid Game" was also awarded Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a TV series. It outdid "Cobra Kai," "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier," "Loki" and "Mare of Easttown."

"It's truly huge that's happened to me. I did write something, but I didn't think I was gonna get to read it," he said in an acceptance speech. "Thank you so much to SAG for the award, and thank you to the global audience for all of your love."

In the Netflix Korean original, Lee took the role of Gi-hoon, a down-on-his-luck middle-aged man drawn to a mysterious competition of traditional Korean kids' games that will reward the only survivor with 45.6 billion won (US$37.8 million) in prize money.

Lee has been nominated for several U.S. TV awards, including the Gotham Awards and the Golden Globes, over the past few months for the show, but it is the first time that Lee actually took a trophy.

Jung said in an acceptance speech she had dreamed of becoming an actor while watching Hollywood movies. In "Squid Game," she played North Korean defector Sae-byeok who participates in the deadly game to earn prize money in order to rescue her parents across the North Korean border and buy a house for her family. 

"Thank you for making me dream and opening the door for me," she said. "And I love you my 'Squid Game' crew and director Hwang Dong-hyuk!"

"Squid Game" was also nominated for the highest prize of Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series but failed to win it. "Succession" took home the honor.

In 2020, on the film's side, Bong Joon-ho's Oscar-winning sensation "Parasite" was awarded the best ensemble trophy and cruised to the Academy Awards, in which the film swept four Oscars, including Best Picture.

Directed and written by Hwang Dong-hyuk, the nine-part series became the most successful TV show in Netflix history with more than 1.65 billion hours of viewing in the first four weeks after its release on Sept. 17.

Later in the day, President Moon Jae-in congratulated the two actors, calling the awards an honor not only for the "Squid Game" team but also the Republic of Korea.

"'Squid Game' represents a new type of drama, as it deals with various states of the human mind using our traditional games as its subject matter and resonated with people around the world with its deep social consciousness," Moon said in a social media post.

"In particular, the actors' great performances added shine to the movie," he added. (END)

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220228000764
'Squid Game' bags three trophies at SAG Awards

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com) | February 28, 2022

Netflix megahit drama series “Squid Game” won three awards at the 28th Screen Actors Guild Awards, held in Santa Monica, California, Sunday night.

The series was nominated in four categories.

Two actors -- Jung Ho-yeon and Lee Jung-jae -- won awards for their roles. This marked the second consecutive year of Korean actors winning at least one SAG award. Last year, veteran actor Youn Yuh-jung won for her role as a feisty grandmother in the film “Minari.”

Jung, who played Sae-byeok, a North Korean defector who participates in the bloody survival game to win 45.6 billion won ($38.9 million) in the Netflix series, won the award for outstanding performance by a female actor in a drama series. The series marked her debut as an actor. She is better known in Korea as a model.

At the awards ceremony, Jung began her acceptance speech in Korean, expressing gratitude toward other actors at the event, adding that she was honored to be there with people she looks up to. Then she started speaking in English with tears in her eyes.

“Thank you make me dream and open the door for me. And I love you ‘Squid Game’ crew,” Jung said in her acceptance speech.

Jung was nominated in the category alongside Jennifer Aniston for “The Morning Show,” Elisabeth Moss of “The Handmaid‘s Tale,” Sarah Snook of “Succession” and Reese Witherspoon of “The Morning Show.”

C4322ACD-1E7D-4739-B645-09C9C4974E12.jpg
Lee Jung-jae, winner of the award for outstanding performance by a male actor in a drama series for “Squid Game,” poses in the press room at the 28th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in Santa Monica, California, Sunday. (AP-Yonhap)

Top star Lee, who played Gi-hun, a down-on-his-luck middle-aged man who also takes part in the deadly “Squid Game,” was named the winner for outstanding performance by a male actor in a drama series. 

“Oh my, thank you so much. This is truly huge,” Lee said during his acceptance speech in Korean. “Thank you SAG Awards. And thank you to the global audience for all of your love for ‘Squid Game.’”

Lee was nominated along with Brian Cox of “Succession,” Billy Crudup of “The Morning Show,” Kieran Culkin of “Succession” and Jeremy Strong of “Succession.”

The outstanding action performance by a stunt ensemble in a comedy or drama series prize also went to “Squid Game” on Monday. Other works that were nominated in the category were “Cobra Kai,” “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier,” “Loki” and “Mare of Easttown.”

The Korean drama series was also listed for outstanding performance by an ensemble in a drama series, but “Succession” took home that prize.

Director Hwang Dong-hyuk’s “Squid Game” is a story about hundreds of cash-strapped players who risk their lives to compete in children’s games where the final winner gets 45.6 billion won.

Following its release in September, it quickly became the most-watched Netflix show of all time, reaching the No. 1 spot on the show charts of 94 countries.

The “Squid Game” team also won multiple awards at other US awards events.

In January, veteran actor Oh Young-soo, who portrayed player No. 1 in “Squid Game,” took home the best performance by a supporting actor in a series, limited series, or television movie trophy at the 79th Golden Globe Awards. 

In November, the show won the breakthrough series long format category at the 2021 Gotham Awards.

Also, the American Film Institute selected “Squid Game” as one of the three winners of a special honor in December 2021. “Belfast” and “Summer of Soul” were also recognized as “works of excellence that fall outside of the Institute’s criteria of American film and television” along with “Squid Game.”

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220228007400315
From local heartthrob to global star, Lee Jung-jae sees his heyday never end

By Kim Bora (brk@yna.co.kr) | February 28, 2022

57302C34-1A35-4424-816F-AC4FCB646C81.jpg
▲ In this AFP photo, Lee Jung-jae delivers an acceptance speech after winning Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series for his role in "Squid Game" at the Screen Actors Guild Awards at Santa Monica, California, on Feb. 27, 2022. (Yonhap)

B4FECF32-B332-4235-8EDA-6481AF7BE7C5.jpg
▲ This image provided by Next Entertainment World shows a scene from "New World." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

4A137A7A-B87A-41DB-8318-61ADCAD6C905.jpg
▲ This image provided by Showbox shows a scene from "The Face Reader." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, Feb. 28 (Yonhap) -- With the sensational global rise of the South Korean Netflix original "Squid Game," the heyday of its lead Lee Jung-jae, 49, seems to continue further even 30 years after his small screen debut.

Lee clinched his first best actor honor from a major U.S. awards ceremony at the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards on Monday (Korean time), after several nominations at some prestigious awards ceremonies, like the Golden Globes and the Critics Choice Awards.

In "Squid Game," Lee plays Gi-hun, a down-on-his-luck middle-aged man who sponges off his ailing old mother for living expenses and resorts to gambling after a series of business failures, a divorce and heavy indebtedness.

He is drawn to a mysterious competition of traditional Korean kids' games that will reward the only survivor with 45.6 billion won (US$37.8 million) in prize money.

Before "Squid Game," Lee, a veteran and renowned actor, had carved out his acting career in a wide range of genres from historical drama to romances and comedy on big and small screens for about three decades.

Making his TV debut with the campus drama "Dinosaur Teacher" in 1993, he soon became a heartthrob in Korea as a devoted bodyguard in the megahit TV series "Sandglass" (1995).

His presence stood out on the silver screen with the drama "The Young Man" (1994) and the action film "City of the Rising Sun" (1999). Lee swept best rookie actor prizes in local film awards, including the Blue Dragon Film Awards for his role in the former, while he hoisted the best actor trophy at the Blue Dragons for the latter.

Since then, however, he had been sluggish for about a decade as many of his shows or films, like the fantasy romance "Il Mare" (2000) and the comedy "Oh! Brothers" (2003), fell flat.

But he made a comeback with the heist action comedy "The Thieves" (2012), one of the most successful films in Korea, although Lee's name was not listed on the top of the cast.

Next year, he took impressive roles in two big hit films, the crime drama "New World" and the historical film "The Face Reader," proving that he was well suited for charismatic gangster leaders or kings. He was awarded best supporting actor at the Blue Dragon and Baeksang Arts Awards for his performance in "The Face Reader."

And he also received critical acclaim for his acting skills in many of his subsequent projects, including the historical thriller "Assassination" (2015), the war film "Operation Chromite" (2016) and the "Along With the Gods" series, which also became box office hits.

In 2021, "Squid Game," his first Netflix project, helped him gain unprecedented global fame and earn an acting prize at the SAG Awards, which only three Korean actors have won.

Now he is ready for his directorial debut with the spy thriller "Hunt," which is expected to hit local screens later this year.

Lee's prime time has not ended yet. (END)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/02/688_324692.html
'Squid Game' makes history in Korea's drama industry

By Dong Sun-hwa | 2022-02-28 

Lee, Jung win best actors at SAG Awards

0D12036E-DB77-474F-B266-23AF06195732.jpg
"Squid Game" costars Lee Jung-Jae, left, winner of the award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series, and Jung Ho-yeon, winner of the award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series, pose in the press room at the 28th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California, Sunday (local time). AP-Yonhap

The Korean dystopian drama "Squid Game" and its actors have made history in Korea's drama industry by winning three awards at the U.S. Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards, Sunday (local time).

Lee Jung-jae and Jung Ho-yeon, who starred in Netflix's mega-hit 2021 series, took home best male actor and female actor awards in the TV drama category, becoming the first Korean actors to pull off the feat. The drama also clinched the Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a TV Series award.

This is the first time for non-English-speaking performers to notch the SAG's drama acting awards. 

"It is a notable accomplishment, considering that the SAG awards do not frequently recognize non-English-speaking actors," pop culture critic Kim Hern-sik told The Korea Times, Monday. 

Kim pointed out that global streaming platforms like Netflix have played a pivotal role in raising Korean dramas' profile by changing how they are distributed.

"In the past, it was challenging for Korean dramas to directly enter the American market," he said. "It was not easy for Korean actors to star in American series or films as well. But now, content made in Korea can be distributed widely to different countries via platforms like Netflix."

Directed by Hwang Dong-hyuk, "Squid Game" is Netflix's biggest hit Korean original series, which scored more than 1.65 billion hours of viewing during the first four weeks of its release on Sept. 17. The nine-episode series reportedly generated nearly $900 million total profit for Netflix. 

8925779B-8673-4EA2-9B39-E1E4F524692B.jpg
Lee Jung-Jae reacts amid actors and film industry people as he is announced the winner for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series for "Squid Game" at the 28th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California, Sunday (local time). AP-Yonhap

Lee edged out several big-name actors, such as Brain Cox, Kieran Culkin and Jeremy Strong of the popular dark comedy "Succession," to become the winner of the Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series. In "Squid Game," he plays Gi-hoon, a middle-aged man who joins rounds of Korean children's games to win the prize of 45.6 billion won ($37.8 million).

"A very big event has taken place in my life," Lee said in his acceptance speech. "Before coming to the award ceremony, I wrote down what I should say, but I just can't read it all right now. I am so thankful to the global audience of 'Squid Game' and also our cast and crew."

Jung defeated Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon of the American drama "The Morning Show," and won a trophy for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series. In "Squid Game," she takes the role of Sae-byeok, a North Korean defector who also plays mysterious games to rescue her parents. 

"It is such a huge honor to stand right here," Jung said with tears of joy as she accepted her reward. "I want to show my appreciation to the 'Squid Game' team."

Lee and Jung have also become the latest Korean actors to be honored at the SAG awards, following Youn Yuh-jung, who was named Best Supporting Actress last year for her performance in the 2020 film "Minari," and the 10-person cast of film "Parasite" that won the Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture.

The success of "Squid Game" and its actors has led numerous people to believe that Korean dramas are going mainstream around the world. But critic Kim stressed that the Korean series did not gain popularity just because it was made in Korea. 

"Popular dramas like 'Squid Game' have won people's hearts because their stories were appealing to international viewers," he noted. "The producers of Korean content should focus on creating inventive and quality content that suits the tastes of different people, without trying to incorporate so-called 'K-drama elements' into their work."

• Like 1

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/02/28/entertainment/television/CELEB-Lee-Jungjae/20220228161142526.html
[CELEB] Lee Jung-jae has a night to remember

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr] | February 28, 2022

3BEC7F74-BF02-4E14-A286-556A0C27250A.jpg
Lee Jung-Jae accepts the award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series for ″Squid Game″ at the 28th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Barker Hangar on Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, in Santa Monica, California. [AP/YONHAP]

It was a night to remember for actor Lee Jung-jae on Sunday as his name was called out as the winner of the Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor at the 28th Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards.

A look of utter amazement spread over the actor’s face as he climbed the stage to receive his trophy.

“Oh my, thank you so much,” he said with a trembling voice. “This is truly huge, what’s happened to me [...] Thank you to the global audience for all of your love for ‘Squid Game.’ And thank you, ‘Squid Game’ team. Thank you.”

Spoiler

26F3A668-6BDF-4DA6-B4DF-1972EDECB922.jpg

Lee earned global fame through Netflix Korea's "Squid Game," which became the most-viewed Netflix content of all time. [NETFLIX]

Lee portrayed Gi-hun, or player 456, a middle-aged-man at the end of his luck who becomes one of the 456 contestants invited to participate in a mysterious competition involving a set of traditional children’s games with a deadly twist. Lee ends up becoming the ultimate winner of 45.6 billion won ($38.7 million), but accepts it with a bitter taste left in his mouth as he has to witness the deaths of 455 other contestants. The first season ended with a hint of a continuing story as Gi-hun decides not to board a plane to Los Angeles where his daughter is, with a look of determination to stop the next round of games from happening.

During an online interview with local broadcaster KBS in December, creator Hwang Dong-hyuk said that he is in discussions with Netflix to create both season 2 and 3 of the series, which will center around Gi-hun, “the people he meets, and the people that he will be chasing after.”

After “Squid Game” was released on the streaming service on Sept. 17, it became Netflix’s most-viewed content with more than 140 million households watching the series. The series also broke the record for the longest time in the No. 1 spot on the Top TV Shows in the World on Netflix chart — 46 consecutive days from Sept. 23 to Nov. 7.

Although Lee portrays an indecisive loser, he was actually a 90s star, famous for his looks that were especially highlighted in SBS television series “Sandglass” in 1995. Although fictitious, “Sandglass” was the first-ever television series to directly cover the May 18 Gwangju Democratization Movement (1980) and other significant real-events in Korea’s contemporary history. The show remains one of the most popular television series in the history of Korean television with a whopping average viewership rate of 50.8 percent. Lee portrayed the character of Baek Jae-hee, a silent bodyguard for the female protagonist Yoon Hye-rin (played by Ko Hyun-jung) who was secretly in love with her and comes to her rescue whenever she is in danger.

05840955-4BC4-4D06-970B-D87524E431AD.jpg
Lee as heartthrob bodyguard Baek Jae-hee in SBS television series "Sandglass" (1995) [SBS]

Lee continued to feature in films and television series but none of them failed to earn recognition or see any notable success {Me: i am sorry, but this isn’t true!} until he starred in director Im Sang-soo’s “The Housemaid” (2010), which was adapted from the 1960 film of the same title by filmmaker Kim Ki-young, a celebrated auteur whom Youn Yuh-jung mentioned in her Oscar acceptance speech in 2021.

“The Housemaid” (1960) centers on the destruction of a family told through the story of femme fatale housemaid Myung-sook. Youn, who shot to stardom by appearing as Myung-sook in Kim Ki-young’s remake of his own film “Woman of Fire”’ (1971), appeared in the 2010 film as an old maid who knows the ins and outs of the family home, while Lee portrayed the patriarchal master of the household, Hun, who has an affair with the maid Eun-yi (played by Jeon Do-yeon).

The film was invited to compete for the Palme d’Or at the 63rd Cannes International Film Festival. He then went on to star in director Choi Dong-hoon’s “The Thieves” (2012) as one of the 10 thieves attempting to strike it rich by robbing a casino, which broke the local box office milestone of selling over 10 million tickets.

He went on to portray a variety of characters as an undercover police detective, Grand Prince Suyang who becomes King Sejo (1417-68) of Joseon (1392-1910), a double-faced independence activist, a priest who investigates the corruptive practices of pseudo religions and a cold-blooded yakuza bloodthirsty for revenge in films such as “New World” (2013), “The Face Reader” (2013), “Assassination” (2015), “Svaha: The Sixth Finger” (2019) and “Deliver Us From Evil” (2020).

Spoiler

7E97C7FF-D35C-41FC-B0A2-1DAE23C42704.jpg

7CE03C11-D8B6-466C-936F-3E42F0665F2B.jpg

088E2E9C-66CB-40F4-9311-57F1F7BE0F79.jpg

67AC7B0D-EF66-494F-B19D-7CB0271A06A9.jpg

Lee has featured in a variety of roles spanning over nearly three decades, as a patriarch of a household who lusts after a housemaid in "The Housemaid" (2010), as a sly thief in "The Thieves" (2012), historical figure Grand Prince Suyang in "The Face Reader" (2013) and a two-faced independence activist in "Assassination" (2015). [SIDUS, SHOWBOX]

His first appearance as the Grand Prince Suyang in “The Face Reader” is remembered by local audiences as one of the most formidable and iconic first appearances of all time. The film garnered over 9.2 million ticket sales. His other film “Assassination” also broke the 10-million-ticket milestone.

71898DE0-7743-4EC7-B511-513BBCF73ECD.jpg

Lee and Jung Woo-sung's friendship goes back over two decades since they first appeared together in "City of the Rising Sun" (1999). Jung is set to appear in Lee's directorial debut film "Hunt." [UNO FILM]

Lee continues to strive for new challenges. He is set to make his directorial debut through his film “Hunt” later this year, in which he will also star with his longtime friend and actor Jung Woo-sung. The duo’s friendship goes back over two decades when they starred together in “City of the Rising Sun” (1999). Their friendship has been well-known throughout the years, with Jung even publicly mentioning Lee in the credits of Netflix Korea’s space sci-fi series “The Silent Sea” (2021), which Jung worked on as an executive producer. The action film is set in the 1980s when the country’s military regime was at its peak. Lee portrays elite agent Park Pyung-ho who works at the Agency for National Security Planning and is chasing after a North Korean spy while coming to terms with the truth about his country.

Jung is to portray the role of Kim Jung-do, a rival and a colleague of agent Park.

Lee Jung-jae
Date of birth: December 15, 1972 
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius 
Birthplace: Seoul 
Debut: October 1993 through SBS drama series “Dinosaur Teacher” 
Agency: Artist Company

Lee debuted on the small screen through SBS television series “Dinosaur Teacher” in October 1993 and shot to stardom through another SBS drama series “Sandglass” in 1995. Although a 90s star, Lee’s most iconic characters are in films released after 2000, including “The Housemaid” (2010), “The Thieves” (2012), “New World” (2013), “The Face Reader” (2013), “Assassination” (2015) and “Deliver Us From Evil” (2020). He found global fame through Netflix Korea series “Squid Game,” for which he won the Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor at the 28th Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards. He faces his directorial debut through action film “Hunt,” set to be released later this year.  

This information was confirmed by Artist Company on February 28, 2022.

• Like 1

https://zapzee.net/2022/03/02/lee-jung-jae-says-he-was-always-clear-about-what-he-wants-to-do-in-terms-of-acting/
Lee Jung Jae Says He Was Always Clear About What He Wants to Do in Terms of Acting

by krishkim | photos: WWD Korea

FF035DAB-609A-4789-91DA-110328F82429.jpg

Lee Jung Jae has really become a world-class actor.

Lee Jung Jae, who won the SAG Awards for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series for his performance in Squid Game, stood in front of the camera for the first issue of WWD Korea.

For this pictorial, the actor pulled off a variety of attire boasting Gucci’s unique design with his boyish smile. He was recently named Gucci’s ambassador.

In an interview afterward, Lee Jung Jae talked about the turning point in his acting career. “I was always clear of which direction I should be moving towards. So I didn’t really have a big turning point like u-turns, left or right turns,” he shared.

84D1BA37-ADF8-4B9B-B059-C2CA8C7ABF54.jpg

Spoiler

93A3FB80-417C-4951-8621-BA2B0D8C0D6D.web

He continued, “The goal was to go in one direction, but instead of running in a straight line, I changed directions little by little. As a result, I got to accumulate small turning points and have been making transformations with little deviation from time to time.”

Meanwhile, Lee Jung Jae once again dreams of “deviation” at the peak of his career. Having garnered global attention with Squid Game, he is getting ready to make a new lead forward with the movie Hunt (literal title). He is the producer, director, and actor of the movie, which is slated for release later this year.

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

https://www.koreadispatch.com/2022/03/03/lee-jung-jaes-30-year-acting-career-the-direction-i-want-to-go-is-always-clear
Lee Jung-jae's 30-year acting career "The direction I want to go is always clear"

March 3, 2022

Actor Lee Jung-jae decorated the cover of the magazine 'WWD Korea'.

Lee Jung-jae, who became a world-class actor by receiving the Best Actor Award at the 2022 Screen Actors Guild Awards stood in front of the camera for the first issue of WWD Korea. In a solo interview photo shoot with the concept of 'monodrama', Lee Jung-jae revealed the joys and sorrows of his 30-year acting life in his own way without regrets.

At the photo shoot, Lee Jung-jae showed off a variety of styles such as a classic Shepherd check suit, a safari jacket, and a colorful botanical shirt. In particular, the smile that is still full of boyish charm harmonized with Gucci's witty design to create a unique atmosphere. Lee Jung-jae was recently selected as Gucci's ambassador.

In an interview for the first issue of WWD Korea, Lee Jung-jae answered the question, 'What is the turning point in your acting life?', said, "There were no major turns such as U-turns, left turns, or right turns because the direction I wanted to go was always clear. The goal was to go in one direction, but while on the way, I did not run in a straight road, but changed directions little by little. As a result, small turning points piled up, and I have deviated little by little and have been transformed.” As he said, the time that he has been walking his path without wavering for 30 years has accumulated, making today's actor Lee Jung-jae more solid.

Meanwhile, Lee Jung-jae is dreaming of once again deviating from the peak of his career. In 2021, he was reborn as an actor attracting attention around the world with 'Squid Game', and he is preparing for a new leap with the movie 'The Hunt', which he produced, directed, and starred in. ‘The Hunt’ is said to be in the final stages of work, aiming for a release this year.

Like the lyrics of Roy Orbison's song 'In Dreams', which Lee Jung-jae played as Lee Han in the movie 'Young Man' (1994), which he first starred in the lead role. Lee Jung-jae is walking on a more beautiful dream path than ever before. Behind-the-scenes pictorials and sincere conversations with him who is rewriting his acting life will be exclusively released through the March issue of WWD Korea and the WWD Korea website. Digital video content will be presented one after another through WWD Korea's social media.

As one of the environmental protection campaigns, WWD Korea, which is published without a cover, can be purchased from major bookstores such as Kyobo Bookstore and Yes24 from March 5.

——

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/PYH20220302198400325
'Squid Game' star returns home with SAG award

[March 02, 2022] Lee Jung-jae waves to his fans upon arrival at Incheon International Airport, west of Seoul, on March 2, 2022, from a trip to the United States, where he won best male actor in the TV drama category at the U.S. Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards for his role in the mega-hit Netflix drama "Squid Game." (Yonhap)

202427CC-F630-412B-84B1-FC0296DBF6C7.jpg

Spoiler

BFC7F403-371C-4230-9CB3-0E849DF5E48B.jpg